Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sunitha KumarYour feedback matters!
Walking has been considered the most easy form of exercise. An average person walks about 3000-4000 steps in a day but it would be really good for your health if you can increase the number of steps up to 10,000, that’s is what every doctor advices people who want to stay active and fit.
Here’s the plethora of health benefits if you are able to walk 10,000 steps in a day.
1. You burn as much as 400 calories by walking 10,000 steps in a day
2. Helps prevent brain-shrinkage
3. Prevents osteoporosis
4. Boosts vitamin D level by exposure to sunlight
5. Tones up your muscles, legs and arms
6. Keeps your heart healthy and strengthens it
7. Keeps us mentally and physically strong
8. Reduces risk of stroke, diabetes and cancer
9. Reduces risk of early death by 30%
10. It makes your immunity grow stronger
11. It lowers disease-risk drastically
12. More beneficial for those who want to reduce weight
13. It is a good substitute for exercise
14. It helps in keeping your memory sharp
15. Increases your stamina of walking thereby increasing stamina required for physical work
16. Keeps your energy level high
17. Keeps you happy and healthy
18. It improves blood circulation
19. It lightens up your mood
20. Walking 10,000 steps also improves your sleep
You do get more or less similar benefit if do a 30-minute walk daily but walking 10,000 steps in a day is the best! As far as counting 10,000 steps is concerned various mobile apps and devices can be helpful.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Hi , I had unprotected sex with my gf on 12 of march 2016. My gf period was 6 th of March. But she was missed the period of April month nw almost 40 days over. I have doubt she may got pregnant. How to check the pregnant. If in case she is pregnant means what are possibility to cure that one please help me.
I am 28 years old married woman with no kids. Every month on 2nd day of my period I have bad pain that I have to take 2 painkillers a day. Please tell me is it something to be worried about and what should I do to reduce it ?
I hav diagnosed with pcod from last 3 years. I get my periods when I take tablets. And I am married, me and my husband planning for a baby from last 6 months but I didn't conceive yet, even I am taking treatment for pcod. And my blood report says I hav high count of LH. My husband recently diagnosed with hypothyroidism and has less sperm count, so now please suggest me what the further step? What is IUI and IVF? Please explain me in detail.
I'm feeling like pregnant but my period is due. Last time I had period on 3rd july. So should I test with preganews before 5 to 7 days before my due period date.
I am 33 year male me & my wife had unsafe sex in 23/10/2015 she forgot to take medicine & we don't except a child right now so please help us what medicine she take or anything else we do. Very urgent.
M married since last 6 month i am trying to conceive but it won't work my periods are regular but this month it was 5 days late we are doing intercourse even in fertile window but it won't work m very tense pls gave me any suggestion what to do and when.
My mother's age is 40 years. She is having thyroid problem since one year. Since three months she is having pain in the right underarm and arm area. Yesterday she found a small lump in the underarm which is painful. What might be the problem. Is it a cancer? Please reply soon. Thank you.
I am having thyroid but it's under control and I am pcos too. But I am not periods at regular intervals what can I do.
Abnormal uterine bleeding, formerly known as dysfunctional uterine bleeding, is vaginal bleeding that cannot be related to pelvic injuries, miscarriage, pregnancy or menstrual cycle.
The cycle changes and the bleeding become heavier.
Bleeding lasts for 7 days or more.
A tender or dry vagina.
Abnormal mood swings.
Excessive body hair, especially on the back, chest and face.
The ovaries do not release an egg.
Changes in the hormone level.
Lower levels of oestrogen or progesterone.
Thickening of the uterine wall in women above 40 years of age.
Certain birth control pills can also cause abnormal bleeding.
Some women also complain of abnormal bleeding in their first few weeks of pregnancy.
The physician first checks the haemoglobin levels of the woman.
An ultrasound of the pelvic region is done to check for physical injuries.
Sometimes, an endometrial biopsy (the doctor checks a sample of the endometrium, which is the lining of the uterus) is also used to test the condition of the uterine lining.
Hysteroscopy, using a hysteroscope, is used to test the insides of the uterus. A hysteroscope is a thin tube that is inserted into the vagina for the examination of cervix as well as the insides of the uterus.
Younger women in the range of 18-23 years of age are usually treated using low doses of birth control pills.
Oestrogen therapy is used.
Painkillers such as ibuprofen are also prescribed before the beginning of the menstrual periods.
The increase of ‘progesterone’ through IUD. An IUD (intrauterine device) is a contraceptive device that is inserted into the uterus.
Cyclic hormone therapy is given to women above 40 years of age (Progesterone is administered in a periodic interval, usually about 4 weeks).
Women considering pregnancy are recommended hormone therapy to increase ovulation.
- Anaemic women are given iron supplements.
My wife had 4th day transfer of 5 excellent embryo on 30th of Dec. When she will experience pregnancy symptoms if it will go positive.
Ever had tempting food calling out to you, but could not to swallow it? This could be a serious medical condition and should not be taken lightly. Sometimes, certain disorders in the throat or the esophagus culminate in acute difficulties in swallowing. Commonly termed dysphagia, this disease is directly linked to some sort of a neuro cardiac abnormality. Dysphagia is commonly noted in babies and aged people or in other words in those age groups whose immunity systems are not necessarily strong. Occasional troubles in swallowing can go unnoticed and may not necessarily raise the alarm, but if this condition prevails for a comparatively long period of time, then one really needs to get themselves checked.
