Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sri Bala Jain
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sri Bala JainYour feedback matters!
Hi , I am 25 year old, I am married, I feel pain in my private part during sex with my husband. We have complete 7 month of marriage. I am not pregnant. Please solve my problem.
My daughter is 2 years 4 months old. She has stopped feeding during day. However i'm not able to wean off her during night. She sleeps with feeding and wakes up 2-3 times in night. She is eating food properly. Please help me regarding this.
A variety of methods are used during natural childbirth to help the mother. Pain management techniques other than analgesics and epidural analgesia include hydrotherapy, massage, relaxation therapy, hypnosis, breathing exercises, music therapy etc. These days ldr (labour, delivery and recovery) rooms are available in many hospitals for a better experience of the delivery as the husband or any other close relative can be present in these rooms along with the labouring mother throughout labour. The comfort of these rooms along with safe analgesic methods help in increasing the incidence of natural childbirth.
Some myths are attached with labour and the methods used in aiding the mother during labour-
1. Epidural analgesia leads to caesarian sections in most cases.
This belief is still held by some, but recent studies have shown that epidurals do not cause an increase in caesarian sections. In fact this aids in making the labour smoother and by reducing the extreme pain it helps the mother both mentally and physically.
2. Induction of labour always leads to a faster labour.
Some mothers wish for a normal delivery but do not want to wait for natural pains. They want to deliver on the day of their liking. This can be done by induction of labour. But induction of labour does not always work. It works best when the cervix has already begun to soften and dilate. You may go in for your 39 or 40 week appointment hoping for a labour induction only to be told that your cervix is not favourable to be induced
It is also possible to have a failed induction. This means that inspite of giving full dosage of labour inducing drugs you do not get pains at all.
3. Childbirth is best without any medication.
Natural childbirth, with the aid of relaxation exercises and deep breathing in between contractions, offers one option for pain management. But there are situations when labour is much prolonged due to a slight abnormal presentation of the babyâs head, or the uterine contractions are not effective or the mother has got exhausted, here medication will definitely help in aiding the mother to go through the labour and have a normal delivery. Therefore an unmedicated birth is ideal, but a happy, healthy birth is also possible with the use of medicines.
This may or may not be true depending on the reason of your caesarian section. Vaginal births after caesarian are becoming increasingly more common. You will need to discuss with your doctor whether a normal delivery will be possible for you.
8. Next labour will be easier.
This may or may not be true for you. Generally speaking, consequent labours are shorter in duration, but that is not always true. Shorter does not always mean easier. This time your baby could be bigger than your first or the babyâs head could be in a slightly abnormal position leading to a longer labour which could be even longer and more difficult than the previous one. Also if there is a long gap of many many years in between the pregnancies then it may be like the first labour.
All said, always think positive, labour is a wonderful experience. The pain just vanishes on seeing your babyâs face. Take antenatal classes where you are told about various exercises which will help you go through a smooth labour. Discuss with your doctor about various pain relieving methods during labour. God has made all women brave enough to go through a normal and natural childbirth.
No matter what your desired weight goal may be, you should never starve yourself to lose weight. This slows down your metabolism and is counterproductive. Eating a balanced meal along with exercise is the best diet plan. However, there are some foods that should be avoided.
- Aerated drinks: Aerated drinks like sodas and soft drinks are equivalent to junk food. They do not offer any nutritional value and can lead to weight gain instead. Aerated drinks have a high sugar content that influences the blood sugar levels. Aerated drinks also often leave you feeling thirstier instead of hydrated.
- Processed foods: Processed foods should be avoided whether you are on a diet or not. They contain preservative and harmful chemicals that can harm the body. They also have a high sugar content and unhealthy fat content. Processed foods include chips, pasta, pizza, burgers, noodles and cookies that can easily be made at home using fresh, healthier ingredients.
- Added sugars: Simply eliminating sugar from your diet in the form of jams, sweets, breads and cakes can have a big impact on your weight. Added sugars do not include food that is rich in natural sugars like fruits. Manmade sugar has no nutrient value and is very high in calories. Brown sugar or honey is a much healthier alternative to processed sugar and can be used to replace it.
- Deep fried food: The healthiest of ingredients if cooked in an unhealthy manner can rid it of nutrients and pack on calories instead. Deep frying should be completely avoided if you are trying to lose weight. Deep frying makes food difficult to digest and leads to fat absorption. Instead, try grilling or steaming your food or eat it raw if possible.
- White flour: White flour can lead to high blood pressure, cholesterol and weight gain. Instead replace white flour with whole wheat flour or oats to make it healthier without interfering too much with the taste.
- Desserts: Most desserts fall into the category of food to be avoided as they are heavy on sugar content and made with white flour. Many desserts also use a lot of creams that can lead to cholesterol problems.
However, not all desserts fall into this category. Ice lollies are a viable alternative to ice creams while muffins and frosting free cupcakes made with whole wheat flour can be used to replace pastries and cakes. Chopped fresh fruits are the healthiest way to end a meal on a sweet note. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.
I'm getting married in next month but somewhere I'm afraid of pain after the first intercourse. Can you suggest any medicine, oil or any yoga position to relieve the pain after intercourse?
She has pcos & because of that she is having so many pimples on her back, forearm, face (now lil less) can you please suggest what to do?
1. Bitter melon may help you lose weight.
Bitter melon is a very low-calorie food. One cup of bitter melon contains only 16 calories and contains 3 grams of dietary fiber. This low-calorie nutritionally-dense food is great for staying full and help one lose weight.
2. Bitter melon may help improve your digestive system's health.
Dietary fiber stimulates peristaltic motion and increases the secretion of stomach juices, which eases digestion, prevents conditions like constipation, and protects the body from more serious conditions like colorectal cancer.
3. Bitter melon can assist in antioxidant defense.
Bitter melon contains the essential mineral called manganese, which is important for several enzymes important in energy production and antioxidant defenses. Also, the vitamin C in bitter melon is a powerful natural water-soluble antioxidant that helps the body develop resistance against infectious agents and eliminates cancer-causing free radicals in the body.
4. Bitter melon is great for keeping the hair and skin vibrant and strong.
Adequate vitamin C intake does not only improve the immune system but can also create and maintain collagen, an important protein found in hair and skin.
5. Bitter melon can also improve one’s nervous system.
Bitter melon also provides the brain the necessary amino acids, vitamins, and minerals. Some vitamins, including vitamin B9, or folic acid, play an important role in the regulation of specific amino acids that the nervous system requires. Studies have shown that a deficient amount of dietary folate can increase the homocysteine levels, which can be a dangerous precursor to neurodegenerative diseases.
6. Bitter melon is helpful for pregnant women and their babies.
Bitter melon is a good source of Vitamin B-complex like folate. Folate has shown to help in neural tube formation and red blood cell formation in prenatal babies. A deficiency of folic acid in pregnant women can lead to the birth of underweight infants and may also result in neural tube defects in newborns.
7. Bitter melon can help maintain a healthy blood pressure.
A. Ayurveda is an art and science of healing, a way of long, happy and healthy living. It literally means'to know about life.
Q. How it is defined?
A. It is defined as one which informs to look after the welfare of all human beings in particular and beings in general with regard to their physical, socio-cultural and spiritual well being.
Q. What is its antiquity?
A. It existed right from the beginning of life on the surface of this globe, in some systematize form. A systematize knowledge of ayurveda came into existence thousands of years before christ (b. C.).