Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sonia MadaanYour feedback matters!
My wife is pregnant of 95 days, and her breasts getting hard than earlier, is this normal or otherwise?
What to do. During pregnancy in seventh month thyroid (TSH) is 13.09 while in second month TSH was 3.60. I am taking the dose eltroxin 75 from last three year. This is first pregnancy.
Homeopathy does offers certain medicines for swelling under the eyelids or around the eyelids. Medicines like kali carb, apis, china are often used. But the success of treatment depends on conditions like whether the swelling is oedematous in nature, or there is collection of fat, or there is lax tissue, or if this is a hereditary feature. If the eye bags show any variation in size with the day then they have a much better prognosis with homeopathy.
If the eye bags have developed after some illness or relatively recently, you may get benefit from constitutional treatment, covering you as a person.
Hi, I am pregnant of 9 months and 16 days I am having red pore like below my stomach till my private parts I don't know the reason please tell me. Also let me symptoms of delivery.
I am 23 years female. I am facing vaginal irritation n inflammation. I had sex for the first time day before yesterday. Please help me how will I cure it? I can't tell to any1 as I am unmarried please help me.
Hi Please clarify my doubts my wife she is carrying past 10 week (65 days), if I sex with him, baby can disturb or this is not time to sex with him. Please advice.
Hi doctor, me and my fiancee had made love, I dint penetrate but only touched her vagina with my penis. Is it possible that she will get pregnant. Because we don't want to conceive before marriage.
I'm 22 years old girl actually I'm 3 month pregnant lady can I do sex with my life partner during pregnancy time?
I have in relation with my husband without any protection but why I am not getting pregnant? Always my period is coming on time. Please tell me what should I do?
I am 31 yrs, I stopped feeding my 8months daughter. My breast milk is not drying since last week n I am going through lot of pain. What should I do so that it dries up.
Me and my teacher have kissed each other. Nd exchanged saliva. My lips were dry. But he was having wet lips. We kissed for 2 times at a time. I am worried now will it cause pregnancy? He touched my body but wid clothes. Will it also cause pregnancy?
Human sexuality is involves biological, erotic, physical, emotional, social, or spiritual feelings and behaviors.
The biological and physical aspects of sexuality largely concern the human reproductive functions, including the human sexual response cycle. Physical and emotional aspects of sexuality include bonds between individuals that is expressed through profound feelings or physical manifestations of love, trust, and care.
Sexuality also affects and is affected by cultural, political, legal, philosophical, moral, ethical, and religious aspectsInterest in sexualactivity typically increases when an individual reaches puberty. Genetic studies work on In the study of human chromosomes in human sexuality,research has shown that "ten percent of the population has chromosomal variations that do not fit into the XX-female and XY-male set of categories"
The study of sexualityalso includes human identity within social groups, sexually transmitted infections (STIs/STDs).
GenderdifferencesSeealso: Sex differences in psychology § Sexualbehaviorother aspects of humansexuality, such as sexual satisfaction, incidence of oral sex, and attitudes toward homosexuality and masturbation, show little to no observed difference between males and females
Biological and physiological aspects-
Human reproductive system Like other mammals, humans are primarily grouped into either the male or female sex with a small proportion (around 1%) of intersex individuals, for whom sexual classification may not be as clear.The biological aspects of humans' sexuality deal with the reproductive system, the sexual response cycle, and the factors that affect these aspects. They also deal with the influence of biological factors on other aspects of sexuality, such as organic and neurological responses, heredity, hormonal issues, gender issues, and sexual dysfunction.
The hypothalamus is the most important part of the brain for sexual functioning. This is a small area at the base of the brain consisting of several groups of nerve cell bodies that receives input from the limbic system. Studies have shown that within lab animals, destruction of certain areas of the hypothalamus causes the elimination of sexual behavior.[ The hypothalamus is important because of its relationship to the pituitary gland, which lies beneath it.The pituitary gland secretes hormones that are produced in the hypothalamus and itself. The four important sexual hormones are oxytocin, prolactin, follicle-stimulating hormone, and luteinizing hormone. Oxytocin, sometimes referred to as the "love hormone, is released in both sexes during sexual intercourse when an orgasm is achieved.[ Oxytocin has been suggested as critical to the thoughts and behaviors required to maintain close relationships. The hormone is also released in women when they give birth or are breastfeeding. Both prolactin and oxytocin stimulate milk production in women ] Follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH) is responsible for ovulation in women, which acts by triggering egg maturity; in men it stimulates sperm production. Luteinizing hormone (LH)triggers ovulation, which is the release of a mature egg.
I and my boyfriend tried to have sex on 17/10/16 for the first time. We both were virgins. I was having a lot of pain when he was trying to put his penis inside my vagina. He managed to put his upper part of penis inside me. He used a condom also. For us it wasn't a proper sexual intercourse as he was trying hard but it could not happen. That day I bled alot and till today I bleed whenever I go to pee or loo. I do not feel any pain but this bleeding is scaring me. It's 4th day today. I do not know whether its normal or not. Pls help me.
Dilation and curettage is a surgical procedure where the cervix (the lower part of uterus) is dilated and tissues are removed from the inside of the uterus. The procedure is usually done to treat heavy menstrual bleeding or clean the lining of the uterus after an abortion or miscarriage.
During the procedure, the cervix is dilated with medication and a thin surgical instrument is inserted through the vagina. This instrument is then used to scrape (curettage) the uterine tissues.
