Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Sunita Singh RathourYour feedback matters!
Hi doc I am married female trying to conceive from one year no problem was diagnosed during follicular study hsg sperm count all are normal but I have white discharge from 10 the day of my cycle till next period date can it affect my conception please help or suggest me any treatment or tablets so that I can get pregnant in next month.
We are not able to have intercourse due to immense pain experienced by my wife. Is it normal. Can my wife conceive without penetration?
Is getting menstrual periods after 3 months safe? what can be wrong in my body that I didnt get my periods for 3 months?
Hello doctor, I saw discharge from my nipple by pressing it I am planning a family is it tat something related to it or not pls tell me. And another problem I m having is tat I got a knot (gath) on my uterus is tat something worried to it. My age is 25yrs. Please rply.
How can I increase my sperm count? And my wife has low AMH. If there are any process to increase her AMH? Can we get any child normally other than IVF?
5 Shocking things contraceptive pills can do to you
Around 150 million women worldwide take birth control pills on a regular basis. However, most of them are unaware of the side-effects these pills can have on their health. Read on to find out how your birth control pill is harming you!
1. It may cause inconsistency in your menstrual cycle
You might miss your periods under the prescription of these pills. They can also decrease the flow during your periods and can cause alterations in your menstrual cycle, resulting in either more or less frequent periods.
2. It may also trigger false premenstrual syndrome symptoms
When you first start taking birth control pills you may suffer PMS symptoms like headaches, breast tenderness, water retention, mood swings, intolerable pain and even nausea. Usually these are false alarms, and have nothing to do with PMS whatsoever.
3. It may decrease your libido
The hormones present in a contraceptive pill can affect your sex drive or libido. A 2010 study, published in the Journal of Sexual Medicine, tested 1,086 women who took contraceptives regularly and found out that 32.4% of them were at high risk of developing female sexual dysfunction.
4. It may lead to multiple aches and pains
Birth control pills may result in various aches like abdominal or stomach pains, chest pains, and headaches. It can even cause eye problems such as blurred vision or changes in power and swelling in your legs.
5. It may increase the risk of breast cancer
Although the pill has been proven to decrease the risk of ovarian, colon and endometrial cancer; it can increase your chances of suffering from breast cancer. A Scandinavian study showed that the longer women were on the pill, the higher their chances became of being diagnosed with this deadly disease. However, the relation between the two is yet to be established.
To avert such possible health risks of oral contraception you can consider birth control alternatives like male or female condoms, vaginal diaphragm, cervical cap and spermicidal cream or jelly. These alternatives are highly effective as well as safe in controlling and preventing unplanned pregnancies.
I am 25 year's female, I am in a relationship with my boyfriend from last 5 years. And some time we make sexual relation between each other, but by mistakenly I have got pregnant about 1.5 months right now through my previous relation with my boyfriend. We both are career seekers and can't think about baby on this stage, my family is also too rude to tell. So I want to abort this, please Dr. Help and tell me about some medicine, with help of I abort this pregnancy. Please help me. .
I'm having delayed irregular periods problem. Unless I'm affected by thyroid please tell me what are symptoms of it?
Meri delivery ko 3 months ho chuke hai but even now I have weakness and jaldi tired ho jati hu give your prescription.
Most people, at some point of time, have been affected by allergic reactions. An allergic reaction is a hypersensitive reaction triggered by an Allergen (substance that has the potential to trigger an allergic reaction). Allergies can be Perennial or Seasonal. Perennial allergies are not season specific and can occur throughout the year.
Seasonal allergies, on the other hand, are season specific, for example, Hay fever (triggered by pollens) is a common allergic reaction during the spring season.
A number of substances can act as a potential allergen, triggering a hypersensitive reaction in a person. The allergens can be
- Environmental factors, such as pollen, dust mites, sunlight, fur of some animals, or mold
- Certain foodstuffs like milk and dairy products, peanuts, wheat, soy, tomatoes, eggplant, alcohol or shellfish.
- Synthetic and natural substances like pesticides, nickel, latex
- Certain medications like sulfa drugs, penicillin
- Animal stings; mostly wasps and bees, can also trigger an allergic reaction.
The allergic reactions affecting a person can vary depending on the source of the allergen. It can be a skin allergy, nasal and cough allergy, food allergy or a dust allergy. The best way to treat an allergic reaction is to identify the allergen involved. Homeopathic treatments are very effective against allergic reactions. Though time consuming; homeopathic treatment provides long lasting and permanent relief. In addition, the homeopathic medicines have no harmful side effects. No wonder, more and more people are going for homeopathic treatments.
