Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SwastiYour feedback matters!
Hello, I have low hemoglobin and rbc cell is also low, I am worried that I am getting weak day by day. Even I don't have my periods last month. Is there any natural way to get rid of it. Although I am taking levipil 500 mg twice a day and venlite OD 100 mg once at dinner. How long I have to take this medicine? please help.
Muje pcod prblm h thyroid bi h .iske chlte pregnancy me problem aari h. Agr in dino problem k sath meri tube block hone k chance h kya. Or hai to uska pta kese chalega.
Hi doc, I am having pcods. My last period was on 30th Jan. 2 days before I had prolactin test and it was 8.54 my doc suggested me to wait for 15 days and take pregnancy test. Are there any chances of me getting pregnant I am so excited please help me.
Hello, my wife is pregnant 4 months, we just did her blood test and report showing as thyroid. What precaution has to be taken kindly suggest.
Hello Doctor, I recently got married, from that time, on wards I am not feeling healthy frequently suffering from fever. I got herpes infections and urine infection. I really do not know what is wrong with me? before marriage, I didn't suffer from fever these many times and I didn't get one infection also. Could you please help me how can I take precautions. My blood group is A and my husband blood group is B .Please tell is there problem with any blood group.
I am 29 year old female and I have period problem from 6 month my period stay. Only 2 days is that normal or not.
What is hymnoplasty? Where it is done in secunderabad? Do this process is the only way to reconstruct virginity? Do this has any side effects. How much it costs.
- Sugarcane juice has all the required vitamins and minerals that provide precious health benefits for the person suffering from various diseases.
- Drinking sugarcane juice instead of artificial and aerated drinks helps to improve the health of a person.
- The juice of Sugarcane helps in treating the burning sensation while passing urine, prostatitis, kidney stones, STD (sexually transmitted disease), and urinary tract infections
- Sugarcane juice reduces the bad cholesterol level in the body and has natural sugar. It helps in eliminating toxins from the body by cleansing, improving metabolism and detoxifying the body. This aids in gradual weight loss especially if taken regularly with lime juice or coconut water.
- It is found to be beneficial for pregnant women because of its contents of iron and folates. These contents enhance the hemoglobin level in pregnant women. It also prevents the unborn baby from variety of birth defects.
- The antioxidant property of sugar cane juice makes the skin soft, fair, supple and healthy. It also helps in delaying the signs of aging on the skin.
- Sugarcane contains natural sugar which has low glycemic index that prevents steep rise in blood glucose levels and so can be taken as a substitute of aerated drinks by diabetics. However people with Type-2 diabetes should consume it in moderation after consulting the doctor.
- Studies show that sugarcane is effective in fighting against cancer especially breast and prostate cancer.
- Sugarcane juice boosts protein levels in the body which is helpful in maintaining the health of the kidney.
- The antioxidants in sugar cane juice help in fighting against infections and boosting the immune system of the body. It also protects liver the liver against infections and helps in keeping the bilirubin levels in control.
- It is helpful in preventing stomach infection and is considered a good digestive aid due to the presence of potassium. It is also useful in treating constipation.
- Studies show that sugarcane juice helps in protecting tooth decay and bad breath because of its high mineral content.
I have an unprotected sex but we both are not sure that he ejaculated inside my vagina but I was not getting periods and now I got but it's very dark in colour not the normal ones and its not bleeding heavily. I am confused. Please tell me.
Are painkillers like brufen, harmful during periods? I heard that one should not take painkillers to remove pain during periods, along with that one should not bath also in the starting 3 days of periods.
Breast cancer is devastating for any woman more so if she is in the prime age.
The usual process suspicion followed by an examination, investigation, confirmation and then treatment depending on the stage of the disease and follow-up.
On confirmation of breast cancer, either the lady undergoes partial mastectomy, nipple sparing mastectomy, total mastectomy or radical mastectomy. This is followed up by Chemotherapy, radiation therapy or both for a period of time which is thought to be the end of treatment.
This leaves the patient traumatized with the loss of an important part of her body with the ill effects of radiation which also leads to severe burning sensation and pain in the area of radiation.
Breast Reconstruction plays an important role in completing the treatment and making the woman a woman again physically and psychologically.
There are various methods of reconstruction by way of transferring tissue from different parts of the body in stages and at the same time resizing the opposite breast to achieve symmetry.
Fat transfer technique is an advanced method of treatment which not only helps rebuild the lost structure but also improves the blood circulation to the affected part, reverses the ill effects of radiation and it also improves the surgical scar while not adding to more scars in the body. This is accompanied with improving body contour from where the excess unwanted body fat is removed which is transferred to the creation of the new breast.
Homeopathy is a holistic and a natural approach towards quick healing of an ailing individual. An estimate suggests that about 30% of the Indian population relies solely on the homeopathic treatment for their medical complications. People have witnessed incredible results with Homeopathy. The best part of Homeopathy is that there are no side effects associated with it, making it a much safer form of treatment. The fact that Homeopathy is both cost efficient and holistic or permanent in its cure, is one of the key benefits of this treatment.
