Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sunitha KumarYour feedback matters!
I am a 21 year old girl. I am sexually active and it has been 10 days since my periods should start but I have not seen any symptoms of periods. What should I do?
Me and my wife intercourse on 1july 2017 and his pregnancy date was 16-17 but he his periods dosent comes this time and she feels tired Ness and feel she is pregnant but we are not ready to baby right now so we want to abort 17 -25 days baby so we think medical abortions but feel that it doesn't safe so please help me how to abort r is it safe medical termination and after termination bleeding how to stop?
When endometrial tissue goes out of the uterus in women, then endometriosis occurs. In most of the cases, lower tummy and pelvic areas of women show the prominent symptoms of this disease. Symptoms of this disease can either be severe or mild, but immediate medical diagnosis is required so that unwanted symptoms can be effectively prevented.
Surgery, hormone treatment and painkillers are the most prominent treatments that can deal with the concerned trouble, but you can also follow a few natural therapies in this respect. Excessive intake of contraceptive pills can be one of the leading reasons for endometriosis, but you can also inherit this from your family or ancestors.
List of the symptoms of Endometriosis:
- Painful periods: If pain continues throughout the periods, then you get yourself checked as you may have developed endometriosis. These pains can even be quite severe making the situation troublesome to bear. If you find that you are facing unusual menstrual pain, then you should not delay and rather immediately consult your nearest gynaecologist.
- Bleeding periods: Sometimes, bleeding periods can be one of the clear symptoms that can help you to recognize the arrival of endometriosis. Therefore, if you notice excessive bleeding, then you should consult any specialized doctor immediately.
- Pregnancy difficulty: Reduced fertility might create a greater trouble for conceiving, and thus, you might get deprived bearing children. This is one of the most prominent or highlighting symptoms of endometriosis. Endometriosis clumps interrupt egg passage as a result, of which the eggs cannot reach the fallopian tube via ovary. You can take the help of your gynaecologist so that the clumps can be reduced with the help of proper treatments.
- Pelvic area and abdomen pain: You will often experience a worse kind of pain, especially in the pelvic and abdomen areas during and before periods. Sometimes, the pain might even linger after the menstrual period is over. There are many women who take medications for reducing this kind of pain, but this is not the right procedure, rather proper treatment is needed for getting complete recovery on a permanent note.
- Painful sex: You will face a lot of troubles while making intercourse or sexual interaction with your partner, and this pain can be even severe at times. If you are facing painful sex for a long time, then you should immediately report the same to any experienced medical professional.
I am 36 yrs old women I have my monthly period for 2 or 3 days Pls is it safe or pls suggest me medicines to it.
I am 27 years old female and I am pregnant. This is my first pregnancy. My last period first day was 9 th august'2014. What should be my due date? and what are the exact signs of labour?
Hi, I am suffering from burning and itching in the vulva and vagina Large amounts of discharge Red, inflamed, painful agonizing mucous membranes Appearance of lesions Odor Abnormal bleeding Bleeding after sexual activities Dry vagina. Please help.
My wife had her period on 27 February and it continued till 1st March. We had unprotected sex on the 4th March. She later took unwanted 72 on 5th march in the evening. She did not have her normal period and on 1st April she had her pregnancy test done at home by using a pregnancy kit, it was negative. She still doesn't have periods. Really worried please help How long can her periods delay?
Hi, I am 23 years old married women. Past last4 months I am trying to get pregnant. But every month am getting my periods. I don't know what is the reason. My weight is 66. Might be weight also one of the reason or not. I don't know. Now my period date is 13th oct. Please tell me when is my ovulation date.
Fiber is a type of carbohydrate that is found in plant foods. It passes through the body undigested, keeping your digestive system clean and healthy, easing bowel movements, and flushing cholesterol and toxins out of the body.
Good sources include
Bran-- oat bran, wheat bran, rice bran.
Beans--- black beans, lentils, kidney beans, white beans, french beans, mung beans, yellow beans.
Whole wheat--- barley, popcorn, oats, millet, wheat flour (whole wheat), brown rice, bread (whole wheat), wheat crackers, spaghetti (whole wheat).
Fruits--- banana, pear, orange, apple, strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, peaches, figs.
Nuts--- almonds, pistachios, cashews, peanuts, walnuts, raisins, sesame seeds, flaxseed.
Vegetables--- spinach, broccoli, mustard greens, red cabbage, sprouts, green peas, cauliflower, zucchini, sweet potato.
In general, the more natural and unprocessed the food, the higher it is in fiber.
Dietary fiber, along with a well balanced diet, is important for good health.
Your daily dose should be 25 to 30 grams of fiber.
It is an important nutrient with many health benefits.
