Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Critical Care Procedures
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Management of Emergency Conditions
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Manual Therapy Treatment
Memory Improvement Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. Sidharth ChellaniYour feedback matters!
I lost somebody close last year and since then feel very depressed and prefer keeping to myself all the time. Please help me.
Sir I am suffering from some anxiety and depression since last one and half year. I consulted a psychologist she preferred me tricyclic antidepressant, imipramine, but that has so many side effects. Now I am taking fluoxetine, prozac, at my own, and somewhat I feel good but that is making me excessive yawning. Is that normal, should I keep taking it or I should stop it.
She is 50 years lady suffering from depression I think heredity bcoz her father, sisters and nephew nice are found with the symptoms. Her some symptoms are 1. Unwanted thoughts 2. Sleepless 3. Courage less feeling 4. Nerve contraction. Unable to hold some objects 5. Seasonal disease 6. Feeling like unworthy to live. 7. Crying when thoughts come 8. sweating etc please suggest some tips.
Seven Common Causes of Forgetfulness
Lack of sleep is the most common cause. Two little restful sleep can also lead to mood changes and anxiety which in turn can contribute to memory impairment.
Many drugs can affect memory, which includes tranquilizers, antidepressants, blood pressure drugs and anti–allergic drugs.
Low functioning thyroid can affect memory.
Drinking too much alcohol can interfere with short–term memory.
Stress and anxiety can lead to memory impairment. Both can interfere with attention and block the formation of new memory or retrieval of old memories.
Forgetfulness can be a sign of depression or a consequence of it.
If you are vegetarian, vitamin B12 deficiency can loss memory impairment
I am 30 year old male. I feel depressed in the morning. I am loosing interest in each and every activity those I used to enjoy. Please guide.
How to identify you or your loved one might be struggling with Depression?
Most of us have faced the feeling of being weighed down by life's harsh realities and have been sad or low for a long while. It is very common to be upset for some time and most people recover from this feeling and start smiling again in a short span of time. But, if you or any of your loved ones are almost always very sad and this spirit is affecting your daily life considerably, then chances are you might be undergoing a phase of depression.
Here are certain signs to watch out for to determine whether you are struggling with depression.
1. Cultivation of a pessimistic approach about everything in life - You feel a sense of hopelessness and that your situation in life will always be the same without any improvement is a sure shot sign that you are suffering from depression.
2. Sudden variation in weight or appetite - If you suddenly find that you've lost or gained a significant amount of weight without any substantial reason, then chances are high that it is happening because of your depression.
3. A significant change in sleeping patterns - If you've been experiencing insomnia lately or have got a habit of oversleeping, then these might be symptoms of depression.
4. Feeling of guilt without any particular reason - If you have started feeling guilty or constantly blame yourself for everything you've done in the past then the reason behind this may be your state of depression.
5. Anger or irritated mood - Having a low level of tolerance, getting angry quickly or always being in an irritated mood can be a prominent sign of depression.
6. Displaying an uninteresting behaviour towards regular activities - If you no longer feel pleasure in pursuing your favourite activities or things from daily life like hobbies; socialising doesn't interest you anymore then it can be a warning sign for you. In such cases, you can visit a psychiatrist to get treatment for depression.
Related Tip: Can Depression Really Increase Creativity?