Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Talwar
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. TalwarYour feedback matters!
I'm pregnant of 5 months. For last 2 months I suffer with sneezing and cold problem. Is their any solution to get it off.
रोज़ स्नान कीजिये
· पर्याप्त नींद(7-8)
· स्वस्थ और पौष्टिक आहार खाइए, जंक भोजन जैसे की बर्गर, पिज़ा इत्यादि न खाइए या कम खाइए
· रोज़ व्यायाम कीजिये
· खूब पानी पीजिये
· रसदार फल जैसे की संतरा, सेब, आम, केला इत्यादि रोज़ खाइए
· नारियल पानी भी सेहत के लिए बहुत लाभदायक होता है.
तन की सेहत के साथ मन का स्वस्थ रहना भी आवश्यक है.
मन या दिमाग को स्वस्थ रखने के नुस्खे :-
· टेंशन या स्ट्रेस न लें
· पर्याप्त नींद
· रोज़ व्यायाम करें
· अगर कोई बात परेशां कर रही हो तो किसी मित्र से बातें या किसी कागज़ पर लिख दें
· मधुर संगीत भी मस्तिष्क के लिए अछा होता है
· पौष्टिक आहार खाएं व खूब जल पियें
· अगर आपको लगें की चिंता हद से ज्यादा हो रही है तो किसी मनोवैज्ञानिक की सलाह लें
· डिप्रेशन से बचें.
इन साधारण बातो का ध्यान रखने से अप एक सुखी व स्वस्थ जीवन जी सकते हैं
Hello, I have PCOS problem so doctor suggested to take Diane 35 tablet for 21 days and then 7 days gap. For 1 Year. In these 7 days I will face my Periods. But now 4th day after 21 day course. I am not having Period. Why this is happening? What should I do. Can I start taking tablet after 7 days if periods doesn't come. please help.
More than half of the women who menstruate, tend to go through pain from period cramps for a day or two every month. During the menstrual cycle, the uterus contracts to remove its coating or lining. Hormone like substances, called prostaglandins, which are the cause for pain and aggravation, trigger the uterine muscle contractions. More elevated levels of prostaglandins are linked with more severe menstrual cramps.
While menstrual cramps, additionally called dysmenorrhea, are normally not an indication of a highly serious health condition, they can act as barriers in your daily lifestyle. To help with the pain, here are five things that may offer some relief. In case your period cramps appear to be extreme or you do not get help even after attempting some of these choices, check with your specialist for the required medication or treatment. Five ways to prevent severe menstrual cramps are:
- Exercise: A regular walk or any sort of physical movement can relieve you from the abdomen and thigh pain. This discharges endorphins to balance the prostaglandins and diminish your cramps. Exercising a little three to four times each week is useful for the general strength of your body.
- Apply a heating pad: Warmth unwinds the contracting muscles in your uterus, which is the reason for your pain. There are a number of over-the-counter warming pads and cushions, or electric, reusable heating bags.
- Drink chamomile tea: Certain teas may calm menstrual cramps. Teas have been used traditionally and can offer relief from pain. Chamomile tea is one of the most effective teas among many others. It tends to increase the hippurate element in your body, which is a natural anti-inflammatory agent. Mitigating agents diminish the prostaglandin formation in the body, accordingly assisting in pain relief from menstrual cramps.
- Improve your diet: Vitamin D is vital in decreasing menstrual cramps. Decreasing your fat intake and eating more vegetables as a part of your diet may ease the pain. Low-fat food and less carbs help your health by and large, even as they can have an obvious impact on menstrual issues. Swap less solid fats like the saturated fats found in junk food, for more healthy ones like unsaturated fats found in olive oil. Getting more dietary magnesium appears to relieve the pain as well. Magnesium directs better nerve and muscle functioning, among other crucial functions.
- Massage with essential oils: Using certain sweet-smelling oils and massaging them can likewise soothe menstrual pain. Dilute lavender, clary sage, or marjoram to a three percent concentration in an unscented cream. The duration of pain can be lessened from two and a half to one day after self-massaging with these essential oils.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Diabetes often referred as diabetes mellitus is a metabolic diseases in which the person has high blood glucose (blood sugar) either because insulin production is inadequate or because the body's cells do not respond properly to insulin or both. There are three types of diabetes:
1. Type 1 diabetes: The body doesn't produce insulin. People usually develop type 1 before their 40 th year often in early adulthood or teenage years. It is nearly 10% of total diabetes
2. Type 2 diabetes: The body doesn't produce insulin for proper function, approximately 90% of all cases of diabetes of this typeType diabetes
I’m 25 years old female and going to get married on April 29th. My period Date is 5th March. I consulted with one Gynaecologist also to prepare my period Date becs I will have to visit temples after my marriage till May 10th. Doctor suggested me to take duoluton L medicine for 15 days from March 5th so tat I will get my periods around March 20-22. My concern is will this medicine work and will I get my periods if I stop the tablet after 15 days becs my regular period cycle is 30 days with no PCOD problem. Also I want to know if I get my periods on March 20-22 becs of the tablet then do I need to continue the medicine till May month or not.
The woman’s reproductive system is an extremely complex one. The uterus which is the main organ with its appendages helps in conception, pregnancy, and childbirth by undergoing marvellous changes. The uterus measures just about 7.5 x 4.5 in a normal woman and expands to accommodate a full-term baby within her during gestation.
The uterus is lined with smooth muscles, and due to unknown reasons, this lining material could be found in other parts of the pelvic organs. This condition is known as endometriosis and is one of the main causes of pelvic pain. Most women suffer through it, and it mostly gets diagnosed when some other issue is being investigated.
For women with endometriosis, there are mainly two issues to deal with i.e. pain and depression.
