Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sri Bala JainYour feedback matters!
She is a girl of 21 years old. Having a pain in lower abdominal. And this is not steady. Pain occurs suddenly in lower abdominal mainly right and left side. Which sometime causes loose motions. What is the reasons sir?
When you're exposed to the cold, the first line of defense is to wear loose-fitting and dry clothing (wet clothing makes it difficult to maintain a normal body temperature). Dress in layers. If you work in the cold, or exercise outside, wear clothing made of polypropylene, which will wick perspiration away from the skin and keep your body dry. Also, wear a hat and scarf. It's true that 40 to 50 percent of our body heat can be lost from the surface of the head and neck. And no, it doesn't matter if you have a thick head of hair. You still need protection.
Here are some other ways to protect yourself from winter's cold shoulder:
Protect your hands and feet. Wear mittens when possible because your fingers can share warmth (regular gloves are good, but mittens have the edge.) wear socks that will keep your feet dry and warm. Some people wear a light liner sock made of a material that wicks away moisture next to the foot and then put a natural fiber sock over it. Try to wear the higher cut socks, not the low risers.
Protect your lips. Use lip balm to keep your lips from drying out from the cold and windy weather.
Avoid dehydration. As long as fluids are not restricted by your physician, drink plenty of water to stay well hydrated.
Dress properly. Wear outer clothing that shields the wind and sun from your skin. Cold and windy air causes a wind-chill effect that is much colder and more dangerous than the outside air temperature.
Avoid alcohol. Alcohol causes your body to lose heat, in addition to contributing to dehydration.
Be prepared. When traveling by car, keep extra socks, blankets, water and snacks on hand in case a mechanical problem, storm or empty gas tank leaves you stranded.
Inquire about your meds. Ask your physician or pharmacist if any of the medications you take can make you more susceptible to a cold-weather illness.
Protect your children. Instruct the kids to come inside when they feel cold, or if their clothes get wet.
Play it safe. Because they pose a strangulation risk, it's best not to wrap children in scarves. Instead, use a neck" gaiter, which stays in place and keeps your child warm without risk.
Eat light. A snack before going out in the cold is better than a heavy meal, which requires a large blood flow to the gastrointestinal system to aid in digestion. The digestive process may prevent warm blood from circulating to your fingers and toes. Save the heavier meal for when you are safely back inside.
Now that you are an expert in cold-weather safety, perhaps you can help jack frost from nipping at his own nose!
I am 22 years old, now in fifth month (18th week) of pregnancy. Some white liquid is coming from my breast when suck means. Thanks.
Is Green tea more effective for skin and health? I take green tea. And I have a stool problem. There is any problem for me.
Hello I have been married for 3 years and still I am unable to conceive. My reports are normal and also that of my partner' s. Kindly help.
I have irregular period issue nd I am married since 4 years, not using any precautions. But still have not conceived. My wait is 80. And having thyroid problem also. What should I do first? To regulate my period, or to conceive a baby. Why I am not getting pregnant? Is thyroid treatment important to get rid of my weight?
Dear Doctors, I would to ask one question on behalf of my Girlfriend, She's saying about her periods will happen in 2-3 months how true is this?
Ovulation cycle and pregnancy go hand in hand. Simply put, if you cannot ovulate, you cannot become pregnant. Ovulation is the way that the body matures eggs and makes it possible to become pregnant. By calculating your ovulation cycle, you can figure out when you are most fertile, and plan accordingly.
Hi, I got bleed after 2 days of my sex which I had with my boyfriend even we used protection, so I thought it bcz of my mensuration cycle, but it didn't happen next day so now we are worrying about it what actually it was, I need some suggestions, is it because of body heat or something went wrong even I have a doubt that am I pregnant?
Hi doctor. My cycle delayed and I am at day 35. Jus gone for beta hcg test today. Value is 57.5. Am I pregnant? later tonight I found spotting and I m restles now. What should I do now doctor? is it positive?
Indian traditions are more like the first lessons which are taught by the elders of the house. These traditions are often followed without any doubts and questions. These traditions are not just followed for the sake of religious rituals but have deep rooted scientific reasons associated with the same.
