Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Sree BalajainYour feedback matters!
Green tea is believed to be one of the healthiest beverages. It is rich in nutrients and antioxidants, which have a positive effect on the body. Some of the benefits, which it provides are lesser risk of cancer, fat loss, and an improved function of the brain. The latest study about green tea reveal that it boosts memory and can make you smart!
Listed here are some of the most amazing health benefits of having green tea which have been backed by research:
- The presence of bioactive compounds in green tea helps to improve the health. It is enriched with polyphenols like flavonoids and catechins, which are considered to be powerful antioxidants. These reduce the free radical formation in the body thereby, protecting the cells from damage.
- The compounds found in green tea helps to improve the brain function, thus making you smarter. The main ingredient is caffeine. Though not as much as in coffee, it is enough to create a response. Caffeine blocks Adenosine, an inhibitory neurotransmitter and increases the neurons and thus the concentration of the neurotransmitters like the norepinephrine and dopamine. It also has an amino acid L-theanine which increases the activity of the inhibitory neurotransmitter GABA. Caffeine and L-theanine work together to improve the brain function.
- The antioxidants found in green tea can actually lower the risk of cancer. The oxidative damages lead to cancer and antioxidants have a protective effect against cancer. As green tea is enriched with antioxidants it reduces the cancer risk. Milk should not be added in this tea as it reduces the value of the antioxidants.
- Green tea lowers the risk of Parkinson's and Alzheimer's. Thereby, protecting the brain in old age. Alzheimer's is a neurodegenerative disease, which causes dementia. Parkinson's being the second common neurodegenerative disease also involves death of dopamine, produced by the neurons of the brain. The bioactive compounds of the green tea have multiple protective effects and reduce the risk of these disorders.
- The dental health can be given a boost by drinking green tea. The catechins found in green tea stop the growth of certain virus and bacteria. This helps to lower the risk of infections and in turn improves the dental health, halitosis and caries.
- The risk of type 2 diabetes, which is considered to be an epidemic disease can be lowered by having green tea. In diabetes there is an increased blood sugar level and green tea improves this insulin sensitivity.
- Green tea lowers the LDL and total cholesterol. It also protects against the LDL particles from oxidation. This is turn is believed to lower the risk of cardiovascular disease.
Check your sleep quality
Do you wake up with stiffness, numbness, or aches and pains? Do you feel tired when you wake up in the morning? Do you find that you sleep better in hotel bed than your own? These can all be signs that your mattress doesn’t provide the support and comfort that you need and should be replaced
Check your mattress:
Look for visible signs of wear and tear on your mattress. If your mattress looks tired, sagging, lumpy, dented or worn, it is time to retire it.
Check the time:
If your mattress is 7 years or older, a new mattress will likely improve your sleep. Also think of any lifestyle or body changes that may have occurred since you purchased your mattress. If you have gotten married, developed back problems, increased or decreased your activity, then your old mattress may no longer be the best fit for the person you are today.
check with your partner:
If your partner is tossing and turning all night, it probably means your mattress isn’t providing the support they need. And if they are tossing and turning all night, you probably aren’t getting much sleep either. That means the mattress no longer reduces motion transfer like it should.
I am 22 years old female unmarried, ht 4.10 wt-75, my question is dat I always fyl discomfort in my vagina and urethra while doing exercise like jumping and dancing and hav a slight pain during urination done urine test bt is normal, I fyl sumtyms dat sumthng is stuck in my vagina and I hav a burning and stingy sensation in my vagina, I notice a slippery white discharge always in my vagina and sumtyms I fyl some secretion which is hot secreted by my vagina. Is this normal?
Sir last night me and my friend get involved in some sexual moment but I doesn't ejaculate inside her vagina so is there any risk. If yes then please tell me what should I do. What pills we should take.