Pain: While the pain per se is one issue, the way it affects daily normal life is another thing to be considered. For the pain to minimally affect routine life, the following are effective ways.
- Exercise: Anything that you prefer like swimming, jogging, dancing, aerobics, cycling. This will help in stress management and pain relief.
- Rest: Get adequate rest of 8 to 9 hours per night. On severely painful days, go ahead and sleep for a couple of hours extra.
- Stress management: Whether through yoga or meditation or music, learn to manage stress better. Nobody is without stress but managing it is the key.
- Eat healthy and fresh: Whole grains, fresh fruits and vegetables, increased fibres are definitely useful. Reduce whites including sugar, salt, and dairy products if possible.
- Social life: Stay connected with people whose company you enjoy – be it family or friends, or even counsellor if required.
- Speak up: Let your close circle of friends at work know your problem, so they can help when you need it the most.
Depression and mood swings can be managed in the following ways.
- Do what makes you happy: There are some activities which will definitely make you feel better. A quiet walk to get some fresh air. Watching a dance video. Listening to your favourite soundtrack. Changing body language to one without stopped shoulders and frowning foreheads can make a big difference.
- Focus on the good: Writing down or thinking about what went well for the day can cheer you up and overcome the blues that is so common in women with endometriosis.
- Positive thinking: Instead of saying, I can not try saying I will try. It makes a BIG difference, and you will be amazed at the results.
- Keep happy company near you: Surround yourself with happy, positive people and see your happiness quotient go up!!!
Endometriosis is definitely an enigma that is not well known, understood, or identified. However, the above are definitely useful way to cope with it. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Homeopathy is a department of natural medicine based on the Principle of Similars and a non-toxic system of experimental science of therapeutics originated in Germany. From Germany (year 1796) homeopathy spreads to Austria (1816) and then to the rest of the Europe. The birth date of the founder and father of Homeopathy i.e. 10 April every year is celebrated as ‘World Homeopathy Day’ and the week following his birthday (10-16th April) is celebrated as ‘World Homeopathy Awareness Week’
Principle of similar (Let likes be treated by likes) talks about the pathogenetic and symptomatic similarity between the drug and the disease and is stated as
The drug which is most likely to cure or relieve a case of disease is that which when administered to a healthy person, has shown itself capable of producing symptoms and change in sensation experienced which most closely resemble those of the case of disease.
In 1790, he discovered principle of similar when he found that drug which was known to be curative actually produces those very symptoms when given to a healthy person. He said, “Substances which arouse a kind of fever extinguish the types of intermittent fevers…Cinchona cures intermittent fever by virtue of its power to produce in the healthy, a similar affection”. But the principle was published in 1796.
The same drug acts differently when given to a person under conditions of disease from what it would do in the same person when in health. The powers of any drug over the human organism, is the sum-total of the symptoms and alternations it has caused when introduced into a healthy organism, and the symptoms and morbid changes it has removed when given to the sick
In other words, the specific curative property of a drug lies in its power of producing similar symptoms in a healthy individual i.e. the drugs have sickness-making as well as sickness curing properties, the sickness being the same . What a drug can cause it can cure; and that if you want to know what a drug can cure, you have only to discover what it can cause
Homoeopathy maintains that there is a constant relationship between the effect of drugs on the healthy and the curative reactions they call forth in the sick, so, clearly, you must test drugs on healthy people. If a compound caused symptoms in healthy volunteers, it should then also serve as a remedy for patients who actually suffer from such symptoms.
Hahnemann found that when a medicine was able to produce changes similar in nature and expression to that of the natural disease in the patient, it stimulated a response in spite of obstacles or sluggishness of the system. This response was the natural one the body used in curing itself. The response was a temporary aggravation of one or more symptoms followed by quick amelioration.
Disease can be cured by a medicinal substance given in small doses that produces similar symptoms in health people when given in large doses. In simple words, the medicine can cure when given in picogram doses what it can cause in milligram doses.
1. Red onion when peeled makes your eyes water and your nose burn. If you are having an attack of hay fever/common cold with watering eyes and a burning nose or a cold which is ‘worse indoors, better in open air’, a homeopathic remedy made from onion called allium cepa can relieve it.
2. Poison ivy causes redness, intense itching, burning, blistering and sometimes stiff muscles. Potentised poison ivy called as rhus tox (a homeopathy medicine) has been used for herpes, burns, eczema, allergy, arthritis, etc.
3. When you are stung by a bee you feel a burning, stinging pain and the tissues surrounding the area swell up. Some relief is gained from applying cold to the area. If you had swollen tonsils with burning and stinging pain relieved by cold, a homeopathic remedy prepared from the same source Apis Mellificia could cure.
5. Eyebright causes a clear and bland nasal discharge along with tears that burn and irritate the skin under the eye. The homeopathic medicine Euphrasia prepared from eyebright cures it.
6. Quinine (derived form Cinchona bark) given in daily doses to a healthy person can cause symptoms similar to malaria. Indeed, the Cinchona officinalis, a homeopathic medicine prepared from cinchona bark, is curative in many patients with malaria.
7. White Hellebore, in large doses, causes violent purging that leads to severe dehydration-symptoms similar to cholera. Veratrum album, a homeopathic medicine prepared from White Hellebore is effective against cholera
8. Belladonna, a homeopathic medicine, is used to treat scarlet fever (fever due to Group A Streptococcal (bacterial) Infection), since the symptoms of belladonna poisoning closely resemble those of scarlet fever
9. Human body can tolerate about 7 grams of salt per day, but if we triple it and give 21 grams per day, we will have a very sick person within a fortnight with a host of symptoms peculiar to the substance given in high enough doses. A medicine prepared from common salt called Natrum mur can cure host of diseases ranging from hypertension to depression.