Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SuchitaYour feedback matters!
I and my partner came physical this wednesday. But she didn't lost her virginity by breaking her hymen. We came close and I put 1/4 th of my penis in her, may b just the tip entered. And I did not came in her also. Her last period started was on 3april and ended around 7th april. My question is regarding the precum. Is it possible that she can be pregnant? Advice required as soon as possible.
I am 28 years old married women and working. I have hypothyroid problem want to plan a baby now. Do you think I will face some problem conceiving?
MUJHEY period time pey nahi ata is month aha bhi nahi please help me. Mujhey Pco KI problem hai please help.
I am 29 years old, 59 kg n 40 days pregnant. I have vaginal itching n burning sensation while passing urine. please Dr. Suggest me easy treatment to get rid of this problem.
Women do not normally visit a gynaecologist, until they are suffering from any problem. Visiting a gynaecologist at regular intervals is important for good health.
Following are the 4 common reasons to visit a gynaecologist:
- Itchy vagina - Vaginal itching is very commonly ignored as most women consider it to be embarrassing, and as something that does not require any attention. However vaginal itching may be an indication of something more serious. Usually vaginal itching is a sign of fungal infection or a symptom of a STDs (sexually transmitted diseases). In the worst-case scenario, it can even be a sign of vulvar cancer (a cancer of the vulva, which is the external part of your vagina).
- Painful sex - Most women feel that it is normal to feel a little bit of pain in your vagina during sex. However, the truth is that pain during sex is not at all normal. If you feel pain while indulging in sexual activity, there are chances of you suffering from either vaginal dryness or a mild infection, which if left untreated can become worse. Some of these infections can even be STDs such as herpes, gonorrhoea etc.
- Lump in your breast - A lump in the breast, whether or not accompanied by a bloody discharge from your nipples, is most likely a warning sign of cancer. You should also watch out for any type of pain in your breasts or even an abnormal growth as all of these indicate the development of cancerous cells in the breasts.
- Considerable bleeding during periods - If you bleed heavily during your periods, so much so that you have to change your sanitary napkin 2-3 times in just one to two hours, it's a cause of concern. If this heavy menstrual flow is also accompanied with shortness of breath and rapid heart rate, you may be suffering from anaemia. In extreme cases (which is very rare), this can lead to extreme blood loss, which may require a blood transfusion. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
Although STDs are capable of affecting both genders, the impact on men and women is different. In women, this problem can cause long-term issues such as infertility in women. Although most STDs can be readily treated as soon as the symptoms surface, some cases might not throw up any symptom. Some of the curable STDs that can affect women are discussed below:
Gonorrhoea: This STD is caused by bacteria living in mucous membranes of the vagina, urethra, mouth, rectum and eyes and is capable of spreading through contact. The symptoms in women include excessive discharge from the vagina, abdominal cramps, pain in the pelvic region and bleeding from the vagina after sex.
Chlamydia: This STD is a result of a bacterial infection of ‘Chlamydia trachomatis’. Symptoms in females include burning sensation during urination, unusual vaginal discharge and bleeding between periods. Without treatment, the infection might spread to the urinary tract which could potentially cause PID (Pelvic Inflammatory Disease) which is capable of causing problems in pregnancy and even infertility.
Genital Herpes: Genital herpes is generally caused by the herpes simplex virus-2 (HSV-2) or the herpes simplex virus-1 (HSV-1). The virus is commonly known to be the chief cause of cold sores. Symptoms may appear soon after infection and usually are severe. This includes blisters, which turn into raw and painful sores that scab and heal over time. This might be accompanied by swollen lymph nodes and fever.
Chancroid: This infection is caused by the bacterium ‘Haemophilus Ducreyi’. It occurs most commonly in the vulva (the female external genital organ that includes the clitoris, labia as well as the opening of the vagina). The condition starts out as a tender lump that appears during the incubation period after intercourse. The incubation period generally ranges between 3-10 days. The bump turns into an ulcer i.e. an open sore, due to the death of the cells. This is usually painful.
Syphilis: It is caused by the bacterium ‘Treponema pallidum’ and the disease mainly occurs if you have sexual intercourse without any protection, that too with multiple sexual partners. The other mode of infection is blood transfusion. Symptoms of Syphilis include appearance of ulcers around the genitals or the oral region known as a chancre, severe rashes around the hand or feet coupled with other symptoms of mild fever, headache, throat pain and immense fatigue.