Health is Wealth
आधुनिक जीवन शैली की तेज रफ्तार एवं भागदौड़ भरी जिंदगी में सेहत का विषय बहुत पीछे रह गया है और नतीजा यह निकला की आज हम युवावस्था में ही ब्लड प्रेशर, डायबिटीज, ह्रदय रोग, कोलेस्ट्रोल, मोटापा, गठिया, थायरॉइड जैसे रोगों से पीड़ित होने लगे हैं जो कि पहले प्रोढ़ावस्था एवं व्रद्धावस्था में होते थे और इसकी सबसे बड़ी वजह है खान पान और रहन सहन की गलत आदतें, आओ हम सेहत के इन् नियमों का पालन करके खुद भी स्वस्थ रहे तथा परिवार को भी स्वस्थ रखते हुए अन्य लोगों को भी अच्छे स्वास्थय के लिए जागरूक करें ताकि एक स्वस्थ एवं मजबूत समाज और देश का निर्माण हो,क्योंकि कहा भी गया है-पहला सुख निरोगी काया l
भोजन हो संतुलित- घी,तैल से बनी चीजें जैसे पूड़ी,पराँठे,छोले भठूरे,समोसे कचौड़ी,जंक फ़ूड,चाय,कॉफी ,कोल्ड ड्रिंक का ज्यादा सेवन सेहत के लिए घातक है इनका अधिक मात्रा में नियमित सेवन ब्लड प्रेशर ,कोलेस्ट्रोल,मधुमेह,मोटापा एवं हार्ट डिजीज का कारण बनता है तथा पेट में गैस,अल्सर,ऐसीडिटी,बार बार दस्त लगना,लीवर ख़राब होना जैसी तकलीफें होने लगती हैं इनकी बजाय खाने में हरी सब्जियां,मौसमी फल,दूध,दही,छाछ,अंकुरित अनाज और सलाद को शामिल करना चाहिए जो की विटामिन,खनिज लवण,फाइबर,एव जीवनीय तत्वों से भरपूर होते हैं और शरीर के लिए बहुत फायदेमंद होते हैं l
चीनी एवं नमक का अधिक मात्रा में सेवन ना करें,ये डायबिटीज,ब्लड प्रेशर,ह्रदय रोगों का कारण हैं l
बादाम,किशमिश,अंजीर,अखरोट आदि मेवा सेहत के लिए बहुत लाभकारी होते हैं इनका सेवन अवश्य करें
पानी एवं अन्य लिक्विड जैसे फलों का ताजा जूस,दूध,दही,छाछ,नींबू पानी,नारियल पानी का खूब सेवन करें,इनसे शरीर में पानी की कमी नहीं हो पाती,शरीर की त्वचा एवं चेहरे पर चमक आती है,तथा शरीर की गंदगी पसीने और पेशाब के दवारा बाहर निकल जाती है l
व्यायाम का करें नियमित अभ्यास– सूर्योदय से पहले उठकर पार्क जाएं,हरी घास पर नंगे पैर घूमें,दौड़ लगाएं,वाक करें,योगा,प्राणायाम करें,इन उपायों से शरीर से पसीना निकलता है,माँस पेशियों को ताकत मिलती है,शरीर में रक्त का संचार बढ़ता है,अनेक शारीरिक एवं मानसिक रोगों से बचाव होता है,पूरे दिन भर बदन में चुस्ती फुर्ती रहती है,भूख अच्छी लगती है इसलिए नियमित रूप से व्यायाम अवश्य करें l
गहरी नींद भी है जरुरी -शरीर एवं मन को स्वस्थ रखने के लिए प्रतिदिन लगभग 7 घंटे की गहरी नींद एक वयस्क के लिए जरुरी है,लगातार नींद पूरी ना होना तथा बार बार नींद खुलना,अनेक बीमारियों का कारण बनता हैl
अच्छी नींद के लिए ये उपाय करें- सोने का कमरा साफ सुथरा,शांत एवं एकांत में होना चाहिए,रात को अधिकतम 10-11 बजे तक सो जाना और सुबह 5-6 बजे तक उठ जाना स्वास्थ्य के लिए अच्छा माना जाता है,सोने से पहले शवासन करने से अच्छी नींद आती है,खाना सोने से 2-3 घंटे पहले कर लेना चाहिए एवं शाम को खाना खाने के बाद 20-25 मिनट अवश्य घूमें l
टेंशन को कहें बाय बाय – रोज मर्रा की जिंदगी में आने वाली समस्यों के लिए चिंतन करना सही है चिंता करना नहीं,चिता तो फिर भी मरने के बाद शरीर को जलाती है किन्तु लगातार अनावश्यक चिंता जीते जी शरीर को जला देती है इसलिए तनाव होने पर भाई,बंधू एवं विश्वास पात्र मित्रों से सलाह मश्वरा करें यदि समस्या फिर भी ना सुलझे तो विशेषज्ञ से राय लें l
नशे से रहें बच के- यूवा पीढ़ी के लिए कोई सबसे खतरनाक बीमारी है तो वो है नशे के जाल में फँसना,शराब,धूम्रपान,तम्बाकू ये सब सेहत के दुश्मन हैं,किसी भी स्थिति में नशे की लत से बचें,यदि नशे से बचे हुए हैं तो बहुत अच्छा किन्तु,यदि कोई नशा करते हैं तो जितनी जल्दी नशे से दुरी बना लें उतना ही अच्छा है,ये ऐसी बीमारी है जो कैंसर और एड्स से भी ज्यादा खतरनाक है और एकसाथ कई परिवारों को बर्बाद करती है तथा शारीरिक,मानसिक,आर्थिक एवं सामाजिक प्रतिष्ठा के नाश का कारण बनती है,इसलिए नशे से बचना ही बेहतर उपाय है l
We felt to don't want children's now, but on 27th sept we had sex and she took I pill, she got periods on time I.e 5th Oct, and again we met on 13th Oct and now again she took ipill here the problem is she got periods on on 20th Oct. What happened to her now? She getting headache and feeling nervous, telling stomach pain so what to do now?