Digestive system--- fiber normalizes bowel movements and relieve constipation, inflammation of the intestine, hemorrhoids, gallstones, kidney stones, irritable bowel syndrome (ibs), gastroesophageal reflux disorder (gerd) and ulcers.
Heart disease--- eating a diet high in fiber can improve cholesterol levels by lowering ldl (bad) cholesterol and improve levels of hdl (good) cholesterol, reduce risk for metabolic syndrome, coronary heart disease and stroke, lower blood pressure and reduce inflammation.
Diabetes--- diet high in fibre can lower risk for type 2 diabetes.
Cancer--- high fiber rich diet can help prevent colorectal cancer and also lower risk for other common digestive system cancers, including stomach, mouth, and pharynx.
Skin health--- when yeast and fungus are excreted through the skin, they can trigger outbreaks or acne and eating fiber can flush toxins out of body, improving the health and appearance of the skin.
Weight loss--- aiding digestion and preventing constipation, fiber adds bulk to the diet, help in losing weight and maintaining a healthy weight. Since fiber stays in the stomach longer, the feeling of fullness will stay much longer and will eat less.
Hi I want to know about her period too her age is 44 she has a lot of bleeding and pain while in periods and she have regular periods so why does she has so much pain and bleeding.
With some exceptions, it’s best to get your vitamins and minerals from your food rather than in pill form. Here are some tips for getting the top vitamins your immune system needs to perform.
a. Vitamin C : You probably know about vitamin C’s connection to the immune system, but did you know you can get it from much more than just citrus fruits? Leafy green vegetables such as spinach and kale, bell peppers, brussels sprouts, strawberries and papaya are also excellent sources. In fact, vitamin C is in so many foods that most people may not need to take supplements unless a doctor advises it.
b. Vitamin E: Like vitamin C, vitamin E can be a powerful antioxidant that helps your body fight off infection. Almonds, peanuts, hazelnuts and sunflower seeds are all high in vitamin E. So are spinach and broccoli if you prefer to increase your intake through meals rather than snacks.
c. Vitaamin B6 : This important vitamin — part of nearly 200 biochemical reactions in your body — is critical in how your immune system functions. Foods high in vitamin B6 include bananas, lean chicken breast, cold-water fish such as tuna, baked potatoes and chickpeas.
d. Vitamin A : For vitamin A, go colorful. Foods that are high in colorful compounds called carotenoids — carrots, sweet potatoes, pumpkin, cantaloupe and squash — are all great options. The body turns these carotenoids into vitamin A, and they have an antioxidant effect to help strengthen the immune system against infection.
e. Vitamin D : As mentioned above, it’s best to get most of your vitamins from food, but vitamin D may be the exception to that rule. You can increase your intake through foods such as fatty fish (salmon, mackerel, tuna and sardines) and fortified foods such as milk, orange juice and cereals. Many people have a hard time absorbing vitamin D from food, so if you have a vitamin D deficiency, talk to your doctor about supplements.
f. Folic acid : Folate is the natural form, and folic acid is the synthetic form, often added to foods because of its health benefits. To get more folate, add more beans and peas to your plate on a regular basis, as well as leafy green vegetables. You can also get folic acid in fortified foods (check the label) such as enriched breads, pastas, rice and other 100 percent whole-grain products.
g. Iron : helps your body carry oxygen to cells, comes in different forms. Your body can more easily absorb “heme iron,” which is abundant in lean poultry such as chicken and turkey, plus seafood. But never fear, vegetarians: You can get other forms of iron in beans, broccoli and kale.
h. Selenium seems to have a powerful effect on the immune system, including the potential to slow the body’s over-active responses to certain aggressive forms of cancer. You can find it in garlic, broccoli, sardines, tuna, brazil nuts and barley, among other foods.
i. Zinc : You can find zinc in oysters, crab, lean meats and poultry, baked beans (skip the kind with added sugar), yogurt and chickpeas. Zinc appears to help slow down the immune response and control inflammation in your body.
For disease specific diets you can consult me personally also.
Eat healthy live healthy
Dr. Shilpa Sharma
Is there any chance of getting pregnant by taking ipill within 2 hrs of unprotected sex. And that too on unfertile day?
Tomorrow my 6 week of pregnancy Will complete. Today I had done scan but doctor was saying ki my yolk sac is not visible is there any problem or it can be delay sometime. G sac is visible and it's diameter is 16.5. please suggest what is the reason and what precaution I should take. I had miscarriage 9th December and after that my menstrual period has not resume then I had done upt on 19th January and it was positive.
