Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. ShyamalYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from too much of hair fall with dandruff. Especially too much dandruff on front head. What could be a remedy for this?
I am having ingrown toe nail I ate medicine oaso but it's not getting good and it's is paining a lot.
I am suffering from acne issue from past two to three years even now they leave some horrible marks on my face need some help what should I do to get rid of it.
Hello sir m pichle 7-8 monthsse fungal infection se pareshaan hu Maine Dr. Ko v dikhaya tha Dr. Ne tab. Citrizen Cap. Fluconazole point. Clobeta. Diya tha kuche time thik ho gya h but fr v shi ni ho rha h m kya kru.
I use shampoo wrong way in January 2016. One week us clinic plus shampoo on regular basis and no oil touched in hair. Know my hair week. Please give me solutions for hair fall.
I have black spots on my back due to pimples. And I used some prescribed creams to get my marks reduced. But I don't find any effect. Can you please suggest me any other best medication?
I regularly shave twice a week. Its been a month that one side corner of my moustache has disappear I have consulted my family doctor for the same he said its fungal infection and advise me to use ketoconazole based shampoo. But I can't see any progress please suggests.
I have black spot on my face I use scar remove cream but no change appears. So can you pleas tell wht to do.
I am suffering from pimples and acne and I tried everything but no one cure my pimples so I want to ask you is there any more treatment through which I would get pimple free skin if yes then please tell me.
I am 22 years old and my moustache is gray nd somewhat brown and also some part ot beard is brown. What should I do to make it complete black?
Hi I am having lichen planus skin disease earlier there were having only two three bumps now it is increasing 90% are on my right leg Shown to doctor he has given me steroids which has resulted in weight increase.
Some diseases like chicken pox, measles etc. have definitive symptoms that make it easy to diagnose. However, others like lupus affect each person in a different way making them complex diseases that may take longer to diagnose. Lupus attacks the immune system and causes the antibodies that would normally fight infection to react against the body’s own cells and tissues. There are two main forms of lupus; systemic lupus that affects any part of the body and cutaneous lupus that affects the skin. These can occur simultaneously or on their own.
Some of the rashes that can be caused by cutaneous lupus are:
- Malar rash or butterfly rash: This affects the face and appears as a butterfly shaped rash over the nose and cheeks. It is triggered by the sun’s uv rays and can appear as a faint blush or a severe, scaly rash.
- Discoid lupus: Lupus can also cause small. Coin shaped sores or rashes. These are reddish and scaly in appearance and usually affect parts of the body exposed to sunlight and uv radiation. If left untreated, these sores can worsen with time. Though they do not cause pain or itchiness, they can result in scarring. In cases where these sores develop on the scalp, they can cause permanent bald patches.
- Subacute cutaneous lesions: These can be described as small, red sores that are shaped like coins. These can be found on the arms, shoulders, neck and chest in patches that resemble psoriasis. These lesions are also triggered by uv exposure. Though they do not cause scarring, these lesions can lighten or darken skin.
- Mucous membrane lesions: Sores in the mouth or nose that have been triggered by lupus are known as mucous membrane lesions.
- Baldness: Lupus can make the hair follicles near the scalp fragile and brittle. This can destroy the hair follicles and lead to hair fall. In some cases, hair may grow back while in others it could result in permanent baldness.
- Cutaneous vasculitis lesions: These refer to purplish spots or lines on the calves and feet. This is caused by the inflammation of skin tissues and can cause severe damage and gangrene.
- Raynaud's phenomenon: When exposed to cold, the skin on your fingers and toes may also change colour to red, white or blue due to lupus. This is triggered by the tightening of blood vessels and may be accompanied by a tingling sensation or numbness. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.