Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SushmaYour feedback matters!
The amazingly complex herb, ashwagandha, happens to derive its name from the two sanskrit words, "ashwa" and "gandha".It is an exquisite herb, which can significantly cater to your body in more than one way due to its numerous health benefits.
Here are some of the most common advantages and risks of consuming this herb.
- Enhances your brain: Ashwagandha is an antioxidant and helps keeping free radicals at sea, and prevents them from damaging your brain cells.
- Fights emotional imbalances: Sudden emotional imbalances and even more sudden mood swings are probably the biggest and the most imminent problems of the youth today. Ashwagandha cuts out the stress stimuli and has a soothing effect on you, thereby making sure your emotional imbalances do not come in the way of your well being. Ashwagadandha can naturally lower cortisol levels.
- Cures wounds: Ashwagandha is also believed to cure your physical wounds, and a controlled amount of this herb, is believed to save you from one-sided paralysis of your body.
- Is anti- cancerous: Ashwagandha, according to a few studies, acts as an anticancer agent because it helps in slowing down the growth of cancer cells and cancerous tumors.
- Treats insomnia: Ashwagandha has its rejuvenating properties as well, which help in calming your nerves down, relieves you of your stress. It is considered to be an effective tool in treating patients with insomnia.
- Helps in weight loss: Cortisol not only acts as a stress hormone in the body, it can also make you fat. Ashwagandha is known to naturally lower cortisol - the stress hormone.
- Lowers Blood sugar levels: Ashwagandha also potentially decreases fasting blood sugar levels, which means that it may also help to improve glucose metabolism.
But, like every other herb, ashwagandha also has some risk factors associated with it.
- Pregnancy issues: According to a few studies, this herb can have an adverse effect on you if you are a pregnant woman, putting you at the risks of stillbirth. Though there hasn't been much research to back up this fact, it still remains one of the largest concerns during pregnancy.
- Hyperthyroidism: Certain studies claim, that ashwagandha can majorly contribute to hyperthyroidism, although even this, hasn't been proven. So, if you happen to be patient of hyperthyroidism, you should consult a physician before consuming the herb.
I don't get my cycle every month from my first cycle while be there any treatment for regularity on for cycle.
Mujhe last periods 19 april ko hui thi. Or meri may ko periods miss ho gye hai. Aesa phle b hua h periods ek mahine ka gap krke hote h. Please help.
I have herpes in my testicle pl suggest what to do? Can I take bath during this time, can I apply ice cubes on it? Which pain killer should I take.
Can a girl get pregnant if she do sex during periods? that is when it was bleeding in periods. And she took unwanted 72 within 48 hours of sex?
I'am 18 years old female. Mene apne boyfriend ke saath physical relations banaye on 23 sept ussi raat mujhko periods aa gaye or vagina mai bhot dard hone laga heavy flow ta blood ka but mere periods ab khatam ho gaye hai but dard kaam ni hua hai mene andr dkha ta vagina ke skin pht gayi hai thdi si Jada kaam karti hu toh dard Badh jata hai. Mjhko kisi ne mag phos 200 medicine lene ko kaha hai toh kya yh medicine sahi hai iss problem ke lie or or koi treatment hai Jo mai krwa Saku ya yeah kuch dino mai apne se sahi ho jaega or jadi problm wali baat toh nhi hai na? Please suggest me a sure short treatment. Fast.
I have my periods for about 7 days. I had my periods on 28 september which ended on 4 october. I had protected sex (with condom) on 5 october. I get my periods after 28 days of gap but this time I got my periods in midnight at 20 october 12: 30 am almost 16 days after my periods ended. Am I pregnant? If not what is this?
Does rubbing vagina from outside jeans or trouser indirectly means not directly looses virginity as I am virgin.
But i am asking for medicine to the swelling of abdomen of my girlfriend which is come after taking I pill 6 or 7 times in January and she is slimly fit her age is only 17 years im having sex with her 6 or 7 times and give her ipill in every meeting help me suggest me a right medicine.
I am 24 years female having scanty menstrual bleeding issue since more than 6 months. I want to know the below following points regarding this. 1. What should I do? 2. What are the causes behind this? 3. How this scanty bleeding may impact my personal life? 4. What are the remedies for this?
My age is 30. I am widow. I have lot of work burden and stress. How to control white discharge problem? What food take control white discharge problem?
I am 26 old married female. I have got married 5 years ago. I don't have children yet. And now I had POCD operation 2 weeks ago. Is there any chance to get pregnancy? If there is, In how many days will I get pregnancy after this operation? Please let me know.
Mam. My periods is 3 day late from the actual date. What should I have to. M in a tension. please tell me. This is the first time..
I am 27 years old n I don't have any children. My marriage completed more than 2 year. All tests are normal. Tell me what I do.
1. Fever:The juice of Tulsi leaves is very useful as it helps to bring down the fever.
2. Common Cold:Chewing Tulsi leaves on an empty stomach will help you get rid of cold and flu.
3. Sore throat:Boil few Tulsi leaves in your drinking water and use it for gargling in case of a sore throat. It is also very useful for the patients who are suffering from asthma and bronchitis.
4. Headache:Headache due to heat is very common. So just make a paste of the basil leaves and sandalwood and apply it to the forehead. Its cooling effects will definitely make you feel relaxed and calm.
5. Eye problems: Black basil juice plays a very important role for eyes diseases. A few drops of black basil juice in the eyes can cure sore eyes.
6. Dental problem:Mix the dried leaves of basil powder with mustard oil to make a paste, massage your gums with that paste and you can also use this paste for brushing your teeth as it will help to prevent bad breath and disease like pyorrhea.
7. Skin disorder:The juice of basil can also be used to cure several skin problems such as – leucoderma.
8. Chewing few basil leaves in the Morning also helps in Acidity.
9. Kidney stone:A mixture of honey and juice of basil leaves will result in expelling renal stones through the urinary tract.
10. Reduces stress and improves immunity.
Nutrition & Wellness Expert