Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Suman Mian
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Suman MianYour feedback matters!
One of the major milestones in a woman’s life is the entry into motherhood. For most women, when this does not happen in the natural logical sequence of things, there is anxiety and lot of pressure from family and friends.
However, with advancements now, there are options like intrauterine insemination and in vitro fertilisation (IUI and IVF) available, which can help increase the chances of conception and pregnancy. IVF is where the egg is retrieved from the woman’s womb, fertilised externally and then transplanted back into the uterus where it grows to full term. However, there are always unanswered questions like how long to wait before going for IVF, is it the right procedure for me, etc.
Read on to know to find answers to some of these.
- Maternal age: As a woman reaches 35 and a man reaches 40, the fertility rates drop significantly. The chances that a woman at 35 will conceive is about 20%, which goes down to 5% if the woman is 40. However, this rate can be significantly increased by using IVF. The quality of the egg would gradually deteriorate, and so if a woman is nearing 40, it is better to consider IVF as the ovarian reserve would be optimal with IVF.
- Failed intrauterine insemination: In couples who have problems with the sperm reaching the uterus, intrauterine insemination (IUI) is first attempted. However, if 3 or more attempts of fail, it is time to consider IVF.
- Duration of inability to conceive: While some couples conceive quite promptly in a month or two, most take about 6 to 8 months of unprotected sex to conceive. Therefore, IVF can be an option if you are failing to conceive even after a year. Less than a year, don’t fret. Take it easy and it might just do the trick.
- Medical health: Both the partner’s medical health should be taken into account. Lifestyle changes like smoking, alcohol abuse, drug abuse should be considered, which can account for poor sexual performance and therefore lead to an inability to conceive. Health conditions like diabetes and heart disease can also lead to infertility. Hypothyroidism in women is another thing that must be ruled out, as it often leads to an inability to conceive.
- Sexual problems with the partner: One of the first things to do before going for IVF is to check that the male does not have any issues. Be it erection issues or ejaculation issues or sperm issues, they need to be ruled out. Sperm quality, quantity, and motility have to be analysed, and if they are optimal, IVF can be considered.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
My girlfriend delay her periods 5 day now her last periods end on 5th april and we had unprotected sex on 11th april and she took ipill with in hour. Please help is this normal.
I am 48 years old female and due to nearing of menopause, I think my breast has increased. Is this normal I think I have put on weight. What precautions can I take?
I Am 28 and have c sec delivery of boy of 7 months old. Having problem with my cycle n I do have contact with my partner. Now doc suggest to avoid contact. But we both expect contact. Is there any solution for this? Last month cycle is before 30 days n this month 39th day.
Hi. I am 30 yrs, I am married and my periods are on time means 30-day cycle, me and my husband went to doctor to check why we don't have kids and medically we don't have any problem. Can you please tell me when will egg releases exactly and fertile time to get pregnant. My last period on 4 November. We took all the tests and scanning etc. Any suggestions and medications if you can suggest it would be helpful. Thank you.
Pregnancy is a very special time in a woman's life when there is an added focus to take care of yourself and your unborn child. The adage 'You are what you eat' takes on a whole new meaning during this period as it becomes the soon to be mother's responsibility to pack in extra nutrition to nourish her growing bump. Doctors often add in a dose of vitamins to ensure that the both mother and child are well nourished. But beyond that, the food choices you make will maintain a healthy weight gain for you and your baby and eventually even help when you want to shed the extra weight after your child is born.
Here are some tips to have a perfect diet during your pregnancy
Load up on the good stuff: Even if you've always been eating healthy, it is time to crank things up a notch and include more proteins, vitamins, minerals especially folic acid and iron and some extra calories for energy and increase it as you progress in your pregnancy. But eating to get more nutrients doesn't have to mean eating more in general. If you are already at a healthy weight, then you don't need extra calories in the first trimester. In the second trimester, you need about 340 extra calories a day and about 450 extra calories a day in the third trimester. The numbers will change if you are underweight or overweight.
Say no to some: During pregnancy, give a skip to food items like raw sea food and undercooked meat and poultry. This could lead to potentially dangerous infections. Other foods to steer clear from include unpasteurized milk and soft cheese. All of these are possible sources of bacteria that can be harmful to an unborn child. It is always good to give your fruits and veggies a good extra wash, as always. Try to avoid the known culprits like popular local fruits that may be laden with artificial ripeners. Also avoid food with excess oil or preservatives. You will also have to say a complete no to alcohol or smoking during this period. While most sites suggest that you also ditch your caffeine fix, you can best keep it less than 200mg or 12 ounces in a day. Stick to decaffeinated tea and sodas when possible. Some other foods that have to be avoided during pregnancy are packaged food, cold drinks, preserved food items as they contain preservatives, which are harmful. Also, chinese food should be avoided as it contains monosodium gulmate, which is again harmful due to teratogenic chemical.
