Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SiddarthYour feedback matters!
Hai Dr. Am an anemia patient last 20 days back I had 3 packs of blood transplant to me. My problem is am not in regular periods nd all tests in hospital they have done all reports came -ve nd also am not regular in periods ns my weight is 84 please gve me a solution.
I am 46 aged women, sudden weight loss, feeling weak, have uterus problem, heavy bleed during menses, uterus lowering in menses time.
We were married 1 year ago. We never wanted children so took care and precautions while having sex. Every month her menstrual cycle is good. We are going to a devotional tour for 5 days from 25th February to 1st March. But the problem is that she's not having menses till now. Her menstruation date is 17th. But she's not. So She decided to use medicine. But she's in confusion that whether to use medicine to have menses. Or wait until 25th and use medicine to stop menses for 5 days. I request please mention medicine for both the conditions with dosage along with your suggestions. Tablets to have menses.? Immediately Tablets to stop menses. For 5 days.
I am 28 years old female. My menstrual cycle was regular till last month. And I am trying to get pregnant. But this month I had my period on 18th day. I have it for 2 days as usual. Is it a regular period or just spotting. Is there any chance of getting pregnant this month.
Dear doctor, My wife is in her third trimester. I would like to know whether it is safe to eat mangoes during her 32nd week. Thanks.
Please told me the safe age (total week ) of baby child through IVF for operation for baby and also told that it is necessary that the patient food processing not working well in this process of IVF at the age of 42 years.
I am 19. Year old girl and I am pregnant running 10. Days I am using miffty bleeding are law and pain problem please tell me doctor.
I am 25 years old women I don't have regular periods I try many things but it did not work can you please help me?
Dear I am 32 year old got married 20 months ago, my wife is 28 years old. We have been doing intercourse on regular basis however we identified I am not entering her vagina. I am not able to identify the same while intercourse. How do we solve this as my wife has lot of fear as to how will my penis enter her vagina. How can we successfully complete our intercourse and overcome her fear and ensure I enter her vagina every time we intercourse. Please tell.
My period is 7 days late, I have swollen breast which is paining in surrounding when I touch it and also have sore nipple, also whenever I consume any meal it create gas into my stomach. according to my research I feel I am pregnant but pregnancy test result is negative should I go and consult doctor or wait for one more weeks.
Respected doctor ,I had given birth to baby girl two months before. God taken her in the cause of meconium aspiration. Is 6 months enough to conceive for next?
While having coitus with my fiance. I am having excessive pain in pelvic area. I met with him aftr 4 months.
Cashew nuts or Kaju are extremely nutritious and delicious to eat. They are rich in vitamins, minerals, soluble dietary fiber and antioxidants that are essential for the normal functioning of your body.
The following are some of the health benefits of cashew nuts:
- Ensures healthy heart: Cashew nuts have a comparatively low fat content than most other nuts.It is cholesterol free, has rich antioxidants and contains a number of health-promoting phyto-chemicals that ensure protection against various heart diseases.
- Prevents cancer: Cashew nuts are rich in flavonoids that are known to be effective in combating the growth of tumor cells. It is rich in copper content that helps prevent and control the formation of cancerous cells and protects you from colon cancer.
- Manages hypertension and promotes health of nerves: Cashew nut contains magnesium, which is known for its effectiveness in controlling the levels of blood pressure. It enables you to control your blood pressure thereby, enabling you to manage hypertension. Lack of magnesium also affects the health of your nerves.
- Prevents macular degeneration: According to studies, regular consumption of most nuts tends to prove effective in reducing the risk of macular degeneration in the long term. Cashew nuts are among such nuts that have the ability to filter the sun's UV rays and offer you protection against age related macular degeneration.
- Aids in weight loss: According to studies, people who indulge in the regular consumption of cashew nuts and practice an active lifestyle are less susceptible to sudden weight gain than people who do not. Cashew nuts also contain good cholesterol and are hence considered to be very good for your overall health.
