Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sushma MalhotraYour feedback matters!
Dr. I'm 27 years male married for 3 yrs. My liquefaction time is 180 mins. Wife has not been diagnosed with any problems. We tried one cycle of IUI but was unsuccessful. I was on cervifin and kq fr 2 months but no improvements. Does liquefaction have any importance in iui. Pls suggest our options to proceed for pregnancy. Thankyou.
What is the role of unwanted 72 does that prevent the pregnancy if only single intercourse can not make the women pregnant then why use of unwanted 72.
Whether you suffer from premature ejaculation, erectile dysfunction, are unable to get an orgasm - or you just want to improve your sex life, Every problem is connected to one major solution, it's important to exercise your 'sex' muscles.
A. Kegel Exercises - Cure For Erectile Dysfunction, Urinary incontinence, and Nightfall
What Are Kegel Exercises?
Kegel exercises are easy exercises to strengthen your pelvic floor muscles.
How Do I Find My Pelvic Muscles?
In order to help strengthen you pelvic floor muscles, it is important that you take time to make sure you are exercising the right muscles.
Try to stop and start your urine stream while you are about to urinate . Try to do this two or three times. The muscles you use to stop your urine flow are your pelvic floor muscles.
How Do I Do A Kegel Exercise?
Now that you have located your pelvic floor muscles, you can exercise them even when you do not have to urinate by following these simple steps:
1. Tighten and hold your pelvic floor muscles for five seconds (count 1 one thousand, 2 one thousand, 3 one thousand, 4 one thousand, 5 one thousand).
2. Relax your pelvic muscles.
You have just done one Kegel exercise. You should plan to do 10 to 20 Kegel exercises three to four times each day.
Another way to tighten your pelvic floor muscles is to:
1. Squeeze the muscles in your anus (like you are holding a bowel movement).
2. Relax your pelvic floor muscles after each attempt.
3. Repeat this exercise 10 to 20 times.
When you do your Kegel exercises, remember
- Do not hold your breath.
- Do not push down.
- Squeeze your muscles together tightly and imagine that you are trying to lift this muscle up.
- Do not tighten the muscles in your stomach, buttocks, or thighs
- Relax your pelvic floor muscles between each squeeze.
How Often Should I Do Kegel Exercises?
Your goal should be to do 20 Kegel exercise three to four times each day. The great thing about Kegel exercises is that you can do them anytime you want to do them
Kegel exercises can help both men and women. Some men's partners do the exercises with them. The more you do them, the stronger your pelvic floor muscles will become.
It can take six weeks or longer to strengthen your pelvic floor muscles
B. The Push-Ups - Lower yourself Only halfway down while doing push up, do not touch the ground.
Halfway down push-ups are easier to achieve and enable you to do faster reps, which, as well as increasing your sexual strength, will also increase your sexual fitness and stamina. Do sets of 10 or 20 push ups.
C. Rebound Exercise - It is performed on a device known as a rebounder/mini-trampoline. Rebounding for 10 minutes twice a day will do wonders for your Sexual health. It strengthens your pelvic floor, abdominal, hip and upper leg muscles as well as strengthening your lymphatic system.
Related Tip: The Best First-Time SEX Advice You'll Ever Get!
What is period. How we avoid period if we not want? Kindly tell me. Period is happening due to pregnancy. Is this right. In which age of girl. Period have take place. How care vagina at that time.
I'm 34 weeks pregnant today everything is fine. Last week I went for an ultrasound & baby is doing fine as the weight is normal, fetal heart is good & the movements are also good. The ratio of umbilical artery should be less than 3 (<3) but its 3.2 Should I worry in this matter? Is this a matter of concern? My doctor ask me not to worry as this is not an important issue just we have to take care about this so to prevent this she increased my Alumin supplements.
1: wake up 6am and drink a glass of warm water, go for a walk for half an hour.
2: dily oil massage and bathe with warm water.
3: have light breakfast of oat
Meal or chapati with sabji.
4: have lunch whatever you need.
5: some snacks in between 4-5pm like fruits tea.
6: dinner up to 9 go to bed up to 10 0'clock.
7: have a glass of warm milk before going to bed.
I want to go for surrogacy. Wana ask questions for how to go about it what to do n how much it cost.
Whenever I have sex with my wife using condom she looses the wetness and it becomes very hard to have proper and enjoyable intercourse. We don't want condom to be used but afraid of unwanted pregnancy. What are the options of having safe sex without condom.
I had last period on 4th of october. Prega test shows positive. To terminate 1st pregnancy I took MIFEGEST once this year, it was a success. Now I gave an unwanted pregnancy again. Can I take it again to terminate 2nd pregnancy. I want to have babies two year later. Re- taking of Mifegest can harm my future fertility? What should be done? Please suggest some medicines soon.
Issue for not having baby from last 5 months. So we want some advice or anything else related to this.
