Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sushma MalhotraYour feedback matters!
I am 6 days late for my period and have not yet started. My period was due on 27 may, I started getting stomach cramps on 25 till 31st, this was the first time I got cramps ever. I even have slight pain in breasts for a little while but not constant. Got a blood test done for beta hcg and tsh. Beta hcg is less than 1.2 and tsh is 5.07 Are there any other tests that I should get done, or should I test pregnancy again after some days else do I need any medicine for periods to start.
I am planning for a baby. I do not know how much time I should lying on bed after sex and how much time I should not go to bathroom for urinate. Please help.
I got married last november. I and my husband are trying for a baby. We tried for 4 months but failed each time. He is a seafarer n is now working on ship. He wil be back in this november and I want to conceive. What should I do?
Hello sir I am 39 years female. Use sometimes I - pill if had unsafe sex. May b 3 months once. Is this not good for health? Which is the best contraceptive? Pl. Guide me.
I am 33 years old female unmarried. I had my periods this month on 9th but on 19th I started bleeding again. It was little for 2 or 3 days but now bleeding is become more. What do I do to stop ties in between periods bleeding. This is first time tis is happening to me. Please do reply soon i am really tensed. Every month I used to get my periods on 31st but this time it happened on 24th day. Please reply.
Some people experience symptoms of erectile dysfunction and think of consuming Viagra. Viagra is the market name of a substance called Sildenafil, which is used for the correction of erectile dysfunction. It creates hypertension in the blood vessels, enabling you to get an enhanced erection. Viagra is quite useful for boosting your sexual performance. However, you may experience several side effects on your health. Before deciding on using a pack of Viagra, it is advised to consult a doctor to know the exact dosage that would work for you.
1. 50 mg is the recommended dosage for men in general. The dose can be sometimes increased up to 100 mg. It depends on tolerance and effectiveness. The dose may also be decreased to 25 mg in some cases. It is also advised not to take Viagra more than once a day. The dosage will have to be altered if you take other prescribed medicines.
2. Viagra single packs are also prescribed by doctors. Single packs are available in dosages of 25, 50 and 100 mg.
When should you avoid viagra?
Viagra should be avoided in some cases.
These include the following:
1. In case you take prescribed nitrates for chest pain or pulmonary disorder, your doctor would advise you not to use Viagra due as it increases the risk of high blood pressure, which can be quite disastrous for your health.
2. Many people are allergic to sildenafil, which is a substance present in Viagra.
Side effects of consuming viagra
Viagra causes several serious side effects on the body. Therefore, it is very important to take a doctor’s advice and know about the different adversities. The most common side effects include the following:
1. Priapism: This is a condition where your erection lasts for about four hours or longer and does not end. Permanent damage to the penis is indicated if this condition is not treated.
2. Loss of vision and hearing impairment: Viagra may cause Non-arteritic Anterior Ischemic Optic Neuropathy (NAION). This disorder may lead to loss of vision in one or both the eyes. Tinnitus or hearing impairment is another condition, which may occur as a side effect of consuming Viagra.
You should always consult a doctor before you decide to take as he would know best about the dosage required by your body. He will also advise you about an ideal method of usage.
Hi I got period after 48 days only for three days on Nov 1st Is it okay to have three days period ?usually I have five day period 25-30 cycle. I have change in lifestyle quit job and staying at home. When shd I expect my next period?
I am 21 years old and not getting regular periods. Have tried doctor's medicines BT not getting regular periods yet. What should I do.
Sir, My wife is now 32 weeks pregnant Now she is going to office by traveling 10 kms in car Please let me know whether it is safe or not.
Cucumbers are a real health treasury. They're rich in nutrients which can fight off even the most detrimental illnesses, including cancer. Also, cucumbers are highly beneficial for the quality of the skin and hair. This veggie is highly efficient in the removal of toxins and hydration of the whole body.
Cucumbers are 95% water. So, this vegetable is one of the best foods for deep hydration of the organism. Also, cucumbers will supply the body with the most important vitamins. Furthermore, these veggies will stimulate your metabolism and aid in the removal of additional body fat. They are a great source of dietary fiber and water, which makes them highly beneficial in the excretion of toxins.
