Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Smita VatsYour feedback matters!
I see many time of my girlfriends vaginas photo but I can't decide she is virgin or not answer please suggest me what is the difference between virgin vaginas or non-virgin vaginas.
I am 22 years old female. My husband is 30 years old. Having end of sex my husband put his penis inside my mouth and sperm spread inside my mouth. And my husband says to eat it. And I eat it. Is there any side effect or any useful to eat sperm? Kindly suggest.
I want to know which season is better for conceive or child birth to get a intelligent and healthy child, winter season like nov. Dec jan. Is good or not. Proper timing to sex for conceive a male child please suggest, both scientifically and traditional point of view.
My self lavanya. My body temperature is hot and I had Brown color discharge from my vagina. My period is on 11 I am 7 days late to my period am I pregnant.
Sperm not coming out from vagina? It is normal or abnormal after intercourse? Means not coming outside the body? Vagina is wet from inside?
Hi this is rakshitha here I have a problem regarding I did not get my periods yet. Last I got on 5th september I have consult doctor regarding irregular periods so they told I have a PCOD.
I am 33 years old and second time pregnant, currently at 19 weeks. I have hypothyroid and am taking Thyronorm 100 mcg, HB 10.9. My last scan showed low lying placenta 2 cm from the os. Is it anything to worry about? Can I continue walking and other household works normally. My doctor told me to be careful but I am not clear about what exactly to be done and how much. My first child was born little early at 36 weeks. I want to be extra careful this time. Thanks.
My wife is suffering from heavy beading for 6 years. We also check up gynocologist. But no result. Also check up test for blood, urine & thyroid. All is normal. She give prescription 3 months, folik acid, iron, calcium tablet & syrup. But no result. Period time is 10 days. Please give me suggestion for stop heavy beading.
One of the major milestones in a woman’s life is the entry into motherhood. For most women, when this does not happen in the natural logical sequence of things, there is anxiety and lot of pressure from family and friends.
However, with advancements now, there are options like intrauterine insemination and in vitro fertilisation (IUI and IVF) available, which can help increase the chances of conception and pregnancy. IVF is where the egg is retrieved from the woman’s womb, fertilised externally and then transplanted back into the uterus where it grows to full term. However, there are always unanswered questions like how long to wait before going for IVF, is it the right procedure for me, etc.
Read on to know to find answers to some of these.
- Maternal age: As a woman reaches 35 and a man reaches 40, the fertility rates drop significantly. The chances that a woman at 35 will conceive is about 20%, which goes down to 5% if the woman is 40. However, this rate can be significantly increased by using IVF. The quality of the egg would gradually deteriorate, and so if a woman is nearing 40, it is better to consider IVF as the ovarian reserve would be optimal with IVF.
- Failed intrauterine insemination: In couples who have problems with the sperm reaching the uterus, intrauterine insemination (IUI) is first attempted. However, if 3 or more attempts of fail, it is time to consider IVF.
- Duration of inability to conceive: While some couples conceive quite promptly in a month or two, most take about 6 to 8 months of unprotected sex to conceive. Therefore, IVF can be an option if you are failing to conceive even after a year. Less than a year, don’t fret. Take it easy and it might just do the trick.
- Medical health: Both the partner’s medical health should be taken into account. Lifestyle changes like smoking, alcohol abuse, drug abuse should be considered, which can account for poor sexual performance and therefore lead to an inability to conceive. Health conditions like diabetes and heart disease can also lead to infertility. Hypothyroidism in women is another thing that must be ruled out, as it often leads to an inability to conceive.
- Sexual problems with the partner: One of the first things to do before going for IVF is to check that the male does not have any issues. Be it erection issues or ejaculation issues or sperm issues, they need to be ruled out. Sperm quality, quantity, and motility have to be analysed, and if they are optimal, IVF can be considered. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.