Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Swathi Singh
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Swathi SinghYour feedback matters!
I have eye itching since 1 year. How to prevent this. And also I have dandruff since 1 yr. please send me some effective ayurvedic tips.
I'm having eye sight problems sometimes, after someday it will cured, what can I do to clear this problem?
Hello doctor. I am 29 years old. And I'HV got eye operation (flex scan) last year (23/03/2015). N I HV put eye drops as suggested by doctor for 3 months n after that due to eye pain I took antibiotics capsules n eye drops. But after that they hv suggested me not to put any eye drops in my eyes n no need to splash water into eyes. But on Lybrate I have seen an article in which you have given tips to protest eyes n in that thr is mentioned that splash water in eyes then should I do this. Sometimes I feel itching n don't feel normal (left eye). Whenever I use mobile n watch TV or do any work I feel pain. Even sometimes due to work I have to go outside in dust or bale. N eyes catch dust n dis creates problem. Now tell me what should I do in this situation. Kindly gv me solution.
My eyes are getting drained somewhat I don't know. I play games on 40 inch led tv for 2 hours afternoon and night at 11 pm for 2 hours. I want to ask is any dangerous thing is this? Or I can take some rest or what type of thing I should do to live a healthy life. My eyes are in good condition. I just want to know what precaution I should follow to not affect by laptop, mobiles, gaming effects?
Do you know that every little activity that you perform on a daily basis impacts your body? What you eat, how long you sleep and even every tear you shed affects your body. Most people are aware of how their body reacts to major activities, like exercising, but few are aware of how the body reacts when they cry.
While you are generally concerned with the mental cause and effect of crying, have you thought about what crying does to you physically? Tears are not always shed when a person is upset. Tears are a body's way of expressing itself as well as protecting itself. Everything from a happy ending in a movie to a dust particle in the eye can make you tear up.
There are essentially three kinds of tears. Basal tears and reflective tears help keep the eyes lubricated and irritant free respectively. It is the psych tears, which we commonly refer to as crying, that come as emotional responses.
Crying might be a sign of emotional stress and pain but if you are wondering how it harms your body, the answer is that it does not. Crying does not harm one's body physically. In fact it does better than harm to your body, purely physically speaking. Here's how-
- When you cry, your tears help your eyes remain clear.
- It also has anti-bacterial properties that keep your eyes clean.
- Your eyes remain properly hydrated thus reducing any kind of irritation. You might feel dehydrated after a while due to the loss of water and salt.
- Even the excess manganese in your body gets washed out through tears.
But for some, the act of crying can cause medical complications. It can lead to fits or can cause an acute shortness of breath. For those with severe heart conditions, there can be a cardiac pain. Crying can take a toll on your body if you have certain medical conditions. For most people crying does more good for their body than harm.
From 2 days back my right eye seems watery and red, it can be eye flu or Bacterial conjunctivitis, please suggest what is fast recovery for it as I am with my family and don't want it spread to my child and other family member. I remember I ate something from some unhygienic last Sunday from that day to till now I am feeling this issue. Thank you. Please suggest any eye drop with home remedies.
I am 21years old I have head ache from 3 ys i am a truck driver I can not drive on sun light my eyes are red colour please tell me the solution, please help me.
Dear sir/madam I can not see tha colour and I have an understanding problem in colour 2 tyms am fail in driving license medical plzz help.
1) Is flashlight close to only one eye for long will cause visual impairment in one eye? And in future can it cause lazy eye. 2) I have done that with my" right" eye. Few days ago I used to keep my smartphone camera very close to my eye for long time more than 10 mins to check I have squint or not. Actually i'm in physiological problem. 3) Then I check my both eyes from retina surgeon. According to him my both retinas are normal there is no damage. 4) after that I closed doing such is stupid things. But now when I close my left eye and see with right eye only I see things little blurry not to much but its noticeable. When I see things at far distance with my right eye only it is more blurry than near images. Can this lead to lazy eye in future? How can I treat it?
I lost my elderfarher so I always sad. For this cause ,I fell Headache many time and when I study tears flow from eye. (I use glass ),pls help me sirr.
Me and my husband had very weak eyes and we have used spectacles then after our marriage we went for Lasik. My baby is 3 years old. To keep him engaged he sometimes watches tv in a day maximum 1 hour. I have noticed as soon as he starts watching tv he starts rubbing his one eye. What could be the reason? And please suggest some good diet for eye health so that he does not have to use specs at early age.
Dr. I am a software engineer so most of the time I will do my work on PC and that's why I have some problem in my eyes like anko me pani ana, anko ke niche wrinkles ana. This all are the problems in my eyes. So please help me Dr. And Please give me a solution of this problem.
My power of accommodation of eye is weakening day by day what can I do for this problem in early stage.
While taking corrective measures like opting for glasses, contact lens or eye surgery is fine to improve eye health, certain exercises are equally beneficial.
Here are some effective exercises, which can prove to be highly beneficial to improve your eye health:
- Figure of eight: This exercise helps in strengthening the eye muscles and provides flexibility. In this exercise, you need to imagine a huge eight in front of your eyes. Slowly turn the 8 on its side. With the help of your eyes slowly trace the figure of 8. Repeat it the other way after a few minutes.4.
- Deep blinking: This is also an incredibly useful exercise for distance vision. What you have to do is to place some large letters are at a fair distance and then sit on a chair. You have to then close your eyes and tighten all your muscles for 5 seconds. After 5 seconds are over, you have to open your eyes and then you have to see the letters for a second or two. The more number of times you do this, the more clearly you will be able to see the letters after reopening your eyes.However, these eye exercises are not universally accepted by all doctors.
- Flexing: This is simply rotating your eyes in circles. Roll your eyes in the clockwise direction for one minute and then roll your eyes in the anticlockwise direction for one minute.
- Stretching: This is the most common and also one of the easiest to do. It requires you to just look up, hold for two seconds, look down, hold for two seconds and then repeat this procedure for each corner of your eye, which means top-left, top-right, bottom-left and bottom-right corners.
I sit all the time in front of computer in office and in front of mobile in home some time I feel dryness and pain in my eyes Which eye I should you to relax or refresh my eyes.
I'm a 57 yr. Olld lady. I have been diagnosed with cataract (early stage) in my left eye, is it advisable to get the cataract operated at this ealy stage/shoild I wait till the cataract matures?(please Note I am suffering from an auto immune disease of the same left eye and undergoing treatment with eye drop viz. Flosoft)
I get headaches so often since 2 years. Doctors said its migraine. I still had some doubt cos my headache gets severe only when i spend more time on laptops and mobile. Is it related to eye strain or is it migraine ?
The delicate skin around the eyes tend to become thinner due to over exposure to sun and heat
Keep the eye hydrated by using a light under eye cream
Or eye cream will aid in cooling down eyes.