Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. T.K.KohliYour feedback matters!
Doctor prescribed me to use Yasmin 21 day tablet for irregular menses problem. I completed the pack and it's been already 2 days over but still I didn't get period. When can I expect my period and after how many days I should start the new pack.
I àm 18 n is having pcos from last 6 months but didn't took any medication for this. I have bilateral pcos earlier only my absent periods were d symptoms but now I am gaining a lot of weight. What should I do? now I get my periods but they get delayed but I am gaining weight.
Itching around vagina but it's around and outside on public hairs. Even I remove hairs it come again.
I am 26 yrs/47 kg/m. 1 years ago I suffered from b/l mild hydronephrosis, 4 mm stone and cystitis, which was cured. But then onwards I am suffering from recurring urine infection, every time using an antibiotics course, till now used for 12 times, occuing infection after masturbation now my serum creatinine raised from 0.7 mg to 1.2 mg, now its 1.3 mg, having flank to groin pain, burning sensation due to infection in urine (pus cells: 10hpf, color: S.Hazy, protein:trace). Ct scan plain is normal, Kindly tell me is there any problem, what solution for my problem .
I got married last year, last 15 days we did not sex. But when yesterday we had sex I felt too much pain we stop after 1 min because of pain. When I go to washroom after sex then I felt burning sensation while passing urine. Today night we again try but again I fell too much pain. But the pain is vanish after 1-2 hour of intercourse.
The knee joint is made up of several elements including the knee cap, meniscus, connective tissue, tendons, ligaments, cartilage, and muscles. Damage to any part of the knee can cause chronic pain.
What can cause knee pain:
Fractures: These are caused by the breaking up of the kneecap due to falls or collisions.ACL Injuries: Caused due to the tearing of the anterior cruciate ligament (that connects the femur and the shinbone). Especially common in sportspersons such as footballers or basketball players.Meniscus tears: The meniscus or the rubber-like cartilage (that acts as a shock absorber) can be torn by sudden jerks or excess pressure.
Arthritis: The chief cause of lingering knee pain, arthritis itself can be of a number of types.
- Osteoarthritis, which is a result of deterioration of cartilages due to wear and tear
- Rheumatoid Arthritis, an inflammatory chronic disorder
- Septic Arthritis, causing pain, swelling and redness.
- Gout caused due to the development of uric acid crystals in the joints
How to deal with it:
- Exercise: Moderate to intense exercise is prescribed for one and all. This, of course, depends on one's overall health and age. If you are already suffering from joint pain, then you may want to go easy on the exercise with a focus on building muscle strength and foundation. If you are healthy, then some amount of daily exercise as a routine will keep those knees in prime working condition and well lubricated as well. Inactivity and a sedentary lifestyle can affect the knees very badly.
- Dealing with Load: Weight is a big one. Carrying around extra pounds and kilograms can be detrimental for your knees in the long run. Your knee is not equipped to handle the excessive weight. It already supports three to five times your weight when you get up and walk around or indulge in some mild jogging. One must be careful of those extra pounds to take the load off the knee and keep it from falling prey to damage.
- Do not Ignore: Warning signals such as chronic or acute knee pain should not be ignored. Remember to see a doctor or an orthopaedic specialist to find out if you have contracted an infection or if you may have suffered a fracture due to an injury.
The ligaments around the knee are strong. However, sometimes they can become injured. They may be stretched (sprained), or sometimes torn (ruptured). A ligament rupture can be partial (just some of the fibres that make up the ligament are torn) or complete (the ligament is torn through completely). The majority of knee ligament injuries are sprains and not tears and they tend to settle down quickly.
ACL injury and other ligament injuries can be caused by:
- Twisting your knee with the foot planted
- Getting hit on the knee
- Extending the knee too far
- Jumping and landing on a flexed knee
- Stopping suddenly when running
- Suddenly shifting weight from one leg to the other
These injuries are common in soccer players, football players, basketball players, skiers, gymnasts, and other athletes.
