Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Susir MehtaYour feedback matters!
I'm 20 years old male, my face is some what of dark. I wanna look like brighter what should I so to get fair skin.
I can feel one small ball or flesh-like small swelling inside my wife's left breast, she is 26 yrs. Old. We have 1 yr. 3 months baby boy, who is not ready to withdraw feeding, all reports are normal too, what should be done in this case? Though there is no pain or itching effect. Local doctor said, no issue.
I am a 26 years old men. I have dark circle under my eye and I am very much frustrated bout this. What do I do?
Am am male 23 years. How should I clear my face in black marks, dots, please suggest. I should clear my face without single small mark on my face.
I have small tiny white dots on my upper lips. Which appear sometimes n eventually get less M scared are they harmful And what treatment I should take to get rid of those dots on my lips Thank you.
Hello I am 26 year old female and not yet married. From 2 days I feel lump or some hardness in right breast area. Is it a breast cancer? it is possible for unmarried girl if yes so what should I do? please reply as soon as possible.
Hi, Pigmentation has started on my nose and brown spots are visible around my area. Could you please assist me how can I get ride of this both. I consulted 2 to 3 dermatologists and used their suggested products but there is no result. Kindly guide me how to remove that quickly.
Dry skin is a condition caused by the lack of moisture in skin. Fine lines and wrinkles are just some of the conditions, which may be caused due to dry skin. Dry skin can also be very uncomfortable. The condition is mostly caused by environmental factors such as exposure to harsh weather conditions or getting soaked in hot water.
People at risk:
- Age: People who are older than 40 years of age tend to be more at risk of dry skin than people who are younger than 40 years.
- Climate: As mentioned earlier, weather conditions play a pivotal role in causing dry skin. Therefore, people who live in areas where the climate is either very hot or very cold tend to get dry skin more often than people who live in temperate climates. Low humidity is another factor which causes dry skin.
- Profession: Some professions, such as nursing or hairstyling requires frequent usage of hot water all through the day, which can also lead to dry skin.
- Swimming: Swimming is one of the major causes of dry skin. This is especially true in pools, which have chlorine. This is because chlorine increases the itchiness on your skin.
- Lifestyle changes: Usually, lifestyle changes such as avoiding long, hot showers and putting moisturizers are good enough to make sure that dry skin goes away.
- Lactic acid: Creams with lactic acid and urea can be prescribed by your doctor, if the dryness of your skin does not go away with moisturizers. These creams are usually over-the-counter medications.
- Prescription creams: Prescription creams are given, only when conditions such as dermatitis, psoriasis or ichthyosis are present.
- Wet dressing: Wet dressing is given only when dermatitis has set in, as it mostly help in preventing the infection.
- Oiling: Oiling your body, especially with fish or flaxseed oil, ensures that your body does not succumb to dry skin.
- Hand sanitizer: Normal hand sanitizers tend to make your hands dry. Thus, dermatologists recommend hydrating hand sanitizers that allow your hands to maintain their moisture. Therefore, whenever you are using a hand sanitizer, use a hydrating one.
Related Tip: "4 Really Simple Ways To Prevent Premature Skin Aging"
I have dark circles under my eyes. For 3 years. May I know how to get rid of this. And also I am getting small folds under the eyes. May I know what was the reason. And how can I overcome this.
Sir I am not able to pass my stool due to rectal ulcer and I am taking 25 glass of water and there is no pressure.
Sir I have rash on my face recently it have come even by applying ointment it is not curing how to reduce that plzzz sugest me best answer due to that my face appearing ugly.
Hi I have pimples on my face past 5 years on words but pimples are not much now. But due to pimples I have holes and marks are there. Please, suggest for this how get rid this holes and marks on my face.
I have black spots on my face. Since, 2 years I was waiting for removal of those so please kindly give me a suggestion plz.
I have black spots everywhere on my body. I use to scratch my body and then later I get these spots. Can you please suggest me a perfect remedy for this?
Hello doctor, I'm 23 and suffering with pigmentation, can you please suggest me what should I do, so that I can get rid off dis!
I have open TB and taking medicines, people say that after curing also some marks will be der in Xray, since it may effect for medical check up for Gulf. How can we cure that marks?
My face is getting quite dull and black day by day please give me any suggestions regarding to it and my hands too getting black is their any solution?
Approximately 60% of the human body consists of water. It is one of the most important components that help in the process of digestion, blood circulation, mineral absorption and even excretion, ensuring smooth functioning of your system. A mere drop in the water content of your body can lead to dehydration, which can affect your body in more than one ways. Dehydration can also take a toll on your skin leaving it dry and lifeless. In order to ensure the health of your skin, it is highly recommended to keep your system hydrated.
How drinking water affects the skin?
- Keeps skin soft: Skin is made up of 3 layers namely, epidermis, dermis and subcutaneous tissue. When the water content of the outermost layer of the epidermis is insufficient, your skin tends to lose elasticity and feel rough. Intake of adequate water hydrates the skin cells and makes them function properly, making your skin soft and supple.
- Moisturizes dry skin and lessens the appearance of wrinkles: Insufficient intake of water makes your skin appear dry and flaky; such a skin is more prone to wrinkling. When you drink sufficient water your skin cells hydrate from within. Hydrated skin is resilient in nature and therefore, it has less chance of suffering from premature wrinkling.
- Improves skin tone: Water is known for its abilities to flush out toxins from your system and for maintaining the proper functioning of your kidneys. Sufficient intake of water ensures that harmful toxins and impurities are regularly flushed out of your system, thereby, adding a healthy glow to your skin.
- Makes your skin appear younger: It is advised to drink minimum 8 glasses of water a day to keep your body hydrated. The condition of your health can be analyzed from the condition of your skin, as a body that is hydrated well, makes your skin appear healthy too.
- Get rid of dark circles: The problem of dark circles arise over the years due to the damage of the capillaries under the eyes. The skin around the eyes is thinner than facial skin, which hinders the smooth flow of fluid through them. Plenty intake of water on a regular basis can reduce the appearance of dark circles dramatically, making your skin appear healthy.
Many India household grow Tulsi or Basil Plant as traditional practice.
Apart from being worshipped, it’s also used in a variety of cures.
How to use:
Skin Diseases: Tulsi leaf juice taken internally and applied externally
Cold & stomach upset: Leaf paste with milk
Guard against Malaria: A decoction of 15-20 leaves taken along with pepper powder
Fever & Chest Pain: Twenty leaves crushed and mixed in 2 cup water, boiled to 1 cup; add to this 15 gm mishri and two teaspoon honey. Take two table spoons 4 times a day
Headache: Mix 10-15 leaves with four cloves and a little dry ginger, Grind and apply on forehead.
Longevity, rejuvenation: 7 Leaves eaten along with water every morning on an empty stomach continuously for 108 Days
The Plucking Ritual
The Indian civilization believes, as scientists have proved, that plant also has a sense of feel.
While plucking flowers or leaves, violence should be avoided. One should only pluck the required amount of leaves. No leaves are to be plucked after sunset and its best to water a plant before doing so.