Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Smitha Chepraud
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Smitha ChepraudYour feedback matters!
What is the best diet for pregnant woman? What ought to and what not to eat. My wife is 5 months pregnant and she is 51 kg .is her weight ok considering her pregnancy. Please suggest me.
Being a woman has its own set of physical challenges. With the different anatomical and physiological features, the problems that women face also are different. Three out of four patients with hypothyroidism are women. Male to female ratio of migraine patients is also 3:1. These and various other diseases are predominantly seen in women. In addition to this, there is also the highly sophisticated gynecologic system. This brings its own unique set of diseases like dysmenorrhea, cysts, fibroids, menstrual problems.
Given that a woman’s body is quite unique and sophisticated with various organs working in close coordination with each other, let us take a look at how homoeopathy which usually tries to get to the root of the problem and correct the whole system as a whole.
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS): PCOS has a strong genetic predisposition along with obesity and type 2 diabetes. There are often multiple cysts in the ovaries with irregular menstruation, a higher amount of testosterone, and fertility issues. In homoeopathy, Apis Melllfica, Pulsatilla, Lachesis, Graphites, and Sepia are frequently used based on patient’s symptoms.
- Irregular menses: What needs to be understood is irregular menses is a symptom of an underlying disease and a detailed history and clinical examination (including ultrasound scanning) are required to nail down the underlying reason. Natrum Muriaticum, Sepia, Pulsatilla, Senecio Aureus, Staphysagria, Cimicifuga, Euphrasia, and Magnesium Carbonicum are some common agents used to manage irregular menses based on underlying causes.
- Dysmenorrhea: Menstruation is associated with pain in the abdomen, hips, and thighs in a lot of women. However, this should ideally be a painless process as it is physiologic. In some women, it is also associated with severe cramping, diarrhea, and pain that is relieved with warmth. Pulsatilla, Belladonna, Mag Phos, Nux Vomica, and Cimicifuga are some commonly used agents to help women reduce the pain and relax.
- Infertility: Again, like irregular menses, there is a strong reason contributing to infertility which needs to be identified and addressed. Given the social nature of the issue, there is a strong psychological component, and so the couple should engage in a detailed mental and physical constitutional discussion to arrive at a customised regimen. Calcarea Carb, Borax, Aletris Farinosa, Natrum Phos, Pulsatilla, Sepia, Natrum Carb, Agnus Castus, Sabal, Conium are used for managing infertility based on accompanying symptoms.
- Thyroid problem: As noted earlier, hypothyroidism is extremely common in women. There is also a strong linkage between infertility, repeated miscarriages, irregular menses, etc. with the thyroid hormone levels. Calcarea Carbonica, Sepia Officinalis, Graphites, Lycopodium clavatum, and Nux Vomica are some commonly used homoeopathy products in hypothyroid women.
- Migraine: Another problem seen predominantly in women with strong linkage to menstruation cycles and hormones. Belladonna, Natrum Mur, Sanguinaria, Spigelia, and Glonoine are commonly used.
For these common medical conditions, especially in women, homoeopathy offers more holistic treatment with minimal side effects. It may take a while for the body to respond, but it is definitely advisable. Self-medication is best avoided as each woman is unique. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.
Meri girl freind ko mc 7 din baad aaj halka aayi hai pregnency test kiya to ek line dark pink hai aur dosri line lite pink hai main isko kya samjhu wo pregnent hai ya nhi please help me.
Hi Doctor, Please tell me what tests can be done before marriage to identify if any sexually transmitted diseases are present.
Popping pills is something we cannot do away with completely. But something that should be borne in mind that every drug is used for one of its particular property which is healing, but on the other hand, it also has, almost always, the not-so-nice effects. These side effects could sometimes be as simple as nausea or itching to something as serious as shooting up blood sugar levels.
Talking of side effects, do you know that Viagra was originally used for pulmonary hypertension and its side effect was improved performance in patients with erectile dysfunction (ED)? Viagra thus became the famous magical blue pill for patients with ED. On the other hand, there are quite a few drugs that can lower your libido levels. Listed below are some of the regularly used medicines that can impact your sexual life.
1. Antihypertensives - Medications that are aimed at reducing blood pressure (diuretics and alpha and beta adrenergic blockers) have a negative effect on the sexual life. Switching drugs after medical consultation is an alternate.
2. Antidepressants - With depression on the rise, more and more people are prescribed anti-depressants, especially the selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) and tricyclic antidepressants (TCAs). Both these increase the mood but lower the libido, in up to 50% of the patients. Added amount of cardio workout could be a work-around for patients on SSRIs. Reducing the dose of TCAs could help improve sexual function.
3. Proscar - Benign prostatic hypertrophy (BPH) is a common condition seen in aging men, and finasteride is used for its treatment. This prevents conversion of testosterone to its active form and thereby reduces sexual function. Surgical correction of BPH could be an alternative.
4. Antihistamines - Common cold cures like diphenhydramine and chlorpheniramine affect sexual life too. The good news is that these drugs are cleared out of the system within 24 hours and the side effect does not last long either. In patients who might need these chronically, this side effect should be borne in mind.
5. Anti-seizure drugs - Drug like terbetrol which is used to cure seizure does the same for the sexual act, which is physiologically akin to a seizure -impulse traveling slower along the nerve. If noticed, an alternative medication should be used.
6. Opioids - For severe chronic pain, Vicodin and OxyContin are used but these reduce testosterone levels and thereby reduce sexual drive too. Use of testosterone creams could be a substitute.
