Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sushma
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SushmaYour feedback matters!
It is often said that we are what we eat. So, when a person aims to stay healthy, maintaining a healthy rate of metabolism is important. So what about foods which can really help boost the metabolism?
While exercise is important to stay healthy, it is said that what a person eats accounts for about 70 to 75% of the entire challenge of being fit. So, it can be said that eating foods which help the metabolism stay at a high level is something which is really very important. But, what exactly are these foods?
- It is known that excessive consumption of eggs leads to high levels of cholesterol, but that really does not mean that egg whites are bad for health. As a matter of fact, not only it has a lot of Vitamin D and protein, but there is also a great amount of branched chain amino acids, which can work wonders on the metabolism of a person.
- Water is something that is really underrated in a variety of ways. It should not come as a surprise, in that case, to know that it can do its bit to help in keep a metabolism rate high. After all, something that gets the body to function more smoothly should also be part of the answer to getting a more effortless high metabolism rate! Another thing which is interesting to know when it comes to water is the fact that if it is drunk cold, more calories can be burnt as the body would spend some energy in warming the water up. Now, is this not a very simple way to go about making sure that one’s metabolism does not slow?
- There are some chemical compounds which can help when it comes to improving the metabolism. One of these happens to be capsaicin. Also, it does not mean that this compound needs to be bought or anything like that. As a matter of fact, it occurs absolutely naturally in chilli peppers. So, just incorporating some of them into the food one eats in a consistent manner will help a lot. Apart from just capsaicin, there is also quite a bit of vitamin C in chilli peppers, so it is truly a case of two birds, one stone!
- A cup of coffee is said to be a daily need for a lot of people. While too much is not good, the fact that coffee drinkers tend to have a 16% higher metabolism than normal should provide sufficient reason to make a daily coffee a habit.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hi Sir/Madam My period had on 15th January. We had sex on 23rd January then after within 2 hour I took emergency contraceptive. On 30th January heavy bleeding till 2-3 days.In february on 17th and 25th I checked pregnancy test that was negative. And no any pregnancy symptoms. But today is 4th march my period did not come. I am very worried. please tell me what should I do.
Strategies to prevent overeating at party meals
" once you arrive at the party, take in the food with your eyes first" pausing to survey the spread and thinking about which foods are your favorites and which foods just aren't worth it allows you to splurge selectively" tell yourself that you don't have to try one of everything.
Remember these tips during partying:
1. Load up on fruits and vegetables. They have more fiber and fewer calories so you can fill your plate, eat healthy, and satisfy your appetite.
2. Move away from the buffet. Fill a small plate with no more than two food items at once and then mingle.
3" hang out with the talkers, not the eaters" keep something in your hands, like a low-calorie drink, and avoid the temptation to grab appetizers as they pass by.
4. Don't deprive yourself completely. Allow yourself a few special holiday treats, but choose carefully. Think before you load your plate with holiday food.
5. Bypass most of the buffet and save your calories for the foods you really enjoy.
6. Prolong the moment. The longer you linger before indulging in your holiday food choices, the less likely you'll eat too much. Don't head straight to the front of the buffet line. If you're the first to eat, then you'll be finished before everyone else and more tempted to go back for seconds.
Wheatgrass is the young grass of the wheat plant and is a rich source of minerals and vitamins including vitamin a, b12 and e; calcium, magnesium, iron and selenium. It has loads of living chlorophyll and also contains many antioxidants. Following are 11 of the many benefits of this amazing plant called wheatgrass -
1. Wonderful healer: wheatgrass heals effectively for the presence of proteins, minerals and amino acids. The chlorophyll content of wheatgrass helps in building blood cells.
2. Anti-ageing agent: the enzymes present in wheatgrass decay superoxide radicals present in human body to control age-causing factors, thus slowing down the ageing process.
3. Colon cleaner: the crude form of chlorophyll has cleansing effect on colon. It also helps in curtailing the development of harmful bacteria. Liquefied wheatgrass renews colon tissues to make them healthier.
4. Skin soother: application of wheatgrass paste or juice on skin cures it of dryness, burning sensation, itching, infection or even insect bites.
5. Sinus decongestant: the insertion of wheatgrass packs inside the sinuses dries it up and decongests it within a day. It throws out the toxins from the body and neutralizes their negative effect.
6. Energy provider: the starch present in wheatgrass gets transformed into simple sugars and renders quick energy on intake. Wheatgrass juice can be consumed by athletes for its rapid assimilation and release of energy.
7. Fertility restorer: the magnesium content in wheatgrass gives rise to friendly enzymes that help in the revival of sex hormones.
8. Body deodorizer: juice of wheatgrass can be effectively used as body deodorant.
9. Dental healer: daily intake of wheatgrass juice prevents tooth decay and renders relief from dental infection and toothache.
