Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Derma Roller Treatment
Hair Mesotherapy Treatment
Nail Surgery Procedures
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Facial Rejuvenation Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Line And Wrinkle Smoothing Procedures
Mole Removal Procedure
Mole Removal Surgery
Skin Polishing Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. ShyamalYour feedback matters!
I am a 36 years old lady and facing aopen pores problem last one year. I have also pigmentation problem on my mouth area. There are lots of til around my mouth and the skin tone is also darker of that area. please suggest me effective medicine for pigmentation.
I am suffering from hairfall and I have taken many precautions but there is no benefit for me. So what to do. Please help me?
I often get itchy pimples on my back and shoulders in summers. It's happening since last two years. Can you diagnose the reason behind it? Please suggest me some remedy to cure it as early as possible.
I am 42 years old, I am suffer from black spots under eyes and pains in hands and feet. When the periods starts, I feel very in comfort. From last four months my periods are last for 15 days. If one month periods is less and then next month it is very high. What are the remedies, and medicines should I follow to reduce these problems. Please suggest. Thank you.
I am 19 yrs teen and I have a very disturbing acne and it causes me discourage and making my skin very oily. It is just not in my face only it's on my chest and backs also it is also very painful some of it. And my skin is getting more more pimples on it these is annoying me please how to get rid of these?
Hello Doc, is livon hair gain ok to use for hair thinning problem. It didn't worked for me. I started using livon since 2013 but it didn't worked at all. Infact it made my hair more thin. Should I stop using livon because it contains so much alcohol content. May be livon is the reason behind my hair fall.
Hi I am 28 year male 8 year ago from today I have only one white hair in my beard but now a days its improve beard and head.
My friend has tooo many big pores in his face and also some stain. May I know how to get rid of that. Any home tips.
I am 20 year old and my hairs are going white very fast. Is there any kind of solution to doing them naturally black again?
In 2008, doctor prescribed me some medicines. After taking these medicines I got some skin problems. Like itching, red patches, heat releasing from body. Is there any solution to this problem? I already take lots of medical treatment but there is no positive results, in fact I gain lots of weight due to medicines of allergy.
garner acnofight fach wash helpful in removing the pimples from face? Or not so which face wash is best and any cream which does not have any side effects.
I am 25 year old female and also mother of 7 month baby. After delivery l lose my hair quickly and tried many shampoo but no effect what can I do? Please help me.
Hello sir, My age 22, I have a problem with skin breakage on palm and foot. This continues through the year. Could you please give the solution.
I am having dandruff regularly after using all types of dandruff shampoo. I can't understand how to deal with it. Please help.
Nails are an important part of your physiology, although they are mostly used for either utilitarian purposes such as gripping or for beauty purposes such as nail decorations. Nails themselves can go through infections which need not have underlying causes and thus can cause damage to that part of the tissue. One such disorder of the nail is onycholysis.
What is onycholysis?
This is a disorder where the nail on the finger or the toes starts to separate from the skin below. This happens little by little and usually starts at the tip and then progresses backward. The further back it progresses, the more nail tissue it destroys. While the entire nail may not be detached from the nail bed, parts of it may chip off, showing the tissue underneath.
Symptoms of Onycholysis:
- Jagged border between the pink flesh of the nail bed and the yellow edge of the nail
- Detached nails become opaque, yellow or may turn green in color
- Nail may become irregular in shape and size
- Bits and chunks of nails can break off easily
Primary Causes for Onycholysis:
Let's look at some of the primary causes of onycholysis:
- Frequent Trauma - If you have a profession or work at home where you constantly require tapping away, it might cause minute injuries to build up within the nails and the fingers. Tapping on keyboards is one area where you could get repetitive trauma like this.
- Manicure Problems - Many salons may aggressively try to clean the underside of the nails and in the process, slowly dislodge the nail form the nail bed and cause onycholysis. This has known to be the case with many people.
- Water Immersion - If you have work where your nails are immersed in water for long periods of time, this could also affect the development of onycholysis.
- Skin Diseases - Certain skin conditions can also end up giving onycholysis. Psoriasis and contact dermatitis are other conditions that may lead to onycholysis as a consequence.
- Allergy to Nail Glue - Many makeup artists and customers have complained that certain brands of nail glue can also cause allergies resulting in onycholysis.
- Medications - Medications meant for the treatment of other ailments within the body can have the unintended consequences of causing onycholysis.
The underlying problems need to be corrected which may cause onycholysis. Once the underlying problem is corrected, onycholysis usually corrects itself. The nail may take some time to re-grow but will grow back on its own eventually and may take 4 to 6 months to cover the entire affected area again.