Some of the most prominent causes of dysphagia have been enlisted below:
- Muscular and nervous dysfunctions: On certain occasions, the nerves and the muscles that are responsible for transporting food through the food pipe may not be functioning properly. As a consequence of which, food particles find it difficult to navigate through the esophagus and reach the stomach. Such a condition may be spurred by a stroke or nervous diseases like Parkinson's, sclerosis or dystrophy. A weak immunity system, leading to an inflammation and thus narrowing of the esophageal walls may also cause such a disease.
- Gastronomical distresses: Ulcers or inflammation of the food pipe due to some gastroenteric disorders is also a cause of dysphagia. Such a condition may arise out of innocuous situations like an allergic reaction or on account of more chronic medical distresses like cancers and tumors.
- Dryness inside the mouth: The saliva in the mouth helps in debilitating the food particles into digestible form. However, due to some kind of a hormonal imbalance, if there isn't adequate saliva formation, it becomes a task to swallow the food and results in dysphagia.
With timely diagnosis, dysphagia can be treated effectively. Treating dysphagia usually involves a few clinical methods as well as a few lifestyle changes. Certain specialists advice exercising the throat muscles that can possibly ease out swallowing while others recommend specific changes in the diet for the same. Surgical procedures involve dilation and endoscopy which clears out the surface area of the esophagus as a result of which heals dysphagia to a great extent. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Ent specialist.
A tumor may be defined as an abnormal unwanted growth of tissue in any part of the body. This word need not immediately cause panic because the tumor may or may not cause a health threat. There are three types of tumors:
- Benign tumor: This is a noncancerous type of tumor. In our body, new cells are formed while the old ones called dead ones are disposed by our immune system. When this disposal of cells does not occur, the remaining dead cells form a lump, which is called a benign tumor. They are not dangerous since, they do not contain harmful fluids and do not spread. A person suffering from a benign tumor in the brain may have frequent headaches.
- Pre-malignant tumor: It is an initial disorder, or an earlier symptom of cancer manifestation. The inclination of this medical condition is that it will progressively become precarious. This is so because it is capable of conquering neighboring tissues and spreading as well. Leukoplakia is a form of premalignant cancer. They evolve as thick white patches inside the cheeks or on gums below the tongue. These patches are very difficult to be scraped off from the mouth. They are caused mainly due to chewing tobacco and smoking, and if left untreated can expand.
- Malignant tumor: These are the cancerous tumors, in which cells multiply abnormally and rapidly. They are unstable and travel along bloodstream, circulatory system and lymphatic system to other parts of the body. Sarcomas and carcinomas are the most common types of malignant tumors. While the former is related to connective tissues the latter is related to organs and glands.
The most common procedure to name the type of cancer is to refer to their site of origin. Adenocarcinoma, refers to cancer in the adenoid glands. Similarly, a benign tumor of fatty tissue is called lipoma, where as a malignant tumor in the same area is referred to as liposarcoma.
What is a biopsy? How does it relate to a tumor?
A Biopsy is a medical procedure practised by qualified medical practitioners. This procedure helps in identifying the type of tumor within a patient. It aids the doctor to conclude the type of treatment to be given to any patient. This procedure is a definite diagnosis to the identification of cancer. A Biopsy is the removal of a sample of the abnormal, unwanted tissue for laboratory examination. Biopsies are of different types, and they may be performed using ultrasound, CT scan or MRI depending on where the tumor is.
- Excisional biopsy: In this method the entire lump of excess tissue is removed.
- Incisional biopsy: Here a sample of the abnormal tissue is removed surgically.
- Needle aspiration biopsy: Here the sample is extracted with the help of a needle.
After extraction, the tissue layers are sent to pathological departments to check their composition, and cause of disease.
While many of us wish we could stay under the shower all day in the summers, winters and lazy Sundays find many of us making excuses to skip a shower. However, having a shower not only keeps you clean, it also plays an important part in keeping you healthy and fit. According to Ayurveda, a morning shower is an essential part of the daily routine and is considered as a therapeutic activity. Here are a few reasons you should never skip a morning shower.
- It calms your muscles: A shower reduces tension in your muscles and can help relax sore muscles. It also helps increase flexibility and muscle elasticity. If you’ve slept awkwardly and woken up with a stiff neck, a shower can help ease the stress and make you more comfortable. Thus, a simple shower could save you a trip to the physiotherapist.
- Showers boost circulation: Showering with warm water increases blood circulation and ensures that even cells in your extremities receive nutrition. Increased blood circulation also reduces pressure on your heart and protects you against a number of cardio vascular ailments.
- It boosts the immune system: The core function of taking a shower is to clean the body. This reduces the number of bacteria and fungal cells that can infect you. A cold shower also stimulates the vascular and lymph system and promotes the production of white blood cells that fight infections. Showering also helps eliminate toxins that are released along with sweat.
- Elevates the mood: If you’re feeling blue, a shower may be what you need. Having a cold water shower activates the nervous system and increases the amounts of chemicals such as beta endorphins and noradrenaline in the blood. These chemicals help fight depression and elevate the mood. Additionally, a cold water shower also sends electrical impulses that have an anti-depressive effect from the brain.
- Improves lung functionality: When you put your head under water, you are forced to breathe differently. Showering makes you take a deep breath and hold it in for a few seconds before exhaling. This action opens up your lungs and increases your oxygen intake.
- It makes you more sociable: It’s simple; when you bathe, you smell good. This makes people want to be around you and boosts your confidence. You’re also less worried about your hair looking oily or your shoulders being dusted with dandruff when you’ve taken a shower and hence can focus your attention on conversations. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda and ask a free question.
I am 26 years old. Suffering from vaginal infection for last 1 year almost Go and come again situation Used medicines like AF 150 azithromycin Candi force But it comes again every month What to do?
Explained some of home remedies used in different chronic disorder, used it to avoid such disorder more details available on our website - www.jeevaniya.com