Bad breath is a common problem that affects both women and men. Luckily, cucumbers are the perfect solution. Namely, slice one piece of cucumber, put it in your mouth, and hold it for 30 seconds. Thanks to the anti-bacterial properties, the cucumber will destroy all the bacteria causing the bad breath.
I am 29 years old. Not pregnant. I am going for pilgrim on 5th sept and will return on 21 sept. Last month my mc date was 12 august. And my gynec gave me delivery 10 mg course for 5 days (twice a day) to prepare my periods. From 19 aug to 23 aug and told me that my periods will start in 5 to 7 days after stopping the tablets. But now its 10th day I did not got my periods yet. So she suggest me to take primolut N 5 mg twice a day from 3rd sep till I return. Is this a proper diagnosis and is it safe to take primolut N tab. After taking delivery tab. Need suggestion please.
I have three basic questions related to pregnancy of my wife who is in her eleventh week of first trimester. Ques-1 my wife after missing her last period undergone a home pregnancy test which was +ve and visited the hospital, but doctor did not go with hcg blood test and rather gave urine test kit again and confirmed pregnancy, she has also started her prenatal pills and vaccination. Is it ok? Ques-2 can we have sex (intercourse and oral) while in pregnancy? Ques-3 can we travel long distance journey while pregnancy?
6 handy tips to manage repeated vaginal infections
Vaginal infections occur when the walls of the vagina get inflamed. This can be caused by several factors such as bacteria, viruses, yeast, sexually transmitted diseases (STDs), chemicals and clothing. The standard medical term for it is vaginitis and it bothers most women at some point in their lives.
Maintaining vaginal and overall genital health is very important in preventing and dealing with infection. that affect the affect the area, especially those which are persistent or recurrent.
Some tips to manage repeated vaginal infections are as follows:
1. Maintaining personal hygiene: The most important aspect of maintaining vaginal health is keeping the pubic region cleansed and hydrated. Poor hygiene and dryness make it more prone to recurring infection.
2. Using the right products: Harsh chemical soaps and sprays may cause irritation to the vagina and make it susceptible to inflammation due to infection.
3. Wearing skin-friendly clothing: Certain types and materials of clothing have a harmful impact on the delicate skin of the genital area which puts the vagina at the risk of contracting infections. These include nylon underwear, tight jeans and trousers, pantyhose with no cotton lining, etc. Wearing soft cotton underwear and linen bottoms are the best ways to prevent vaginal infection and inflammation.
4. Using protection during sex: Protected sexual intercourse prevents the spread of STDs which cause vaginal infection. Hence, it is always advisable to use a condom while having sex.
5. Urinating after sex: Always urinating after sex reduces the chances of catching a vaginal infection.
6. Getting regular health checkups: The most efficient way of managing vaginal infections is by getting the vagina checked up by your gynaecologist as regularly as possible so as to prevent further complications and ensure early detection of infections or diseases.
These are some of the simple and effective ways of handling vaginal infections. Most cases are not very serious and can be easily treated and managed.
I'm in 3rd trimester of pregnancy and it's my first pregnancy. My belly is hard so I don't feel baby movements so frequently is it normal? I had urine infection but it's okay now . So can you help me what things I should do to get my belly soft. I have little bit itching in urine so how I get relief from it?
I had a unprotected sex with my fiancé. Her period was stated on 8th July. We had a sex 11th onwards. Now on 18th July when she wake up she is feeling very bad pain in stomach, vomiting and feels like indigestion. Is it symptoms of pregnancy?
Hey, I am 24 years old nov 20-23 me bich me muje period hue the BT tbse aaj 9 Jan tk nh hue stmch pain h 10 days se or kamr card b bhut white fall b hora hai .so please jldi kaise hinge koi treatment bta do.
Kapal bharti yoga is best yoga for all type of sexual problems in males & females. Healthy peoples can also maintain their sexual health by doing kapal bharti. So just do it for 15 minutes in morning and stay fit