Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sunita V BansodeYour feedback matters!
Indoor plants are not just meant for embellishing your interior spaces. They have other qualities as well. They can interact with your mind and body and better your life with their healing qualities. Here's how they can benefit your health:
- They make breathing easy: Do you remember your old science lessons in school? Well, you must know that plants release oxygen into the atmosphere and absorb carbon dioxide during photosynthesis. Human beings do the reverse during respiration or breathing. During night, plants respire like us and absorb oxygen as photosynthesis halts. But there are few plants like orchids, succulents and epiphytic bromeliads do the opposite bit by releasing oxygen even at night. You can keep these plants in the bedroom to increase the oxygen supply around you. This helps your breathing and keeps you fit.
- Add moisture to the air: Plants release water in the form of vapour during photosynthesis and respiration. This leads to increase in the moisture content of air. They are known to release about 90% of the water consumed by them. Therefore, if you keep plants inside your house, your respiratory troubles will be reduced by a great extent. The moisture laden air around you will heal and help your respiratory tract. According to a study by the Agricultural University of Norway, the possibility of developing conditions like dry skin, sore throats and dry coughs is reduced.
- Natural purification of air: It has been claimed by researchers that plants can remove about 87 percent of toxins from the surrounding air in a day. These toxins are called volatile organic compounds (VOCs). VOCs include formaldehyde, benzene and trichloroethylene.
- Health booster: It influences the overall health of an individual. It has been found by researchers that surgical patients improve faster in rooms with plants. They feel energetic; have proper heart rate and blood pressure. Ayurveda Science tells us that a green and airy ambience is pleasing to the mind. It helps in insomnia, hyperacidity and is an excellent aphrodisiac!
- Increases concentration power: A study by The Royal College of Agriculture in Circencester, England, claims that indoor plants helps in increasing the concentration power in individuals. They make you relaxed and leave a positive impact on your mind. You are filled with optimistic energy and able to focus in life better. It can take away stress from your life. People who keep indoor plants in their houses are usually satisfied with life.
Thus, indoor plants can bring positivity in your life. They can definitely give you mental and physical bliss. They are not just a splash of greenery with decorative significance. They are your companions for life and agents of good health. Keep yourself free from stress and strains of daily lives by maintaining your indoor garden. Remember, a single plant indoor can give you millions of reason to smile and cheer for.
Yesterday I fell from my cycle very badly. Now I have got my face scraped that is 2 scraps on my right cheek. Is it good to wash my face with soap now? How can I recover from this injury? How many days will it take for the original skin to form again? Please help me. I am really worried. Also tell me if I have to take any tablets.
Sir, i am not getting periods regularly. after scaning doctor said iam having water bubbles. due to that only u r not getting pregency also they told. iam using medicians fom 4months but there no result. no pregency & no periods also from nov onwards. suggest me.
My periods are reduced from 4 days to one day. 6 months later from my first delivery. And it's continuing since 13 years. I also feel tired many times! What shall I do to get the normal periods as it was before.
I want to ask that my monthly menses ends only in 2-3 days maximum and I am only 23 right now and unmarried so is it normal or will become any issue in future.
My lover is studying college, Yesterday I tried protected Sex with her. During Insertion it makes highly pained to her. How can reduce the pain and smooth sex. Can we try Unprotected sex.
What is best method to check pregnancy. My wife is 51 years and her period not. Stopped yet. We take precautions but failed to take this tome. Is there chance of pregnancy. If yes how to check. Her last period from 1-3 Jan.
Sir girlfriend ke period chal rahe the or maine tab hii sex kar Liya or mera viry uske under Nikal gya or maine usko i.p.l tablet de di to kuch hoga to nahi na sir Mai bhut tanstion Mai huu please meri help karoo.
Sir I am unmarried and I have did sex with one girl with out condom ,and after 1 month my marriage was fixed ,so I will do sex with my wife .then I will get. R she will get HIV r Aids. Sir plzz help mee sir .
I want to know symptoms of pregnancy? I mean to say the symptoms that says she's pregnant? How many symptoms are there?
I am late by 56 days periods since my last periods hence is there anything to know weather I am pregnant I have done 2 hcg test both are negative. And severe back pain and face is enlarged.
Hello Ma'am, I am planning to conceive. We started trying in last year April. I have minor PCOD problem also. I am married since June 2011. I got pregnant in Jan 2013 but after normal delivery. My baby died due to birth asphyxia. Then due to depression and health I stopped trying for another baby for 1.5 years. Then started trying for baby in April 2015. But till date there is no good news. Please suggest.
Hi. My sister is suffering from normal white discharge. Nd she's 16 year old. Will I please know which tablet should be taken to stop. Please help.
My wife had normal delivery, but my baby was expired after 3 days some infection and sepsis problem and how to start planing for best timing new baby, so baby and mother no effect for body, and how to start sex after normal delivery,
I did sex on 15 may before 1 day of my periods and took ipill and I got periods on 18 may it lasted till 24 may. I got heavy discharge. Now its 27 June I haven't got my periods. I don't want to be pregnant. Why my periods is delayed. please help me.
Dear sir my wife periods come on every 1st of the month but this month it does not come, we had checked the pregnancy with using pregnancy kit but their it mention a single line which indicate my wife is not pregnant, so please tell what can I do for getting started her mc which fails to come till today's date.
