Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sulekha SaranYour feedback matters!
I want you to ask one question about Mc. Some time my mc stays till two months. When my mc started then I feel pain more in my stomach. Please tell me why it does become so.
My friends suffer from real pain while she is during period she has this from always every month her stomach pains during period cycle what is the home therapy I can suggest her when she's alone in home.
Its been 12days since my last periods (8 april) and all of a sudden my periods started today (19 april). What should I do? What is the reason behind this?
When my period is coming the bleeding is last only for 1 day .not full flow only sm drop .than my weight is gain .so what I do?
I am 25 years old tomorrow my husband birthday we want to go water kindom but I am in periods what to do ?
Are you looking for a good body massage procedure, which will help in rejuvenating your senses and also lighten up your skin? You should go for Njavarakizhi. It is an effective Ayurvedic therapy with several benefits. It is especially good for people suffering from paralysis, arthritis, lethargy, body weakness, stress and trauma. It also helps in maintaining an ideal muscle tone and relaxes your mind.
The procedure of the Njavarakizhi may take up to an hour. First, your body will be preconditioned using oil. After you are massaged all over the body with the oil, you will be allowed to relax and lie down for some time. While you relax, Njavara rice gets cooked with milk and some herbs. Herbs such as deodar, mustard, sida and even milk and ghee are used for preparation. After being cooked, the preparation is placed in cotton pouches and used to massage your body. The pouches are gently rubbed and pressed on your body for 40 minutes. Then, the rice is applied all over body while it is still warm. After wiping it off, another type of oil is applied on your body as you relax. For making the treatment more effective, certain oral medicines may also be taken, such as Leyham and Kashayam.
Health benefits of Njavarakizhi
There are several important health benefits of Njavarakizhi, which include the following:
- Your skin is kept healthy. The skin being the largest body organ, needs proper care. This treatment is very effective in improving your skin texture and making it bright and beautiful.
- The treatment enhances your muscle tone and strengthens your muscles. In case you are experiencing body-weakness in general because of aging, Njavarakizhi is ideal for you.
- This treatment helps in lowering body cholesterol levels. High cholesterol is a major health condition in modern day and the Njavarakizhi therapy is an ideal remedy. Because of the innate effect of sweat inducing, blood circulation is regulated and cholesterol levels are lowered.
- Njavarakizhi therapy is very effective for giving relief to stress. It helps you to relax and eliminates traces of stress. The mind gets to be at rest, which allows you to calm down and relax.
- Njavarakizhi also helps in easing pain and inflammation that is associated with arthritis. Moreover, regular Njavarakizhi treatments help in strengthening your muscles and hence, you are provided with long-term relief from arthritis symptoms.
These and many other wonderful therapies are there in Ayurveda which not only cures but detoxifies your body. This is an all natural therapy which is associated with no side effects. Kindly consult to know what are the best Ayurvedic solutions for you in terms of diet, home remedies, therapies and medicines.
On 14 th of this month my boyfriend's penis just touched my vagina and as per my memory there was nothing on it but saliva, that's it nothing else happened. On 20 he just inserted his fingers and and a blood came for a moment and then stopped and we did nothing else. On 22 I started bleeding and exactly in the manner of my periods continuous 5 days, so I should consider this as my period. My last month date was 24 and this month 22 the bleeding started. I am not pregnant right? Can implant bleeding mimic period and last for 5 days? Please give proper explanation because I don't want to think about it further because this very frustrating I need to concentrate on studies.
The obesity epidemic was unfairly blamed on the consumption of carbs. While processed junk foods, which are high in refined grains and sugar are extremely fattening and unhealthy, fiber rich foods that also contain carbs are very healthy and essential for your diet. If you consume high fiber carbs moderately, it helps you maintain a healthy weight because if you get anything lower than approximately 50% of calories from carbohydrates, you are unhealthy. Carbohydrates, which are rich in fiber can be easily digested by your body.
Mentioned below are 10 food items which are extremely rich in carbs and should be consumed during breakfast for optimum health.
