Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sujit S KapoorYour feedback matters!
Hello doctor I did testing of white discharge and report says. Test :- culture and sensitivity h v s Investigation :- culture and sensitivity Specimen :- high vaginal swab Gram stain :- gram positive budding yeast cells seen Organism isolated: 1. Profuse growth of candida albicans obtained after 36 hours of aerobic incubation. I didn't understand it. Can you tell me the meaning and proper treatment that I should take for this. Thanks.
I had sex with my husband yesterday (15th april) and I finished my period cycle on 5th of april. Its only 1 year completed of our married life and we both were not prepared mentally to conceive a baby right now. We have used condom during our intercourse. And the number of condoms he used to cover his penis is 2. He injected for 2 times and pulled out. But he hadn't ejaculated for a very long time. He got his fluid after we had fingering. I stopped him doing sex after he injected twice and pulled me. I am extremely worried about that whether there is a chance of getting pregnant or do I need to take birth control pills. He used his hands for fingering into my vagina without washing them. Please do respond at the earliest. I am having a little bit of abdominal pain right now.(the condom slipped once while he pulled the penis out of the vagina. Is loose motions in this case are the earliest sign of being pregnant? He was not in direct contact with penis due to condom protection. As per my case I am facing lower abdominal pain and frequent urination from 27th of april i. E today. Am I pregnant?
Hi Doctor, I am 29 year old and currently having heavy bleeding like periods but my last date was 20 july, so please advise what to do now. I have a 5 month old baby.
Polycystic ovarian disease can only be treated with a proper diet. The recommended dietary pattern is as follows:-
1. Drink ample water with a big no to junk food.
2. Has to avoid fried and heavy food items.
3 whole grains and food with a high fibre is recommended like oats, soyabean, tofu, flaxseed.
4. Consumption of berries. Along with diet, a proper exercise can always help a pcod patient.
Sir/madam, We are just married couples after 3 years of love. After before and after our we tried many times to do sex. But we failed to contact. My vaginal opening is too small. Can insert only 2 fingers , and its too hard. First we thought its because any tension or some thing like fear. But for me now its really a problem now. My husband is very supportive but how can I solve this problem.
It is skin condition having whiteheads, blackheads, pimples or oily skin. Acne may be mild, moderate or severe. Blackheads and whiteheads are classified as the mild acne while pustules on face is considered as moderate acne. When nodules and cyst are present then it is classified as the severe acne. Acnes appear on face which is natural oily lubricant of skin, is produced in excess and blocks the pores.
Onset of pubertyhormonal condition (menopause, contraceptives) improper care of initial acnedietoily skinconstipation
Face mask of triphala churn and turmeric: take half tablespoon of triphala churn and half tablespoon of turmeric. Add warm water and make a thick paste. Apply it over acne and leave it for 15 minutes. Wash it gently with water. Triphala and turmeric has antibiotic properties and it removes clog from pores. It even prevents sear formation. Apply it three times a day. If acnes are related with period then avoid spicy and salty food for 10 days before period. Face mask of nutmeg powder and honey: take 1 tablespoon of nutmeg powder and 1 tablespoon of honey. Mix it properly and apply this mixture over acnes for 15-20 minutes. Wash it gently with water. Aloe vera based gels can be used for 5 days to heal acnes. Wash face 4 -5 times in a day with cold water without soap. It helps to reduce excess sebum.
My wife was suffering from jaundice hepatitis B before 1 month. So can I have intercourse with her? If not now when can I have. Please advice me. She is recovered from it now.
I have got married in last 4 year but still we have not getting child. what is problem? Please help me.
Hi. We had unprotected sex just after her periods. I. E on 8th Feb she got her periods. 11th Feb we had intercourse. Which is her 1st day after her periods which is safe right? However, she took contraceptive pill after four hours. Two questions: Is there any chance of pregnancy? Is there any side effect from pills? Grateful gratitude for your guidance.
I am 24 years old. I took regestrone tablet to delay my period. I had sex one day during medication. But we were taking precaution. But now that I've stopped taking that medicine, I have delayed period. What should I do? Is there any case of me getting pregnant?
I am suffering from some kind of allergy or infection I am not sure of due to which at the time of intercourse I feel really painful and the outer skin becomes swollen with cuts and rashes all over which is not recovered in many days. Even if I pee it pains a lot as the lips of my vagina becomes really swollen for a lot many days. This is happening from a month after I had an abortion. Now what should I do? Please help.
I am 50 years old lady with weight around 79 kg. Having irregular periods with heavy flow and severe stomach pain for past 4-5 years. 2015 and past ultrasound revealed a normal size uterus having one small fibroid. Undergone dnc and biopsy (which was negative) in 2013. Doctor advised to take trapic mf 3 times a day. Another private doctor advised me to undergo hysterectomy while government doctor advised me to go through this phase considering my age it may be sign of menopause. 1. Should I take medicine or go for operation? 2. If operation, will it be laparoscopy or major operation? I had 2 caesarean operations in 1987 and 1991. I was told that due to caesarean operations it may be not be possible to do laparoscopy as some organs may be joined with uterus over the years due to the internal stitches. Any clinical test that can reveal the above fact. 3. For how many days trapic mf can be taken. My last periods lasted for 20 to 25 days and therefore had to take it for all these days. Any side effect of taking trapic mf for long? 4. Also taking homeopathic medicine for the past 4-5 years was helping me to some extent. Recently medicine was changed which finally stopped the bleeding after 20 to 25 days but the side effect is that I am feeling very sleepy and lethargy.