Some of the interpretations of these rituals are as follows:
- Namaste: When we greet someone or meet someone for the first time we join both our hands in for Namaste. This is done out of sheer respect for the person. Doing Namaste activates the acupuncture points of the fingertips and helps us to remember the person.
- Ushapan: This is the practice of drinking water from a copper utensil. This helps in absorbing the extra heat of the body thereby maintaining the body temperature. The water should be kept overnight in the copper pot before drinking it. It is believed that drinking water from a copper pot helps in bowel movement, cleaning of the stomach and creating digestive juices.
- Sukhasan: When ones sits on the floor with crossed leg is referred to as sukhasan. When having food in this position then a person has to bend and eat as they might have to move up and down while eating. When this happens the stomach is pushed while bending and the back is straight before taking the next bite. This movement leads to muscular movements thereby helping to produce digestive juices and aids in swallowing as well.
- Vamakukshi and shatapawali: Vamakukshi is referred to as the afternoon nap post lunch. Sleeping on the left side helps in the digestion of the food. Though prolonged sleeps can make a person lazy, a quick 10 minutes nap is recommended as it allows a person to be fresh. Shatapwali means taking 100 steps, to be more appropriate it is the walk after dinner. This helps in the digestion of food as the gas created after consuming food is moved and the pressure in the chest is reduced. The above terms literally explain the famous praise, "After lunch sleep a while, after dinner walk a mile."
- Ear piercing: Though ear piercings are looked at as a fashion ornament, but as per the Hindu traditions these help in decision making, thinking abilities and intellectual development and also to some extent an acupressure point. It is ideal to get a baby's ear pierced by the 12th day of her birth, as it is believed that getting ears pierced early leads to acquiring the quality of minimal speech.
- Touching feet of elders: This is known as one of the best exercises as it aids in blood circulation, helps in stretching and pushing the organs, improves excretion and digestion and strengthens the physique. It is also believed to transfer an aura and positive energy from the person whose feet are being touched. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a general physician.
Doctor I have got my ultrasound done .the report was normal. Doctor I am sensing swelling in stomach. Also my menses are 3 days late. Is there any chances of pregnancy if I had last sex in sept and til then I have got menses twice i.e on 25sept and 24th oct .or is there any chance I am pregnant. Doctor can the ultrasound be wrong?
Milk is an essential part of the diet for many people across the world. Most humans are able to digest milk now and it has many benefits to offer. One of the easiest milks to digest is certainly cow milk. Let's take a good look at all those amazing benefits that a glass of milk can offer you:
Reasons for drinking cow milk:
- Improves heart health Cow's milk consumed in moderate amounts regularly has shown to reduce the risk of heart disease. Milk contains potassium, which is effective in vasodilation, and thus helps in reducing blood pressure. This in turn, puts less pressure on the heart and lowers the chances of cardiovascular diseases.
- Bone health: This is probably one of the most touted advantages of drinking milk. Milk contains copious amounts of calcium and thus its consumption is said to be good for bones. Milk also has vitamin D, vitamin C, potassium and other nutrients that increase bone strength. Drinking milk has also been linked to lowered chances of osteoporosis.
- Improves skin health: Milk and milk products have been used for a very long time in skin care products. However, drinking milk in controlled amounts will also result in better skin as it is known to be rich in nutrients, such as vitamin A, among others.
- Helps in muscle development: Muscle development is very important, especially in children and for that to happen, a lot of protein is required. Milk is a great source of protein, and thus drinking it on a regular basis will help you develop muscles. Even adults who want to build more muscle mass should consume milk.
- Protects teeth: This is especially true in the case of adolescents or children, as milk can be a counter against acidic substances and thus can actually protect tooth enamel. It also good for teeth as it contains calcium and helps strengthen gums as well.
- A balanced supplement for many nutrients: Milk contains a host of nutrients, which may not be provided by many of the foods you consume on a daily basis. Milk has many vitamins for better eyesight, carbohydrates for energy, protein to build muscle and is often fortified with other minerals and vitamins essential for the body.