- Prevents gallstones: Gallstones are usually hard masses that are found in the bile duct or gallbladder. Gallstones normally develop due to the fatty nature of the cholesterol which obstructs its breakdown. According to studies, eating cashew nuts, in moderation, on a regular basis is helpful for preventing the formation of gallstones in women.
- Promotes health of tissue: Cashew nuts are rich in copper content, which when reacts with iron present in your body, leads to the creation of new and healthy red blood cells. It also helps in the production of collagen that keeps your tissues strong and healthy.
I am not having periods frm 3 months I took meprate for 5 days of 10g. Nd it has been 5 days completed since I took d tablets still now m not gttng periods. M too much worried. What shall I do?
Prevention of unplanned pregnancies will go a long way in improving the reproductive health of women in India. A woman faced with the prospect of an unplanned and unwanted pregnancy can, in many cases, avoid the pregnancy by using Emergency Contraception. Emergency contraceptives act as interceptive agents i.e. ovulation, fertilization or implantation` is prevented depending on the phase of menstrual cycle.
Remember, these pills are not intended as regular forms of contraception. If you are looking for a regular contraceptive, there are many options available to you. Ask your doctor to help you find one, which works best for you.
Emergency Contraceptive Pill?
Emergency contraceptive pill is a pill used by a woman after having an unprotected intercourse (sex), to prevent her from getting pregnant. It is sometimes called "the morning after pill," "the day after pill," or "morning after contraception or postcoital pill. the term ”morning after pill” is misleading; ECPs may be initiated sooner than the morning after—immediately after unprotected intercourse—or later—for at least 72 hours after unprotected intercourse. ECPs are considered 96-98% effective in preventing pregnancy.
The word “Emergency” is important to note. If you are sexually active or planning to be, don't use emergency contraception as your only protection against pregnancy. Also, emergency contraception does not protect against sexually transmitted infections, like HIV .
When to take #ECP?
Emergency contraception offers women a last chance to prevent pregnancy after unprotected intercourse. If you are not using any other contraceptive methods and you have had intercourse. The condom broke down or came off during the act. If you have missed at-least 2 or 3 of your regular birth control pills, or if you were forced to have sex.
Side effects of emergency contraception:
Side effects include nausea and vomiting, abdominal pain, breast tenderness, headache, dizziness, and fatigue. These usually do not occur for more than a few days after treatment, and they generally resolve within 24 hours. There are not much evidence of long term side effects of these medicines but there are some studies or beliefs that these pills have long term effects on the women’s body like irregular menses, mastalgia and infertility.
Effects on Pregnancy:
There have been no conclusive studies of births to women who were already pregnant when they took ECPs or following failure of ECPs
Whether to consult a doctor before taking ECP?
Not really! However if you suffer from high blood pressure, diabetes, previous tubal pregnancy, it's a good idea to discuss it with your doctor when going for a health check.
When to contact a doctor after taking the ECP?
If you experience the following symptoms:
• Severe abdominal pain.
• Chest pain or shortness of breath.
• Severe headache.
• Eye problems like blurring of vision.
• Severe leg or arm pain.
How long effect of ECP last?
The use of ECP is only for 1-2 acts of unprotected sex and that too within 72 hours, if you happen to have sex after 72 hours you should be looking for alternative and regular form of contraception.
When to expect periods after taking ECP?
Your next period may come sooner or later than expected, however most women get their period within 7 days of expected date. Your period may also be heavier or lighter than normal. If you do not get your period within 21 days or if you think you could be pregnant, get a pregnancy test done.
Does Weight Affect Emergency Contraception effectiveness?
Yes,if you have a body mass index (BMI) that's higher than 25, it's less effective. If you have a body mass index (BMI) that's higher than 30, it may not work at all.
Dr. Jyotsna Gupta
#gynecologist #pregnancy #emergencycontraceptive #drjyotsnagupta #ECP #gynaecologist