Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Physicians online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Acne/Pimples
Weight Loss Treatment
Treatment of Headaches
Treatment of Fever
Treatment of Hair Fall
Treatment of Red Eyes
Treatment of Masturbation Addiction
Treatment of Hair Loss
Treatment & Management of Cold
Treatment of Stomach Pain
Treatment of Body Weakness
Treatment of Female Hair Loss
Treatment of Dandruff
Prevention & Treatment of Diabetes
Treatment of Itching
Treatment of Greying Hair
Treatment of Sleeping Problems
Treatment of Erection Problems
Treatment Of Acne Scars
Treatment of Knee Pain
Submit a review for Dr. Subhash Chander GeraYour feedback matters!
My father was a diabetic patient and he is using insulin as a medicine, what are the remedies to keep the level of diabetics low and is there any necessity for tests.
My age is 17 years I am my ssc board examination presently and I have got headache from 3 days. When I look here and there then I found that head is heavy and also when I swallow saliva or any liquid I found my ears are sticky what should I do?
I have an constant urge to go to the bathroom, but not able to clear myself. Plus I have stomach pain also. I am facing this problem for quite some time now. Pl advise.
I tried to have sex but before even I insert I ejaculated, only slept on her body and pressed and kissed the boobs thats it I ejaculated. Please help.
I have a problem with my pennies, as it gets exited the pennies head is not coming out the fore skin is this a problem whether this will affect while having sex with my girl friend please help me out (as I never had a sex with my girl friend she is very upset with that) please help me please.
Hi doc I have a sexual problem that I can't be last long on bed, maybe I have a problem of early ejaculation. Will you please prefer me any medicine.
Right dome of diaphragm is mildly elevated what it mean can it be cured is it dangerous.Please tell.
Hello Doctor. I am suffering from indigestion from 4 days and dysentery from 3 days. I can't sleep due to the stomach problem. The stomach sometimes pains and mostly feels unpleasant. Dysentery occurs 9 times a day. Vomiting occurred twice and after eating their is a urge to vomit it out. I ate burger and sandwich and after this this condition happened. It makes me feel weak and exhausted. I can't take it any more. Please help me out with it.
Dear Sir/Madam, I want to know that, me & my wife are single partner to each other & we want to do oral sex. Can u suggest me what to do or not, & what precaution can be done. We are happy with vaginal sex also, but to are excited to do oral sex. Please guide us for better oral sex.
I am 28 year old female, on TTC form last one year, Dr. detected ovarian cyst, and advice oral contraceptives pills for 2 months. What should I do? I don't want to take pills.
I am having pimples. How can I control them? I have oily skin and sweating is more. Sir / mam help me solving this problem?
The quote 'Good day starts with coffee' suits a lot of people who love nothing more than a cup of coffee every morning. However, your morning tryst with a cup of coffee might not be a very healthy habit. Believe it or not, addiction to caffeine (in the form of coffee) is as harmful as addiction to any other drug. In fact, caffeine is a legal drug that slowly and gradually damages your gastrointestinal tract. Here are the negative effects of coffee on your digestive system:
- Increases Acidity: Coffee is known to contain different kinds of oils, acids and caffeine. These compounds have an adverse impact on the digestive system. The stomach and intestinal linings get damaged due to the over-consumption of these compounds in the form of coffee. Moreover, as you take coffee, your stomach produces more hydrochloric acid for digestion. This causes acidity and hampers the HCL levels altogether. When we take coffee regularly for years in empty stomach, our body's capacity of producing proper amounts of HCL gets hampered. Often, HCL production gets reduced as well. This leads to indigestion of other food items and effects flatulence and produces unwanted gases due to the improper breaking of proteins and fats by the body.
- Ulcers and Irritable Bowel Syndrome: Doctors believe that coffee acts as an irritant for patients of Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), gastritis, Crohn's disease, colitis and ulcers. Coffee is responsible for the irritation of the lining of stomach and intestine. It is also noticed that certain enzymes present in the coffee beans are also harmful to the gastrointestinal tract.
- Heartburn: Coffee is responsible for relaxing the esophageal sphincter muscle. The relaxation of this muscle hinders the process of digestion and causes acid-reflux, resulting in heartburn. It is known to have compounds that have diuretic, laxative and mineral blocking effects on the body.
- Laxative Effects: Coffee stimulates the process of peristalsis or movement of food through the gastrointestinal tract. The peristalsis starts immediately after food is swallowed by the individual. The intake of coffee catalyzes peristalsis and consequently leads to emptying of the stomach even before the food is digested properly. The semi-digested food is sent to the intestine too early, causing injury to the intestine and hampering the absorption of nutrients.
- Affects absorption of minerals: Caffeine reduces the ability of the stomach to absorb iron and also hinders the absorption of minerals like calcium, zinc and magnesium by the kidney. All these minerals help in digestion at different points and regulate the bowel movement.
Coffee is known to have benefits like reduction of constipation and sugar absorption. But, it also interferes with the smooth functioning of the digestive system. It has a tendency to increase stomach aches, disturb the fluid balance and the overall process of digestion. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gastroenterologist.