Pulmonary hypertension mainly occurs due to narrowing of the arteries of the lungs as a result of which the flow of blood is restricted. In this kind of condition, blood fails to carry oxygen to your heart and thus your heart gets adversely affected. The blood pressure of your body will get increased to a great extent if this situation remains untreated, thus leading to bdreadful consequenses, specifically situation like heart failure, serious pulmonary diseases, blood clots in lungs and congenial heart defects, etc.
There are certain forms of pulmonary hypertension, which are serious in nature and worsen with time, so much so that they are even fatal at times. It also includes forms which are non curable in nature, however, in order to improve the quality of life, symptoms can be reduced with proper treatment. The treatment for pulmonary hypertension is often complex and it takes some time to find the most appropriate treatment and requires extensive follow-up care. Your doctor might also need to change your treatment if it's no longer effective. However, when pulmonary hypertension is caused by another condition, your doctor will treat the underlying cause whenever possible.
Common Treatments for pulmonary hypertension:
- Blood vessel dilators (vasodilators): Vasodilators open narrowed blood vessels. They are one of the most commonly prescribed vasodilators for pulmonary hypertension is epoprostenol (Flolan, Veletri). The drawback to epoprostenol is that the effect lasts only for few minutes. This drug is continuously injected through an intravenous (IV) catheter via a small pump that you wear in a pack on your belt or shoulder.
- Ventavis: Another form of the drug, iloprost (Ventavis), can be inhaled six to nine times a day through a nebulizer, a machine that vaporizes your medication. Because it's inhaled, it goes directly to the lungs.
- Treprostinil (Tyvaso, Remodulin, Orenitram): It is another form of the drug, which can be given four times a day and can be inhaled or can be taken as an oral medication and can also be administered through injection.
- Endothelin receptor antagonists: These medications reverse the effect of endothelin, a substance in the walls of blood vessels that causes them to narrow. These drugs may improve your energy level and symptoms. However, these drugs shouldn't be taken if you're pregnant. Also, these drugs can damage your liver and you may need monthly liver monitoring.
- Sildenafil and tadalafil: Sildenafil (Revatio, Viagra) and tadalafil (Cialis, Adcirca) are sometimes used to treat pulmonary hypertension. These drugs work by opening the blood vessels in the lungs to allow blood to flow through more easily.
- High-dose calcium channel blockers: These drugs help relax the muscles in the walls of your blood vessels. They include medications, such as amlodipine (Norvasc), diltiazem (Cardizem, Tiazac, others) and nifedipine (Procardia, others). Although calcium channel blockers can be effective, only a small number of people with pulmonary hypertension respond to them.
- Soluble guanylate cyclase (SGC) stimulator: Soluble guanylate cyclase (SGC) stimulators (Adempas) interact with nitric oxide and help relax the pulmonary arteries and lower the pressure within the arteries. These medications should not be taken if you're pregnant. They can sometimes cause dizziness or nausea.
- Anticoagulants: Your doctor is likely to prescribe the anticoagulant warfarin (Coumadin, Jantoven) to help prevent the formation of blood clots within the small pulmonary arteries. Because anticoagulants prevent normal blood coagulation, they increase your risk of bleeding complications. Take warfarin exactly as prescribed, because warfarin can cause severe side effects if taken incorrectly. If you're taking warfarin, your doctor will ask you to have periodic blood tests to check how well the drug is working. Many other drugs, herbal supplements and foods can interact with warfarin, so be sure your doctor knows all of the medications you're taking.
- Digoxin: Digoxin (Lanoxin) can help the heart beat stronger and pump more blood. It can help control the heart rate if you experience arrhythmias.
- Diuretics: Commonly known as water pills, these medications help eliminate excess fluid from your body. This reduces the amount of work your heart has to do. They may also be used to limit fluid buildup in your lungs.
- Oxygen: Your doctor might suggest that you sometimes breathe pure oxygen, a treatment known as oxygen therapy, to help treat pulmonary hypertension, especially if you live at a high altitude or have sleep apnea. Some people who have pulmonary hypertension eventually require continuous oxygen therapy.
- Atrial Septostomy: If medications don't control your pulmonary hypertension, this open heart surgery might be an option. In an atrial septostomy, a surgeon will create an opening between the upper left and right chambers of your heart (atria) to relieve the pressure on the right side of your heart.
- Lung Transplantation: In some cases, a lung or heart lung transplant might be an option, especially for younger people who have idiopathic pulmonary arterial hypertension.
- The complications need to be reduced by taking proper health care. Healthy diet needs to be taken regularly along with proper medications. Smoking should be stopped and exercising sessions should be attended daily without any fail
- Overweight or obesity needs to be controlled properly for reducing the complications. Specialized caring strategies need to be maintained for avoiding severe kinds of health complications that are quite annoying.