Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pathologists in India. You will find Pathologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pathologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sumedha Ahel Kotwal
Submit a review for Dr. Sumedha Ahel KotwalYour feedback matters!
Hello Dr. I'm 30 yrs. I have 1.6 months old baby, from last few months I have heavy body aches and tiredness also every now and then I get itching and rashes on my face and some times pain in my abdomen, specially when I control my urine after my sleep in the morning or If I sleep at one side straight, lift or right .all my reports were normal (thyroid, stools and scanning) last month I had done my vitD test and as per d report the internist said I have very less vitD (13.9)and prescribed me vitaD 50000 and calcium tab, I feel little better these days but not completely, I still have pain in my baby. Is this normal or do I have to consult the doctor again if yes then which specialists should I consult please suggest me. Also prescribe the medication.
My mom, age 50 suffering from severe body pain (specially neck shoulder hands) from several months- gone through every tests like complete blood count, uric acid, RA factor, serum protein, creatinine, serum electrolyte, complete thyroid profile, urine test & ECG, mri of d spine, mri of d brain- each & every tests are negative so far nothing could b detected for d severe pain which often make her restless during night- doctor gave gabapentin, pregabalin, crocin & ultracet but not finding any changes in her pain activity- so please suggest me any gud medicines- on d other hand she is diabetic & taking anti epileptic drugs clonazepam 0.5 mg twice & valparin chrono 300 mg twice. (she is not allergic to any medicines). please suggest treatment & medicines.
I'm sleeping too much in a day and I'm always feeling to sleep. Due to over sleep, I'm getting body pains and feeling lazy. How to control my sleep and drowsiness. Please give me some tips to be active.
I am suffering from body aches after getting up in the morning with having bad breath also. Want to know some solution?
My son is 25 yrs old & for the past 7 days, suffering from fever, body ache & throat infection. His vital test was positive, Doctor advised him ZIFI O tablet 1 BD, for 5 days, no significant relief is observed. Monocef injection had been advised by the Doctor, yesterday. Please advise whether the line of treatment is right or would you suggest some other alternative treatment?
It is built on the concept of maintaining the balance of various body elements including blood, nutrients and the energy force known as ‘chi’ which flows along lines called meridians in the body for optimum health. Putting pressure by finger placements at designated points from where these meridians can be accessed, is supposed to unblock the flow of energy to get rid of chronic pain and disease.
Acupressure for pain-relief
- Acupressure is used for a variety of ailments. One of its most common uses is to relieve pain, such as back pain, sciatica, menstrual cramps and headaches.
- It can also be used to help with nausea and vomiting, fatigue, stress, weight loss, and even addictions.
Acupressure helps relieve pain in different ways, like
- It is believed to cause deep relaxation and a decrease in muscle tension and is thus useful in relieving low back pain, post-operative pain, and headaches.
- L4 point, for example, is commonly used for stress, facial pain, headaches, toothaches, and neck pain.
- It is located on your hand between your thumb and the index finger.
- Liver 3 point (LV3) is also used for stress, lower back pain, high blood pressure, menstrual cramps, insomnia, and anxiety.
- This point is located in between your big toe and second toe, in the soft flesh.
- You can press these points yourself for about 4 seconds and then steadily reduce pressure to experience relief from pain.
How does acupressure work?
- Studies have been done and are still being done to understand how acupressure relieves pain.
- They suggest that acupressure releases endorphins and promotes anti-inflammatory effects, helping with pain due to arthritis like back and limb pain.
- Endorphins are the pleasure-inducing, painkilling chemicals that flood the brain and numb pain signals.
- A few theories also call acupressure something that’s all in the mind and no more than a placebo. But either way, it does provide relief to patients when done over long periods of time.
- Acupressure is also an effective way to treat depression during pregnancy, and to reduce the pain of menstrual cramps, according to a new research done at the Stanford University School of Medicine.
Similarly, a recent Korean study has found that acupressure treats menstrual cramps more effectively than pain killers. If you want to benefit from acupressure, you need to press the pain points over time as each time you manipulate the pressure points, you help balance your ‘chi’. Some people may see results immediately, and sometimes results are seen after some time. Pain can also return. You have to keep pressing the pressure points to keep the pain away forever. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!