This green gourd may be bitter in taste, but is packed with so many benefits, people who use it swear by it. Whether it is diabetes or asthma, the green bitter gourd has helped in many ways. Read on to know some of the health benefits of this wonder gourd. Hope that makes you learn to relish it beyond its bitter taste.
- Weight management: 100 g of the vegetable contains just about 20 calories, and is one of the best low-calorie foods. Coupled with its other benefits (listed below), this should find its way to anyone wanting to improve overall health
- Diabetes: Karela has the chemical polypeptide-P which is also known as plant insulin. It works as insulin and helps in blood sugar control. A glass of bitter gourd juice is one of the most well-known and successful home remedies for diabetics.
- Rich in folate: Bitter gourds are rich in folates and one can get up to 20% of the recommended daily from about 100 g of this vegetable. Widely used in menstruating women and pregnancy to prevent anemia and blood iron levels. In pregnancy, it also helps reduce neural tube defects in the developing baby
- Loaded with antioxidants: Alpha and beta carotenes, xanthenes, and lutein. All these help in controlling the release of free radicals and reduce bodily inflammation. This is the most important reason for the development of diseases like diabetes, cancer, and premature ageing. Therefore, bitter gourd helps in preventing and/or prolonging the onset of these diseases. Another independent antioxidant is vitamin C, and about 100 g of karela provides more than 100% of daily required dose
- Good for digestion: Bitter gourd is widely used for its digestive properties. It improves mobility, relieves constipation, and reduces problems of indigestion
- Good for respiratory system: Respiratory benefits of bitter gourd include clearing up of sputum, improving breathing, and relief from cough. Widely used in asthma patients
- Blood purifier: It is an excellent blood purifier and juice consumed in the morning is one of the best ways to detox the body
Though still to be proven, karela is known to help HIV/AIDS patients, as they contain phytochemicals, which improve immunity and reduce overall infection and inflammation in the body
Methods of Use:
- Both the leaves and the bitter gourd per se can be consumed for their health benefits
- The juice is the most beneficial method, though it might take you some time to acquire this taste. Whether it is for weight loss or diabetes, this offers the best medicinal value
- Curries are usually prepared with karela in different styles depending on cooking preferences in that area
- It can also be baked, boiled, and fried. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.
I am 24 years of age. I face issues of white discharge on daily basis. I want to know the permanent cure of this? Is it possible to cure it permanently through Ayurveda?
My self Viren. I m married from last 2 years. In between my wife conceive once but due to some medical issues. Our cases not success. I hav 1 query wat is the main cause or reason. without heartbeat baby egg formation.
My last period date is 10 Jan.My period is irregular . My next period is not coming. To get chance to be pregnant. I feel various symptoms. My right leg is fully pain
Alzheimer's Disease is a neurological problem that is characterised by a cognitive decline and memory loss. It is a type of neurodegenerative dementia. The symptoms of Alzheimer's Disease include not being able to absorb and retain new information, lack of reasoning and judging, not being able to take on complex tasks, impaired visuospatial abilities, problems in reading, writing and speech, among many others. If a person has at least two of these symptoms in a debilitating manner, then the diagnosis can be made in favour of Alzheimer's Disease. The main causes of Alzheimer's are shrinkage of the brain size and death of the brain cells. The immune system is also said to trigger this neurodegenerative disease.
Let us find out what medical science has found so far:
- Connections: Many a times, in Alzheimer's disease, the memory and behaviour of the person changes because the brain is unable to make proper neural connections which can lead to memory loss of how a person behaved and the elements that formed the basis of the patient's cognition. Apparently, the immune system behaves in the same way within the brain and blocks the connection. This happens because there is constant communication between the brain and immune system along neurological lines, which is where the disease first emanates.
- Inflammation: The brain is prone to inflammation or swelling that is not the normal kind. This inflammation happens as a result of the activation of the infection fighting neurotransmitters and the chemical changes that happen in the brain when an infection strikes. The inflammation usually happens in the plaques or clumps which the brain tries to protect. These clumps are made up of a protein called Amyloid. The immune system is responsible for creating this inflammation in the brain of the patient.
- Pattern Recognition Receptors: Many of these receptors work in different manners and cooperate with each other to create a response in the brain. These PRRs can be found in the brain plaques, and they develop the signs of danger which further fuels the inflammation in the brain as a matter of protection.
- Activation of Cells Linked with the Immune System: When the PRRs begin to respond, it basically activates the immune system and the cells of the same. This is the basic reaction that causes the changes in brain which then leads to the attachment of the protein to the tissue that is diseased, in which case Alzheimer's Disease starts. The inflammation that we had spoken about earlier basically happens in the nervous tissue.
It is important to recognise and act on the initial signs of Alzheimer's Disease before it progresses beyond one's control. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Neurosurgeon.