- Rest the knee.
- Ice your knee to reduce pain and swelling.
- Compress your knee.
- Elevate your knee on a pillow when you're sitting or lying down.
- Wear a knee brace to stabilise the knee
- Practise stretching and strengthening exercises if they are recommended.
For severe collateral ligament tears, you may need surgery to attach the ligament back to the bone if it was pulled away, or to the other part of the ligament if it was torn in the middle.
A meniscus tear is a common knee injury. The meniscus is a rubbery, C-shaped disc that cushions your knee. Each knee has two menisci (plural of meniscus)-one at the outer edge of the knee and one at the inner edge. The menisci keep your knee steady by balancing your weight across the knee. A torn meniscus can prevent your knee from working right.
A meniscus tear is usually caused by twisting or turning quickly, often with the foot planted while the knee is bent. Meniscus tears can occur when you lift something heavy or play sports. As you get older, your meniscus gets worn. This can make it tear more easily.
Treatment may include:
- Rest, ice, wrapping the knee with an elastic bandage, and propping up the leg on pillows.
- Physical therapy.
- Surgery to repair the meniscus.
- Surgery to remove part of the meniscus. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Physiotherapist.
Im 15 years old and my birthday was on 10 march so before 2 days crossed my 14 but I do not have periods is there tension?
Just recd my ca 125. Its 61.5. Does it mean I've cancer. Besides the mri report impression says 1. Right ovary dermoid cyst 8cm 2. Left ovary dermoid cyst 2cm 3. Left hydrosalpinx 4. Right fallopian tube mildly dilated. 5. Intramural anterior uterocervical fibroid 41MM X29MM Extremely scared seeing so many problems. I know the cyst has to be removed. But can these others be treated through home remedy or medication.
I have been married for five months and trying to conceive. Now I decided to go for lecturer which I was doing before marriage. Can I go for the job or should I take rest in home to get pregnant.
I am a girl of 17 yrs. I am not having periods properly. I had medicines. After medicines it happens. In dat month but den it makes a long gap of 4, 5 months. I tried homeopathy. And first time the regularity was of 4 months on date. After that the same problem. I feel my weight is also gaining due to that factor. And I am dissapointed hugely. Wat should I do to get through all this? for weight factoir I tried baba ramdev's medicine but I guess dat did not work and I gained some weight too instead of loosing. Now I am doing gym. N that is also not benifiting poroperly.
Vaginismus is a condition characterized by significant pain in the vagina generally during sexual intercourse. This pain occurs on penetration due to the contraction of the vaginal muscles.
The exact cause of Vaginismus is not exactly known to the doctors. But some researchers suggests that the pain might result from severe anxiety or illogical fears before sex.
Vaginismus can be primary or secondary depending on the concerned woman’s previous sexual experiences. Vaginismus can be linked to an earlier sexually painful experience, sexual trauma or psychological factors. In some cases, the pain tends to exist without any direct physical cause. The causes of the pain might vary from women to women and might occur in some cases with only one specific partner and not with others.
Sometimes the pain might stem from underlying infections or any other underlying complications.
The symptoms of Vaginismus are as follows:
Severe pain during intercourse.
Severe pain during insertion of tampons or during any medical check-ups.
The following treatments can be useful to treat Vaginismus:
If the pain arises due to anxiety or fear, counselling sessions can help you to a remedy.
If the pain arises whenever something penetrates the vaginal walls, progressive desensitization can be useful to treat the pain. The process aims to loosen the vaginal muscles so that you don’t experience any pain during sexual intercourse.
Kegel exercises (at least 20 of them) can help in the initial stage to relax the vaginal muscles. After you exercise for a few days, you should try inserting one finger inside your vagina while doing the exercises. Try doing it gently and if it still hurts, try doing it with a lubricating jelly. This continuous procedure will help in the contraction of the vaginal muscles which eventually relax.