Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Sonia MadaanYour feedback matters!
My age is 27 I had 3 year baby trying for 2nd baby from 1 year but not succeed. My wife's menstrual cycle is normal. Need some help.
I got married 3 months before. Last period. Date was Nov 28. But still now I didn't get periods but today morning I got spotting. After afternoon its stopped. Can I get pregnant or not. Or can I go for checkup.
My wife is pregnant women and how should I maintain the diet and what is the best food procedure and is their any problem if I give her tender coconut daily.
Hi my periods are late by 5 day this month. What should I do? I and my boyfriend we had sex during my periods on the 1st day and prior the next day I took i-pill tablet. I am sure I dint get any symptom for pregnancy the day after till today. I am little worried though as to my my periods are late. Please advice me what should I do.
Is there any problem in having sex, laying with raised thigh position after conceiving? How safe it is to have sex after conception and how long? Please help.
I am 32 yrs old and 7 weeks pregnant. This is my second issue and my first child is 6 yrs old. Is it safe to travel by train during this period?
I have 28 days menstrual cycle . I want to know that in which time I am safe for unprotected sex. Or what is my safety time.
Dear sir/madam My wife has irregular menses that mean on 19 december 16 menses start and finished on 21st dec. I had sexual contact with her on 29th, 30th,31st, 1st jan, 2nd jan 17 to planning for conceive but unfortunately today i.e 7th January 17 found bleeding like menses. Pl tell me the reason? Which doctor I ve to consult?
Borderline personality disorder (BPD) is defined as a mood disorder that affects one's interaction and relationships with others. It generally develops during adolescence and persists into adulthood. It has been seen that those with a traumatic history of neglect or emotional, physical or sexual abuse are more prone to developing it. Though it affects people varyingly, these are some symptoms that help diagnose BPD.
1. Emotional instability - Intense feelings of rage, sorrow, anger, guilt and emptiness or loneliness are experienced by some sufferers of BPD. Extreme mood swings, lasting for a short span of time, are common in BPD. They may also have issues with their self-image where they cannot place themselves and don't know what they feel about themselves or who they are.
2. Disturbing thoughts - One may experience disturbed thinking and the range of severity is rather wide. One may question his or her existence and need constant reassurance to believe other, or hear voices that tell one to harm oneself or others. In some cases, hallucination and developing delusional beliefs become a common phenomenon that greatly upset the mental condition of the sufferer.
3. Impulsive behavior - Indulging in impulsive behavior is a common sign of BPD. Those suffering from BPD may develop suicidal tendencies and threaten to self-harm. Partaking in risky and irresponsible behavior such as gambling, drinking, drug abuse, having unprotected sex with strangers, going on unrestrained shopping sprees and shoplifting are not uncommon for those with BPD.
4. Intense but unstable relationships - Sufferers of BPD live in a fear of abandonment and feel that the people they love might leave them. They make all possible efforts to prevent being left alone. They may beg, cling and track their loved ones to avoid being left alone. The opposite may also occur and sufferers might feel that they are being smothered by others. This results in actively pushing away loved ones. A combination of these feelings leads sufferers to give out mixed signals which is confusing and often hurts them and their loved ones.
Related Tip: What Really Causes Personality Disorders?
"Men get naughty at 40 forty" but for women, the case may be very-very different. By their thirtieth birthday, many women begin complaining of a lowered libido or lack of interest in sex with their partner. This can be quite frustrating for both partners and can lead to a rift in the relationship. Hence, it becomes essential to pay attention to this condition.
The first step to finding a solution to any problem is to understand the factors that trigger it. Some causes for a lowered libido in women are:
- Birth Control and Medication: Birth control essentially manipulates the hormone levels in the body. While this may prevent unwanted pregnancies, a lowered libido is a common side effect of birth control medication. Antidepressants also have similar side effects.
- Over Working: Working hard is a good thing but too much of a good thing can have a negative effect on your health. In this case, overworking may lead to stress, anxiety, fatigue and burnout. This can lead to a weakened adrenal gland. The adrenal glands are responsible for the production of testosterone and in this way, working too hard can be the reason for women to not enjoy sex as much as they once used to.
- Hormonal Changes: With age, every woman faces hormonal changes. This can result in a lack of lubrication making intercourse uncomfortable. Over time, this can lower libido considerably.
- Ways to Enhance a Woman's Libido: A lowered libido isn't something you have to quietly accept. Here are a few ways to enhance a woman's libido.
- Go on a date: Intercourse is as much an emotional exercise as it is a physical one. Cutting back from other responsibilities, work, children etc and spending time alone with your partner can help you emotionally reconnect with him.
- Meditation: Meditation can help calm the mind and reduce stress. This, in turn, will enhance the production of testosterone in the adrenal glands and thereby enhance libido. Meditation can also help you disconnect from worries and tensions that may be weighing you down.
- Medication: When it comes to a diminished libido, medication may be an effective form of treatment, but it must be tailored to the individual. While estrogen skin creams may be beneficial for some women, others may benefit from testosterone supplements. A few antidepressants can also enhance a woman's libido by increasing dopamine and norepinephrine levels. Viagra can also help enhance a woman's libido especially in cases where the lowered libido was caused by antidepressants.