Diet a big no: Another big no during pregnancy is dieting or controlling the intake of food to lose weight. Pregnancy is the time you actually, for once, get to legally gain weight and be happy about. Don't mess up your natural system with forced diets.
Keep the food coming: Pregnancy is the time for food craving at all odd hours - and the time to give into them without an ounce of guilt! If you are dealing with nausea and food aversion, try to stick to small meals throughout the day. Replace the chips with carrot sticks and the pizza slice with soup. If that sweet tooth starts acting up, give it a frozen fruit desert or shake. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
I have gain my weight after the birth of my daughter, what should I do to loose my weight? please help me.
Epidermolysis bullosa simplex is a genetic disorder that results in the skin turning fragile and blister prone. Any small injury or friction created due to rubbing of the skin might lead to blister formation. In some cases, blisters may occur inside the mouth and on the cheeks. Normally, the cause of the disease is linked to defective genes.The condition is usually inherited and the symptoms start flaring in childhood. In some cases, the symptoms start during the early twenties.
The symptoms of this disease are:
- Deformities in the nails of the toes and fingers.
- Blisters in the internal organs such as esophagus and vocal chords.
- Formation of blisters on the skin of the feet and the hands.
- Hair loss and scarring of the scalp.
- Thickening of the skin on the palms and soles of the feet.
- Formation of white skin bumps on the skin.
- You may experience various dental problems such as tooth decay.
- You may have problems in swallowing food.
Epidermolysis bullosa can be classified into:
- Junctional Epidermolysis Bullosa: This is a severe form of epidermolysis bullosa that usually develops during birth. The condition is characterized by hoarse and unusual crying sounds and scarring in the vocal chords. The genes that attach the epidermis to the basement become defective and thus, cause blister formation.
- Kindler Syndrome: This type is characterized by blister formation across all layers of the skin, but its symptoms tend to disappear with time. This condition is known to cause discoloration of the skin when exposed to the sun.
- Dystrophic Epidermolysis Bullosa: This is caused by a defect in the gene that causes problems in collagen formation. This results in complications as the skin doesn't join properly.
This disease may cause various complications such as sepsis, skin infection, anemia, constipation and dehydration. An infant, who has a severe form of epidermolysis bullosa, may not be able to survive due to widespread blistering and infections that may drain all the body fluids out drastically. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.
Muje operation se 1 nov ko boy hua h or 13 ko stitches cut hue. Can you pls suggest the diet or food which I eat. Kya kya kha skti hu me baby ko healthy rkhne k lie. Jisse use loose motion b na ho or cold b na ho aise healthy foods suggest kijie pls. And should I take multivitamins after delivery. Hair fall na ho uske lie kya krna chahie. Or operation k bad yoga and Jumba kbse start kr skte h. And when we start relationship with husband after delivery from operation.
Hi, sir/madam I have unprotected sex with my gf She taken unwanted 72 tablet after 2 hours of sex Unwanted 72 is is safe if is effective.
I had a normal delivery. But after that after I got my stitched open there remains a big cut or a hole type beside where my vaginal part is. I am unable to sit properly. And whenever I go to the toilet I got to stand and there remains a pain where the cut is. Its been 25 days post delivery and still I am not able to receive any improvement. What medicine or treatment I need to do. Please suggest urgently.
Mam I am suffering from vaginal itching and also feeling pressure in lower abdomen. Tomorrow my 32th week of pregnancy will be completed please help.
My girl and I had sex first time yesterday night and I happened like her hymen got broken and the blood also came out but the blood is not stopping still little blood is coming out is it natural or there is some problem.
I am suffering with pcos. I consulted a gym and she advised me to take 6 months diane 35 tablet. My rt side ovarian cyst is 11 mm and other side is 13 mm. Do I need a surgery for that. I am concerned about getting pregnant.
I am 28 year old. My problem is, I am not conceiving after d&c.dr. Said me that egg is not developing. What should I do? I am frustrate. Bcoz I think is tgus is serious problem? Am I be a mother or not? And also weight is decreasing day by day.in my first pregnancy I done d& c after 3 mnth. Bcz Dr. said that fetal pole is not coming. Then what was the reason behind it. please help me. I am too much depressed.
Fig is a dry fruit that is consumed throughout the world. It is a dry fruit that has great nutritional value. It as been used as a sexual enhancer by civilization of many thousand years old. The Egyptian started using it and then there have been signs that Persians as well as mughals royals used fig. these royals had many wives and sex slaves and it is said that fig helped them in their sexual escapades.
How it works:
To be honest I wont be able to tell you how fig helps you and I can’t give you scientific logic behind it effectiveness but after using it for a week you would will that your volume of your ejaculation would increase by many folds.
The miracle formula:
Eating fig raw can do wonders to your sexual health and sexual stamina but cooking it with milk will increase its powers many folds. This milk should be taken before sleep. Drinking this milk for a month will make you better sexually. You will witness better erections and also longer lasting ejaculations.