Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SumanYour feedback matters!
Hi I am 24 year old and I have sex with my girl friend without protection. Can I check the pregnancy before 30 days. Its really urgent to check the pregnancy. Her age is around 30 year.
Hello doctor white color fluid is discharging from my vagina and it smells very bad nd it usually happens 2 days prior every time but not my periods is over I dnt no y it is happening pls can you tell me the reason.
Hi, I am 34 weeks pregnant. And diagnosed with mild asymmetrical iugr. With all other things normal. I am suggested to be operated at 35 weeks. Will my baby be ok.
Hi doc my daughter is not having her periods regularly since 1year what should I do. She is very shy doesn't want to visit doctor.
I am 29 year old working woman my period is only for 2 days I think it is no normal I am going to get marry next year in Feb please suggest so that it will not hamper my marriage life.
I am 25 years married. I'm suffering with pcod and pelvic endometriosis with stage 3.can I have natural pregnancy and natural delivery. How much time will take to get pregnant. What are the process? Will it be any problem for baby? Can I have second baby easily? Will there any complications. While periods I have too much pain in abdomen thighs and pelvic area. I don't have clear periods also. please help me can I have everything normal?
I am 37 year old female . Am not married and do not have intercourse .Does having a clit orgasm everyday affect your health. How many clit orgasm during a week is normal and healthy ?
I had sex with my girlfriend and I gave her pill after 48 hours but till now she has not periods it have been 13 days and she is feeling unconscious having vomit after eating anything from 3 days and headache.
When cells of tissues that are usually found lining the inside cavity of the uterus, start growing outside the organ, for eg over the ovaries/ fallopian tubes/ urinary bladder etc. it is called endometriosis. Painful periods, pain during sex, pain while urinating or bowel movements, heavy bleeding, fatigue, infertility, diarrhea, bloating and nausea are some of the symptoms of endometriosis.
Treating endometriosis usually depends on the following factors
- Severity of symptoms
- Severity of the disease
- Future plans for children
Depending on these the doctor might opt for any of the following treatments
- Medication for Pain: If the symptoms are mild, then the doctor will prescribe some pain killers like Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.
- Hormone Therapy: Hormone therapy is effective, but once you stop them, your symptoms may come back. Some of the hormone therapies include:
- Hormonal Contraceptives: Birth control pills, vaginal rings and patches are useful in controlling the hormones that are responsible for tissue build-up outside the uterine cavity.
- Medroxyprogesterone: This drug stops menstruation, which in turn stops the tissue build-up and put an end to all the symptoms. But on the other hand, gaining weight, low bone production and depression are some of the common effects of this drug.
- Gonadotropin-releasing hormone (Gn-RH) antagonists and agonists: Hormones that stimulate ovaries are blocked by these. They bring down oestrogen levels and hence prevent menstruation.
- Danazol: This drug prevents menstruation and symptoms of endometriosis by blocking the hormones that stimulate the ovaries. However, Danazol may not be a favourable option because of its side effects. The drug should be avoided during pregnancy.
- Conservative Surgery: If you are trying to get pregnant, but you already suffer from endometriosis, then removing endometriosis surgically is a viable solution. Your uterus and ovaries will be preserved, which might increase your chances of becoming pregnant. Even suffering from severe pain might find relief from conservative surgery.
- Hysterectomy: In extreme cases, the only way to deal with the symptoms is to completely remove the uterus, ovaries and cervix. Since a hysterectomy means you cannot have children, it is kept as the last option for women in their reproductive age. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.