Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. SushmaYour feedback matters!
When we have to get the pregnancy period day and she was in this month 18 morning date So kindly reply to the as soon as.
Hi doc! how to free from dysfunctional uterine bleeding, I suffered it for 1 year & 2 months, sometimes it back again. I'm tired for that kind of sickness.
Hello Dr. I am 22 year old girl. I had sex 6oct. And after it I take unwanted 72. My period should come at 28 oct but it did not come so at 7 nov. I take abortion pills kit (5teb ).and still I do not have any bleeding. My last period came at 28 sep. I have also try pregnancy test bit it is still negative. My period is not come till date. I am very worried. What should I do. Thank you.
In the realm of Ayurvedic medicine, ginger is considered as a wonder root. Its medicinal purposes are many and it never fails to heal some of the most common to the more serious diseases. Ginger can be consumed raw, with other foods, or in a paste form. It is regularly used in most of the dishes that you consume on a daily basis because of its medicinal values. Here are some of the most important values that ginger has, due to which it is considered to be one of the most cherished remedy in Ayurveda.
- Anti-histamine properties: Often people get allergies to dust, pollens, dirt, and other impurities in the air. These allergies can be prolonged and the person suffers a lot. When you experience a bout of allergy, it is best to consume ginger in any form. Its anti -histamine properties help in reducing the allergic reaction and relieve the patient of the sufferings.
- Stimulates digestion: Ginger is a regular herb used in every meal - mostly in the form of paste and at times as chopped pieces. This is because it aids the release of bile juices from the gall bladder, which in turn promotes smooth digestion.
- Cancer: According to the researches carried out at Michigan University, it has been concluded that ginger powder has the ability to kill many cancer-causing cells. It is specially recommended to be consumed by medical practitioners if you suffer from lung, prostate, ovarian, and breast cancer.
- Morning sickness: At times, you experience morning sickness with a heavy head and a bout of nausea. This mostly occurs when you are pregnant. In such circumstances, consuming ginger provides the necessary vitamin B6 to your body. This helps you to stabilise your condition in the morning and reduce weakness, laziness, and nausea.
- Inflammation: Ginger root has anti-inflammatory properties, which help in reducing inflammation of any kind in the body. This means that whenever you have any kind of inflammation, you are asked to consume ginger so that the swelling and pain subsides to a considerable amount.
- Menstrual cramps: Cramps are very common in women during their menstruation. To reduce the pain and cramps, ginger tea is often given to them. It is said that consuming ginger regularly during periods helps in reducing the pain and cramps that are associated with it.
In a gist, these are some of the essential qualities of ginger. These are the reasons as to why ginger is often consumed daily and seen as a home remedy as well. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
Health benefits of egg whites:
According to kanter, 'high-quality protein helps build muscles and allows people to feel full longer and stay energized, which can help them maintain a healthy weight.' egg whites are an excellent source of protein, with 3.6 g of protein per 17-calorie egg white. That's about 5 percent of your daily protein needs.
'although we often think of protein's function in building and maintaining muscle, newer research suggests other benefits of protein' kanter told live science' for example, numerous studies since 2010 have found that protein-rich breakfasts, including those containing eggs, result in blunted postprandial glucose and insulin responses, greater satiety, and lower energy intake at a subsequent meal, suggesting a positive role of eggs for hunger and weight management.' a study published in the american journal of clinical nutrition looked at protein-rich breakfasts in overweight or obese adolescent girls and found that high-protein breakfasts were associated with less evening snacking, as well as positive changes in 'appetitive, hormonal, and neural signals that control food intake regulation.'
One egg white contains 54 mg of potassium, a vital mineral and electrolyte associated with heart health, bone health and overall effective cell and organ functioning, according to the university of maryland medical center. Many studies have linked potassium with lower blood pressure because it promotes vasodiliation (widening of blood vessels), according to today's dietitian. A study of 12, 000 adults, published in archives of internal medicine, showed that those who consumed 4, 069 mg of potassium each day lowered their risk of cardiovascular disease and ischemic heart disease by 37 percent and 49 percent, respectively, compared with those who took 1, 793 mg per day.
Egg whites contain almost identical amounts of potassium and sodium, minerals that work together to create an essential electrochemical gradient known as membrane potential, according to the linus pauling institute at oregon state university. Membrane potential is critical for muscle contraction, nerve impulse transmission, heart function, and transferring nutrients and metabolites throughout cells. Maintaining these membrane potentials accounts for 20-40 percent of the resting energy expenditure of a typical adult. According to livestrong. Com, egg whites help balance the potassium and sodium necessary to maintain these membrane potentials.
