Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sushma Rani
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sushma RaniYour feedback matters!
My wife's period comes earlier by 5-10 days every month and the periods are too much painful, also there is some white fluids in the rest of the periods time. Kindly suggest.
Hello Dr. I am 24 years old my periods irregular before 3-4 yrs, I consult with my Dr. And I use ginnet35 before 3-4 yrs. But the last years feb2015 to this time I use again ginnet35 without consult Dr. So I want ask u, this years my marry, so please tell me isse in future pregnancy me koi problem to ni hogi, agr esa hai to please tell me clear and sugest me what I do.
Hello Doctor I am 31 year male. One year back I have tested TSH level and it was 8.9. And doctor prescribed me to take thyronorm 12.5 once daily. Recently from last 3 months I am getting skin rashes (red color with bumps and itching) and the frequency is increasing. Daily from last 3 months almost I am taking Cetzine and then only I getting some relief. So I thought may be my Tsh level increased and that is why I have done TSH test, and it turned up normal. So now doctor can you please help me out like why this is happening. I don't have any food allergy till date and not having anything new also recently.
Hi iam 25 years old unmarried I have pcos. My doctor advised me to use naturogest 200 mg from 20th day of my period to 25 th day and to continue the process for three months (every month 5 naturogest 200 mg tablets for 3 months. I heard that it increases weight and also gives side effects. Already I had put on my weight due to pcos. At present iam using myonext and got this month period previously I use to find spotting in my period and irregular periods. Is myonext alone sufficient to get regular periods. As you mentioned in your previous answer to use contraceptive pill from 3rd cycle I did not understand this. Why should I use this pill i am an unmarried girl.
Hello sir/madam. I am sudha age 26 years. I am participated sex from last 3 months. I have one child age 6 years. I have a knob to prevent pregnancy. I am participated in sex. Before 2 months every month I got periods. From last month I didn't have periods. What is the problem? I have checked pregnancy test last 2 weeks back it gives negative. W hat is the problem for periods. My personality is slim. Give me suggestions. Thank you.
I had sex but unknowingly condom broke out so I toke ipill to avoid any problem but after I had sex but it was protected but there was no sign of ipill bleeding. Today its my 20th after ipill got little bleeding now I am feeling nausea n vomit type feeling what to do? Am I pregnant? please help me out.
Hello sir. I delivered a baby on. April. 9th In c section operation Just want to know from when I can have intercourse with my husband using protection.
I am 21 years old female, My partner is 26 years old, I am suffering from timing problem for all night my husband time is below one minute but my satisfaction time is minimum three minute, please help me which medicine i should start or how to increase my partner time or how to decrease my time please help me I need good suggestion.
I have Pcod but conceived naturally got an ultrasound done which showed 11. 2 mm crl but no cardiac activity didn’t had any kind of bleeding and spotting with breast soreness and nausea am in progesterone suppositories with duphaston. Afraid of miscarriage.
Menopause is characterized as the absence of menstrual periods for 12 months. It is the time in a woman’s life when the ovaries stop functioning. The periods then stop forever. The normal period of menopause is 51 years of age, however, menopause may happen as ahead of schedule i.e. as early as 30s or as late as the 60s.
There is a period of 12-24 months which is discribed as perimenopausal stage during which there is waxing and wanning of ovarian hormones. Ovarian hormones level can guide that whether a lady has attained menopause or not. Acceptance, and yoga, physical exercises will help to sail comfortably through menopause. This is what one call as "Gracefully Ageing"
There is no solid lab test to determine when a lady will encounter menopause. Here are a few ways in which menopause affects a woman’s body:
- Skin: Consequences of menopause include dryness, loss of flexibility, thinning of the skin and expanded wrinkling. These symptoms result in poor recovery from injuries, hair loss and pigmentary changes. Unwanted hair growth and acne may likewise happen. Wrinkling is caused by excessive smoking and sun exposure. One should stay away from smoking and sun exposure.
- Hair: Hormonal changes incorporate hirsutism (undesirable facial hair) or alopecia. Most ordinarily noted is the loss of scalp hair. Lower leg, pubic and axillary hair loss may also take place. Hirsutism is commonly noted on the face. Oral Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) may control facial hair in a few ladies. Medicines for expanded facial hair incorporate suing depilatory creams, delicate techniques for hair removal, laser treatment andante-testosterone medicines. Scalp alopecia might be treated with minoxidil.
