Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sushma Rani Singh
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sushma Rani SinghYour feedback matters!
My mother in law is detected with lump on her left breast in mammogram and advised biopsy but the doctor is saying that if biopsy is done it needs to be operated within 48 hrs as it will disturb the tumor and the infection may spread. But I have doubt on what the doctor says. Pls advice.
Hello Mam, My wife is 1 and half month pregnant and she didn't feel hungry and whenever she eats her stomach gets full with a little food and she feels like her stomach is completely full. She also feels a Different kind of odour in everything. Sometimes she got fever and headache. Is all these things are normal in pregnancy. Please help? What extra care we have to take care of because she had a miscarriage twice.
We all have heard our grandparents telling us, that drinking water stored in a copper vessel is beneficial to our health. So much so that some people have glasses and jugs made of copper that they use exclusively to store and drink water. So, do you think this belief really has any scientific logic?
According to ayurveda, water stored in a copper vessel has the ability to balance all the three doshas in your body, (vata, kapha and pitta) and it does so by positively charging the water. The water stored in a copper vessel is known as ‘tamara jal’ and is supposed to be consumed after storing the water in a copper vessel for at least eight hours.
When water is stored in a copper vessel, the copper gently leaches into the water and lends it all its positive properties. The best part about this water is that it never becomes stale and can be stored this way for long periods of time.
- Try drinking water stored in a copper vessel regularly. Apart from fine tuning our digestive system to perform better, copper also helps our body break down fat and eliminate it more efficiently, thereby, helping our body keep only what it will use and throw out the rest, hence helping in weight loss.
- Copper has properties that stimulate peristalsis (the rhythmic contraction and relaxation of the stomach that helps food get digested and move along the digestive tract), kill harmful bacteria and reduce inflammation within the stomach, making it a great remedy for ulcers, indigestion and infections.
- Copper strengthens our immune system and aid in the production of new cells. Copper is also known to help wounds within the body, especially the stomach.
- Copper has been found to help regulate blood pressure, heart rate and lowers one’s cholesterol and triglyceride levels. It also helps prevent the accumulation of plaque and has the documented effect of dilating blood vessels to allow better flow of blood to the heart.
- Copper is known to be oligodynamic in nature (the sterilizing effect of metals on bacteria), and can destroy bacteria very effectively. It is especially effective against e. Coli and s. Aureus, two bacteria that are commonly found in our environment and known to cause severe illnesses in the human body. Copper is known to help prevent common water-borne diseases like diarrhoea, dysentery and jaundice.
- Copper has very potent anti-inflammatory properties. This asset is especially great to relieve aches and pains caused due to inflamed joints – like in the case of arthritis and rheumatoid arthritis. Apart from that, copper also has bone and immune system strengthening properties, making it the perfect remedy for arthritis and rheumatoid arthritis. This is why drinking water infused with copper is a great option for relief from aches and pains of these diseases.
- Right from cell formation to aiding in the absorption of iron, copper is an essential mineral for the functioning of your body. This is one of the reasons that it also helps in keeping anemia at bay. An essential component in the entire process of absorbing and using iron present in the body, copper helps keep the levels of haeme (iron) up and regulates its flow in your blood vessels.
- Copper is the main component in the production of melanin (a pigment that mitigates the color of your eyes, hair and skin) in our bodies. Apart from that copper also aids in the production of new cells that help replenish the top most layers of our skin. While melanin helps the body stay safe from sun damage, speeds up wound healing and covers up scars, the production of new cells is a boon for smooth, blemish-free and clear skin.
- While buying copper utensil, one very easy way to distinguish between pure copper and an adulterated version is to know that copper is a very soft metal and pure copper is difficult to mould into intricate shapes. So if the design of your copper vessel is very intricate, it is most probably not made with pure copper.
To wash copper utensil from inside, do not use a coarse scrub as it will tend to scrape away copper from the vessel. Instead, use one half of a lemon (you can squeeze out the juice) and rub it on the inside of the vessel. Allow it to stand for a few minutes and then wash off with plain water. Alternatively you could also try using baking soda with water. Use this mixture to coat the inside of the vessel and allow it to stand for a few minutes and rinse away the excess baking soda.
Drinking water twice or thrice in a day from a copper vessel is more than enough to reap its benefits.