Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sunitha Kumar
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sunitha KumarYour feedback matters!
Sir. Daily I normally passed urine but today I got too much pain in the penis when I passed urine. I saw little bleeding came with urine at last when almost urine passing is finished. Sir why its happens and what treatment can I get. please sir help me.
I had sex 10 days back. My period which was due about 2 weeks back has not come. Seems I am pregnant. Please suggest ways to terminate pregnancy at this stage.
Hi, my name is anusha I am married and completed 2 yrs. Now we want kids can you suggest how to plan for kids and what type of food we should take. My period cycle is between 29-31.
Hi, Menstrual cycle issues for a 30 year old mother of 2 kids since the last few months. Slight spotting noticed around 15 days after monthly pms PET scan results is normal. Gyno prescribed hormone estrogen tabs for 3 months but not comfortable with allopathy medicine. Is there an appreciate an ayurvedic medicine for this problem.
I have uterus cancer and done radiation therapy and chemo therapy before 6 years. I regularly go through the check up and I have noticed little bit of vaginal discharge from 3 days which I did not seen after my treatment. Is this normal or my cancer is recurring? Please help me.
I have always confusion regarding period that my period is how many days actually I have 3 days heavy period and after then its come little fie 2 days in which pad is not required so can you tell me my period is days or 5 days how I calculate this for safe sex.
Health problems caused by not drinking enough water
Our body is made up of almost 70% water and while we can live without food for a few days at least, it is important to replenish your water needs every day. If you miss drinking enough water even for a day, you will notice a change. And the ill effects of not drinking enough water can be severe and should not be taken lightly.
You might have to face these 5 health problems if you are not drinking enough water:
- Constipation: If your body is not getting enough water, it will not be able to digest well because our bodies need right amount of liquid to process the foods we eat. When the stomach is constipated, digestive juices are secreted in lesser quantity, thus leading to other digestive disorders.
- Weight gain: Many a times, we eat or feel hungry just a while after eating. This is not really hunger and actually means that the body needs water. A dehydrated body often sends misleading signals which is misinterpreted as hunger and we end up gaining unnecessary weight.
- Cholesterol and changes in blood pressure: When we don't drink enough water, the water reserve in the body gets used up resulting in there not being enough for the capillaries, veins and arteries. This results in blood pressure going high and/or low. Similarly, the cells of the body get dehydrated and in an attempt to stop this, the body starts producing cholesterol more than what's required.
- Dryness of the skin and other problems: Apart from through urine, our body also loses water in the form of sweat. This needs to be replenished or the skin starts becoming dry, lips are chapped and we even experience an increase in hair fall. Not drinking enough water also leads to premature aging and graying.
- Infections: It is important to urinate frequently because through urine, our body releases toxins which are not needed for the body. If you don't drink enough water, you won't urinate enough and might end up with problems like UTI and cystitis.
Hello I had a scan on 11th day my egg size was 18*25 in left ovary. Anyone please tell me what is the meaning of 18*25 mm? whether it means there are 2 eggs in my ovary or 1 egg. Please explain.
Hi doctor Me and my husband had intercourse with a condom and I am on lactation. My periods are late. Is there a chance of pregnancy. Wic medicine could be taken to start my period as I am breast feeding.
Menstruation is the monthly discharge of blood from the vagina, which lasts for about 5 to 6 days. It is the shedding of the inner lining of the uterus, when pregnancy does not occur after the release of egg from the ovary. Menstrual periods are generally often accompanied by painful cramps in the lower abdomen, heavy bleeding, weakness, water retention, irritability and malaise.
What is Menorrhagia?
Very heavy or prolonged periods are medically termed as menorrhagia. It is abnormally heavy bleeding if there is a requirement to change sanitary napkins or tampons several times within a very short span of time. Passing large blood clots, night time bleeding, bleeding for over 7 -8 days, are other symptoms that one might be suffering from menorrhagia.
Common Causes Behind It
Menorrhagia is mostly a cause of hormonal imbalances, particularly in the levels of estrogens and progesterone.
Fibroids, cysts or polyps in the organs of the reproductive system, which includes the uterus, ovaries or fallopian tubes.
History of miscarriage or failed pregnancies.
Use of contraceptives
How can you treat heavy bleeding during menses
Change of diet: You must include more minerals, iron, magnesium and calcium in your diet. Your diet must comprise a lot of green vegetables, fresh fruits and dairy products.
Some non steroidal anti inflammatory drugs such as ibuprofen may be prescribed to reduce the blood loss.
Certain hormonal therapies to regulate the hormonal imbalances and menstrual irregularities.
Home remedies such as intake of certain herbs, ginger and coriander seeds help to control heavy bleeding.
Increasing magnesium intake to balance out levels of oestrogen.
It is best to stick to natural remedies, as it generally does not create complications in other bodily functions.
If the bleeding cannot be controlled even after a change of diet and home remedies, you must consult the gynaecologist as soon as possible. Heavy bleeding is a serious problem, especially if accompanied by dizziness, fluctuations in the blood pressure, nausea and weight loss. Severe cramps and constant bleeding can hinder daily routine, therefore, the earlier you receive medical attention, the quicker you will get relief.