Lybrate.com has top trusted Orthopedists from across India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Orthopedists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Back Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Pain
Treatment of Leg Pain
Treatment of Knee Pain
Treatment of Hand Pain
Treatment of Shoulder Pain
Treatment of Foot Pain
Treatment of Lower Back Pain
Treatment of Bone Fracture
Treatment of Arm Pain
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Finger Pain
Treatment of Hip Pain
Treatment of Heel Pain
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Elbow Pain
Treatment of Pain in Ribs
Treatment of Spondylitis
Treatment of Strains
Treatment of Slip Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Sumit GuptaYour feedback matters!
I am suffering with body pain or muscular pain when I do some very hard job in my field. All parts of my body has started to pain and the pain will continue for four five days. Then after that it become normal. I want to know that why it happened and what is the treatment for it. Kindly help me with the treatment.
My age is 40 and I stand at my showroom for 4 to 5 hrs now it's been 10 years now I have problem with my legs and joints and their is some sound also coming from them what to do.
I am a 79 year old man, with reasonable health. I practice yoga asanas on alternate days and walk in the morning on other days. From one year I feel I am loosing balance and I stoop forward unconciously while walking. My knees do not seem to be strong enough and wobble a little early in the morning. I dont have sugar or high b. P. From a few months I feel I get tired very quickly. Any remidy for this?
A neck strain and sprain is not a serious injury. However, they can still cause significant dysfunction and pain.
Causes of Neck Strain
The anatomy of the cervical spine is such that it not only houses, but also protects the spinal cord. Along with this it supports the head and allows it for mobility and motion. But this area, which allows the spine to be flexible can also leave it vulnerable for injury.
Triggers for the onset of neck muscle strain can be:
1. Too much time spent in an uncomfortable position, such as humping over the steering wheel while driving, bending over the computer monitor, talking on the phone while placing it in the crook of the neck.
2. Sleeping on a very high or too firm pillow can lead to an uncomfortable position of the head thus leading to the strain of the neck
3. Carrying heavy objects on one side of the body
4. Any trauma that might have impacted the neck, such as an accident, whiplash or a fall that might have had a head landing
Most events of a neck muscle strain or the soft tissue sprain, such as the tendons and ligaments lead to stiff neck along with pain in shoulders. There is also pain and difficulty in moving the neck or head.
Minor strains in the tendons, ligaments and muscles of the neck usually heal within a day or two. But till the symptoms subside, there are a few self care remedies that are effective in reducing the stiffness and pain. These are:
1. Application of cold or ice packs: The cold reduces the inflammation, which in turn allows the strain to heal. This ice pack should be applied for 20 minutes interval in the first 24 hours.
2. Application of heat: Heat helps in bringing the nutrient rich blood to the affected area in order to stimulate a healing response. Moist heat as well as heat from a hot shower or bath can be used. Some people might find relief from applying heat wraps such as thermacare.
3. Over-the-counter or OTC medications: Anti-inflammatory medication, such as naproxen and ibuprofen reduces inflammation, thereby leading to the reduction in pain. Pain relieving medicines such as acetaminophen can also be taken as this reduces the perception of pain.
4. Massage of the affected area: A gentle massage in the affected area helps in stimulating the blood flow of the area which in turn helps in a quick healing.