Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sunita AggarwalYour feedback matters!
Should women take bath, head bath during mensuration period according to ayurveda and why? If no, can it be applied in today's life context.
Pregnancy test is negative but 10 days delayed for her periods please prescribe a medicine to get periods sooner.
Dr. I can feel something hard in my half breast. And very little pain when I press it. What can be this.
I had my iui 15 days ago and was on 10 mg duphaston for the same period. Today I got very faint line in pregnancy test done at home. What does it mean.
My wife had her mensuration cycle over in wednesday. On thursday afternoon we had sex n I accidentally inserted my sperms into her, she went n peed right away n told that very little blood came out. Late that night we again had sex n I again accidentally inserted my sperms into her. She again went n peed right away telling that the sperm was out. Early morning on sunday she took unwanted 72 empty stomach, (from the 65th hour of first sex ). Its been monday today n so is there any possibility of her getting pregnant.
I had unprotected sex day before my period date. But still after two days periods didn't come. Is their a chance of getting pregnant. Or will I pill work after 50 hours of intercourse.
We are mortals and changes are bound to happen in the functioning of our body and the organ's of the body with every passing day. How the body reacts to the external environment needs to be constantly studied. Therefore, It is important to keep a check of what's happening within your body and live a healthy life.
The check could be need based as suggested by doctor to diagnose a disease or for a general health! Ultrasound scan is an important diagnostic measure to check the state of the organs inside our body via sound waves. It's is also known as sonogram, diagnostic sonography and ultrasonography.
Types of Ultrasound
Although all types of ultrasound basically work the same, but there are a few differences in the below listed types of ultrasound. Doctor's conduct the test basis the need.
- Doppler Ultrasound
- Obstetric Ultrasound
- 3D and 4D Ultrasound
- Echocardiograms Carotid Ultrasound
How does it work and why it is done?
It uses high frequency sound waves to create an image of some part of the inside of the body, such as heart and blood vessels, liver, gallbladder, spleen, pancreas, kidneys, bladder, uterus, ovaries, eyes, thyroid, and testicles.
- View the uterus and ovaries of a pregnant woman and assess her foetus
- Diagnose gallbladder disease
- Evaluate flow in blood vessels
- Assess abdominal pain or other concerns
- Guides a surgeon on a needle biopsy and treatment of a tumor
- Kidney Stones
- Pelvic ultrasound for ovarian cysts, uterine fibroids, uterine growth and endometriosis
- The thyroid gland can be imaged using ultrasound looking for nodules, growths, or tumors
- Detect bulging of fluid from a swollen knee joint
- Veins evaluation to assess whether swelling in a leg is due to a blood clot, deep vein thrombosis or another cause
Why Ultrasound is preferred over other methods
- Generally painless and does not require needles, injections or incisions.
- Patients aren't exposed to ionizing radiation, making the procedure safer than diagnostic techniques, such as X-rays and CT scans. In fact, there are no known harmful effects when used as directed by your healthcare provider.
- Ultrasound captures images of soft tissues that don't show up well on X-rays.
- Ultrasound is widely accessible and less expensive than other methods.
It has some limitations, such as the sound waves do not transmit well through dense bones or parts of the body that may hold air or gas, such as the bowel and thus has a diagnostic limitation.