The spine lends structural stability and balance to our body helping us stand upright, while allowing flexibility in various movements. Moreover, it forms a protective canal in which the spinal cord, the most important part of the neural network, flows down from the brain to the rest of our body. The spinal column is an interconnected structure of bony (vertebrae) and cartilage tissues (intervertebral discs) and it is prone to age related wear and tear. Read through to learn more about a herniated disc, its manifestations and treatment options, with special reference to a minimally invasive surgical technique called endoscopic discectomy.
What is a herniated disc?
First, let’s understand an intervertebral disc. It is essentially a disc shaped, rubber like tough and flexible structure made of outer layers of fibrous cartilage with a softer gel like tissue in the centre. A disc lies between two adjoining vertebral bones of the spine and acts as a shock absorber. This disc undergoes wear and tear changes (degeneration) after a certain age. When the degenerated disc is subjected to any external strain or injury, the substance from the central part of the disc comes out through the tears in the outer fibrous layers. This condition is called a herniated disc. It is also referred to as prolapsed or slipped disc. A disc prolapse can occur in any part of the vertebral column; but, mostly observed in the lumbar (lower back) or in cervical (neck) region.
What happens when an intervertebral disc herniates?
When the inner disc material protrudes through the disc surface, it may pinch or irritate the nerve roots it comes in contact with. It also elicits a severe inflammatory chemical response in that area. If this happens in the lumbar spine, it induces symptoms such as:
Pain in the back, pain running down the leg, weakness of the muscles in the leg supplied by the affected nerve root, numbness or tingling sensation in the respective part of the leg. Loss of bladder and bowel control if a large disc prolapse compresses multiple nerve roots.
If you feel recurring radiating pain in any of the body parts, it would be a good call to see a spine specialist.
What causes disc herniation?
Disc herniation happens as a result of degeneration that is mostly related to the genetic composition of the person. Smoking is another well established factor that causes disc degeneration. Other factors also play a role in the process of wear and tear of the discs. Though the exact reason is hard to pick, disc herniation may be precipitated by strain on the spine during physical work, certain kind of frequent body movements or spinal injury due to any accident. Sometimes adopting improper body posture for physically demanding jobs of time may result in this condition.
What are the treatment options for herniated disc condition?
Most cases of disc herniation can be treated medically with rest, pain relievers, anti-inflammatory medication and physiotherapy. But, if the symptoms persist or the pain is severe or if it is affecting the nerve function causing numbness and weakness, it needs surgical intervention.
Minimally invasive (endoscopic) spine surgery
Spine surgery is generally adopted as the last resort to treat painful disc prolapse that do not respond to medication for a longer period (usually 3 months). Rarely, a severe nerve compression causing weakness of muscles or severe sciatica may need surgical treatment straight away. Conventional open surgery involves cutting the muscles and removing some portion of bone in the spine, which has its own complications and disadvantages. But, the advent of high definition image guided systems and surgical tools, now-a-days spine surgery for herniated discs can be done with minimal invasion.
Endoscopic discectomy for herniated disc is a minimally invasive spine surgery carried out through a small on the back. It involves removal of herniated disc material that protrudes and compresses the adjacent nerve roots, through specially designed spine endoscopes that help in clear visualization of the structures. Instead of cutting the muscles in an open surgery, endoscopic surgery involves dilation of the muscles causing much less damage and procedure related pain. It can also be performed under local anesthesia as a day care procedure in suitable patients.
Hypertension or high blood pressure is common in pregnant women, even in those who have no previous history of high blood pressure. This leads to complications in about 6 to 10% of all pregnancies around the world. High blood pressure may develop before or after conception and as such needs special medical attention.
Hypertension prevents sufficient flow of blood to the placenta and this inhibits the normal growth of the fetus. This could result in low birth weight of the child. However, if diagnosed in time and treated properly, hypertension does not affect the child's health too much. There are various types of hypertension during pregnancies, such as:
- Gestational hypertension: This type of hypertension is developed about 20 weeks after conception. There is no abnormality in urine or any signs of other organ damage (as is common with hypertension during pregnancy) but the condition can worsen and complicate very quickly. Pregnant women below the age of 20 and above the age of 40 are often diagnosed with high levels of blood pressure. Women who have heart or kidney conditions before pregnancy and women carrying more than one child are also likely to develop gestational hypertension.
- Chronic hypertension: Chronic hypertension is high blood pressure which develops around 20 weeks before conception and does not normalize within 12 weeks after childbirth. The patient may also have been suffering from high blood pressure for a long time but the complications appear only during pregnancy because high blood pressure rarely exhibits symptoms without an associated condition.
- Chronic hypertension superimposed with Preeclampsia: Women who have hypertension before pregnancy may develop even higher blood pressure levels during pregnancy. This leads to several health disorders like frequent headaches, fatigue and depression.
- Preeclampsia: Preeclampsia is often a serious complication of gestational pregnancy and affects about 5% to 7% of all pregnancies globally. Gestational pregnancy does not always develop into preeclampsia but it needs to be diagnosed and treated in time to avoid the complication. Women who have conceived for the first time or have a history of hypertension in the family are at a greater risk of preeclampsia. The symptoms of the condition are throbbing headaches, blurred vision, nausea and vomiting, pain in the upper abdominal region and shortness of breath.