Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Sushil P AdharYour feedback matters!
My eye sight is weak I have problem to see at some far I disabled to see words on black bord in my college what should I do.
A local podiatrist has preferred Isomil (Soy based) over Nan Pro for my baby. Is it advisable to go for Isomil since I see mixed reviews about Soy based formula. However she is being breast fed too with what little milk is being produced. Please advise. We are confused and concerned.
I have a saviour headache and eye pains when I rotating my eyes that pain is very paining to my eyes when I rotate my eyes so what I do? This starts from 3 days back.
Contact lenses are one of the most convenient ways to correct vision-related problems. It is easily disposable and requires least maintenance. It might have minor side effects in the form of irritations and allergies but it requires least time for adaptability. They help to correct nearsightedness and farsightedness along with astigmatism and age-related vision problems like presbyopia. Following are the benefits and harms of wearing contact lenses.
Positive effects of contact lenses
1. Better vision: Wearing contact lenses improves your vision to a great amount, especially peripheral vision. They are comfortable to wear and can correct both nearsightedness and farsightedness. They can cause discomfort initially but are more effective than glasses. Lenses are also available in bifocals and tints and can be worn for long periods of time.
2. Great for active lifestyle: Glasses can be a hindrance to sports activities and can limit your peripheral vision. Lenses on the other hand are great for an active lifestyle as they require short adaptation period. They are easy to put and take care of and do not require a lot of maintenance on your part as it needs least cleaning.
Risks of wearing contact lenses:
- Dry eyes: Dry eyes are the most common side effects of wearing contact lenses
- Infections: Contact lenses wearers are prone to infection of the cornea called keratitis. It can cause swelling, blurry vision and other problems due to lack of oxygen supply to the cornea.
- Allergic reactions: Allergic reaction to the contact lens solution can affect your vision as it causes inflammation of the eyeballs and redness. It can also cause eyelid inflammation and limit your scope of vision. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult an ophthalmologist.