- Teeth: Menopause has been a cause for various dental/oral issues, including dry mouth and desquamative gingivitis. IHRT might be of advantage as a consequence of the part it plays in influencing oral bone and preventing the loss of teeth. The impacts of HRT seem to incorporate a reduction in bleeding and enhancing the flow of saliva.
- Vulva and vagina: The genital tract is exceptionally dependent on estrogen and body changes during the menopausal time and post-menopause may incorporate vaginal and vulvar dryness. Vulval dryness may worsen other vulval skin conditions (e.g. dermatitis) bringing about aggravation. Staying away from cleansers and body washes on the vulva can dial down the aggravation and dryness. Contrasting options to cleanser incorporate sorbolene with glycerine or low-aggravation purifying balms and lotions.
- Bladder: Urinary frequency and cystitis are very common around the time of menopause. Local estrogen creams may enhance incontinence in the short term, however, don't seem to do as such after treatment is stopped. Treatment for incontinence includes physiotherapy and even surgery.
- Joints and muscles: Joint and muscle pain are regular symptoms during menopause. Exercise is vital to get rid of these side effects. Joint and muscle pain may improve with the utilization of HRT.
- Weight changes: Between ages 45 and 55, ladies will gain a large portion of a kilo a year. This weight gain cannot be blamed on menopause entirely. The changes in hormonal status are connected with expanded body and stomach fat. This weight addition is connected with increased cardiovascular and metabolic hazard and changes in quality of life and sexual functioning.
- Lifestyle measures: Your diet and eating routine need to be established to keep up a solid body weight and to have a healthy lifestyle.
I am 19 years old girl I had protected sex on 18th of November and took ipill on the same day. Later I got my periods on 28th of the same month later I missed my periods in December and got on 21st of Jan. The flow was less than normal flow. On 2nd of Feb I got brown colour discharge till 4th Feb I feel till weak and I get cramps in my stomach and in breasts. After that we never had sex he just put his fingers in my thing we made sure that he did not touch his thing before mine. What would be the reason behind the brown discharge? Does this means I am pregnant?
I am 37 year old woman, of late, there are some small dark spots on my face and big dark spots on legs. Please let me know the reason.
Aging is a natural process determined by genetic and environmental factors, such as the effect of UV radiation, smoking, unbalanced diet, lack of sleep, etc. It represents a set of physical, psychological and social changes that occur in the human body over time.
People have intervened in the process, trying to look as young as possible. This need has created a special branch of medicine, called cosmetic dermatology, which involves the application of therapies to enhance a person’s image by offering them a younger look. Smoothing out laughter lines and wrinkles caused naturally by ageing or sun exposure, has never been quicker or easier.
Injectable anti ageing treatments are a quick and convenient way to smooth out those lines on the forehead and around the eyes and mouth without any need for surgery. So, here we have come up with a list of 5 super-effective anti-aging treatments:
- Botox Injections- A highly purified protein when injected into a specific area of skin by skin specialist, it makes the muscles relax so not to be able to create muscular movement and wrinkles. The effect may take up to 3-5 days for the maximum effect to be apparent where the area becomes smooth and relaxed and wrinkle free. Botox removes and smooths out areas where you have wrinkles to create a fresh and youthful look. The effects of smoothing the muscle do not allow the wrinkle to form as deeply as it would with constant muscle movement so more people are having it to reduce wrinkles forming as well as smoothing out existing ones.
- Fillers- Fillers are popular treatments used for softening wrinkles, laughter lines, facial lines and wrinkles caused naturally by ageing or sun exposure. Combined with a local anaesthetic, dermal fillers are injected into the skin to give your face a natural volume, leaving your skin completely hydrated and youthful. Popular areas to add volume and fullness to include the lips, cheeks and bridge of the nose. For smoothing and plumping lines and wrinkles, popular treatment areas include around the forehead, eyes, mouth, chin, neck, décolletage and hands.