I am a 30 year old female n trying to conceive from last 2 months. It's been 3 years of our marriage. We have been using condoms till now. Can you please tell me that using condoms make it difficult to conceive later on when trying to conceive. We are having sex during the fertile period. Please assist that how long does it generally take to get pregnant. Thanks.
I am suffering from improper urination, that is I have frequent urge, unsatisfactory urination & it drips afterwords & wets my underwear. No diabetes, but my father died of prostate cancer. More over I possess hypersexuality which I don't want as my wife is not that interested in sex & I don't want to try any other way to fulfill this need. Please guide me.
Preconception care refers to the care that a woman should take before getting pregnant. This refers to all the procedures and measures to be taken by a woman before pregnancy for maintaining good health before giving birth. Good preconception care also ensures proper health of the to-be-born child. Seeking information about pregnancy is also a part of preconception care by which a woman can prepare herself better physically and emotionally before childbirth. Visiting doctors and health practitioners is a part of preconception care. The body is prepared for giving birth during preconception care.
Nutritional supplements during preconception care:
Certain nutritional supplements are recommended for women during this stage. Folic acid is an important vitamin which enables healthy growth and development of the baby. Folic acid reduces birth defects like spina bifida.
Other healthy supplements which a woman may require during preconception care include iron, zinc and calcium. A healthy, balanced diet and drinking a lot of water are also important.
Visiting a doctor is necessary during the preconception care. You will require a detailed physical health checkup and required guidelines from a health expert. Recommended blood tests include full blood count, testing of ferritin levels and testing for rubella. Urine tests and blood pressure checkup are also vital. You can also take the package for Living Healthy - Woman.
Moreover, several measures and steps must be followed by a woman. They include the following:
- Having a proper diet with sufficient water intake along with nutritional supplements is very important.
- A woman during preconception care should quit smoking or reduce the amount of smoking profusely.
- Large amount of caffeine should be avoided. A woman should consume less caffeine containing products such as coffee, chocolates or soft drinks.
- Alcohol should be avoided strictly as it may reduce the chance of pregnancy.
- Medication without recommendation of the doctor should be avoided. A woman should not use any medicine without being prescribed by the doctor.
- Contact with any kind of chemical should be avoided and natural, environment-friendly cleaning products should be used.
- Overheating of the body should be avoided, and a woman during preconception care should keep away from spas and saunas.
- A regular exercise schedule must be taken up for health benefits regarding pregnancy. Lack of working out may give rise to various health problems in women before pregnancy.
- Any kind of stressful activity should be abstained from, and a woman during preconception care should not lift heavy objects, which cause strain.
- Relaxation techniques should be practiced by a woman to keep mentally healthy.
A woman during the preconception care period should follow all required guidelines given by a doctor. Avid care of the body should be taken to ensure a healthy childbirth. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a specilized gynaecologist and ask a free question.
Obesity has emerged as one of the most common and serious health problems today, affecting all and sundry. Children, in particular; are the worst affected. Obesity is an amalgamation of sedentary lifestyle, unhealthy eating habits and certain medical conditions. If neglected, it can create havoc. Diabetes, high blood pressure and hypertension are some of the major health complications that obesity can lead to. Thus, one needs to control and check this menace at the earliest. Maintaining a healthy body weight is the best way to control obesity. Many surgical and non surgical options are available to lose weight. Weight loss the Ayurvedic way is not only effective, but 100% natural.
Ayurvedic tips for weight loss
The following Ayurvedic tips, if practiced diligently, can give you a lot to cheer about. For an effective treatment, one needs to understand their body type well. Ayurveda classifies people in two categories. People of the Vata Type (more of ember and air in their system), those who can eat like a glutton and yet have a figure to die for. On the contrary, people having more of earth and water in their system (Kapha Types) can put on weight at the drop of a hat.
- Exercise your way to fitness: The benefits of exercise are immense. Start your day with a 30-45 minute exercise to feel the difference. Jogging or brisk walking will be very beneficial. It will give you the extra zeal to fight the unwanted fats in your system.
- Yoga and pranayams: Our body is made up of seven chakras. Proper activation and functioning of the chakras are important to enjoy sound health. Yoga and pranayams are instrumental in activating these chakras. Meditation also rejuvenates a person mentally and physically. A sound mind and body positively responds to the various Ayurvedic weight loss programmes.
- Healthy Sleeping Habits: Early to bed and early to rise can indeed make a person, healthy, wealthy and wise. People with unhealthy sleeping habits are more likely to be obese. Work is important, but not at the expense of one's health. A 10.30 pm-4.30 am sleep schedule is highly recommended.
- Eat healthy: Unhealthy eating habits contribute significantly to obesity. It should be noted that starving will do you more harm than good. A healthy practice is to have small meals at regular intervals. Do not keep your stomach empty. Reduce the carbohydrate and fat intake. Include lots of vegetables, fruits, lean fish, and low fat dairy products in your diet. Ayurvedic medicines like, Triphala churan, guggulu, Triushanaadi loha, shilajit, swarnmakshik bhasm and Medhohar guggul are very effective. However, these medicines should be taken under medical supervisions.
- Avoid sedentary lifestyle: Try and avoid a sedentary lifestyle as much as possible. If your work requires you to sit for a long period of time, a short break every one hour can prove to be beneficial.
Ayurveda goes a long way to keep obesity and the associated health complications at bay.