Are the new birth control pills that eliminate your periods really safe? how to control the after effects of it.
All living creatures work on energy and a smooth functioning of the different metabolic processes in the body. The energies or “prana/chi/qi” are of different kinds and have their own distinct path of flow and influence. Air energy is better known as the air we breathe and from younger days we learn in school books that air purifies the blood in the lungs. The nose, the windpipe are the pathways and the transfer of energy happens in the lungs, on the blood. This blood feeds/influences the health of each and every cell of the body. The points of influence are the nose and windpipe.
Similarly, there are subtle energies that have their own specific pathways called Meridians. These energies are also associated with special metabolic functions and better known by names that associate with the main organ in the line of their path. For example, digestive energies are associated with the Liver meridian that follows a distinct path in the full body. There are specific zones along this path that can influence the manner in which energy flows along these paths and change the metabolic process of that energy meridian.
These points of influence are called äcu-points’. Pressure applied along these points is referred to as Acupressure treatment”. When needles are used, it is called Acupuncture treatment. The manner in which the Acupuncturist will choose a group of points will stimulate or sedate the activity of toes energies. This will allow the body to regain better health.
The needles help to regulate the flow of energy. Acupuncture is an exact science and needles are inserted into the skin at the point of influence. The depth of insertion, kind of needle, selection of points, angle in which needles are inserted, depth of needle insertion, twisting/turning of the needle, duration of therapy, the frequency of treatment; all these will create a change in the metabolic energies of the body.
A lot of research is being done all over the world to find out how this system works and what it is best suited for. Some medical conditions are easily treated and some take time. Very good medical clinical data is published in leading medical journal regarding these studies. Acupuncture has proved to be very useful in pain management; detoxification; healing enhancement; stress relief; improve digestion and few other health issues. Pure Acupressure medical science claims it is useful for all kinds of health disorder; modern medical research is by and by being able to prove this slowly.
Typically, the process of an Acupuncture treatment will follow these steps:
The acupuncture points are located throughout your body, and at times, the points may be located far away from a pain-affected area. The process of treatment involves the following steps:
- Needle insertion
- Around five to 20 needles are utilized in typical acupuncture treatments.
- The needles are quite thin and do not cause much discomfort.
- Needle manipulation
- After the needle insertion, the needles are moved or twirled. Sometimes, in addition to insertion, heat or electric pulses is applied to the needles.
- Needle removal
- Commonly, the acupuncture needles are kept in place for around 20 to 45 minutes while the patient is relaxed in a lying down position.
The most important benefits of acupuncture are as follows:
- Reduces headache and migraines
- It is quite effective for the management of chronic headaches.
- Based on several studies and research, it has been proven that acupuncture is ideal for the treatment of migraine headaches.
- The strategically placed acupuncture needles help in relieving the symptoms of headache.
- Improves pain of various types
- Acupuncture is considered to be effective in dealing with pain, such as chronic back pain, neck pain, knee pain and arthritis pain.
- Helps in insomnia treatment
- Acupuncture is beneficial in reducing the various symptoms of insomnia and sleeplessness.
- It works better than medicines and herbs for treating insomnia.
- Moreover, the treatment is not associated with adverse side effects.
- Helps in improving cancer and chemotherapy recovery
- Studies state that acupuncture is effective in boosting your immunity and enhances the recovery rate of patients undergoing cancer treatment.
- It also increases your platelet count and prevents the death of healthy cells after undergoing a radiation therapy or chemotherapy.
- It reduces the amount of pain involved in cancer treatment and improves your quality of life.
- The major side effect of chemotherapy includes nausea.
- Prevents cognitive decline
- Acupuncture is also effective in the treatment of Parkinson’s disease.
- The age-related cognitive decline symptoms that are caused because of a neutral response in certain areas of your brain are reduced by this treatment.
Acupuncture is also being successfully used to treat digestive disorders; hormone imbalances; stress and depression; bone healing; reducing inflammation; preventing to treating diabetes; overcome acidity; hair fall and many other diseases. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an acupuncturist.
My age is 30 years and I am unmarried. My problem is that my period is now happens only for 1 days and that too with very less bleeding. I am worried about my future pregnancy. Please let me know if there would be any problem in my future pregnancy?
Madam, my wife is 3 months pregnant. Some times she feel stomach pain not severe. From 3 day she discharge white color from vagina. Is it infection of baby or not. I am worried about my baby might be infected. Please tell me what to do?
Study from spain, diabetologia. Sept 15.