- Thread lift- The purpose of PDO threads is to lift the skin. They are ideal for treating sagging skin on neck, face contour, and cheeks. They may also be used on the body for thigh lifting and buttocks lifting and to tighten the skin on the abdomen and arms. Without a doubt, PDO threads are one of the top anti-aging treatments.
- RF Skin Tightening- This procedure, which is relatively new, is a non-surgical option for people who want to treat wrinkles, sagging, and other signs of aging. Radio frequency skin tightening is performed by dermatologists and skin care clinics, and uses radio frequency (RF) energy on the skin of the face, heating up the various skin layers to stimulate collagen production, which smoothes and lifts the skin’s surface. This procedure requires no incisions to be made in the skin and has a low instance of side effects. Radio frequency skin tightening is a viable procedure for many people whose skin has not reacted favorably to laser or thermal treatments in the past.
- HIFU Face and Neck Lift- High-Intensity Focused Ultrasound also known as ‘3D SkinMed’, ‘Ultrasound Facelift’ or ‘Ultherapy’ has become one of the most sought after lifting treatments for face and neck. 3D SkinMed is a one-off treatment which will help you achieve tighter, firmer, lifted skin! The key advantages of this treatment are:
- Stimulates natural collagen production
- No cuts to the skin
- No recovery time
- Noticeable results
Apart from good diet and exercise, cosmetic treatments can do wonders.
Dear Doctor I am Carrying with 8th month pregnancy and in 7th month I done with scanning. In Scanning EDD is 06/03/2017. Now I have query that delivery will going to happen in What EDD date was given? And I am working lady still how many days I can continue working. Can I work till FEB mid days. Please let me know the details. I am so thankful if I got answer.
Garlic has long been known as the health booster extraordinaire. But why? the answer lies in the compounds it packs in. Garlic contains several vital nutrients including vitamins, amino acids, and enzymes. It gets its characteristic sulphur smell from the amino acid allicin, and this is responsible for most of its health benefits. Read on to learn more about the health benefits of garlic.
An excellent anti-oxidant: Research shows conclusively that eating garlic boosts your natural supply of hydrogen sulfide. This gas acts as an antioxidant and helps relax blood vessels and increase blood flow through them, thus promoting cardiovascular health. Higher hydrogen sulphide levels also protect the heart, thereby preventing damage to heart muscle.
Lowers cholesterol levels: Studies have proved that garlic reduces cholesterol levels, especially ldl and triglycerides by almost 9 to 12 percent. Rich in antibacterial and anti-fungal properties: garlic is a natural antibiotic and can eliminate harmful bacteria while preserving good bacteria. Its allicin content is responsible for its anti-fungal properties.
Blood thinner: Garlic thins the blood and is an excellent bulwark against heart disease, blood clots, heart attacks and stroke.
Immune booster: Garlic has strong antiviral properties too. It’s very effective against colds. You can reduce the length and frequency of colds by consuming garlic.
Lowers atherosclerosis risk: As garlic acts as a blood thinner, it prevents blood clots and destroys plaque, which contribute to the development of atherosclerosis.
Lowers blood pressure: Garlic is used as a remedy for hypertension all over the world, especially in china and japan. Lowers risk of cancer: certain cancers can be prevented by eating raw garlic. These include cancers of the stomach, colon, oesophagus, pancreas, and breasts.
Now let’s look at the downsides of garlic consumption.
A few people may be allergic to garlic. They should never eat garlic raw. And, if they get a skin outbreak, high temperature or headache, they should stop consuming garlic. Eating up to 10 cloves a day is ok, but more than this can have unsavory results like indigestion and garlic-breath. Indians are great garlic users, but we make amistake while cooking with garlic. We cook garlic immediately after crushing or chopping it. But, to maximize the health benefits, you should crush the garlic and use it to cook your curries only after letting it to sit for about 15 minutes. This triggers an enzyme reaction in the crushed garlic cloves that boosts healthy compounds in it. Also consume raw garlic first thing in the morning without chewing to reap its awesome health benefits. If you are scared of garlic breath, you canconsume garlic pills, but the resultant data on these supplements has been mixed. There is no clear indication that the active ingredients in garlic responsible for giving it its health punch, remain active in a pill form too.