Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. SmitiYour feedback matters!
Hello Dr. I am suffering headache in right side of my head, eye in day time. .and feel tired in day time. .some time wrong pronunciation .means wants say hello but automatically come out 'yello'this is very confusing and horrible for me. .what is the reason and treatment..
I am having red itchy eyes all of a sudden, having a feel like some particles has got stuck in my eyes. At night specially itches a lot and in the morning I woke up with sticky watery discharge. What to do? Does it requires any treatment or it'll go gradually? Any tips please.
The right corner of my right eye is totally red. There is a complete blood clot. I had walked for 1.5 hrs this morning. This occurred after the walk. Kindly help me. There is no pain and no burning sensation. Its been 3 hours it has not yet gone.
I am a businessman and from last couple of years my face skin is getting tan, the colour of my skin is getting black, basically I am fair, I am applying ,milk cream, with turmeric powder and besan weekly and also getting steam on my face weekly, secondly, I am suffering from puffy eyes problem due to which my face doesn't look good ,now I am 48 years old and living in nagpur. Please advice some remedy.
I have problems in my eyes and consult to so many doctors. But the problem could not be cure. When I use eye drop for some days I get relief. But some times being using the eye drop. My eyes blink continues. And while doing reading or writing it blink more. Some time when I got down from the stairs I feel my eye are closing.
I feeling always sleepy due yo paining of eyes and I feel thats why so much lazy so what's the problem behind that I want solution.
I am not able to drink more than 2 glass of water a day. I am totally depressed due to my life experiences. I have dark circles under eyes, not able to sleep properly, also suffers hair loss problem from long time, I have thyroid problem from years. Please suggest how to increase d intake of water and how to repair hair.
- Keep a check that computer screen is at least 18-26 inch away from your eyes.
- Arrange lighting to minimize glare and reflection.
- Remember to blink often to keep your eyes moist.
I woke up in the the morning and see in mirror that a small swelling over upper eyelid which is slightly painful. What should I do?
Hello doctor, I wanna use lens for my eyes, yet I don't have any eye problems I just want to use it cos I feel very interesting and totally cool. Will it be okay if I use it?
I am 40 years male, My right eye gets blank for about 10-20 sec when I raise from bed. Have consulted the doctor they had brain scanned every thing normal. They found CSF opening pressure more than 30. Used Diamox 250mg for 6 months now CSF pressure is also normal. Still my problem is not solved. Please advise.
Sir or ma'am my eye sight is weak itd -2.5 what will I do, pls suggest me some medicine or drops for get rud of it, so I'll be able to see far objects clearly Pls pls pld.
There are many kinds of conditions that affect the eyes and make vision difficult - temporarily or even permanently. Uveitis is one such condition that causes eye inflammation in the middle layer of the tissue that resides in the wall of the eye - also known as the Uvea. The progression of the condition is sudden and the symptoms, quite painful.
Let us get to know more with this article:
- Causes: To understand any condition and how it is to be treated, one must first understand the causes of the said condition. While the specific causes behind the onset of Uveitis are not clear, this inflammatory disorder may be caused as a side effect of others like an autoimmune disorder including those like ankylosing spondylitis or even sarcoidosis. Also, infections such as cat scratch disease, syphilis (learn more about syphilis problem), West Nile virus and others may cause this kind of inflammatory condition that also affects the eyes. Lymphoma is also a kind of cancer that can be found in the eyes, which can create Uveitis. Finally, eye injuries and surgeries may cause this condition too.
- Symptoms: This condition has a variety of symptoms that may flare up suddenly. There are very few cases in which these symptoms start and progress gradually. Redness and pain in the eyes is one of the most commonly experienced symptoms while decreased vision and sensitivity towards glares of light may also be felt by people suffering from this condition. One may also see dark spots floating around and the vision may get blurred as an effect.
- Onset of Symptoms: The symptoms usually depend to a great degree on the part of the eye that gets affected by this condition. The Uvea also consists of the iris, the choroid, and the ciliary body even as it enables blood flow to the deep layers of the retina.
- Medication: In order to treat mild to moderate cases, the ophthalmologist may prescribe anti-inflammatory medication like corticosteroids, as well as bacteria fighting medicines like antibiotics. Also, immunosuppressants can be used to deal with slightly more severe cases.
- Surgery: Very severe cases will require surgical procedures like a Vitrectomy to remove the vitreous in the eye for better management of the condition. Also, with surgery, the doctor can implant a device that leads to a slow release of medication on a constant basis so that the treatment and prevention of the condition goes on, unhindered. Yet, this method can also come with side effects like the onset of glaucoma.
The severity of the symptoms as well as the extent of the damage will pretty much determine the speed of your recovery as far as this condition is concerned.