Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. SiddarthYour feedback matters!
I am a single 27 year old woman. I want to have a baby on my own through IVF or IUI. What are the legal as well as medical procedures required for it? And what is the cost for it? I am financially secure and stable and will be able to provide for the child on my own with a little support for my family. Thank you.
My age is 40 I want to my period earlier because some family function and pooja is there last month my period date was 5.10.2016 I am going my native place on 28.11.2016 should my period will comes very earlier like from 24 November Start.
I am 24 years girl. I had my sex during 3rd day of my period on 28th nov and after that I take ipill with in 3hrs my period stop totally nd 2days later some brown color blood came nd dn der was no sign of period anymore. Its almost 1mnth I m not having my period till date. I did pregnancy test through pregnancy kit called prega news nd its shows negative result. So can you help me wats d problem going on? Why I m not having my period? please explain me in detail.
During sex with my husband . I had abdominal pain. We do daily 1 day 1 time then the 2nd time I have pain so I stopped. He get disappointed . What can I do for this. Any problem occur in abdomen .
I am 33 years old. I didnt get my periods for 2 months. No sex with my husband for the last two months. Suggest me the tablet for getting periods immediately. My weight s also increased.
Is bed rest necessary after ivf pregnancy? Is light work like cooking. Allowed. I conceived by ivf in aug 16. But gone through pre term delivery in 5th month. I did job. So please suggest me for next attempt. What are the precautions?
Slip disk is a condition of the spinal column which consists of a stack of vertebras from the cervical, thoracic and the lumbar spine.The bones of the spine are cushioned by disks that are present to absorb shocks. Trauma to the spine may cause the disk to bulge or be ruptured. This may lead to pain in the neck and the back.
Causes of slip disk
Slip disk is caused when the jelly like substance present in the disks bulges out. The damaged disk thus puts pressure on the adjacent nerve causing excruciating pain. The various causes of a slipped disk are:
1. Incorrect form during exercise: If you are into weight lifting, it is important that you use proper form during exercising. Moves like barbell squat and deadlifts can put pressure on the spine and lead to disk problems, if not done correctly. Make sure you work on your core strength and keep your lower back straight while exercising.
2. Smoking: Smoking causes the disks to lose their flexibility and thus, increases the risk of slipped disk.
3. Ageing: Ageing decreases the content of water in the spine, thus leading to inflexibility.
The symptoms of slip disk are:
1. Pain on one side of the body that tends to aggravate over time
2. Activities such as sitting and coughing may lead to pressure on the spine causing pain
3. Your range of motion on certain movements may be restricted
4. Pain in the neck while moving it
5. Numbness in the shoulder and the neck region
6. You may experience tingling sensations in the genitals, hips and the legs
7. You may have muscles spasms which lead to sudden contraction of the muscles
8. It may also lead to partial paralysis of the lower body
1. If you are overweight, try to reduce weight and then focus on maintaining healthy weight levels
2. Maintain proper posture while sitting or standing
3. Exercise on a regular basis to build strength and keep your joints healthy
4. Don't remain in seated position for an extended period of time. Take small breaks in between to stretch
Trying to conceive. Regular period of 28 days. Last period was March 14. USG & blood test are normal. Dr. Prescribed me Meprate tablet from 28th March for ten days. What may be the reason for giving this tablet? I have regular periods.
I am working woman. I have a 3-month old son. I will be starting work in a week. Until now, I am exclusively breastfeeding my child but will need to introduce formula feed when I start going to work. Please suggest the best formula for my baby.
