Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sivlatha GuptaYour feedback matters!
My wife period date is 12 nov and we have marriage on same date we want to post the period date what we should do.
I am a 24years female. I am having some menstrual problems like its not regular for eg. Sometimes its on time bt sometimes its twice a month or skips a month. And I am also having thyroid. And another problem I am facing is that I am suffering from hairloss and obesity also.
I am 37 years old. I have 5 years old daughter. My periods are regular. We are thinking of next issue. And my job is also bit tiresome. please suggest. Is it safe to have another baby. My periods falls every month between 20 -23 date.
Hello Doctor, My wife is pregnant and third month is already completed. Actually from last 15 days she is complaining about Vomiting. Whatever she ate it comes out and because of that she is feeling weakness and tired ness. I am bit worried is this normal or should I give any medicine to her which was prescribed by Gynecologist. Addition to the above point also would like to know is she can travel or not? As she is in Hyderabad and my job is in Bangalore. Thank you so much in advance.
Can I be pregnant if I do sex wearing panty and my fiance ejaculate far away not on my panty? Please advise.
I am 24 years old. I have a personal question. Few days ago when I was trying to masturbate I found blood in my fingers. I never saw this when my husband did it. Is it just due to a nail scratch or something serious?
Doctor I had cesarean for my baby... I have little back pain when I travel and during feeding time.. What can I do to avoid this doctor
I am feeling little pain and strechnes in my tummy. From the tym of ovulation can I be pregnant and feeling little watery and egg white discharge how many chances of pregnancy are there.
Hey I have serious issue that when me and my boyfriend having sex my vagina get swell so badly. This happens thrice What should I do please tell me.
I had unprotcted sex with my gf last night. we were drunk. After 30 min I gave unwanted72 but she vomited within secs. Again aftr 3 hrs I gave unwanted72 what next I have to do? I am so much worried.
Back pain is one of the most common debilitating disorder in the world today. The pain affects 90% of people at some point of their lives. Human back comprises of various structures (see figure) which are nerves, bones, muscles, ligaments, and tendons, any or all of which can be a source of pain. Once back pain occurs, it may become chronic (more than 4 weeks) and you shall need to consult a pain physician for relief and accurate diagnosis.
Since prevention is always better than cure, you can save yourself from having back pain if you follow these basic tips:
Regular Exercise in Correct Form: Regular exercise is important to maintain proper muscular strength of the back. Human back is supported by several big muscle groups (see figure). They serve two functions - one is to facilitate the posture and movements of the back itself and the other is to help movements of the rest of the body appendages (arms, head, pelvis and legs).The health of these muscle group is important to take stress off the spinal bones and maintain proper function. Most of these muscles are red muscle fibers as they need to maintain their activity for prolonged periods of time. Just to give you an idea - your biceps (arm muscles) have to work only when you bend your arm. But your back muscles have to function all the time - whether you sit, walk, stand or even sleep. But the point is what kind of exercises are good for your back? The best exercises for back include body weight low impact aerobics like brisk walking, swimming, stationary bicycling, extension exercises and yoga. What is important to remember while doing these exercises if that you need to be gentle in your movements and achieve correct "form" - this is possible if you can ask someone (preferably a trainer) to observe and point out whether the back stays straight during the exercise. It has been seen that arching and excessive bending is associated with injury to the back while exercising.
Stay Hydrated and Eat Natural Nutritious diet:The inter vertebral discs contain 70 - 80% water. The muscles and tissues have 60% water content. Therefore, it is important to stay hydrated. In addition, you must eat a nutritious diet consisting of green leafy vegetables, good protein source and just enough carbohydrates. Deficiencies of essential nutrients like Vitamin D can result in diseases like osteoporosis. Another important aspect is to maintain body weight within healthy limits. This is very important as increased belly fat is linked to increased back pain due to mechanical factors.
Lift objects correctly and maintain proper posture: While lifting objects, keep them as close to body as possible. Do not slouch or bend excessively while lifting. Just keep your back straight at all times. You may bend your knees a little if required (see figure). Think before you lift and get help if needed.
While working, you must not sit for more than 45 minutes at a stretch. Walk for two minutes, go to a colleague's desk and say hi or even just drink some water or visit the washroom. Humans evolved as hunter - gatherers and our bodies are more adapted to walking / standing than to sitting for prolonged periods. Those of you who travel more and have to sit for long periods of time also need to follow above tips - avoid prolonged sitting in same posture.While exercising, improper position can do more harm than good. Therefore, proper form and posture is a must.
Bonus tip: Avoid cigarette smoking and those who smoke cigarettes to decrease your chances of having degenerative disc diseases leading to chronic back pain early in life.
Word of caution to prevent permanent damage: In case of back pain, which is not responding to home remedies or over the counter painkillers, please contact a Pain Physician to pinpoint the diagnosis and appropriate management.
1.3 new goals – cure, prevent resistance and break chain of transmission.
2. Introduction of daily regime.
3. Definition and treatment of mono and polyresistance apart from mdr and xdr tuberculosis.
4. Treatment in cat 1 – 2 (hrze) + 4 (hre): continue ethambutol in continuation phase too.
5. Treatment in cat 2 – 2 (hrzes) + 1 (hrze) + 5 (hre).
6. Introduction of bedaquiline as a new drug. Atp synthase inhibitor specifically targets myc. Tb. Indicated in age more than 18 years. Contraindicatef in pregnancy and those taking hormonal ocp. It may be given in patients with stable arrythmia.
7. Definition of presumptive tuberculosis. Duration > 2 weeks etc.
8. New algorithm to diagnose tuberculosis – pulmonary, extrapulmonary, drug resistant.
9. Introduction of newer molecular methods like cbnaat and line probe assay in diagnostic algorithm apart from smear microscopy and chest xray.
10. Diagnosis of tuberculosis based on x-ray will be called as clinically diagnosed tuberculosis.
11. Sputum should be around 2ml and preferably be mucopurulent.
12. Follow up – new and previously treated drug sensitive pulmonary tuberculosis – no need to extend intensive phase, sputum microscopy at end of ip and end of treatment, weight monthly, chest x-ray if required.
13. Follow up – mdr tuberculosis – sputum smear monthly 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 months in intensive phase and at 3 months interval in continuation phase 9, 12, 15, extend ip phase by maximum 3 months total of 9 months.
Some more additions to it, adding here which might help to pg students.
1) monitoring health status of tb treated patients (for recurrence of tb) for 24 months after treatment
2) online monitoring of treatment adherence through 99dots programme (currently it is on pilot basis running for tb-hiv patients)
3) intensified tb case finding in clinically, socially and geographically vulnerable population. It's a provider initiated activity.
4) now'tb suspect' term is replaced by'presumptive tb case.
5) in diagnostic algorithm sputum examination along with chest x-ray is recommended.
6)'nsp' term is replaced by'microbiologically confirmed case'
7) nsn and others r called now onwards'clinically diagnosed tb' case. (terms replaced)
8) definitions of cured, defaulted, treatment completed, failure, failure to respond, loss to follow up are somwhat changed.
9) cat i, cat ii, cat iv terminologies r obsolete n replaced by drug sensitive (new or previously treated) and drug resistant tb categories.