Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Somya
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SomyaYour feedback matters!
Tips to Overcome Exam Fear
Fight your fear over struggling for marks and you don't need bow and arrow for this. Follow these by simple tips and be a winner.
Aim your way : Without aim no one can achieve the dreams. Always have targets to achieve. Jot down the topics or chapters that needs revision. Part the chapters as against the days. This will make easier to dedicate yourself well before the exam. Remember don't just ram to complete the course but target to understand the topic.
1. Don’t compare with others: Like all fingers of your hand are not same so is human brain. We all have different intelligence. It is very unfair to say that who has low intellect cannot perform well in exams or cannot become a good doctor or engineer. Regular practice of reading and revising topic can make a good performer. So never compare yourself with others but try to improve yourself.
2. Study with happy mind: Don't stress yourself by studying with low spirit. Always study with happy mind. If you are getting bored with the topic then refresh your mind by playing any outdoor game or by sketching or by doing anything of your interest. Mind it don't do it for long hours. Remember it's for your mind revitalization. Once your mind has rejuvenate stick back to study table.
3. Marks are secondary: Always remember marks are secondary. If you have gone into the depth of the topic and understand it by heart, good grades will automatically follow. If you mug up and just vomit it out in the examination, you will forget in the next attempt. Because cramming topic will leave your mind after few days however understanding the topic will stay for life.
4. Practice makes a man perfect: Burning midnight oil just before exams is a wrong practice. Remember the quote well said "practice makes a man perfect". Believe me even if you are not a brilliant student revising the topic again and again will make you so (perfect). I am not flaunting, it's true. As practice makes a better understanding and recollection. So start revising ahead your exams so that you can manage to answer without pressure and can avoid panic at the last moment.
5. Know your strength and weakness: You must be knowing that which subjects you are good at and in which subjects you have to work more. So you need to work more on your weak areas but don't keep aside your strong areas. Both need your attention though weaker one requires little more.
6. Blend weak and strong subjects: Keep two subjects for a day, in morning study subject in which you are weak while in evening when you are tired study your favorite subject so you don't get dizzy. Because studying the same subject will make your mind bored, exhausted and saturated. Seems strange? Try out this technique and see the difference.
7. Make timetable: To work on difficult areas you require more time while stronger needs less time. Consequently time table will help you. So create timetable for all the subjects accordingly. Its better to have 7 days a week timetable. But you have to abide with it without any excuses.
8. Colorful pictorial notes: Highlighting important points in the book will do a great help in your exam. You can easily revise notes which are highlighted, also it will help you in recapitulating during exam. You can also write keywords at the side of the paragraph of the book or notes in bullet points so that you can revise at the last moment. Make difficult topic uncomplicated by converting notes in picture format denoted with symbols. We all have better picture memory than letter memory. By this method recapping highlighted or key words or picture format in the exam can be easier.
9. Time for break: When your legs get tired stiffened-up in the study table get up and stretch. Take a break listen music or move your shake. This will bring you back at table with more positive attitude and enthusiasm.
10. Be positive: Never ruin your mood and preparation by thought of failure. The negative thought will not let you complete course in due time due to stress. Also it will not only bring fear but poor performance in the exam as well. Always be positive and hopeful that you will clear the exam.
Calm yourself with meditation: Inspite of all the efforts, if you still experience anxiety and fear, try meditation. Meditation would bring not only peace to your mind but also increase focus. Technique of meditation: Squat on the floor with straight back, keep chin parallel to the floor and close your eyes. Keep your palms on lap facing upwards. Do it for 10 to 15 minutes in a day.
What Parents can do to help their child
- Sit with your child when he is studying. This will boost his focus. But don't intervene.
- Take test few days before exam so that he can rehearse well in advance. And give his best during attempt.
- Boost your child's confidence. It will help him in facing the challenge.
- Let your child to relax body, mind and spirit by playing, dancing, meditating before exams.
- Help your child to prepare that he will need for the exam the night before such as pen, pencil, ruler, eraser, calculator, etc.
- Tell the child to sleep on time the day before exam. As refreshing mind has better memory.
- Remove stress of your child by doing something interesting on the night before the exam like play with him, talk to him about anything which he likes.
- Don't burden his stomach with oily food. That may cause dizziness and acidityduring exam.
- On the d-day tell your child to wake up early to avoid morning rush so that he reach the exam center on time to organize himself well in advance.
- Give him a nutritious breakfast that he don't feel heavy or dizzy during exam.
I had married on dec 2014 nd after 1 year I had gone to doctor he had suggest me to take some pill (ovaries & norm oz) even we do relation but can not get positive as now my period is on 10 but I usual get before 5 days earlier so in tht if we can have sex so is tht chance.
Sometimes my breasts pains sometimes its all ok. Is there anything to worry about. Is there any chance of breast cancer.
I am 25 years old female with thyroid medication going on. My bf wiped his penis dry every time before entering my vagina to avoid precum. We did this 3 days later after my period got over. He didn't cum inside me. There wasn't any precum. But my period is 9 days late now. I am having little white discharge. I did strip test twice after I missed period. Both were negative. Is there any chance of pregnancy or there is other reason for delay?
Ayurveda is an ancient life science that originated in India. It recognises herbs as medicines and Yogic postures as well as lifestyle changes as the supporting factors in its medicinal field. It is called a life science because the basic mode of treatment is done by tweaking one's lifestyle in order to reach the root cause of the ailment, which will be cleared from one's life gradually. Congestion is recognised as the accumulation of too much mucus and fluid in your lungs and is usually born due to an imbalance of the Vata Dosha, as per Ayurveda. This congestion can happen in the nasal or respiratory passages.
Let us find out what else Ayurveda says about congestion:
- Symptoms: The symptoms of congestion include a tickling sensation at the back of the throat as well as the nasal passages, depending on the exact area of the congestion. Also, severe headaches and wheezing along with laboured breathing and tightening of the chest can point at the presence of congestion. In very severe cases, the patient may also complain of blood discharge while coughing, high fever, rashes on the skin, neck stiffness and other such conditions.
- Causes: There are various causes of congestion. While infection, allergy and cold are some of the most common conditions that may cause congestion, it has also been seen that congestion may arise as a symptom of a more serious ailment. Asthma is one such respiratory ailment that causes swelling in the airways, which can give rise to congestion. Also, inflammation of the bronchial tube lining can cause this condition where a greenish discharge happens due to the viral nature of the condition. Pneumonia and tuberculosis are also ailments, which can cause severe and painful congestion.
- Remedies: As per Ayurveda, there are many remedies that can help in treating this condition. One can drink herbal tea all day as the anti-oxidants will help in flushing out all those toxins that are causing a painful build-up of mucus and fluids inside. Also, one can use essential oils like eucalyptus oil for inhalation, steaming and even massages. One must take care not to let this oil touch the hair as greying might happen. Yoga and aromatherapy can also be practiced so as to do away with congestion. Also, the patient can add a pinch of salt to a glass of warm water in order to do a saline water gargle which will eventually clear the air passages.
Taking care of one's diet is one of the most important parts of any treatment in Ayurveda. Ingesting warm liquids like milk and warm food can help in loosening and removing the mucus build up. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.