Hello doctor I need a serious help. About one month ago me and my bf getting a little bit close for the first time. He got his penis out from his jeans. But I was wearing a lrggins and a panty. He ejaculate on the leggings. Ejaculate a lot. And I felt wetness on the thigh. I don't know whether it slips down or not. So I am worried. Although my vagina are always covered with vulva and never exposed. But I am very much worried. The incident happened on 9th may. After that my period date was on 18th may. I missed. It comes on 28th may. It was not an implantation bleeding for sure because it had a lots of clot and it was heavy bleeding but it last for two days. After that it decreased. On 5th day it bleeds slightly and then gone. After that I took an pregnancy test on evening and it comes negative. I am worried because I took the test in evening instead if morning. But I can't took the test in my home so I preserver my morning urine and did another test after 8hours and it also come negative. But still i'm not satisfy. Because I heard you have your period and still being pregnant and pregnancy test may be expired. The all thoughts r killing me from the last month. After that one day I had vomiting. I don't know whether it was a symptom or what because I travel the whole noon on summer so I thought that's why. After that I am having vaginal discharge and frequent urination. I am very very much worried. My parents thought i'm i'll so they recommend a doctor and ask for an aultra sonography test of my lower abdomen. It was normal report. But I read that in your early pregnancy nothing is to be found on sonography. So I still believe that i'm pregnant. I am veryuch worried and cry all day long. I'm in deep depression. All time fear. Since last month I can't sleep well for these. Please help me doctor. I can't stay like this. I never repeat the mistake. Please help. Am I pregnant for that incident?
We are just married and no child, My wife use daily MALA and tablet for avoid pregnancy! Any side effect in future? Please suggests best tab for daily use avoid pregnancy!
Hi am Ms.23 started to intake ovulac ld tablets 21 days for my ivf treatment and I missed to take tablets for two days now its my 34th day still am not menstruated. Im I pregnant or creating some other issues?
I am married last 6 month. Belongs to muslim caste. My wife age is 20 weight 47. We both are good in bed but problems is that she not getting pregnant? Please help?
5 Facts About Maternal Weight Gain in Pregnancy
1) Every now and then we find expectant women fussing about too much or too little weight gain during their pregnancy. One must remember that the absolute weight of the mother is not an indicator of the baby's well being inside the womb. Instead, another indicator called as the Basal metabolic Index (BMI- taken as a ratio of weight in kg/ height in m2) is more useful.
2) A normal healthy woman should have a BMI of 20-25 at the start of her pregnancy and the total average weight gain that she should achieve is between 12-16 kg spread over 9 months. Around 50% of this weight should be gained in the last three months of pregnancy. For women whose BMI is more than this value, should target less overall weight gain and vice-versa.
For example, if a woman weighs 80kg at the start of her pregnancy and is 1.72m(172 cm or 5-7feet) tall, her BMI would be approximately 27 and the average weight gain during pregnancy should now be between 7- 11.5 kg. Given below are approximate weight gain allowed for BMI values:
BMI Interpretation Recommended weight gain in pregnancy
1 15-20 Underweight 12.5-18 kg
2 20-25 Desirable weight 11.5-16 kg
3 25-30 Overweight 7-11.5 kg
4 30 and above Serious obesity 5-9 kg
3) Women who start their pregnancies at a higher than normal BMI are at higher risk of pregnancy-related complications but pregnancy is not the time for dieting or other weight loss procedures. One should aim to have a balanced approach and limit the total gain within the permissible range.
4) Some women loose 1-2 kg of weight in the first three months of pregnancy due to poor appetite and frequent vomiting. This is totally acceptable as long as their general health is not affected and there are no ketones appearing in their urine.Similarly, there might be times anytime during pregnancy when the weight gain would slow down or a woman may loose weight also due to poor appetite or loose motions.
5) At times, there would be a very rapid maternal weight gain in a span of a few weeks. Again there is no correlation with the baby's weight gain. Please have a look at your food intake and if there is no significant difference with the previous weeks, then have your blood pressure checked because water retention and swelling in the feet are common reasons for a sudden weight gain. Please ensure that you continue to hydrate your skin in this situation, to avoid getting too many stretch marks. Quick weight gain around the belly and thighs has been suggested as the number one reasons for excessive stretch marks.