In all these cases, the key is to have a discussion with your doctor as soon as you realize it could be affecting your sex life. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
My wife is 10 weeks pregnant and taking DOXINATE tablets twice a day for morning sickness and vomiting, for last 15 days. Now whenever she stops taking it, she feels nausea and vomits. Is this medicine safe to take and for how long can it be taken?
Only a few years back, visiting a sexologist was a big taboo. People would never feel comfortable sharing their intimate moments. Lately, as societies have become advanced, People are gradually getting liberal about such issues. Sexologists now claim to have more clientele than ever before. Stressful competitive lives, ego clashes and individualistic thinking destroy couples ability to enjoy intimacy to a large extent. Thus, in general, there is a greater need for an expert help in present times.
Sex is strongly linked to our physical, emotional and psychosocial health and determines our relationships and happiness to a large extent. For many, sex is the most exciting part of a relationship and gives immense pleasure and contentment. For such couples, it is a pillar of strength as they derive confidence and trust in their relationship through a good sex life.
Unfortunately, this does not hold true for many partners. Many struggle to find answers to their problems. Many struggle with failed relationships and fail to enjoy the act itself. Human relationships are quite complex and sex is an indispensable part of it. Understanding and dealing with sexual issues require a lot of sensitivity. An expert such as a sexologist can help partners explore causes for their unhappiness and plan interventions to turn on the spark.
There are quite a few physiological reasons that explain issues around sex. Those can be treated with medical intervention, however, most have associated psychological issues and require counselling. Let’s have a look at them:
Penis Size: The size of penis is a matter of great concern for men. Small size penis can affect a man’s confidence making him anxious and nervous thus affecting his performance drastically. The doctor may advise drugs and hormonal treatment and an expert may help the patient overcome confidence issues.
Erectile Dysfunction: Lose erection or inability to hold erection can cause severe distress among men. This is curable in most of the cases. A sexologist can help the patient restore his sex life to normal.
Pain and Discomfort During or After Intercourse: If any of the partners experience pain during or after intercourse, the experience becomes traumatic. Painful intercourse is caused due to many reasons including infections, lesions, ulcers or dryness. The treatment for the same is available. It is extremely important to consult a doctor and get yourself treated than to linger on with an infection and suffer in silence.
Apart from this, loss of interest in sex, fears or inhibitions due to an abusive experience may become obstacles to achieving marital bliss. A sexologist deals with issues surrounding relationships and intimacy and provides a guided self-help personal intervention so you achieve the best in your relationship.
Hello doctors, i'm a 27 years old guy and like to know much about safe sex. I'm still clean and I want to ask: is it possible to "reverse" HIV yet and how?
I am 30 year male married two years ago. My wife didn't get pregnancy till now though we are having sex every day twice.Please do help
A sexual problem, or sexual dysfunction, refers to a problem during any phase of the sexual response cycle that prevents the individual or couple from experiencing satisfaction from the sexual activity. The sexual response cycle has four phases:
Excitement, plateau, orgasm, and resolution.
While research suggests that sexual dysfunction is common (43% of women and 31% of men report some degree of difficulty) it is a topic that many people are hesitant to discuss. Fortunately, so it is important to share your concerns with your partner and doctor.
What causes sexual problems?
Sexual dysfunction can be a result of a physical or psychological problem.
Many physical and medical conditions can cause sexual problems. These conditions include diabetes, heart disease, neurological diseases, hormonal imbalances, menopause, chronic diseases such as kidney or liver failure, and alcoholism and drug abuse. In addition, the side effects of certain medications, including some antidepressant drugs, can affect sexual desire and function.
These include work related stress and anxiety, concern about sexual performance, marital or relationship problems, depression, feelings of guilt, and the affects of a part sexual trauma.
Who is affected by sexual problems?
Both men and women are affected by sexual problems occur in adults of all ages. Among those commonly affected are those in seniors, which may be related to a decline in health associated with aging.
How do sexual problems affected women?
The most common problems related to sexual dysfunction in women include:
- Inhibited sexual desires
- Inability to become aroused
- Lack of orgasm (anorgasmia)
- Painful intercourse
How is a female sexual problem diagnosed?
The diagnose a woman's sexual problem, the doctor likely will begin with a through evaluation of symptoms and a physical examination
How are female sexual problems treated?
The ideal approach to treating sexual problem in women involves a team effort between the woman, doctors, and trained therapists. Most types of sexual problems can be corrected by treating the underlying physical or psychological problems. Other treatment strategies focus on the following:
- Providing education.
- Enhancing stimulation.
- Providing distraction techniques.
- Encouraging non coital behaviors.
- Minimizing pain.
Can female sexual problems be cured?
The success of treatment for female sexual dysfunction depends on the underlying cause of the problem. The outlook is good for sexual problems related to a treatable or reversible physical condition. Mild dysfunction that is related to stress, fear, anxiety often can be successfully treated with counseling, education, and improved communication between partners.
How do hormones affect sexual function?
Hormones play an important role in regulating sexual function in women. With the decrease in the female hormone estrogen that is related to aging and menopause, many women experience some changes sexual function as they age, including poor vaginal lubrication and decreased genital sensation, and orgasm.
Researchers still are investigation, the benefits of hormones and other medications, including ayurvedic medicine, to treat sexual problem in women
When should I call my doctor about sexual problems?
Many women experience a problem with sexual function from time to time. However, when the problems persistent, they, they can cause distress for the woman and her partner, and can we have a negative impact on their relationship. If you consistently experience these problems, see your doctor for evaluation and treatment
Abandon unhealthy habits of younger days get married with revived youthfulness.