Lybrate.com has top trusted General Physicians from across India. You will find General Physicians with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sudhanshu MittalYour feedback matters!
I'm suffering from head ache in the centre of head and neck pain, nerves tingling inside body like a shock circuit I'm scared i'm feeling that I'm going to die shortness of breath I can't sleep somebody help me out.
Why my legs and body are becoming soo dry and white? They are becoming like cracks on them. How to over come dryness and keep the body wet? Please tell me the solution for this problem?
Phlegm accretions in the pit of the throat, now and then, esp on walking up. Sometimes choking feeling. Not very hard formed. Very thick slimy exudations with a little bit of a harder core.
3 healthy unhealthy dietary habits
With the vast amount of available information, ranging from age-old wisdom to health magazines and health sites, most people are prone to misinformation when it comes to what to eat and what to avoid.
From drinking copious amounts of water to eating a light lunch, it is the time that these commonly known health tips are debunked.
These 3 habits that may seem healthy on the surface but are actually harming you!
1) Drinking large amounts of water
It is advisable to drink a healthy dose of water each day, but you should drink water only when you feel thirsty and not otherwise. If you drink water beyond your level of thirst, it can lead to excess water intake. This excessive intake can be the cause of conditions like obesity, skin and digestive problems among other health conditions. An average person consumes 8 glasses of water each day. But you are advised to drink that much, only if you are thirsty enough. It is also recommended not to drink cold water or ice-cold drinks.
2) Eating uncooked foods
It is essential to preserve the nutrients of the ingredients you eat, but it is equally important to make them digestible. Cooking involves subjecting the ingredients to heat, which helps to remove and kill certain impurities and bacteria in them. Cooked foods are easily broken down, and hence, digested with ease. Some vegetables and foods are even more beneficial when lightly cooked. Vegetables like Brussel sprouts, cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, spinach, and kale should not be consumed raw.
3) Eating a light lunch
The ideology behind eating a light lunch may be to keep your weight in check and to stay healthy, but if the food you're having is not nutritious, it can still cause you to gain weight. Some food joints even offer a lunch menu of light proportions while the dinner menu may be packed with heavy amounts of food. This is wrong. It is advisable that people have larger proportions of food in their lunch while dinner should be meager as your digestion slows down as the day progresses.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'consult'.
Related Tip: Dieting Vs Fad Dieting: How can you spot the FAD?
What are the healthy Indian breakfast and fruits for diabetics. Can I eat puri, plain paratha and also let us know how much rice I should eat weekly. Can I take slight sugar in tea or should I take sugar substitute like sugar free or splenda or it should not contain any sugar at all. Please also let me know what are the fruits and dry fruits one should avoid if he has recently been diagnosed with diabetes. My recent Hba1c report is showing Glycosylated haemoglobin as 7.00 unit. Thanks,
Sir my age 25 ,after full erection, my penis looks like curve downside (I mean not get straight penis look view to ground) and veins on my penis are more visible? It is any problem for me? Tell me sir.
I'm suffering from one diseases burning while urinate every time it is from one week and not paining and other problem suggests me tablets.
I am not able to sleep well even after hard try. Do not want to take pills is there any other way to sleep well.
The summers are at their peak already with the blazing sun and soaring temperatures and what's frightening is that this is just the beginning. All one can think of in this heat is to grab something cool that rejuvenates one's senses. One of the best ways to do this is to prepare yourself some refreshing icy drinks.
Well, before you settle for the calorie dense colas or boring plain water, try out these easy to make and low on calories summer drinks that will surely quench your thirst:
1. Watermelon fizz
Apart from the stimulating taste it naturally has, watermelon juice is very good for kidneys and eyes. It has 90% water and thus you don't need to worry about the calories. It is also very high in fiber which is an add- on health benefit.
How to prepare
Blend the watermelon in a mixer jar and add some crushed ice to it. Avoid straining the blended mixture as you will lose on the fiber. The best part is you do not need to add any sweetener! you may want to add some salt and mint leaves for a different sweet- salty flavor. Add some soda water and your watermelon fizz is ready.
Calorie count: 30 kcal/glass
2. Aam Panna
One of the most relished summer drink for mango lovers is aam panda. It is rich in vitamin c and iron and has antioxidants too which heightens your metabolism rate. Aam Panna keeps you well hydrated and thus prevents heat stroke.
How to prepare
Pressure cook raw mangoes (3-4 whistles) and peel them off to remove the pulp. Blend the pulp in a jar and mix salt, cumin seeds (jeera), black pepper to it. Avoid adding sugar to it but if you really want it sweet, use alternatives to sugar like artificial sweeteners. Store the mixture in a jar in the refrigerator. Add 1/ 2 tsp in a glass, add chilled water and ice and top it up with mint leaves.
