Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Smruthi UppalYour feedback matters!
I am 19 years old girl I had protected sex on 18th of November and took ipill on the same day. Later I got my periods on 28th of the same month later I missed my periods in December and got on 21st of Jan. The flow was less than normal flow. On 2nd of Feb I got brown colour discharge till 4th Feb I feel till weak and I get cramps in my stomach and in breasts. After that we never had sex he just put his fingers in my thing we made sure that he did not touch his thing before mine. What would be the reason behind the brown discharge? Does this means I am pregnant?
Hello doc, is taking myo - inositol prior to ivf helps in good quality eggs resulting in making good embroys? if yes then how much time one should take this drug prior to ivf? I am 40 yrs old female going for an ivf. Thanks.
I am 19 yrs old girl. I got my periods on 24th april. After that I had sex on 29th march and had an i-pill after 15 mins. Of sex. After that on 3rd april I got my periods. But now its been one and a half month I haven't got my periods again. I am scared. Please let me know am I pregnant or not. One more thing I haven't felt any tiredness or heavyness or something like vomiting. I didnt felt anything of them.
Hi sir, I had a anal sex with my wife. After that I feel very pain while am going to urinate. What may the causes for it. Please give me the correct answer.
Me and my wife had unprotected intercourse and taken ipill with in 24 hours of time hence we are not ready for children as of now but can we continue unprotected sex after having the tablet and is there any risk of pregnancy if so please tell me what we can do instead (as I am aware that there will be more side effects for daily control pil) but we like to continue having sex (due to my partner wish) please advice can we proceed like wise.
Which fruits to be eaten during pregnancy? Please give the list of same as well as what type of foods?
My mother is 48 yrs old. She has irregular periods with heavy bleeding. She consult with the doctor, and doc is saying from last 1year that now its time to stop the menstruation period, but nothing happened.My mother has to suffer alot of pain with heavy blood flow every month. Please suggest what to do. Thanks in advance!
Not all salads are healthy. Making a salad loaded with potatoes and cream is definitely not going to make you healthier or help you lose weight. The healthiest salads are the ones you make at home. Salads in restaurants are often as calorie heavy as anything else on the menu. If you want to make a healthy salad, here's what you need to do.
- Put in plenty of greens: Greens like romaine lettuce, iceberg lettuce, spring green and baby spinach are filling, full of fiber and very low in calories. This also makes your salad very rich in nutrients. Slice these leaves in ribbons or roughly tear them into small pieces to form the foundation of your salad.
- Use lots of fresh vegetables: A salad is the ideal way to enjoy vegetables. While vegetables like cucumber, onion, carrots, beets and tomatoes can be eaten raw, others like mushrooms, corn and broccoli will need to be steamed or lightly saut&eacute;ed before being added to a salad. Avoid frying any vegetables in lots of oil. This negates the concept of a salad and makes it rich in calories instead of being rich in nutrients.
- Add some protein: Whether you're vegetarian or non vegetarian, do not forget to add a portion of protein to your salad. Beans, chickpeas, tofu and cottage cheese are ideal options for vegetarians while non vegetarians can choose between eggs, chicken, fish, proscuitto etc. Along with being necessary for nutrition, this also makes your salad filling and keeps you feeling full for longer.
- Limit the extras: Everything is good in small quantities. If you want to add flavouring agents like cheese, nuts, avocado, croutons etc to your salad limit it to one flavouring agent or extra. This gives your salad a different taste while not making it too fattening.
- Dress carefully: Dressing is where a salad can go from healthy to unhealthy. A light vinaigrette salad dressing is the best way to finish your salad. If you like your salads creamy, use fresh or hung yogurt instead of mayonnaise. When ordering a salad at a restaurant, ask for your dressing on the side so that you can limit the amount used. Adding a splash of vinegar is an easy way to make a heavy dressing lighter without losing too much flavor.
- Add some crunch: Lastly, sprinkle toasted seeds or air popped popcorn over your salad to add an element of crunchiness to your meal. Chia, hemp and sunflower seeds add to the overall flavor of the salad and are also packed with vitamins and minerals. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.
I need a proper diet chart for polycystic ovarian disease. I am gaining weight rapidly even after regular exercising & diet control.
Im 30 year old having 2 kids I have pcod problem .I had irregular periods problem but from two years it was regular I was getting it for 38 to 40 days but from Jan I haven't got my periods please give a medicine to get d periods as I have function at home
Hello, I am 29 years old and my husband age 47 years and we married 9 years. We have 2 baby. Last night during sexual intercourse condom broke in the middle of sex and he finished inside me. My last period end 25th April 2017. My husband told me to take unwanted 72, my little son still feeding so can I take unwanted 72. Also I want to know how much chances of pregnancy if I not take. Thank you.
