Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sushma
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SushmaYour feedback matters!
I did sex I'm 22 years old girl. I did sex with my boy friend since from last month. I took 2 times birth control pill in this time. To day my periods began. But it is not smoothly running. Some time it stops. Some time again bleeding. What to do now? my boy friend since from last month. I took 2 times birth control pill in this time. Last one day ego I took the second pill and the first pill I took last two weeks ego. Today my periods began. But it is not smoothly running. Some time it stops. Some time again bleeding. What to do now? I have no problem with periods. But today I observed it. Is this side effect of birth control pill?
My wife is seven months pregnant. She is34 years old. Our elder daughter is 11 years old. My wife is second pregnant. Since she started 4 month her feet started swelling. Dr. suggested shelcal HD and Autrin since she is felling well but swelling exist yet. After 11 years my wife is pregnant does that matter.
Hello doctor. My period is 20 days late. Normally my cycle is 37 days. I had an unprotected sex with my bf about 6 week ago. He told that he did not ejaculated inside. But for safety I took an emergency contraceptive within 2 hour of the sex. Yesterday I took a home pregnancy test and it was negative 3 times. I am now worried am I pregnant?
I am facing periods problem. Each month 5-6 days its perponing. I m facing this problem from last 6 months. Kindly guide for solution.
Homeopathy literally translates to same/similar and study. The philosophy of homoeopathy is like cures like. The medications that are usually prescribed by homoeopathy doctors contain the same ingredients which would cause the disease. For example, if gout is due to excessive uric acid, the treatment also would include uric acid, but at highly diluted doses.
There is constant controversy as to whether this actually works. While there are numerous patients who have benefitted from using these products, there is another segment which claims that they just have a placebo effect and actually are not of any medicinal value. The following are some points raised by clinicians and patients all over which question homoeopathy.
- Arriving at the right prescription: No two individuals are given the same treatment in homoeopathy, even though they may have the exact clinical presentation. The doctor needs to spend a lot of time to discuss other symptoms and then come to a conclusion as to what to use. This is extremely complex and even tricky sometimes. Arriving at a wrong conclusion and giving wrong medication is quite possible if a proper diagnosis and case study is not done. This is one big risk that is raised against homoeopathy.
- Limited trial periods: Another argument against homoeopathy is that none of these products have gone through clinical trials and therefore their safety is a big question. There are also reports of people having had adverse reactions to some homoeopathy medicines.
- Uncertain responses: Just as the diagnosis, even the response to treatment is unique and specific to individuals. While some medicine might work for a person, it may not work for another. Also, the duration of treatment can widely vary. Some might respond in days, others might take weeks or sometimes even months. In the meantime, there could be other symptoms arising as a result of the medicine per se.
- Homoeopathic aggravation: Going by its basic philosophy, homoeopathy uses the same medicine to treat the symptoms which would induce it in the first place. Therefore, there is a high chance of initial aggravation of symptoms at the beginning of therapy. Patients who choose homoeopathy are often warned of this and advised not to worry about this, as this is a typical observation.
- Drug interactions and side effects: Many homoeopathy products have significant side effects. What can affect one body system in a positive way can have a negative effect on another body system. However, the argument is that the medicine is used in highly diluted forms and are not capable of causing any adverse effects. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!