'diets higher in protein have been linked with lower risk of developing hypertension,' said kanter, and new research shows that egg whites might be particularly helpful. In an animal study announced by the american chemical society, scientists at clemson university discovered that a peptide called rvpsl (a component of protein) found in egg whites 'reduces blood pressure about as much as a low dose of captopril, a high-blood-pressure drug.' it blocks angiotensin-converting enzymes, which are produced by the body and increase blood pressure.
Kanter noted that egg whites are a good source of riboflavin, also known as vitamin b2. Sixty-two percent of an egg's riboflavin is contained in the white. This vitamin is associated with releasing energy from carbohydrates, thereby helping metabolism, and producing red blood cells, according to the national institutes of health, which lists eggs on its list of good sources of riboflavin. It also works as an antioxidant, breaking down dangerous free radicals (molecules that can damage or kill cells), according to the university of maryland medical center.
An american journal of clinical nutrition article discussed the problems associated with riboflavin deficiencies. These included anemia, homocysteine levels that are associated with cardiovascular disease, and increased risk of cancer in animal trials.
Hair and skin care
The protein content in egg whites has made them a popular folk treatment for hair and skin care. There is no scientific evidence to back these claims up, however.
While egg whites are a good source of protein and a great option for those suffering from diabetes, high cholesterol or cardiovascular disease, people should be careful not to assume that egg whites provide all the same nutritional benefits of whole eggs. 'most of the vitamins and minerals are contained in the yolk,' said kanter. 'nutrients found exclusively in the yolk include choline, vitamin b12, vitamin d and iron among others.'
A study published in the american journal of clinical nutrition in 2002 caused a stir when it found that raw egg whites interfere with absorption of biotin. Biotin is a b vitamin that is important to fat and sugar metabolism and blood sugar regulation, according to world's healthiest foods. Egg whites contain a glycoprotein called avidin, which binds to biotin and makes it absorbable by the digestive tract. This problem is solved by cooking egg whites.
When raw, both egg whites and whole eggs can present a risk of infecting eaters with salmonella. The centers for disease control recommends cooking all types of eggs until both the white and yolk are firm.
Some people are allergic to proteins in egg yolks and egg whites, but egg-white allergies are more common, according to the mayo clinic. As many as 2 percent of children are allergic to eggs, according to the american college of allergy, asthma and immunology. Fortunately, studies show that about 70 percent of children with an egg allergy outgrow it by age 16. Allergic reactions range from a mild rash to stomach pain to anaphylaxis, which impairs breathing and can send the body into shock.
I am 24 years old male. My beard growth is so slow and its not thick. I have hair fociles on my face but patchy it doesn't cover up all the area. I took biotin for 3 months but it didn't had any change.
The sexual health of a human being depends on various factors. These may include the physiological make up of the individual as well as the emotional well being and finally also, the physical health of the person. Ailments, illnesses and diseases can have a huge bearing on the sexual health of an individual, and a cancer patient is no different. Cancer can have a profound effect on one's sexual health:
- Sexual Dysfunction: There are various kinds of cancer and cancer treatments that can suck the energy out of the patient. This also affects the sexual drive and health of the patient. Sexual dysfunction is a common by product of many such treatments, with at least 50% women patients suffering from the same, after breast and cervical cancer.
- Surgery: This is a factor that has a high relation with the sex drive of the patient. Any surgery that is related to cancer usually takes a toll on the body, and leads to a diminishing interest in various areas like food, and sex.
- Tumour: The size and location of the tumour has a major effect on the way a person behaves sexually after treatment and surgery. The tumour decides the severity and aftermath of the treatment and surgery, as well as the amount of tissue that is eventually removed. This can affect the performance and interest of a person in terms of sex.
- Chemotherapy: This kind of therapy and treatment as well as a lot of radiation can lead to side effects like nausea, vomiting, loose motions, dizzy spells, weight loss or gain, and even loss of hair. All these factors greatly affect the person's self image and self esteem which in turn have a bearing on how the person reacts sexually. Most men and women do not have the energy or the drive for sexual intercourse after chemotherapy.
- Prostate Cancer: Getting an erection and achieving ejaculation becomes quite a challenge with this kind of cancer because of the location of the prostate gland where the tumour is generally located.
- Hormones: While the hormones get altered during the treatment and also due to the hormonal treatment that is a part of the therapy followed for cancer patients, the psychological impact and the sexual disinterest is apparent in the patients as well.