Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Subrata Lahiri
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Subrata LahiriYour feedback matters!
Sir earlier I had diagnose with high cholesterol. My tg was 272 Hdl was 40 and ldl was 130 Then my gp advice me to take tonact tg for 3 months. After that I checked my cholesterol and it was dropped. But. I was simply checked again my lipid profile. 2 days back. It's again high. Shud I have to take cholesterol lowering medication for life sir? Please advise me Can't I ever. Eat chicken or meat? Plzzzz sir clear my doubts.
Sir I recently completed blood test in my body and my cholesterol Level LDL 165 mg/dl but my high sensitivity c reactive protein 1.04. Sir please guide me what possibility heart disease and suggest what treatment and medicine.
I am 25 years old. My blood pressure is 137/92 is it good or bad. Because my backside head paining. How to control it suggest me.
My total cholesterol is : 92 mg/DL HDl is : 30 Ldl is : 38 Vldl is :24 triglycerides: 122 Chol/HDl ratio : 3 Please advice diet to follow if HDl is required to improve. Please advice.
I am 61 yes old having pain in my left knee only I have high BP and taking Telsar H tablet one daily Doctor suggested me cycling Will cycling help me in BP issue also and can it be good for sugar issue also.
I have a acute pain on my left chest on skin level and little bit inner. And also have mild pain on my left color bone and left shoulder joint. Also feel some difference in temperature like a coldness on my left hand and also left leg. I check a ecg 6month back and found nothing serious on heart what should i do now. My ldl is high now it is 183 and totla cholestrol is 253. Please Advice
My wife had treatment for Cancer. And was out of problem since 2013 Sept. Since then is a victim of High B.P AND Depression . Was also patient of Digestive disorder like either constipation or Hyper acidity. Please Guide.
Serum Triglycerides is 292 and Serum VLDL cholesterol is 58.4. Please suggest remedy to control this Bad cholesterol and a suitable diet.
Hi doctors, I recently had got 2 ecg which show abnormality then in morning I had again got it this time it was normal. I also had done blood test which tell us if I had heart attack. That report is normal (negative). I have shoulder pain in left side now. Recently 4 months ago I had gone for Ego and Treadmill test which was normal. Is there anything to worry.
I am 49 year old and get missing heart beats on specific situations such as high anxiety, cold weather, having fast paced walk, less sleep. I am on metolar xr 50, angizar 50 and ecosprin av 75 for blood pressure control. Is it serious? My general physician says to ignore it.
Sir, I have high fever and suffering from cold. I want more satisfaction please do something. It has high blood pressure too.
I want to know that my doctor has order for mri chest. Can you please tell what does it look for. Either lungs or heart. Or both of them. please help me out. Is there any side effect.
Bad breath is a dental problem which could also emanate due to poor digestion. It can also be experienced as a side effect of other ailments as well as medications. Smoking and bad diet may lead to this and it usually becomes a matter of low self-esteem as time goes by. Homeopathy is one of the most natural forms of medication, treatment and wellness when it comes to such problems that affect the lifestyle of the patient. These medicines usually combine very small doses of naturally found elements so as to cure an ailment or condition. Yet, it is important to remember that one must get a prescription for these medicines from a professional medical practitioner.
Read on to know more about the types of homeopathic remedies available for bad breath.
- Merc Sol: If your bad breath problem also comes with symptoms like a moist mouth or constant dribbling, then this medicine may be prescribed. This usually happens when the salivary glands become too active and produce more moisture than what the mouth can handle on a normal basis.
- Pulsatilla: This medicine is usually prescribed if the patient complains of a dry mouth along with a bad breath problem. This helps in treating related symptoms like the lack of proper hydration due to the lack of thirst. Not drinking enough water can also lead to the problem of dry mouth and thereafter, a bad odour from the mouth.
- Kreosote: This medicine is considered as a very effective medication for bad breath, especially if the bad breath takes place due to caries in the teeth. This medicine can also help patients who are experiencing bleeding gums along with caries and bad breath.
- Hepar Sulphur and Carbo Veg: The combination of these two medicines is known as one of the best when it comes to treating bad breath. The other symptoms that call for the prescription of these medicines include Gingivitis or gum infection related problems and symptoms. When there is bleeding and pus in the gums due to the infection, then this medicine is usually prescribed. Excessive salivation is also another symptom that is treated by this medicine combination. Hepar Sulphur can be used if there is a throat-related infection or ailment that can lead to the problem of bad breath.
- Carbolic Acid: A homeopathic doctor will usually prescribe this medicine if the problem of bad breath is accompanied by intense and perpetual pain in the abdomen. The patient will also complain of gas in stomach due to the ailment that affects the stomach in such cases. This gives rise to many symptoms including bad breath. Loss of appetite is also treated by this medicine. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.
While you may be worried about being affected with coronary diseases just because your forefathers suffered from it, there are various factors that are absolutely in your sole control. With a little change in lifestyle and following a well-regulated routine, you can easily keep your hereditary cardiac diseases at bay.
- Take a Healthy Diet Regularly: Increase the amount of green leafy vegetables and colourful fruits in your regular diet as they are rich in phytonutrients and other anti-oxidants, vitamins, fibres, minerals as well as anti-inflammatory molecules that would increase your immunity.
- Regulate Your Blood-Sugar Level: Studies show that blood sugar is a great contributor to cardiac diseases. So try to replace your high-carb diet with loads of fibre, protein and healthy fats to keep your blood-sugar level in control.
- Increase the Intake of Fibre: Try to increase the amount of fibre in your food chart by having lots of fresh fruits and vegetables, nuts and soya so that it amounts up to at least 50 grams a day. You may even include fibre supplements in your diet.
- Stay Away From Processed and Junk Food: We know you are crazy about fast food, but you must also include sodas, processed jams, fruit juices and soft drinks as well, which are the greatest contributors to diabetes and in turn lead to heart diseases.
- Increase the Intake of Omega-3 Fatty Acids: Try to include cold-water fish like sardine, salmon and herring along with flax seeds and sea weeds. This 'good' fat would keep your cholesterol level in check and lower down the amount of malicious LDL levels and transform them into harmless LDL particles.
- Get Rid of all Hydrogenated Food: This implies that you should abstain from having cookies, margarine, baked stuff and crackers. Don't be fooled by the label saying, "no trans-fat" and instead look for healthy coconut, olive or sesame oil.
- Abstain from Consuming Alcohol: Alcohol can do no good to any organ of your body. Instead, it triggers the amount of triglycerides, causes fatty liver and creates sugar imbalance in your body. By reducing alcohol consumption you can reduce inflammation, which causes various chronic diseases.
- Have good quality supplements: Along with having a healthy diet and workout, you must try to take in multivitamin and mineral supplements regularly to keep fit and active all around the year.
- Exercise Regularly: Researches report that a minimum of half an hour's exercise is required by our body regularly. After all, the heart is a muscle, and you must work out regularly to keep it healthy for a longer span.
- Manage your Stress Levels: Stress alone can lead to a fatal heart attack without prior signal. Take the time out to indulge in yoga, meditation, tai chi or anything that would keep your stress levels under control and help you to lead a happier, healthier life.
These 10 easy ways will help you to prevent cardiac diseases; but you must consult a responsive cardiologist at the earliest.