- Apples: Despite the different colors, flavors and sizes, apples consist of 13 to 15% carbs, as well as many vitamins and minerals. It is also rich in healthy plant compounds, antioxidants and vitamin C. Apples are helpful in decreasing the risk of a few types of cancers, reducing heart diseases and improving blood sugar control.
- Sweet Potatoes: Sweet potatoes are extremely nourishing. It has the sufficient amount of carbohydrates present to maintain your health, as well as fiber, potassium, vitamin B5, vitamin A, manganese and vitamin C. It is also very low in cholesterol, saturated fats and sodium. Consume this antioxidant food item everyday for breakfast to sustain your health.
- Bananas: Bananas contain about 23% carbs. The unripe ones are high in starch, which turns into sugar as it ripens. Apart from carbs, bananas also contain a high amount of Vitamin B 6, potassium and vitamin C along with healthy plant compounds. They are also rich in pectin and resistant starch.
- Quinoa: Classified as pseudo cereal, it is an incredibly popular seed that is eaten like a grain. Apart from being a high carb food, it is not only extremely rich in fibers and proteins, but also plant compounds and minerals. One of its many health benefits is improved blood sugar control. Incorporate it in your diet to help you lose weight.
- Oats: Deemed as one of the healthiest whole grain foods, oats is an excellent source of minerals, vitamins and antioxidants. It contains 66% carbohydrates and above 10% of it is fiber. Not only does it lower cholesterol levels and blood sugar levels, but is also extremely helpful in losing weight.
The menopause can take three very different routes for women. There are those who sail through it with very few symptoms or problems and don't even notice that their ovaries have stopped producing the hormone. Then there are those for whom it is a matter of a few hot flushes and a couple of night sweats, doesn't last long and not really a bother. This usually marks a relief from the periods. But for some it is abject misery accompanied with crippling fatigue, absolute exhaustion, hot flushes, vaginal drying, mood swings along with low desire or lack of sexual feelings. These symptoms might persist for more than 7 years.
Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) is considered to be an effective treatment for menopausal symptoms. The other problems linked with menopause can also be influenced by HRT in a positive manner.
HRT is indicated in:
- Treatment of symptoms of menopause and the risk benefit ratio is apt for the women and they have been informed about the same
- For women who are around 51 years and are reaching menopause even though they are asymptomatic
- In women who are at the risk of osteoporotic fractures and are under 60 years and the non-estrogen treatments cannot be given
- HRT is not recommended in women who are above 60 years
Benefits of HRT:
The benefits of HRT usually are more than the risk if done in a woman who is under 60 years of age.
- Improvement in quality of life by relieving muscle pains and improving sleep
- The mood swings are controlled and low moods are usually alleviated by HRT. Low moods usually arise due to menopause.
- It reduces the vasomotor symptoms, usually within four months of the treatment with maximum benefit in three months
- HRT improves the urogenital symptoms by lowering the vaginal dryness, vaginal atrophy, urinary frequency and symptoms.
- HRT reduces the risk of osteoporosis. HRT is believed to preserve the bone mass density of the skeletal sites thus reducing the chances of vertebral and nonvertebral fractures.
- HRT also reduces the risk of colorectal cancer and cardiovascular diseases
Risks of HRT:
The main risks of HRT are stroke, endometrial and breast cancer, thromboembolic disease, pulmonary embolism and gallbladder disease. Though other risks are:
- It increases the risk of ischemic stroke
- There is a small risk associated with breast cancer and the risk increases more, if the woman is underweight or overweight, alcohol user, smoker and stops HRT suddenly
- Estrogen only HRTs can increase the risk of endometrial cancer. If cyclical progestogen is used for 10 days for 28 cycles then the risk is eliminated.
