Lybrate.com has top trusted Gastroenterologists from across India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
The doc prescribed me benfotiamine, mecobalamin, alpha lipoic acid, chromium picolinate and inositol for anxiety and nerves strongness but now I m facing issues like lack of concentration in studies and lack of multi tasking skills how can these side effects be reversed and is their any other side effects of these vitamins/minerals given to non diabetic.
I am 32 year old male my weight 68 kg height 6.5. I have gallstone. Multiple stones measuring 6 to 8 mm largest 9 mm. I don't have any pain in my stomach or any part of the body due to this stone. But I have been recommended for operation in which gallbladder will be taken out. Is their any other solution so that I can avoid operation.
When there is excessive acid build-up in your body, you experience a burning sensation in your chest. This condition is called acidity.
You feel a burning sensation in your chest, your mouth tastes sour and your throat may feel sore during bouts of acidity. An antacid can give you quick relief, but sometimes, you might feel like it isn’t working very well for you. Ayurveda may help you in this case.
Ayurveda is safe, and it provides a natural way to heal acidity.
Here are some Ayurvedic remedies for acidity:
1. Bananas: The potassium in bananas is an excellent antidote to acidity. Eating a ripe banana can provide you relief from the discomforting symptoms of acidity.
2. Milk: The calcium in milk bars acid build-up and absorbs the extra acid produced. For best results, drink cold milk to ease your discomfort.
3. Mint leaves: Mint reduces acid production and cools the burning sensation in your stomach. Chop and boil some mint leaves; then drink the cooled solution for relief.
4. Tulsi: Tulsi boosts mucus production in the stomach and has antiulcer properties. To ease your discomfort, chew on 5-6 tulsi leaves.
5. Cardamom: Elaichi, or cardamom, is a multi-purpose remedy. It stimulates digestion, reduces stomach spasms, soothes the stomach lining and prevents excessive acid production. Just crush two pods of elaichi in boiling water and drink it for quick results.
6. Cloves: Cloves boost saliva production, which helps in digestion and reducing the symptoms of acidity. For relieving acidity, just bite a piece of clove and keep it in your mouth. The oils released from the clove will reduce acidity within no time.
7. Aniseed: Aniseed cools the stomach lining, which reduces the burning sensation. Simply chewing a few aniseeds or saunf seeds, can bring about instant relief.
8. Cumin: Cumin stimulates saliva production, which aids in improving digestion and metabolism. You can eat cumin seeds, or boil them in water and then drink the solution for relief.
9. Ginger: Ginger improves digestion and helps absorb and assimilate essential nutrients better. It also protects your stomach from ulcers by boosting mucus secretion, which reduces the damage to the stomach lining caused by acid.
10. Amla: Also called the Indian gooseberry, amla has high amounts of vitamin C in it, which helps in healing the agitated lining of the stomach and oesophagus. You can consume one teaspoon of gooseberry powder to prevent acidity.
I am 23 year old and have problem of acidity and many times acidity goes to my lungs and feel difficult to breathe is their any proper medications for this I have anxiety also.
Caraway seeds also known as Shahjeera or Siya jeera is widely used for flavouring bread, biscuits, cakes and cheese. Other than a great spice, caraway seeds can do wonders to your health.
Here are a few health benefits of Shahjeera:
Caraway seeds are
# Used as remedies for bronchitis and cough.
# Soothe the digestive tract and relieve colic, cramps, bloating and flatulence.
# The powder of the seeds also helps heal bruises.
# Improves appetite and is helpful in treating earache.
# Counters heart irregularity caused by excess digestive gas.
# Eases menstrual cramps.
# Increases breast-milk production in nursing mothers.
# The diluted essential oil is a useful remedy for scabies.
# Its astringency helps in treating of diarrhea and is used as a gargle for laryngitis.
I am 32 yr old. I have fatty liver. I didn't have meat, alcohol or any fatty things. I had 2 fibroid operations, hernia and gall stone and c section. Is any ayurvedic medicine for fatty liver. Now my weight gain.
Homeopathic treatment can relieve the bleeding and diarrhea and can shorten flare-up`s duration. It can also bring about a long-term remission and prevent new attacks. Ulcerative colitis may be an autoimmune disease and a virus or bacterium may trigger the disease. Homeopathic treatment reinforces the immune system and helps the body`s defense against infection. Homeopathy is compatible with conventional treatment and you can take homeopathic medicines when you are on other medications too. Homeopathic therapy is natural and has no side effects.
Stress is one of the triggers that can set off a flare-up. Homeopathic medicines are very effective in ulcerative colitis because they balance the immune system, treat the intestinal symptoms and also relieve stress.
My food is not digesting and I have to go toilet 10-15 times a day and I have stomach pain anytime what to do.
I am suffering from severe gastric problem. My throat is burning and pain in the chest and suffocation. Please help.
My son is 8 yrs old. He is passing stool with blood streaks and small clots and having no any pain. This is happening once or less every two to three days.
I frequently suffer from gases, some times stomach pain and have to go to toilet 3 times a day. Please advise me.
I had a diarrhea and stomach pain before 20 days it was cured after consultation my family doctor. My stool is normal. Now today I have irritation But not much. Does I am having ulcer? Any symptoms to predict ulcer? Does taking fresh fruits will stop my stomach irritation?
10 things to keep in mind when you have acid reflux problem:
1. Limit your intake of acidic foods: This would include tomatoes, vinegar, oranges, grapefruit, etc.
2. Say no to spicy food: Lower the amount of your consumption of spicy foods. These tend to give heartburns.
3. Don’t head to bed post meal: After you have had your meal, avoid lying down. Digestion is quicker and better when you are sitting upright
4. Avoid greasy food: Non-fatty food and lean meat are good to go.
5. Have lesser sour foods: Cut down your excessive consumption of mustard, mint, citrus, vinegar, chocolates, pepper, and tomatoes.
6. Avoid carbonated drinks and alcohol: They tend to trigger reflux.
7. Avoid smoking.
8. Avoid tight clothing: Don't wear snug or tight clothes, go to bed wearing comfortable clothes.
9. Stick to gluten-free diet: A protein that is found in barley, rye, wheat etc might also trigger the symptoms of GERD.
10. Get professional help: Consult a doctor and then take action accordingly. If you are on medication, get yourself checked from time to time. Do not stop taking the medicine that has been prescribed by your doctor, suddenly.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.