Calorie count: 40 kcal/glass
3. Sparkling plum soda
Plums are known for assisting in weight loss owing to the plentiful antioxidants and fiber they possess. It also keeps you full for long which cuts down your overall caloric intake. It is profusely rich in essential nutrients like vitamin a, c, k and iron, calcium, magnesium.
How to prepare
For 4 glasses, take 8-10 plums, cut them into pieces and blend in a jar in a processor. Add artificial sweeteners to the pureed mixture and blend again. Stain the mixture through a sieve using the back of a spoon. Fill 4 glasses up to half with the strained juice. Add soda water and crushed ice to each and relish the drink to your heart's full.
Calorie count:- 120-150 kcal/glass
4. Fizzy peach punch
Peaches are the low-calorie summer fruits that offer a treasure of zinc, calcium, iron, magnesium and potassium. They have a good amount of dietary fiber and have no saturated fats.
How to prepare
For 4 glasses, take 8-10 peaches, cut them into pieces and blend them in a jar to form a puree. Strain the puree through a strainer and obtain the nectar in a jar. Take 1-2 tsp of peach nectar in a glass and fill it up with soda water. Add some artificial sweeteners according to your taste. Squeeze half a lemon into it. You may want to experiment by adding 1 tsp of ginger juice for a sharp and pungent flavor! add crushed ice and serve.
Caloric count: 80 kcal/glass
5. Strawberry lemonade slush
Strawberries bring freshness and add a vibrant color to any drink or dessert they are added to. They have bountiful antioxidants and are a wonderful source of vitamin c. They also have high fiber content are loaded with manganese, iodine, potassium and biotin.
How to prepare
Take about 20-30 strawberries and cut them into small pieces to blend in a jar until smooth. Add some lemon juice to it and one cup of water. Add some artificial sweeteners to add some sweet flavor. Blend well. Freeze this mixture for 3-4 hours till it turns into slush. Add 1/4th cup of this slush mixture to a glass, top it up with soda water and some ginger juice. Enjoy the perfect balance of sweet and tart.
Caloric count: 90- 100 kcal/glass.
I'm 43 yrs. Old male and suffering full body pain and weakness since three years like cervical spondylitis, lower back pain, tennis elbow, shoulder pain etc. I never took any painkiller or medicine for these. Sometimes I do yoga or some exercises for relief. Now a days these exercises are not effective and the pain is increasing every day. Kindly suggest.
I am 26 years. I am doing prone masturbation since I was 16. Please tell me what to do as I have now watery sperm. And many times during prone masturbation when my sperm is on the way to come out I press my my sperm tight and stopped the sperm to come out please tell what to do as I am in deep tension now. I also have erectile problem.
Having sever pain near naval area and sever gas formation from last 4 to 5 days. Sometime pain got shifting towards up.
Hi I am in initial stage of hair loss. None of our ancestors have hair loss. I work as soft ware employee and I wear helmet daily, the main reason for hair loss is dandruff. Can you suggest me some tips to prevent. My heart beat rate is 100 per minute . Is it OK or do I take it serious?
My face is too oily, lot of pimples pop your regularly. How can I have a clean face without facials, etc?
Is there any medical tests to check sexual fitness before marriage for males. How we can check we are sexually fit and I having no diseases like premature ejaculation, erectile dysfunction, low spermcounts or impotency.
Diseases of the spine Introduction:- The part of the nervous systems that exits in the spinal canal is called ‘The Spine’. There are several types of diseases related to the spinal cord:- Neuralgic weakness- It occurs due to occurring excessive weakness in the nerves. Irritation of the spine- Pain starts in the back and waist of the patient. Pain is aggravated in the spinal cord or other organs due to pressing or holding on the back and the waist or by doing little more hard work. It is due to occurring weakness in the nerve. Mostly, this type of disease occurs in the fair sex (female) compared to the male. Patient feels crawling sensation or insensitiveness in the body with emission (night fall), irritation of the bladder.
Treatment by different drugs:-
1. Arg-nit- If irritation of the spine is occurring with other symptoms as- headache, insensitiveness of the several organs, stomachache, flatulence, constipation, etc., 6 potency of this drug can be used for its treatment. 2. Picric-acid- For the treatment of burning sensation in the spinal cord, weakness of the legs, pain from the spinal cord to the forehead, 30 potency of this drug can be used.
3. Baccilinum- If gutica has occurred, for the treatment of it, Baccilinum 200 can be used.
4. Agaricus- If this disease has occurred in weak women, using 3 potency of this drug is very effective to cure this disease. Several types of other drugs can be also used to cure this disease as- Silica 30, Sulphur 30, Ignatiia 3, Cimicifuga 3, Bell 3, Secale 3, Cocculus 6 or Asafoetida 3, etc. Patient should take bath with cold water or wash his back with hot water before the treatment. Nutritive diet should be taken and living in an open air.