The following homeopathic medicines, if taken regularly and diligently, can successfully treat a number of allergic reactions:
- Arsenic Album: Many people suffer from watery eyes, continuous sneezing, running nose accompanied by a burning sensation. These all are signs of a nasal allergy. Arsenic Album is an effective homeopathic option against nasal allergy.
- Sulphur: It provides great relief from skin allergies. Sulphur is a boon for people suffering from very dry and itchy skin.
- Natrum Mur: It is an effective homeopathic (natural) medicine against nasal and skin allergies.
- Pulsatilla, Natrum Carb and Aethusa Cynapium: These homeopathic medicines act as a blessing for people suffering from milk allergy.
- Urtica Urens: If you are allergic to shellfish, Urtica Urens is just for you.
- Bromium and Lycopersicum: they are very effective against dust allergies. Arsenic Album is also an excellent option.
There are people who are allergic to certain hair dyes. Arsenic Album and Sulphur effectively deals with such allergies. Natrum Mur and Sepia cannot be neglected either. Do not allow allergies to make your life miserable. Switch over to the homeopathic treatments and enjoy a stress free life, sans the allergies.
I am 42 years old woman. After my second son ligature has done now I want to have a child again, is there any way to have a child?
I had sex with my bf in may 21 and got my periods on 26th May. My due date is 24. After that I got my periods regularly in June, July, August. But this month still I don't get periods even 2 days after my due. Before some days I had spotting 2 weeks back and now I have little thick white discharge, had mild lower abdominal pain. Note: I am having right ovarian cyst and pcos for past 1 and half yrs. My question is still do I have chance of being pregnant. please help me. Going mad because of this.
I am suffering from Hypothyroid and pcod. My period are very scanty. My doctor advice me to take Argipreg, sandocal and evion 200. Is it safe to me .or any side effect possible?
It's watering like think white water frequently in a day from my vagina & even three is bad smell. It's happening from a week. Please let me know why is happening so. And should I do to cure it.
I'm feeling nausea and i'm having 100 fever. and my period is due after 2 days can this be pregnancy. And also I'm having mild cramps in stomach.
Bones are quite literally the support system of the body, so it's super important to keep them strong and healthy. Strength is not a goal you achieve in a day, week or month. It is a way more rigorous process that has to go on for years. The growing age of your life matters the most; it is at this point that you can make your bones strong. Bone strength should also be maintained in certain ways. Child or adult, you must aim for both mental and physical strength.
Here are some tips to make deposits in your bone bank for a healthier future:
- Know your family history: As with many medical conditions, family history is a key indicator of bone health. Those with a parent or sibling who has or had osteoporosis are more likely to develop it. So, how's your bone density, grandma? might seem like an awkward question at thanksgiving dinner, but ask anyway before she passes the gravy.
- Boost calcium consumption: When most people think bones, they think calcium. This mineral is essential for the proper development of teeth and bones. But calcium isn't the end-all, be-all bone loss cure. The key might be to help the body absorb calcium by pairing calcium-rich foods with those high in vitamin d. Foods that are good sources of calcium include yogurt, cheese, milk, spinach and collard greens.
- Don't forget the vitamin d: where there's calcium, there must be vitamin d: the two works together to help the body absorb bone-boosting calcium. Boost vitamin d consumption by munching on shrimp, fortified foods like cereal and orange juice, sardines, eggs (in the yolks) and tuna, or opt for a vitamin d supplement. The body also produces vitamin d when exposed to the sun - 10 to 15 minutes of exposure three times per week will do. Vitamin d's importance to bone health has been proven in studies on seasonal bone loss - elderly people can lose more bone mass during the winter because of lack of sun exposure.
- Make exercise a priority: Seriously regular exercise is to keep a number of health issues at bay, and bone health is no exception. In fact, living a sedentary lifestyle is considered a risk factor for osteoporosis. What type of exercise is most effective? weight-bearing exercises like running, walking, jumping rope, skiing and stair climbing keep bones strongest.
- Consume less caffeine: Caffeine does have some health benefits, but unfortunately not for our bones. Too much of it can interfere with the body's ability to absorb calcium. Drinking more than two cups of coffee per day accelerated bone loss in subjects who also didn't consume enough calcium. Also more than 18 ounces of coffee per day can accelerate bone loss by negatively interacting with vitamin d. So enjoy the java, but keep it in moderation and consume enough calcium, too.
- Quit smoking: Here's yet another reason to lose the cigarettes: multiple studies have shown that smoking can prevent the body from efficiently absorbing calcium, decreasing bone mass.