Pregnancy is one of the most wonderful journeys in a woman’s life. However, one must remember that there are several dos and don’ts linked to it. You can’t lead an undisciplined life and expect a healthy outcome. Your pregnancy has to be systematically dealt with. You have to give up on a lot of habits that could pose a risk to the health of your growing foetus. Here are some tips to have a healthy pregnancy:
- Quit smoking: If you are a regular smoker, it’s time to quit smoking. You must remember that babies born to mothers who smoke have a higher chance of being born as stillborn or prematurely. Babies have also been found to have low birth weight. This is really bad. Your baby will have to fight a lot to survive. You might be asked to undergo an emergency and untimely delivery. On the other hands, if you quit smoking, you will have lesser or no complications at all. Your foetus will be healthy and grow into a lovely and healthy infant.
- Eat well, eat right, and eat on time: Your diet plays an essential role in your entire pregnancy. You must include all essential nutrients in your diet. Don’t skip your meals and try to have a balanced diet. Avoid spicy and oily food as you experience indigestion issues due to pregnancy hormones. You will need to take some 300 calories extra per day for your foetus. Add vegetables and fruits to your diet.
- Take multivitamins: Pregnancy leads to a deficiency of nutrients in your body. You must take a lot of multi vitamins to avoid the deficiency. Ideally, one must start taking the additional vitamin supplements before the pregnancy starts. Thereafter, she must continue with the recommended doses. For example, Omega 3 reduces the chances of giving birth to premature babies.
- Take sufficient rest: You must take rest in adequate amounts and take up moderate exercises in a day for not more than 30 minutes.
- Don’t be exposed to toxics: You should try and minimise the chances of getting exposed to toxic substances.
- Destress yourself: Try and destress yourself by listening to good music, reading a book or taking a careful massage. But you must avoid moving outdoors.
- Drink water: You must drink plenty of water to keep yourself hydrated all the time. Your fluid balance must be maintained throughout the pregnancy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist and ask a free question.
Hello Dr. I am feeling very helpless nd depressed when I came to know about my problem PCOD. I want to know about what food I should avoid and what to eat in this case. As I am taking treatment wid a MBBS Dr. and also need your guidance/ suggestions so I get rid of it as soon as possible. Please help me.
Breathe Easy: 6 Natural Remedies to relieve Nasal Congestion
Everyone knows how annoying a stuffy nose can be. The difficulty in breathing even affects your sleep and day to day work. Nasal passages are blocked when the virus causing cold leads to inflammation of the tissues in the nasal cavity. Thankfully there are some simple and non-expensive home remedies that can be used to relieve a blocked nose.
Here are some natural remedies to get rid of nasal congestion during winter months:
1. Garlic :
Garlic is useful in relieving a blocked nose. In addition, it’s anti-bacterial and anti-fungal nature helps to fight with cold virus. You can either chew on 2-3 cloves of whole garlic or boil the cloves in one cup of water and drink the concoction.
2. Apple cider vinegar:
In addition to numerous other health benefits, apple cider vinegar can also help relieve a blocked nose. Mix two teaspoons of apple cider vinegar and one teaspoon honey in a cup of water. Drink this at least 2-3 times a day to clear congestion.
Basil or tulsi is also a great treatment for blocked nose. You can chew on a few leaves at night before going to sleep and in the morning. It is a very effective solution for not only relieving congestion but also to treat other conditions of cold like sore throat and cough.
4. Eucalyptus oil:
Eucalyptus oil is highly beneficial for those suffering from nasal congestion due to its decongestant and anti-inflammatory properties. Put one or two drops of eucalyptus essential oil in a fresh handkerchief and inhale the aroma. Do this few times a day. Alternatively, you can add a few drops of eucalyptus essential oil on your pillow so you can get the benefits of this oil while sleeping.
5. Methi seeds:
Methi is a very good natural ingredient to treat nasal congestion, thanks to its anti-inflammatory properties. It also helps to cleanse the mucous membranes. The heat and moisture from methi tea will help in thinning of mucus.
Mix one or two teaspoons of crushed methi seeds in a glass of water. Boil the solution. Strain and drink it while it is warm. Repeat two or three times a day until you get complete relief from the problem.
6. Lemon tea:
A tea made of hot water, lemon, and honey is one of the best stuffy nose relievers and you should try it if you’re looking to quickly get rid of a stuffy nose. To make this simple tea, just boil a cup of water, add the juice from one fresh lemon, and mix in two tablespoons of honey. Drink this up as many times a day as you would like to get rid of your stuffy nose and help you feel better.
So, go ahead and try these effective remedies to breathe easy this winter season. Stay healthy, stay happy!