5. Thuja- If this disease has occurred due to taking additional tea, for the treatment of it, Thuja 6 is used. Spinal anaemia- This disease occurs due to bleeding from the spinal cord and much weakness in the hritpiInd. This disease can be treated by the use of several types of other drugs also as- Acid-phos 1x or 6, China 6, Secale 3, Ferrum 6, the powder of Ars-iod 6x, etc. These drugs should be used according to the symptoms. Spinal hyperaemia:- This disease occurs due to piles, exposure to cold or injury, doing more laborious work, suppression of menses and by taking several types of drugs, etc. With occurring pain in the waist and the spinal cord, tinkling is also occurring in the body. Ars 6, Hypericum 3, Sulphur 30 or Rhus-tox 6 can be also used to cure this disease.
Spinal apoplexy:- Symptoms like paralysis or apoplexy are found due to bleeding in the spinal cord or inside the membrane that covers the spinal cord. If the tongue, hands and legs become insensitive due to bleeding in this disease, using Guaiacum 3 helps to cure this disease. Accumulation of water in the spinal cord:- In this disease, water gets accumulated in the spinal cord resulting swelling occurs in this part and patient starts to suffer more. Spinal meningitis:- When this disease occurs, burning sensation begins in the membrane that covers the spinal cord. Causes and symptoms become same. When this disease occurs, patient feels fever and restlessness, suppressed sweat and pain occurring due to injury. Aconite 3 is very useful for the treatment of such symptoms. When pain occurs in the body that is aggravated by movement with such symptoms, for the treatment of it, using Bryonia 3 is appropriate. If the patient becomes unconscious with the feeling of much lethargy and his body starts shivering, Bryonia 1x can be used to cure the patient, but if symptoms like paralysis are found in the patient, Oxalic acid 3 should be used for its treatment. Myelitis or inflammation of the spinal cord:- Due to falling, getting hurt and exposure to cold, severe fever in the condition of measles or fracture of the spinal cord or by doing more hard work, etc., burning sensation occurs in some part or the whole part of the spinal cord and stretching occurs in the patient’s body. Sometimes, paralysis attacks the patient suffering from this disease within few hours. If paralysis attacks after few hours of the feeling of burning sensation of the spinal cord, swelling occurs in his entire spinal cord. His body is bended backward. Sometimes the eyes remain open, but does not visible anything. Sometimes, deafness also occurs with the feeling of fast laziness. This fever occurs due to a type of infectious bacteria. This disease occurs also in the young age, winter season and by avoiding healthy rules. Sometimes, pimples are also appear (erupt) on the face due to this disease. Fever persists in the patient in between 103 to 106 degree. This disease occurs in small children and teenagers There are two types of burning sensation in the spinal cord:- Acute (new) burning sensation of the spinal cord. Chronic burning sensation of the spinal cord.
Treatment of Acute burning sensation of the spinal cord:-
1. Aconite- The patient feels fast pain in his spinal cord; the back of the patient is stretched and becomes curved like a bow with the symptoms of fever and fear ness, etc. thus, Aconite 3 should be used for the treatment of such symptoms.
2. Nux-vomica- The patient’s body begins to becoming curved like bow with attack of fast pain, the symptoms of disease get aggravate by touching the affected part, the back feels as if it has rubbed or broken, etc. thus, taking Nux-vomica 3 at an interval of every 1-1 hour is very useful for the treatment of such symptoms.
3. Cicuta- The spinal cord of the patient feels burning sensation with fast stretchiness especially on the back side and the body is bended one-sided. Thus, taking Cicuta 3 or 6 at an interval of every 1-1 hour is very useful for the treatment of such symptoms.
4. Belladonna- If the attack of the disease occurs on the upper part of the spinal cord; pain like inserting knife in the spinal cord; muscles throbs like current and severe fever has occurred, etc., Belladonna 30 should be used for the treatment of such symptoms.Treatment of chronic burning sensation of the spinal cord.
5. Oxalic acid- If legs became stiff and pain is occurring due to exposure to cold with burning sensation, for the treatment of it, Oxalic acid 3x should be taken at an interval of every 1-1 hour.
6. Plumbum- If the symptoms of chronic paralysis are found in the spinal cord, Plumbum 6 should be taken at an interval of every 4-4 hours for its treatment.
7. Arsenic- Feeling restlessness with burning sensation of the spinal cord, stiffness, symptoms like paralysis are found in many parts of the body, stretchiness, feeling only cold that helps symptoms to aggravate and feeling pain, etc. thus, to cure disease of the patient, Arsenic 3 should be used at an interval of every 2-2 hours.
