Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Suman
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SumanYour feedback matters!
I've been having abdominal cramps, bloating,nausea, backache,gas, fatigue,diarrhoea, leg cramps, headache since 2dpo. Today its my 10dpo. I'm having regular periods (28 days cycle). My periods due date for this month is 29th. Are these early pregnancy symptoms?
- If you are someone who is intrigued by human behaviour, psychology, dynamics of a relationship, personality development and the like and love reading about them. Then I am sure you must have heard about "mindfulness". Even if you haven't, this article will orient you a little about it.The term mindfulness is believed to originate from a Pali term Sati, which is an important Buddhist concept and its Sanskrit counterpart Smriti. It finds its source in Hindu and Buddhist religion. Though modern day mindful meditation does not necessarily involve religious aspects, even the non-religious equally practise it.
- Mindfulness is described as being present in the moment and experience it non-judgementally. It is a very simple concept of being aware of the present moment. At any given moment, if you try to listen to the little voice in your head or the stream of thoughts passing in your mind, you'll observe that it is either reminiscing or regretting about the past or is anticipating or worried about the future. We are habituated to live our lives in the past or in the future and in the process we forget to appreciate the NOW. Most of the people who are suffering from mental agony, depression, anxiety, irritability, nervousness, guilt or remorse are either functioning in the past or in future. Because when we are present to the moment that we are experiencing with all our senses, it is a different surreal feeling and a state of true bliss.
- A lot of research has been conducted on the topic of mindfulness. The research studies have revealed numerous, astounding benefits of practising mindfulness.To list few, mindful meditation has proven to reduce stress, improve concentration, enhance cognitive functioning, improve emotional intelligence, greater relationship satisfaction, improved physical and psychological health, higher efficiency in work, happy mood, etc,.
- Despite the fact, that we all are aware of benefits of meditation and exercise of any sort, setting aside those 15-20 minutes in our fast-paced, tight-packed schedule seems to be an impossible feat. Even, I am not asking you to find yourself a quiet place, sit in a lotus position with eyes closed and a room filled with the fragrance of jasmine incense. All I am asking you to do is be more mindful as you go by living each day.
I have created a list of activities we do each day mindlessly and from now on we are going to be more mindful of it.
1. Feel the softness of your pillow when you wake up.
2. Taste the toothpaste as you brush your teeth.
3. Observe the lather on your hands while you wash your hands with the soap.
4. Roll your head clockwise and feel the muscles in your neck moving.
5. Sip your morning tea, coffee, milk and feel its taste.
6. Give your loved one a mindful hug.
7. Feel your feet slide into your shoes.
8. Look up at the sky and observe the different shades of the sky.
9. Place your hand on your chest and focus on your breath.
10. Notice different colours around you.
11. Smell your food and try to sniff in the aroma of different spices.
12. Acknowledge a thought you have been having regularly.
13. Play with your children or pets with full attention.
14. Listen to someone speak with an intent of listening to them and not replying.
15. When you pour water from a filter to your glass, observe how the water falls and fills the glass.
16. If you don't write physically on a paper, grab a pen and a paper and write something and notice how you form words.
17. Notice something beautiful about each person you see today.
18. Notice one emotion you are feeling.
19. Listen to a song, and try to hear the instruments.
20. Write down three things you are grateful for about today.
The things listed above are simple, everyday rituals that we perform automatically, pay attention to them. You'll observe a shift in your mood too. I hope you'll try these small things throughout the day and feel more alive and fresh. I'd love to hear your experience from practising mindfulness.
I am 20 years female I have missed my periods since last 1 week so is there any problem or something else pls suggest me.
Hi my friend has done a sex with her girlfriend sex mean not totally sex he just put into pussy and taken out in fraction of minute no sperm entered into her he thinks but he was fully tension is there any problem please give the solution.
She has got monthly period earlier and the amount of liquid came out was little less than previous month So please tell me the reason and suggest the method to cure it. She is unmarried.
Good evening Sir, I did unsafe sex 2nd day I got small white blister after 10 days 6-7 blisters came after breakouts yellow patches came on my penis I went to doctor, madam gave me antibiotics after 15 days my right is painful doctor suggested vdrl test. Reports came everything normal again doxycycline gave me for 1wek after 20 days I get rash on my neck chest it's itchy after 15 days they gone now I got eye pain and sore throat and pain in my cervix, when I went to pee pain in my anus please help me any one, to who I want to consult give me your valuable advice.
Q: kya urine infection k baad muje pregnancy ho skti h .ovulation k baad se mene 4 din tak conceive kiya tha fir muje infection hogya but ab thik hogya h.
Obesity and wellness (continued)
- Eat less, move more
- Stress less, sleep more
- These are fundamentals of maintaining ideal weight and good health.
We live in a society where majority people eats too much, move too little, stresses all the time and sleep less.
Why we have a tendncy to over eat?
Our eating patterns are influenced by culture, tradition and region.
Many people eat mindlessly without consciously knowing what they are eating. Our eating is also influenced by emotional stress. So
A) we must develop a knowledge on nutrition on day -today basis.
More you know about food nutrition, more you eat better.
B) mindfull eating with awareness of what we are eating and how much we are eating is crucial.
C) maintain calmness of mind so that food cravings are reduced.
How much walking and exercise is our bodyâs minimum requirement?
- Reasearch says 10, 000 steps walking a day is a minimum requirement to break insulin resistance and to maintain good health.
- Walking alone is not enough.
- Atleast 3 times a week, do resistance training in a gym.(till age 60).
- After age 35, physiologically we lose 3% muscle mass every year. This will be prevented by regular muscle training
- More muscles means more calories burn.
- Do yoga, swimming, marathon, cycling etc once or twice a week as you like.
How sleep and stress affects our weight?
A) not getting enough sleep can affect hormones like leptin and ghrelin that regulate our appetite, making us eat more.
B) in response to stress, our body releases cortisol that promotes visceral fat. If we are stressed too often, that can cause weight gain.
Food, activity, sleep, and mood work together. Every bite, step, and hour of deep sleep has an effect not only on the bodyâs processes but on mental and emotional fitness as well.