Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. SomyaYour feedback matters!
Symptoms of delivery day last week what all happens before delivery. Especially body stomach changes.
My mothers gets body pain everyday n has severe pain during menstrual. Is it because of her age turning for menopause or something else?
My wife is pregnant, we got married just a month & a half ago. We have twice checked it using home pregnancy test kit n also at a local hospital. Can we postpone d pregnancy without abortion as she's not mentally ready for the baby.
Delivery date se pahle sesarean karna sahi hai kya bta rahe hai fluid ki kami ho rhi hai delivery date 3/01/17 hai.
Her periods are late this month. We haven't had sex, but half way insertion had taken place. No ejaculation. To be on the safe side she took ipill, on the very same day. And one more the next day. This happened in November. Her periods have been regular until this point. Next month it was on time. But lasted lesser than usual. In January it was late by 2 days, this time lesser than usual, lasted only 2 days (normally is 4 days). This is the 31st day (usual cycle is 25days). She hasn't had period yet. Could she be pregnant?
Contraceptive methods of birth control are usually quite successful. By these methods, you can enjoy your life without the worry of pregnancy. Modern technology has led to the formulation of avid techniques of contraception; some are temporary and the others permanent. However, no matter how well these methods work, almost all of them have got a variety of side effects on your body and health.
Here is a list of different modes of contraception and the side effects they may cause:
This long term method of birth control is an effective one. The side effects are:
- A surgery is required where rods are inserted under your skin. This might be risky surgery
- If you want to remove it, again another surgery has to be carried out
- An Infection may develop in the area where the thin rods are inserted
Intra Uterine Device
A device is fitted into the uterus, which does not cause pregnancy. An effective method with the following side effects:
- There is a risk of the device falling off
- This causes puncture in the uterus
- The device made of copper may lead to menstrual cramps and spotting
Depo Provera Hormonal Injection
This mode of contraception involves taking an injection, which restricts pregnancy for a period of three months. The side effects are:
- Gaining of extra weight, fatigue
- Decrease of bone density
- Menstrual bleeding along with spotting takes place
Birth Control Pills
Birth control pills are one of the most common and most effective ways of birth control or contraception. However, several side effects may be observed.
- Causes nausea, headaches and also blood clots in rare cases
- In case you use other prescribed medicines along with birth control pills, severe damage may be inflicted
This mode of contraception is very effective. It also helps in making menstrual periods of women much lighter and in continuity. The side effects are:
- May cause nausea and headache
- There is a vast increase in appetite
- There is a risk of blood clot formation.
A very successful mode of contraception where a diaphragm is inserted and fitted into the vagina. The negatives of this mode are:
- It may get out of place during sex and is likely to cause damage
- The process can be a mess
- Causes urinary infections
All modes of contraception irrespective of their effectiveness have got some side effects on your health. Hence, you must choose them wisely.
Hello Dr. I am 28 year old at the time of pregency I have come extra part from the under arms is it risk ?
Sometimes bad phase in a relationship becomes so strained that intellectual possibilities to overcome bad situations by the couple get hijacked with pain, feeling of betrayal and confusion. Generally, such a condition itself snowballs into an end of a relationship.
1. First, a couple should ask themselves, if they are destroying themselves, hurting their partner and their relationship, based on anger and strong emotions? If yes, then slow down and evaluate. Avoid confronting your partner until you’re calm and can carefully weigh your bad relationship phase.
2. Secondly, a couple should avoid assumptions like their current state of unhappiness is solely the fault of the relationship; there could be other issues too, like bad financial situation, unnecessary attraction towards a colleague, frustration in career etc. Remember, there is no intelligence to mix up everything or to destroy good things because you have a bad or a thoughtless experience.
3. Instead of just secretly wishing for a change, a couple could prepare them to do open and effective communication than cutting off or keeping silent. Communicating transparently with the partner generally kick-starts a healthier relationship; in the least, it will contribute to a deeper understanding of what’s really causing the rift in the relationship.
4. Put a sincere effort to resolve the situation, if you fail then don’t wait for fate but meet a counsellor, who can help you come out of this situation.
I had sex with my partner on 11 of this month. He didn't ejaculate inside my vagina, but this was my first sex I am afraid that if I get pregnant. And later after two days my urine contained blood (only once). And then today from morning I am facing lover back pain (I don't know the reason). I'm scared of being pregnancy. Please help me.
Why my friend gets irritation and pain Everytime during flush in her vagina. She is 20 years old. She has done sex 3 to 4 times and after last time she is facing this problem. Please help.
I had unprotected sex on 8th aug! I took ipill within 2hrs! My period date last month was 23 aug! I usually get periods 4-5 days before. So my expected date ws 16th sep. I took pregnancy test today evening and it ws negative. Still I am not bleeding! Is there any chance of pregnancy?
She ha coitus a month ago. She has missed her periods this month. And I think she is pregnant. What pills to take to avoid this pregnancy? She is diabetic too!
I am only 25 years old my periods are not coming from last 2 months. It was irregular before so I consult a doctor she prescribed some medicine I completed the course but now its completely stopped. What to do?
I am married and we are 36 and 35 years of age and now planing for kid. We are going through iui treatment since 4 months but no success till now every report seems to be normal for both of us but the merging of female eggs and male spems does not happen can any one help me with this problem any good advice for this
The study says listening to music while at work is said to increase physical productivity and give a feeling of well being. Also the goosebumps we get when we listen to certain genres of music is mostly caused by the brain releasing dopamine while anticipating the peak moment of a song.