I am 28 year old female. I am married back two years. I have history of three abortion hence this time I got the pregnancy positive. My menstrual periods are irregular. Menses for only 2 days. Hence my lmp was 6 jan 2015 but I got my upt weakly positive on 14 feb 2015. Then on next day of usg there was no sure signs of pregnancy. Advise for repeat usg then I repeated my usg on 24 jan which was presence of heart beat. Again on 15 april I have done usg which is nor normal and 13 weeks pregnancy. Now on 26 may I repeated my usg which states that fetal gestation age is 17-18 weeks and 200 -50 gms. According to lmp I comes in 20 weeks 1 day. Bt the foetas is of 17-18 weeks below 10 percentile. So doctor the report states that the doppler umbilical cord blood flow shows resistance so what is next step presently i'm on aspirin 75 mg. Kindly advise me. Again repeat usg is been advice after 15 days.
My wife is pregnant. 3 months have completed. I want to fuck her. Is it safe to have sex during 4th month of pregnancy?
My wife is pregnant of 7th month I want to know that can she takes dry fruits or no. If yes then please tell us which kind of dry fruits like almonds, Kaju,pista etc. Please reply us.
I am 19. My vagina is itching a lot. Especially during night times. Sometimes Burning sensation is also there. Please help.
I have a continuous period of 18 days. Sometimes flow is high and sometimes only the spots occur. Is it normal or we should get it ultra sound because my age is 45 and I think menopause will come soon so it happens.
I'm suffering from severe stomach ache during regular periods time. What needs to be done to come out of this?
My periods are late I check on I can preg test but it's negative . I am having very little bleeding some times . Am I pregnant ? I don't want to be right now ? What are the measures or pills I can take for my mensuration ? And not getting pregnant ?
I'm married for six months. Before ten days of getting my periods I will always have symptoms like stomach pain, pimple white discharge. After marriage if I get such symptoms I become worried that I can't get pregnant this month. Please tell me if I have such symptoms before periods. Is there any chance to get pregnant or chance to miss my periods. Please tell me.
My daughter age 11 years attained puberty so what type of fruits/liquid/food would you recommend for her to take in order to avoid getting anemic during her menses.
Eating with freedom this diwali and look fabulous
Yes, you read it right. It's the time of the year again when our phone beeps every few minutes, the message is the same, it's a happy diwali message; and images of sweets and savoury which tempt us. But the irony is that now we want to look skinny and not healthy and also we teach our children not to eat them and instead buy them cakes, pastries and chocolates.
We need to understand the secret behind our traditional foods prepared specially on some occasions like chikki and wheat pongal during sankranti festival, thandai during shivratri and ladus during ganesh festival which teaches us what to eat and when to eat and how to eat. So here's where I simplify things for you
The five ground rules
Rule no. 1: go local
Going local will automatically mean that you are eating seasonal produce. The benefits of what you eat seasonal are manifold for example you are eating kiwis which are not produced in india and by the time you eat that fruit, it is dead. Instead eat local guava or oranges which would have some nutrient value. Fresh foods are living foods they have energy and in turns give us energy. So, when you eat good, feel good and look good.
Rule no. 2: go traditional
Earlier most of our meals were home cooked and reserved for special occasions. So, I suggest to eat all the home-made mithai, namkeen and goodies during diwali. I suggest, pick the best ingredients, involve the entire family in preparations, cook with laughter, share what you have prepared with dear ones and relish every bite as it melts in your mouth rather than buying them from
When you eat good, feel good and look good.
Rule no. 3: eating correctly
Our lives are more hectic and in this process we lose our balance, and our body react to it by throwing up ailments such as minor cough and colds, migraines, pains etc. The way you eat reflects things about you as person. You want to make sure you eat with freedom and no restrictions. So there is no denying yourself, be mindful of your food. So set aside your meal time and eat in peace.
Eating with freedom this diwali
Rule no 4: vary your food
Make sure your food has different textures and colours and taste for example our very own indian thali. Stay away from processed foods. Say no to colored foods and artificial flavours and sweeteners. Eat home cooked food.
Rule no. 5: stay hydrated
With so much going on during diwali, most of us forget to drink enough water. Low fluid intake can make you feel weak. Many a time's people replace water with sugary beverages or aerated drinks. I advise to include healthy beverages such as nimbu pani with less sugar, iced green tea, buttermilk, and infused water.