Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. ShyamalYour feedback matters!
I m 18 years old. I have problems of pimples and dark spots. What should I do to keep clean and clear face.
I am a 20 year old girl. I have abnormal hair growth. I have hard hair on chin and upper lips. Can it be cured naturally or by any medicine or should I go for any treatment like electrolysis? is it safe and durable and how much would it cost? please do help.
I have allergy prblm. Itching nd redness in whole body I don't knw why. Plzz tell me the Symptoms of allergy.
I am 22 year old and I suffered from too much oily skin .i have taken isotretinoin capsule for oil reduction ,it reduces my oil secretion but becoz of systemic effect it also cause dryness of scalp and cause hairloss. So I have stopped it. So pls pls suggest any topical medication or face wash for oil control of face.
My face colour become dull by playing in sun rays. I want my face colour back. So want will I do that my face colour become back.
I have I dont know some kind of black dark skin in my something around below my private part, and all around my skin is so white only that part is black, So please give some advice how shall I remove that black skin part?
Now I am 18 years old and my hairs are getting white. Will you please suggest me any solution or prescribe me any medicine to regain my black hairs?
Dr. I am 18 years old. I have oily skin having some dark spot also. So I want to reduce it and get fair skin so should I use anti tan facial or papaya facial for this.
Is any treatment by which dark circle under eye can be remove for permanently? I have to work 11 to 12 hours daily on computer.
My scalp smells very bad. I've tried many kinds of treatments but didn't work. Could you please help.?
There are so many pimple marks or spots on my face how could I remove them and get clear and glowing face.
My child was suffering from Itching from past 2 months. Infact it started showing the pimple kind of things on private parts later spread across the thigh and buttock. We shown our kid to doctor and they suggested "Calamine & light liquid paraffin lotion. Now some what ok. But now it spread to me and my wife also. There will be more itching if we start rubbing any where on the skin. Specifically on the operated regions its heavy itching. Once started, it will keep increasing all over the body specifically on private parts. Please suggest the best lotion or ointment to overcome this. Thanks.
Every woman endures menopause, by the time she reaches middle age. It comes with a lot of complications, and skin changes are also not spared. It is vital to know how to fight the skin changes of menopause to take right actions at the right time.
Major problems faced are hormonal changes and their declines. Ultimately, ovarian activity slows down decreasing in b-estradiol levels. This leads to hot flashes or warmth feel under the skin, especially on face and profuse sweating. The overall experience leads to decrease in the production of estrogen and progesterone, leading to skin changes.
- Oily skin: testosterone production is prominent that stimulates sebaceous glands to secrete thicker sebum making skin appear oily.
- Facial hair: some women show the development of facial hair, especially on chin.
- Sagging skin and wrinkles: decrease in estrogen leads to fat redistribution. This results in skin sagging on face, neck, hands and arms.
- Elastosis: lower estrogen levels lead to decrease in collagen and elastin in the skin dermis. Uv rays destroy collagen resulting in elastosis.
- Thinning epidermis: this leads to trans-epidermal water loss and dry skin.
- Hyperpigmentation / age spots: melanin production is tampered.
How to fight against it
Here are some tips on how to fight the skin changes of menopause.
- With age, skin becomes dry. Right cleanser with a creamy formula is a solution for dry skin.
- Use heavier cream to moisten your skin. Avoid hot, long showers.
- Skin protection from sunlight is a must. Choose a sunscreen that is from a broad-spectrum spf30 or higher and use it regularly.
- Due to hormonal changes, wrinkles appear, and hence you need to apply moisturizer on face, jawline and neck regularly. Use skin-care products meant to act against fine lines and sagging.
- Face, hands and chest usually get affected with age spots. Use sunscreen every day. Those who are already affected with spots, use exfoliating products. These products help to shed dead skin cells. Toners may also help.
- Apply moisturiser on hands too and wear gloves while doing household or yard work.
- Eat foods with antioxidants such as brightly-coloured fruits and vegetables.
- Soy, which is rich in isoflavones, acts like estrogen in the body.
- Stress tends to make skin drier. Yoga, meditation, etc. Helps to relax.
- Do exercise regularly to tone your muscles.
- Sleep well: beauty sleep is most essential to regenerate your cells. Sleep prevents dark circles under eyes. Around 8 to 9 hours of sleep is recommended.
- Now you know how to fight the skin changes of menopause. Follow the tips and then age will be just a number.