Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Smitha ChepraudYour feedback matters!
I am breastfeeding mother of 22 month old daughter. But feeds from left side only for few months as my right side breast produced less milk and nipple is small. Sometimes I have pain in my right breast. Is this a early sign of breast cancer? Please help.
Normal delivery or vaginal delivery is when childbirth takes place without the use of any vacuum extraction or forceps. It is basically when a woman goes into labour without the use of any other external drugs which induce labour. C-Section or rather caesarean section is basically when a baby is delivered surgically via an incision in the mother’s abdomen. This is usually performed when a normal delivery can put the child’s or the mother’s health at risk. It is also performed when you are expecting twins or rather multiples.
Why Normal Delivery is preferred over C-Section Delivery?
- One of the major benefits of having a normal delivery over a C-Section is that the former leads to a shorter hospital stay as there is no major surgery involved. If there is no surgery involved then obviously the risks associated with it, such as, permanent scarring, severe bleeding, septic infection, are completely eliminated.
- Reaction to anaesthesia is another thing that one must consider and it is the most crucial difference between a normal and a C-Section delivery. As C-Section is basically a surgery, the mother is administered an anaesthetic to numb the pain. Sometimes, even spinal anaesthesia is used and the side effects of it include: back pain, prolonged numbness or weakness, shortness of breath and in extreme cases, even maternal morbidity (death during pregnancy).
- After C-Section delivery, there can be a severe loss of blood leading to hysterectomy (permanent removal of the uterus).
- The best reason to avoid a non-planned C-Section is because, once a C-Section has been done then there is a potential risk of having all your future deliveries done via C-Section.
- A research has shown that women who deliver via C-Section are less likely to start early breastfeeding as the recovery time from a surgery is pretty high. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist and ask a free question.
I'm 26 year old female and I'm recently married and I have irregular periods with small ovaries I want to conceive as early as possible please tell me the solution for this doctor.
I have got symptoms of periods as my period date last month was 14 th Jan....Bt still periods have not started....as I have to go for travelling after one day so today I took the tablet regestrone to delay the periods. So I want to ask will it work now?? Is this safe to take the tablet after getting symptoms??
What are the basic general knowledge or information should we know while being physical with a girl for the very first time & what things we should keep in mind as doing so.
Hi, I'm a mother of 3 months old baby girl. I would like to know which fruits am I supposed to eat and avoid as I'm breastfeeding my baby.
I recently made with girl with protection but the protection slipped off and half it was inside and half outside the oval part, while removing condom I saw white water, near vulva. I dont know it was mine or her white water. My question is will she get pregnant.
My wife is 40-45 days pregnant but I want to abort her pregnancy. Please suggest me some easy way to abort her pregnancy as we are not ready for child.
Hello, I am 26 years and i am 9 months pregnant mai chk up k liye gyi thi ultra sound m bche ki heartbeat nhi Aayi dctrs ka kehna h ki abort kra lo and mere me koi symtoms bhi nhi h jise bleeding nhi huyi h to m kya kru?
Sir/Miss/Madam I am very skinny young man .i am 24 years old. I want to gain fat in my body. My face is very skinny .so I want to gain fat in my whole body. What can I do?
Hello doctors. Im getting my periods on 12th of every month from last three months as I was suffering from pcos it eas not regular but after 2 months of course im getting my periods regularly. Will you tell me whats my ovulation period d do I able to conceive?
Hello Doctor, I had sex with prostitute (Safe sex only-used Condom). Before sex I was touching her private part (Don't remember which finger I used. I did not do fingering (I think only if she cums then it means fingering was done, As far as I remember there was no fluid from her private part). The problem is I had PEELED/BROKEN skin due to cold with paper cut in my middle finger. I was just caressing her private part. As I do not remember which finger I used, is there possibility for HIV transmission if I had used Middle finger? After coming back home I washed my hands, at that time in my middle finger there was small bleeding (But only after washing, not before that). Please help me and I am confused totally due to this.
I am 23 year old boy. me and my wife try to have baby but we are not able to conceive a baby we try from last 4 months. How we can conceive a baby. so, please tell me?
In India, we move from one festival to the next. Lohri is the first major festival of the year and is celebrated in most parts of North India to mark the waning of winter and the harvest of Rabi crop. Lohri celebrations are characterised by blazing bonfires, folk dance and songs and trays filled with rewri, peanuts, popcorn, gajjak, sarson ka saag and makki ki roti. Unlike traditional mithais that go along with all other festivals, these foods are in fact healthy. Here are a few of their health benefits.
- Rewri and Gajjak: Rewri is a hardened toffee like sweet made from jaggery and sesame seeds. Jaggery helps regulate digestion and internal temperature, cleanses the blood and helps prevent problems like acne, joint pains and menstrual problems. It is also a rich source of iron and has anti-allergenic properties.
- Sesame seeds: Sesame seeds are rich in copper, zinc, iron, calcium, phosphorus and manganese. These nutrients help promote healthy bones, boost immunity, reduce stress and fight free radicals. This can help reduce chances of osteoporosis and slow down the ageing process. Sesame seeds are also said to have the ability to reduce the risk of many types of cancer.
- Peanuts: Peanuts are a rich source of folate, manganese and essential amino acids like tryptophan. This helps regulate blood sugar, metabolise fats and carbohydrates and helps the body to absorb calcium and promote healthy joints. Pregnant women can benefit from peanuts as the folic acid in them can help reduce the risk of giving birth to a baby with congenital defects. Peanuts can also help prevent gallstones and help regulate mood swings. Peanuts are also great for the brain as the vitamin B3 and niacin in them helps boost memory. These nutrients also help reduce bad cholesterol and increase good cholesterol levels. Hence, peanuts reduce the risk of heart disease.
- Popcorn: Unlike the popcorn you enjoy at a movie hall, popcorn that is eaten at Lohri celebrations is free from butter and added flavouring. On its own popcorn is a rich source of fibre and has a very low calorific value. This makes popcorn a good snack to eat between meals. Popcorn is a whole grain snack and is rich in anti-oxidants called polyphenols. This can help protect the body against cancer, heart disease and other diseases caused by free radicals.
To make your Lohri even healthier, don’t just sit around the bonfire and warm your hands, Get up and dance to the beat of the dhol and burn all the calories you’ve been eating.