Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sonal RohtagiYour feedback matters!
Sir my wife is first day period but very very less flow there is any tension if this region but period date is actual time every 36 cycle any problem please help.
I am 25 years old unmarried girl and my breasts are getting loose and bigger day by day. What is the reason behind it. Is this a matter to worry?
I am female with less weight and less chest. I wanna improve both. So could you please help me out with some tablets for that or any special food?
My wife last date came on 9 February but today is 20 march but periods don't came till & she checks then also pregnancy results came negative.Please suggest?
Sir I am having five months baby. I am aged 29 years it's my 2nd baby. I am feeling weakness sleepy from five days. Please suggest me and also tiredness.
How to loose my weight after pregnancy and even tummy please guide me also my hairs r getting white what should I use?
Last year I gained n losses weight simultaneously. Bcoz of this reason I got stretch marks on my breast which is black reddish in colour. And not turn into white. I used veera aloevera cream on it. But it is not much affective. Now. I am pregnant of 6 months. And I heard that stretch stretch mark cream of fix drma company is best for stretch marks. Suggest me best cream or oil for the stretch marks which effective on old marks too.
If a woman is suppose to b pregnant. What are the symptoms and characters shown by her in earlier stages (below 2 months)
My wife is two months pregnant, which type of diet she take? & what precautions to be taken in pregnancy?
I have been suffering from a lot of white water flow from vagina and sometimes with a little bit blood clot. What should I do. .is there any change that I should do in my diet?
An important part of your adult life and a way of expressing your love, sex can be an effort when, both you and your partner do not feel up to it.
However when you completely put a stop to having sex, these 5 things can happen:
- You feel more anxious: A study by a group of Scottish researchers reveals that when you go without sex for a long time, you are unable to cope with the pressures of life. Couples who had sex for at least once over a 14 day period were able to cope with stressful situations, the study revealed. During sex, your body releases chemicals like oxytocin and endorphins that leave you with happy feelings. When you abstain from it, you shut down an avenue to get rid of pent-up emotion or energy.
- It raises the possibility of prostate cancer in men: Research reveals that men who have sex regularly experience a 20% fall in their chances of developing prostate cancer. The reason is frequent episodes of ejaculation bring about the removal of harmful matter from the prostate gland.
- You become more prone to colds and flu: Less sex can affect your body's ability to fight off germs, making you prone to common colds and flu. A research by the Wilkes-Barre University shows that couples who have sex one or two times a week witness a 30% boost in the production of immunoglobulin A or IgA (an antibody that is the body's first line of defense against germs) compared to people who don't.
- It increases the risk for erectile dysfunction (ED) in men: Findings published in the American Journal of Medicine highlight the fact that men who have sex less frequently are two times more likely to experience ED than men who have sex about once a week. According to the researchers of the study, frequent sex allows the penis to maintain its strength and effectiveness.
- A drop in Urinary Tract Infections (UTI) for women: One good thing comes out of not having sex. It is said that about 80% of UTI occurs within 24 hours of having sex. During intercourse, bacteria from the vagina get transported into the urethra, leading to the infection of the area. For women, the decision to not have sex can reduce the risk of developing this condition.
My daughter is 15 yers old. She hasvery irregular periods. She had got her first period somewhere in February in 2013 that is for 3 days then shegot the second timeafter a year again shegot it for 2 months and now she gets it some times after 3 months. Its very irregular of Late i have observed she is gaining weight.(55 kgs ) Does she need to undergo any tests. Please advice
I had unprotected sex twice on the same night during the days when I had the highest chance of getting fertilized. I took an I-Pill within 24 hours but I didn't bleed. I have taken the emergency contraceptive pill before and I have bled all the three times. Do I have a chance of getting pregnant or it is normal?
I have inserted liberta cu250 IUD on 30/6/2016 by doctors advice. So when can I do intercourse with my partner & what are precautions needs to be taken while doing intercourse? Is condom needed still or not. Please reply.
Hello doctor Meri wife ka period nai aa paya hai av tk jb ki date kal ka hi tha pregnancy bhi test kr liya usne umse bhi koi problem nai hai to period late kyu ho rha hai aisa pehle to kv nai hua hai.
One of the most common physically transmitted diseases is chlamydia. Chlamydia is a type of infection caused by the bacteria "Chlamydia trachomatis". The symptoms of Chlamydia are similar to the symptoms of Gonorrhoea (a bacterial sexually transmitted infection). Chlamydia infection causes permanent fallopian tube damage in women, leads to future ectopic pregnancy (the fertilised egg attaches itself outside the uterus) and infertility.
Symptoms of Chlamydia:
Men and women afflicted with chlamydia exhibit different symptoms.
The symptoms of chlamydia in women include:
- Abnormal, sometimes foul-smelling, vaginal discharge
- Bleeding between menstrual cycles
- Painful periods
- Abdominal pain, accompanied with fever
- Pain during intercourse
- Burning or itching around or in the vagina
- Painful urination
Men usually display the following symptoms if they have chlamydia:
- Minimal amounts of cloudy or clear discharge from the head of the penis
- Painful urination
- Itching and burning around the slit of the penis
- Swollen and painful testicles
Treatment options available:
- Chlamydia is diagnosed by taking a swab from the cervix (in women) or the urethra (in men). These swabs will be sent to the laboratory for analysis. Urine samples can also be taken to check for the appearance of bacteria.
- Since chlamydia is a bacterial infection, it can be easily treated with antibiotics. Oral antibiotics such as azithromycin or doxycycline are commonly prescribed by doctors. Azithromycin is usually prescribed in a large, single dose. The dose may also be stretched out for five days. Doxycycline is taken two times daily for a week.
- With the right antibiotic therapy, the infection will clear up in 1 to 2 weeks approximately. It is very important that you finish the medication course if you wish you heal completely without having to suffer from further bouts of this disorder.
- Women with critical chlamydia may need hospitalisation, pain medicine and IV (intravenous, or directly through the vein) antibiotics. Pregnant women with chlamydia infection can be safely cured with antibiotic such as erythromycin ethylsuccinate, amoxicillin and azithromycin.
Your partner needs testing and treatment as well to avoid further spread and reinfection. It is vital not to engage in any sexual activity while the treatment is ongoing. A further retest should be done three months later to make sure the infection is rectified. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.