Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sunita RaniYour feedback matters!
We trying for baby and Want to be pregnant but unable to be pregnant. There is some issue of tiny nabothian cyst of size 2 mm. Notes in posterior lip of cervix Please suggest regarding matter.
I have PCOD and hormonal imbalance and I got married last 6 months. Still I didn't get pregnant. Suggest what shld I do?
I'm a male and right above my genitals, where hair is, I noticed small yellow spots on my skin. What is this?
I am underweight, very skinny and I get a lot of white discharge. I feel very lazy. What should I do?
I have a doubt if my wife periods is missed and Incase if the egg are fertilize by sperm in that case if I had sex during missed periods time means will it create problem to pregnancy. Please give a clear answer.
I inside my penis inside my girlfriend's vagina unprotected Just 2-3 times and removed it . I am 101 percent sure I did not ejaculate inside her . I just wanted to be double sure Is that all right ? I am really tensed right now .
My daughter is 27 year old and her pregnancy is of 6th month.Her foot is too large sujan what can I do?
I am 22 years old gal . I dint have sexual intercourse. Just rubed dick on pussy. and now my period is delayed by 3 dayz. What cud b the reason of da delay. please help.
Hi am Ms.23 started to intake ovulac ld tablets 21 days for my ivf treatment and I missed to take tablets for two days now its my 34th day still am not menstruated. Im I pregnant or creating some other issues?
My wife age is 40. There is a irregular period.We have a one female child born in 05/02/2007.Her stomach is expanding.
My girl friend had her cycle ended on 16 this april. She had internal wound (on her vagina) on date 18 which made her profusely bleeding and was almost died. Her vagina is just two inches deep. When I inserted into her vagina there was totally blockage. I could not insert my thing further. When we tried to insert further there was breakage. Out of which the blood ghush out as if we were breaking a water filled ballon. What could be the reason? Dr. Said she is having structure abnormality (i guess tat is in her vagina) and the doctor said it was not because of the abnormal part which was broken tat day. The bleeding started when tat abnormal part was broken. I'm confused. Will that abnormality hinders in conceiving a child? please help me!
Miscarriage is the early loss of foetus within 20 weeks of pregnancy. It is also known as ‘spontaneous abortion’. According to research, about 8-20% of the pregnancies end in miscarriage. Out of the total number of miscarriages, 80% of them end within 12 weeks of pregnancy.
Types of Miscarriages and their Symptoms
- Threatened Miscarriage – As the term suggests, in this condition the process of miscarriage might have begun. This is the initial stage of the process. In threatened miscarriage, there is slight bleeding accompanied by cramps and pain in the lower back, which is usually mild. The cervix (the lower part of the uterus) remains closed.
- Inevitable and Incomplete Miscarriage – In these conditions, there is bleeding along with an open cervix. When there is dilatation and thinning of the cervix, miscarriage is inevitable. In incomplete miscarriage, part of the tissue comes out and a part remains inside the uterus. In inevitable and incomplete abortions, the bleeding and cramps are more severe.
- Complete Miscarriage – Complete miscarriage is when the embryo has completely emptied from the uterus. The pain and bleeding reduce once the foetus is expelled. This can be confirmed through ultrasound.
- Missed Miscarriage – In Missed miscarriage, there is no sign of the life of the embryo and there is no expulsion of the embryo. It can be detected from the absence of heartbeat of the embryo found on ultrasound.
- Recurrent Miscarriage – It happens when there are two or three miscarriages one after the other. It affects about 1% of the pregnancies.
- Increased maternal age i.e., women above 35 years.
- Excess or insufficient chromosome in embryo.
- Placenta is the organ which links mother and the baby for blood supply. Problem in the development of placenta can cause miscarriage.
- Excessive smoking and drinking during pregnancy.
- Obese women have higher risk of miscarriage.
- Long-term health conditions like high blood sugar, high blood pressure, liver disease etc.
- Infections like rubella, malaria etc.
- Weakened cervix, which is the result of previous injury or surgery, can also result in miscarriage.
What are the symptoms of a miscarriage?
- Bleeding or spotting can be one of the symptoms of miscarriage. It should be kept in mind that not all pregnant women who suffer from spotting or bleeding, end in miscarriage.
- Lower backache starts before or right after bleeding, which can be persistent or you could have cramps which may be mild or sharp and can feel like more of pelvic pressure.
- Missed miscarriages are detected through ultrasound when the doctor finds that there is no heartbeat of the embryo or when the uterus is not growing.
What are the treatment options in miscarriage?
- Medical – In most of the cases, there are no specific drugs to stop a miscarriage from occurring. In some cases, certain hormonal preparations help. There is no point in prescribing medicines for prevention of miscarriage if there is heavy bleeding.
- Surgery – Dilatation and evacuation (D&E) is a simple operation which is done under general/local anaesthesia. In this operation, the cervical canal is dilated and contents present in the uterus are evacuated. There is no cutting involved as it happens through the vagina. The process needs only five to ten minutes, but the patient has to stay in the hospital for about 3-4 hours.
This process is opted when:
- There is heavy bleeding.
- The patient suffers from missed miscarriage.
What can you do to prevent miscarriage?
Nothing much can be done to prevent miscarriage in most of the cases. However, following supportive measures may help:
- There should not be overexertion during pregnancy. Moderate amount of physical activity is permissible.
- One should have a well-balanced diet. Studies have shown that a diet loaded with fruits and veggies helps in overall well-being during pregnancy. One should limit the consumption of caffeine.
- Avoid smoking, alcohol and certain drugs to prevent miscarriage.
- Avoid stress and anxiety.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!