Let us discuss some of the benefits of Homeopathy in detail:
- No side-effects: Homeopathic medicines are very safe to consume as they are formulated using natural ingredients. Homeopathic pills are known to boost our immune systems and do not hamper digestion process. They do not cause allergies and suits almost everyone including children, adults and even pregnant and senior patients. National medicine agencies assure the safety and quality of homeopathy medicines as per the requirements of European Union Legislation and European Pharmacopoeia standards. Furthermore, homeopathy medication is completely free from chemicals and synthetic materials.
- Effective and Permanent cure: Acute or Chronic - homeopathy works like a miracle in both the cases. It treats a disease from its root and thus follows a more holistic or permanent approach to healing a person with least chances of reoccurrence of the disease. Most effective for allergic disorders and seasonal illnesses, homeopathy works wonders for bacterial or viral infections.
- Inexpensive and cost effective: When compared to conventional drugs, these medicines are much less expensive. Homeopathy medicines are also sustainable as they can be stored for prolonged periods and reused, if required.
- Long term gain: Studies have shown that homeopathic treatment ensures long term relief, eventually leading to complete cure. It is best known to boost our immune systems and strengthen the body's defense mechanisms alongside curing our diseases. There are least chances of reoccurrence of the disease, with this medication.
- Gentle way of treatment and easy to administer: One of the vital reasons behind prescribing homeopathic medicine over conventional drugs is its gentle nature. The doses are in the form of sweet globules and thus are consumable by people of all age groups. Those who do not want to consume the sweetened globules have provision for liquids, powders or dissolvable tablets. The best part is that there are no injections! It boasts of non-invasive therapy and avoids surgery. It can be very well incorporated along with other therapies and medication.
Further, the medications of homeopathy are non-addictive in nature unlike some of the chemical antibiotics. Studies have shown that with appropriate medical treatment, homeopathy can reverse even the most chronic disorders with its gentle approach. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.
Hi, I want to confirm on 11 th and 14 th day we had do sex. 14 th egg is released।.is there is chance of pregnancy?
Hi doctors .frezzed sperm can increase sperm count while iui treatment .bz I tried 3 iui no success rate. Without ivf treatment there s any other changes to get pregnant.
My first baby age is 1 year 3 months. Can we plan for another baby now? Note-first baby was through operation Thanks.
Prevention of unplanned pregnancies will go a long way in improving the reproductive health of women in India. A woman faced with the prospect of an unplanned and unwanted pregnancy can, in many cases, avoid the pregnancy by using Emergency Contraception. Emergency contraceptives act as interceptive agents i.e. ovulation, fertilization or implantation` is prevented depending on the phase of menstrual cycle.
Remember, these pills are not intended as regular forms of contraception. If you are looking for a regular contraceptive, there are many options available to you. Ask your doctor to help you find one, which works best for you.
Emergency Contraceptive Pill?
Emergency contraceptive pill is a pill used by a woman after having an unprotected intercourse (sex), to prevent her from getting pregnant. It is sometimes called "the morning after pill," "the day after pill," or "morning after contraception or postcoital pill. the term ”morning after pill” is misleading; ECPs may be initiated sooner than the morning after—immediately after unprotected intercourse—or later—for at least 72 hours after unprotected intercourse. ECPs are considered 96-98% effective in preventing pregnancy.
The word “Emergency” is important to note. If you are sexually active or planning to be, don't use emergency contraception as your only protection against pregnancy. Also, emergency contraception does not protect against sexually transmitted infections, like HIV .
When to take #ECP?
Emergency contraception offers women a last chance to prevent pregnancy after unprotected intercourse. If you are not using any other contraceptive methods and you have had intercourse. The condom broke down or came off during the act. If you have missed at-least 2 or 3 of your regular birth control pills, or if you were forced to have sex.
Side effects of emergency contraception:
Side effects include nausea and vomiting, abdominal pain, breast tenderness, headache, dizziness, and fatigue. These usually do not occur for more than a few days after treatment, and they generally resolve within 24 hours. There are not much evidence of long term side effects of these medicines but there are some studies or beliefs that these pills have long term effects on the women’s body like irregular menses, mastalgia and infertility.
Effects on Pregnancy:
There have been no conclusive studies of births to women who were already pregnant when they took ECPs or following failure of ECPs
Whether to consult a doctor before taking ECP?
Not really! However if you suffer from high blood pressure, diabetes, previous tubal pregnancy, it's a good idea to discuss it with your doctor when going for a health check.
When to contact a doctor after taking the ECP?
If you experience the following symptoms:
• Severe abdominal pain.
• Chest pain or shortness of breath.
• Severe headache.
• Eye problems like blurring of vision.
• Severe leg or arm pain.
How long effect of ECP last?
The use of ECP is only for 1-2 acts of unprotected sex and that too within 72 hours, if you happen to have sex after 72 hours you should be looking for alternative and regular form of contraception.
When to expect periods after taking ECP?
Your next period may come sooner or later than expected, however most women get their period within 7 days of expected date. Your period may also be heavier or lighter than normal. If you do not get your period within 21 days or if you think you could be pregnant, get a pregnancy test done.
Does Weight Affect Emergency Contraception effectiveness?
Yes,if you have a body mass index (BMI) that's higher than 25, it's less effective. If you have a body mass index (BMI) that's higher than 30, it may not work at all.
Dr. Jyotsna Gupta
#gynecologist #pregnancy #emergencycontraceptive #drjyotsnagupta #ECP #gynaecologist