10. Hair vitalizer: application of wheatgrass juice to scalp and hair roots prevents hair fall, dandruff and delays graying.
11. Pain reliever: scientific evidences have shown that consumption of wheatgrass helped in minimizing pain of cancer patients going through chemotherapy without interfering with the efficacy of the treatment.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on'consult.
With the change of season, we all have to be geared up for the increase in the number of mosquitoes in and around our homes, and among these is one such mosquito, which can be fatal for your life. The bite of the ‘Aedes aegypti’ mosquito causes Dengue. This mosquito survives and breeds in tropical and sub-tropical areas. It is a waterborne disease and causes extreme pain, discomfort and in some cases even death. Each year 390 million people are inflicted with dengue out of which 96 million develop serious illnesses and are required to be hospitalized.
1. As mentioned above it is caused by the bite of the ‘Aedes aegypti’ mosquito.
2. When a mosquito bites a person who already has dengue, it becomes infected and it can be transmitted to any healthy person this mosquito bites next.
3. If you already have dengue and are infected again then you have a higher chance of developing dengue hemorrhagic fever or a dengue shock which can even cause death.
4. Living near a stagnant water body, or accumulating water in open containers, staying in the vicinity of clogged drains and open windows can also expose you to the threat of Dengue.
The symptoms can last to about 10 days after one gets infected. The symptoms are as follows:
1. Excruciating pain behind the eyes
2. Severe headache
3. Sudden high fever.
6. Skin rash which generally appears two to five days after you get bitten.
7. Nose bleeding, easy bruising and bleeding gums.
8. Severe muscle and joint pain.
These symptoms can be mistaken for high fever or viral infection, so it is important to get tested as soon as you start experiencing these symptoms. If dengue is not treated in time, it can give rise to dengue hemorrhagic fever. In this case, you can suffer from high fever, nose bleeding (damage of blood vessels), failure of the circulatory system and enlargement of liver.
You can also prevent dengue by avoiding storing water in containers, keeping your surroundings clean, wearing full body clothing, using mosquito repellants, sleeping under a mosquito net and setting mosquito traps. Dengue is very devastating and can cause death in worse cases as in dengue shock or dengue hemorrhagic fever. Dengue is now an epidemic in many countries. People affected with dengue need to drink a lot of fluids and take plenty of rest. They can also reduce the fever by having a paracetamol. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.
I have always pain in lower abdomen before 10 days of periods. It lasts for nearly two days. Is there any complications. My age is 27 yrs.
I have frequent pee problem from last few days. And sometimes my stomach cramps and my vagina also pains. Am I pregnant.
As I am not virgin I like dancing too much I do dance bhangra haryanvi daily as a exercise does it loosens my vagina.
Diagnostic laparoscopy is a surgical process for examining different kinds of organs present in the abdomen. It is a low-risk and minimally invasive process in which just a small incision is made. This allows the doctor to evaluate the conditions of your abdominal organs without opting for an open surgery. It’s mostly performed when the patient complains of pain in the pelvic region and when other assessing methods have failed to detect the reason behind the pain and discomfort.
How is laparoscopy done?
The laparoscope is a slim and well-lit telescope that allows your doctor to evaluate the conditions of various organs in your body. It can help in determining whether there is any instance of fibroid or endometriosis. It can help in performing a variety of surgeries like removal of ovarian cysts, hysterectomy and tubal ligation. This surgery involves much lesser healing time compared to other elaborate surgeries.
Why should you go for laparoscopy?
Your gynaecologist may recommend you to get a laparoscopy for a treatment or for diagnosis. It is mostly performed due to unexplained pelvic ache, infertility and a history of pelvic infection. Laparoscopy is also performed for the diagnosis of conditions such as uterine fibroids, ovarian cysts, endometriosis, pelvic pus or abscess, ectopic pregnancy, painful scar, inflammatory disease in the pelvic region and reproductive cancers.
How to prepare for gynaecological laparoscopy?
Your gynaecologist would ask you to prepare for the laparoscopy test on the basis of the type of surgery. Your doctor would ask you about the medication you take, which would include health supplements and over-the-counter medications and in certain cases you may have to stop certain medications. This process is performed under anaesthesia and you would be able to go home on the same day. The following process depends on the type of process. The diagnosis process is completed faster than the surgical process in which an incision is required to be made. The instrument would be inserted through the incision and then the surgery is executed by inserting the laparoscope tool. Once the process is completed, all the tools are removed from the body and the incision would be closed with stitches and the affected area would be bandaged.
In recent times, the laparoscopic process has advanced to a great extent and robotic surgery is often used for performing the surgical process. This is because it has been proven that robotic hands are steadier than human hands and can perform fine manipulations effortlessly. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist and ask a free question.