I am 28 year old single woman. Sometimes before 10 to 15 days of my actual period date, my stomach aches, blood comes out of vagina, two to three times, for one hour some times for 3 hours, then it stops. I feel weak. Then on my date day some times it starts on actual date sometime after one day, continue for 4 days normally. Is there any problem in my body? why it happens? I am worried, that's why I am asking you this question. Kindly help me to find the solution.
Without admit in the hospital how to abort a 21 weeks of pregnancy please help me in these but sure I want to abort immediately because it's already 6 months of pregnancy it's dangerous please can you give any home remedies to abort or any medical pills for abort.
Dear sir / madam my age is 24. Now I am pregnant. Present I am having 14 week's 2 day's. I am having thyroid problem also. Now it is in Normal stage. I am using eltroxin 100 mcg tablets now my thyroid value is 3. Sir I am having one doubt. Please clarify this. I want to go for movie. Can you please tell this decision is right or wrong? Is there any problem if I will go for movie? Is there any problem for my baby if I will go for movie? Please tell the solution. Now I am in 14 weeks 2 day's.
Hi Doctor, i got married on 2012 now a days i have no kids. I have folliciles in my ovaries. But my periods are in correct basis ( 30 days ) . I have consult a doctor she provide me tablets and follicular study . I want to preganent please give me a solution i need a baby in my life please help me .
Dear sexologist, mera girlfriend ko sex karne ko maan hai. Anal sex pe interest hai. Abhi gf ko 22 saal hai. Condom kar ke sex karna chahta hai. 1. Kya gf sex karne se pregnant hoga. 2. Agar pregant hoga sex karne kitne mahine ke andar pregnant hogi. 3. Agar i-pill liye to pregancy fir bhi hota hai kya .4. I-pill se pura pregnancy ko bandh hota hai kya .please help kijiye. 22 saal mein pregnant ko pura bandh karna hai. Please 4 questions ka problem solution den.
Hi ma'am. Jaisa ki Maine pichle baar aapse Apni problem share ki thi Aur mai satisfied bhi hui. But mujhe ab ye puchna hai ki meri uterus ki upper side weak hai to kya meri pregnancy 9 month tak possible hai. Pregnant hone ke baad koi risk to nhi hai na. Aur Kitne month tak rest karna accha rahega. Please reply me.
In slightly more medical terms, sexual disorder is known as sexual dysfunction. Sexual disorders are health conditions that could surface in both males and females. This not only acts as a hurdle in the path of an alternative understanding of sexuality but also deters spontaneous reporting of sexual problems. Patients largely feel the need to redress such problems; the fear of being ridiculed or being mocked deters them continually. Another way of approaching the problem and its subsequent treatment is to identify the factors leading to its development. Your way of life plays an eminent role in deciding the quality of your health. You may seek help from a professional to bring about fruitful changes in your lifestyle.
Sexual disorders can be categorized as follows:-
- Desire disorders- It often happens that a male or a female repeatedly feels laidback about indulging in sexual activity. The problem could be persistent in general or it could be directed towards a single partner. You may or may not develop this condition all of a sudden. Low levels of estrogen in females and low levels of testosterone in males are known to lead to such sexual irregularities.
- Sexual arousal disorders- Females at an older age or after childbirth often suffer from a sexual arousal disorder. The condition could also be found in young adults. It is characterized by a dry vagina and the lack of pleasure during foreplay or intercourse. Amid males this problem is prevalently known as erectile dysfunction. A man might not be able to enjoy physical contact with his partner. Men usually face difficulties in having a proper erection. The male organ in such a case is only partly erected.
- Sexual orgasm disorders- If you are on certain medications or have been experiencing frequent bouts of anxiety, attaining climax can be a headache. Patients of this disorder either fail to have an orgasm or it is extremely delayed.
- Sexual pain disorders- Pain disorders are more common in women. In most cases, painful intercourse is the result of lack of arousal. If the vagina is not sufficiently lubricated, a woman might experience severe pain. Pain can also be the symptom of a serious underlying disease like vaginismus. A medical condition where a man faces painful erection due to excess accumulation of blood in the penis is referred to as priapism. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.