Reasons for Conducting the Procedure
Dilation and curettage is mostly done to either treat or diagnose certain uterine disorders. Dilation and curettage is recommended if your doctor needs to diagnose conditions such as:
1. Irregular uterine bleeding
2. Postmenopausal bleeding
3. Discovery of unnatural endometrial cells while conducting a common test for cervical cancer
Sometimes, the doctor can take a sample tissue from the uterus and perform tests on it to check for the following conditions:
1. Uterine cancer
2. Uterine polyps (abnormal tissue growth)
3. Endometrial hyperplasia (precancerous thickening of the uterine lining)
Dilation and curettage, when used for therapeutic purposes, is used in the treatment of the following conditions:
1. To clear away molar pregnancy; which is characterized by formation of tumours.
2. To treat heavy bleeding after childbirth; any remaining placenta in the uterus is removed.
3. To remove benign uterine or cervical polyps.
4. To clear away fibroids (benign tumours which form on the uterine wall)
5. To remove any tissue that could have been left behind after an abortion or miscarriage to prevent heavy bleeding or infection
What needs to be considered before opting for it?
The procedure of dilation and curettage is mostly safe. Complications from this procedure are rare, but some factors should always be taken care off.
1. The surgical instrument can perforate or poke a hole in the uterus. Sometimes, perforations can heal on their own; but if any organ or blood vessel gets damaged, then another surgery will be required.
2. The cervix can be damaged during the procedure. The doctor can stitch the wound close, or apply pressure on the wound to stop the bleeding.
3. Sometimes, there might be scar tissues on the wall of the uterus. This can cause irregular, painful or absent menstrual cycles, augment risks of infertility and future miscarriages. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Periods on 07-02-16. Last 2 days fully tiredness, if I eat tasteless, omit sensation. Backache like periods. I do not know what is it. Kindly tell me I want to consult doctor today. Kindly inform me at the earliest.
Currently my wife is two months old pregnant, she is suffering from cough, headache and vomiting, can she take zindatilismath herbal medicine .
A poor sex life because of loss of libido is a matter of concern for both men and women. When a man or woman experiences the lack of sexual longing and has got a poor libido, it can lead to several problems or issues in the relationship. No person would want to have low libido because it affects their sexual performance.
Causes of low libido:
- Extreme stress and anxiety cause low libido
- Overindulging in rich, spicy and salty food also causes lowering of libido
- Having sex with a person you are not comfortable with causes low libido
- Having too many sexual activity may also lead to low libido
- Drugs and tobacco also affect libido
- Lack of nitric oxide in the body leads to lowering of libido. Insufficient blood supply affects erection in men
- Low levels of testosterones lower libido in men
Ayurveda, the ancient medical system since medieval times, is an effective remedy for treating or improving low libido.
Here are some effective Ayurvedic remedies for improving your libido and sexual life as a whole.
This is an Ayurvedic herb which is also known as ginseng. It is an adaptogenic Ayurvedic herb which can be used for curing impotence, infertility and cases of premature ejaculation. This herb also nourishes our nerves and enables better nerve functioning. This makes the body adapt to stress better. This herb reduces the effect of intense stress and tiredness from our body and enhances sexual performance. You can take this herb with hot milk, ginger, honey or hot water.
This is a an Ayurvedic herb also known as asparagus racemosus. This herb helps in enhancing fertility in women. It nourishes the ovum and other reproductive organs in women. Restoration of hormonal balance and promotion of blood formation and circulation is also enhanced by this herb. Risk of miscarriage is also lowered in women. It also boosts libido in both men and women. It also cures impotence, spermatorrhea and sexual organ inflammations.
This herb is known as a divine nectar in Ayurveda and enhances sexual functioning in men. The herb works like an aphrodisiac and improves the quality and count of sperms in men. It also regulates balance of sexual hormones and enables proper hormonal functioning. Shilajit is commonly called the Ayurvedic Viagra.
Garlic is used in Ayurveda for many purposes, which also includes boosting of sexual libido in men and women. It improves the working of sexual organs after any sort of injury or disease.
Ayurvedic remedies are ideal for increasing libido in men and women. Ayurveda is a totally natural form of medicine, with no side effects. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
Monsoons or rainy seasons is though a favourite amongst all, but it also causes a number of health problems. So, here are some specific guidelines regarding what to eat and what not to eat during rains.
Nutritional tips in monsoon:
- Eat fruits as they help you restore energy. Apples, mangoes, pomegranates, and pears are best suggestible.
- Avoid watermelon and muskmelons and also goosing on too many mangoes may cause pimples.
- Have medium to low salt food and avoid heavy salty food as they are responsible for high blood pressure and water retention.
- Eating watery foods like lassi, watermelon, rice, muskmelon creates swelling in the body. So, better opt for foods which are drying in nature like corn, gram flour, chick pea etc.
- Foods such as brown rice, oats, and barley are the best foods one could have in this monsoon.
- Body's immunity can be increased by adding a dash of garlic to the soups, stir fries and curries you intake. Opt for yogurt, curd and almonds in your diet instead of milk.
- Drink only boiled and purified water to protect yourself from harmful germs and drinking plenty of water keeps your body hydrated.
- Vegetables like cauliflower, potatoes, cluster beans, ladies finger, kidney beans, pigeon pea, and sprouted grains must be avoided.
- Eat steamed salads instead of raw vegetables as they contain active bacteria and virus that cause bacterial and viral infections.
- Have fresh radish juice to fight cold and cough. To reduce mucous formations add pipli and rock salt to warm water. This reduces the natural monsoon ailments. Better eat seasonal fruits as non- seasonal fruits get infested with worms during the monsoons. Pomegranates, lychees, apples, bananas are among the recommended.
- Avoid eating fried items, pre-cut fruits and juices from roadside vendors and stick to high quality and hygiene.
- Always wash vegetables well and keep them clean especially if they are taken raw. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.