Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sushma Aggarwal
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sushma AggarwalYour feedback matters!
If you are experiencing pink or cola-colored urine or your urine is foamy, you could be suffering from glomerular disease. Also known as glomerulonephritis, this condition involves inflammation of the tiny kidney filters or glomeruli. It may be acute, sudden or chronic. When glomerulonephritis occurs by itself, it is called primary glomerulonephritis, and in case it occurs from other diseases, it is called secondary glomerulonephritis. Prolonged and intense inflammation associated with glomerular disease may damage the kidneys.
The symptoms of glomerular disease are based on the form of glomerulonephritis. The common symptoms are as follows:
- Pink urine due to the presence of red blood cells in the urine
- Foamy urine because of excessive protein
- High blood pressure
- Retention of fluid with swelling in the hands, face, feet and abdomen
- Fatigue due to kidney failure or anemia
There are several conditions, which may lead to glomerular disease. They are as follows:
- Glomerulonephritis may develop a few weeks after you recover from a throat infection or impetigo. The body produces excessive antibodies, which may settle in the glomeruli and cause inflammation.
- Certain bacteria may spread through the bloodstream, enter the heart and cause infection of the valves of the heart. This is known as bacterial endocarditis.
- Certain viral infections like the human immunodeficiency virus or HIV, hepatitis B and C may lead to glomerulonephritis.
The tests and procedures used for the diagnosis of glomerular disease are as follows:
- Urine tests are carried out to detect red blood cells in the urine which may indicate glomerulonephritis. Urinalysis also shows the presence of white blood cells, which may lead to inflammation or infection and increased protein.
- Blood tests are performed for getting information on the extent of kidney damage by the measurement of waste product levels.
- Imaging tests such as an X-ray or CT scan may be required for visualizing the kidneys.
- Kidney biopsy is an effective diagnosis, which involves the extraction of small pieces of the kidney via a special needle. The extracted pieces are studied under a microscope for diagnosis.
The treatment for glomerulonephritis or glomerular disease aims at protecting the kidneys from more damage.
Keeping the blood pressure under control is important for protection of the kidneys. You should take prescribed medications for the management of blood pressure. Other medications are prescribed for the treatment of underlying causes, which lead to glomerular disease with kidney inflammation.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
We had a Unprotected intercourse & my girl took an i pill within 10 hours after sex & after taking i pill again, we had unprotected intercourse within 14 hrs, is there any chances of pregnancy? If yes, what should she do right now? Can she take another ipill? Please help me.
Hi. Am 27 years old am married since 2 years. I dont hav any children. 2 months back I got abdominal surgery for the removal of ovarian cyst (chocolate cyst) and fibroid. After surgery 2 menstrual the was regular. Then I tried for pregnancy. After 1 week of intercourse again I get periods that is 12 days early. What might be the reason for this.. please help.
Without seal open girl can be pregnant yes or not please tell ki bina seal tuti bina ldki k bacha ho sakta hai. Please answer
I am having a lot of pain during my periods, and I vomit also. I can not even go anywhere on my 1 st day, how can I help it.
My last period date 1 april I was done pregnancy test in 11 may it is positive but l have no any vaginal discharge my period was always irregular my doct call me in 24 th may fir ultrasound I am scared what can I do?
Myself 57 yr. Lady. Sometimes bloody discharge appears from my breast. Is it any symptom of some disease?
HI, I am 25 years old. I am married 2.5 years ago. We are practicing sex daily but no results. Is it necessary to do sex in Periods. What should we do?
Bariatric surgery refers to the procedure by which excessive fat is removed gradually within few months from an individual’s body after modification in size of stomach and modification in gut pathway and length by laproscopically (key hole surgery).
The diet that must succeed a bariatric surgery changes with time. A post bariatric surgery diet will tentatively look like:
- Initial stages: At the initial stage, eating solid food should be strictly avoided. A liquid diet with added protein can is a feasible option as long as it does not have any solid particles. The doctor may also prescribe regular and intermittent consumption at the beginning.
- Intermediary stages: The diet must be changed post second till the sixth week as the meal is made thicker. However, solid food must still be expelled. Due to the surgery, it is only normal that you would feel full after small consumption thereby, necessitating regular intake of food within short span of time.
- Final stages: Post sixth week, incorporating solid food in the diet is generally allowed by the doctors. With the introduction of fuller meals, regular intake of food should be reduced and four meals a day should be the norm.
Along with a fixed diet chart, you may also practice certain exercises to expedite the process of recovery. Some of them are:
- Light exercise: Depending on the condition, few patients may be prescribed exercises every week for an hour.
- Multiple exercises: Few, on the other hand, may be prescribed by the surgeons to exercise twice every week, generally for an hour.