8. Opium- Patient becomes more lethargic; vision becomes stable; many organs become curved; the mouth is opened and loud sound comes from the nose. Thus, using Opium 3 or 6 is very effective to cure such symptoms of the patient.
9. Helleborus- Excessive sadness occurs, pain is much behind the forehead and the neck, patient goes on moving his head continuously and inserting his head in the pillow. Thus, this drug should be used to cure such symptoms of the patient.
10. Veretrum-Viride- The forehead is bended backward with stiffness and stretch. Thus, this drug is used to cure such symptoms.
11. Cimicifuga- In the condition of contraction or stffness in the muscles, 3 potency of this drug should be taken. If well chosen drugs make no impression, this drug can be also used to cure this disease.
12. Amon-carb- If fast pain is occurring behind and below the ear with this disease, using Amon-carb 200 is very effective for the treatment of such symptoms.
13. Crotalus- If the symptoms of fever present in the patient with this disease and blood have become poisonous, Crotalus 3 is used to cure this disease.
14. Acid-hydro- In the condition of becoming all the organs of the body cold with this disease, Acid-hydro 3x can be used for its treatment.
15. Gelsemium- The symptoms of paralysis start to found in the patient’s body with lack of hearing power, feels cold, body temperature rises, headache, light sleep, pulse becomes soft, weak and the eyeball remains wide, etc. thus, Gelsemium 1x or 3x can be used to cure such symptoms of the patient.
16. Silica- If the symptom of deafness has found with burning sensation of the spinal cord, Silica 6 is very useful to cure this disease.
17. Sulphur- By the use of 30 potency of this drug, burning sensation of the spinal cord can be cured, but it is necessary to having the symptoms of deafness in the patient too.
What should we do or not:-
1. Patient should not live in the airy room.
2. Patient should not live in the dark and noisy roo.
3. Patient’s body should be wiped with a piece of cloth or towel after immersing it in hot water.
4. Patient should take nutritive liquid diet and light meals.
5. Alcohol and stimulant should not be taken.
6. He should not sleep on the soft bed because it helps wounds to appear on the back.
7. He should take nutritive diet like milk, fruits juice and other liquid substances. Paralysis of the spinal cord:- Mostly, this disease occurs in children, but occasionally in a young male and female. Unhealthy ness of the muscles:- Due to this disease, muscles become weak. It is a type of vat razzu disease. First of all, the symptoms of this disease visible in the thumb then the shoulders and the arms get affected and in the last, it affects the muscles and patient becomes like a Skelton. Thus, to cure this disease, taking Phosphorus 3 or Plumbum 6 is beneficial. Several types of other drugs can be also used to cure this disease as- Arg-nit 6, Arnica 3, Gels 3x or Sulphur 30, etc. Locomotor ataxia:- This disease occurs due to working hard, exposure to cold and by heat. In the condition of this disease, first of all, symptoms related to stool appear in the patient, all the part of the body especially both the legs feel pain like gastric or neuralgic pain, body strength is decreased and in the last, patient is not able to put his legs properly according to its own desire.
Treatment by different drugs:-
1. Secale and Fluoric acid- Secale 3 can be used for the treatment of first stage of T.B. of the spinal cord, after that Flouric acid 3 should be used.
2. Kali-iod- If T.B. of the spinal cord has occurred due to any type of syphilis, using Kali-iod 3 is beneficial to cure this disease.
3. Picric-acid- If symptoms of much tiredness found in the patient suffering from T.B. of the spinal cord, Picric-acid can be used for its treatment.
4. Arg-nit- If the hands of the patient suffering from T.B. of the spinal cord are shivering with lack of vision, using 3 potency of this is beneficial.
5. Phosphorus- 3 potency of this drug is used when following symptoms present in the patient like- shivering of the hands, lack of vision, etc. To cure T.B. of the spinal cord, drugs like- Arum 3 or 200, Nux-vom 3, the powder of Magnesia-phos 6x, Medorrhinum 200, Alumen 6, the powder of Carbo-veg 3x, Lyco 6, Ars 3, Bell 3, Strychninum 3, Angstiyura 3, Gels 3, Plumbum 30, Causticum 200, Phosphorus 6, Zincum 30 or Rhus-tox 30 can be used according to the symptoms.
What should we do or not in the case of T.B. of the spinal cord:-
1. In the condition of T.B. of the spinal cord, alcohol and smoking should be avoided, because it can make the patient’s condition worse.
2. Patient should not take meat, fish and eggs, etc.
3. He should protect himself from cold.
4. He should not take bath in an open air.
5. Milk should be taken everyday. It is best for the patient suffering from this disease
. 6. He should do light exercise in the morning and evening.