Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Susir MehtaYour feedback matters!
I am getting black spots In my face and I had many medicines, but it doesn't work. So can you suggest any medicine to me.
How to stop oil coming on face yoc can suggest me any home remedies or any facewash and currently I am using acnofight.
I have dark spots like frankel from long time. And I am the student. I already take so many treatments but after stop the medicine further I face this problem, I am fair colour and my skin is so soft and not want lose fair colour. Please help me for permanent remove of spots. Thank you.
Sir/Madam. I having over pigmentation problem. Skin was looks dull. And then tired. Actually I'm black in colour. Refers skin soap. And then ointments. How to reduce melanin secretion?
For the past three days I've been suffering from severe pain in my right breast. I consulted a gynec and she checked and told me to go for ultrasound breast, meanwhile she gave me taxim 200 10tabs and told me to take them twice daily. I got the ultrasound done. The doctor who did the ultrasound told me that there are no lumps. I feel extreme pain. And I can feel some nodes that cause real pain. Can't even touch that swollen nodes part. Can anyone pls help me out. The reason and everything about this.
Hello doctor, I had fair skin but my skin is going dull day by day ,I used alot of home remedies, so many products I have used but nothing can be work for me ,what can I do.
Hi My uncle is 48 years old and have diabetes, his thighs have some big dark spots and sometimes sugar level goes too high what should he do to control sugar level especially related to food items what he eat?
How to grow beard fast I got light light under the mouth I want to grow more bread from ears to chin so please give me good answers to increase bread.
After a cold winter, the first few weeks of summer are welcomed by everyone, but as the days get hotter, the sun gets harsher and sunburns become commonplace. Sunburns are caused by exposure to harmful ultraviolet radiation from the sun. The symptoms of this condition may not appear immediately and can take up to 5 hours to be noticeable. If not treated in time, it can cause the skin to blister and peel off. A few home remedies that could help treat this condition are:
- Aloe Vera: The Aloe Vera plant is easy to grow in containers or in the ground and has a number of medicinal benefits. Aloe Vera gel is known for its anti-inflammatory properties that can help soothe sunburns and ease the pain associated with it. This gel can be extracted from an Aloe Vera leaf and applied on your skin as is or you could buy Aloe Vera gel from a store.
- Baking Soda: The alkaline nature of baking soda makes it very soothing to the sunburnt skin. Baking soda also has antiseptic properties that help relieve itchiness caused by sunburn. To benefit from this you could apply a baking soda and water paste to the affected area and leave for ten minutes before washing off or add a cup of baking soda to your bath water and soak in it for about 15 minutes.
- Black Tea: Black tea is rich in antioxidants and has tannins that protect the skin from damage caused by UV radiation. This can also help reduce inflammation and restore the pH balance of your skin. To use this, steep a few tea bags in a pot of water and dip a cloth in the brew. Dab the tea onto the affected area of your skin and let it dry. You can repeat this 3-4 times without washing it off.
- Coconut Oil: Coconut oil can be used to treat a number of skin conditions including sunburn. It is rich in fatty acids that nourish and moisturise the skin thereby reducing redness. The vitamin E in coconut oil also works as an antioxidant to reduce inflammation. The best way to sue coconut oil to treat sunburn is to massage warm coconut oil into the affected area three times a day for a few days. Since it is very light, it is quickly absorbed by the skin and will not leave you with an oily sensation.
- Honey: Honey has natural properties that help prevent infections in case of sunburn and reduces inflammation. One of the enzymes in honey also helps repair the damage caused to the skin. To benefit from honey, eat a tablespoon of honey in a glass of lukewarm water thrice a day and apply a thin layer of honey over the affected area and let it dry.
I'm 20 years old boy and had an accident around 20 days past but my scars are not getting off so my question is how do I remove it off.
What is the benefits of baking soda on face? How can I use it? How many times are use in week? What time can I use, evening or night or morning? Or any loss of face if I try baking soda on face.
Injury, lingering infirmity deprives the body of the nutrients which are necessary for healthy skin, inflammatory diseases, several hours of heat and sun exposure or contact with sun can all cause discolored skin. If Melanin (whichever of the diverse black, dark brown, auburn, or yellow color of living things as skin color or hair color and eye color) is produced in abundance due to some physiological imbalances, it can result in that area of the body to get darker than the rest.
On the other hand, if there is a decrease in Melanin production then you could get lighter skin patches known as Vitiligo . While most pigmentation anomaly entails patches of skin, others affect the entire body. Depending on the two different conditions the terms hyper-pigmentation (excessive) and hypo-pigmentation (moderate) have been coined. Most women face problems of hyper-pigmentation during pregnancy and after child birth due to over secretion of hormones. 'Mask of pregnancy' is a new age term given to this condition in pregnant women. Most cases are reversible; some might last an entire lifetime, if medical attention is not available at the right time. Hypo-pigmentation should not be mistaken with Albinism, which is a genetic condition.
Albinism is characterized by almost no secretion of melanin. Staying out for very long hours in the sun may cause sunburns, when the skin turns brown or red according to one’s color, once this condition heals (after most of the burnt or dead skin peels off), the tanned portions may remain. Fungal contamination such as ringworm may set off stained skin patches. A compromised immune system can result in discolored skin as well. A frequent allergy that causes skin to get discolored is eczema. Birthmarks are also a kind of discolored skin.
It is wise for you to visit a dermatologist when you start noticing a sudden change in your skin color for no apparent reason, a patch that does not get relieved by OTC medicines or experience a burning or itching sensation on the skin etc. A dermatologist after evaluating your skin and putting you through a couple of basic questions would recommend ointments and oral medicines. He/she may also ask for blood tests to get done. Treatment would solely depend on the primary cause.
Treatment and prevention
- In general, most skin discoloration issues can be dealt with the help of creams containing glycolic acid, hydroquinone, lactic acid and retinoid. These are easily available in the market.
- But care must be taken to not expose yourself to the harmful UV rays of the sun. A sunscreen with the correct SPF count is a must before you venture outdoors. Remember that one should not skip the sunscreen even during the winters.
- Laser therapy and chemical peels will only be considered once topical treatment fails.
- Your diet should include plenty of vegetables and fruits; consume plenty of fluids to flush out toxins. Regular exercising promotes better blood circulation that helps prevent such issues concerning discoloration.
Supplements of Vitamins A, C and E are also prescribed in combination with Vitamin B to improve the overall skin condition. Simple home remedies including lime juice, milk, curd and honey applied on the affected spots with homemade scrubs can help remedy the issue. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.