Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Shyam ShahYour feedback matters!
I'm 18 years old. 2 days ago I had unprotected sex. It was not the first time. But that day for the first time my vagina started bleeding. I had a sudden fever. Then yesterday it started itching. Feeling a lot week. Urine color is dark orange and experiencing loose motions and dark circles on face. Is this the symptoms of some kind disease or just weakness?
Now my baby is 5month old. I am giving only breast milk to her. Last one week I felt that I am not having enough milk to satisfy her. I will not want to give any formula milk. Can you please suggest me some food to increase breastmilk.
I want to consult a gyne reading my abortion. I had taken the abortion pills on 3rd of February followed by on 5th of February again and started bleeding and cleaning on 5th. But still I continue to bleed and clean. When shall l get my next ultrasound done. Is it normal or ideal to bleed now, having completed 15 days already? Please suggest.
From a young age, we are taught that different nutritious foods can help our bodies stay healthy. Want strong bones? Drink milk to get your calcium. Looking to bulk up your muscles? Eat more meat to pack in the protein. But did anyone ever tell you that there is a super nutrient that can boost your brain?
In the past, lutein – a carotenoid or pigment found in many fruits and vegetables – was primarily known as a nutrient for good eye health. But new research shows that it may also play a strong role in developing and maintaining brain function, and can enhance learning and memory. New research suggests lutein, a nutrient known for supporting eye health, also enhances cognitive skills.
Benefits Babies to Boomers
From infants to seniors, everyone can benefit from a lutein-rich diet.
Increased levels of lutein may help speed up cognitive milestones in infants. Research suggests that as babies get more lutein, either from formula or from breastmilk (when their mother has a high-lutein diet) - supports the development of brain function. “These cognitive milestones could include an infant making eye contact with a parent, moving their head to look at something in their peripheral vision, or turning their attention to someone when they hear their name.”
School-age children may see higher test scores when they eat more lutein. The amount of lutein present in preadolescent children’s eyes directly relates to their brain development and learning skills, which can predict performance on tests.
Lutein and Zeaxanthin (another carotenoid) improves processing speed and efficiency, along with memory in young and older adults. Lutein is known to accumulate in the retina and several other regions of the brain and has been shown to protect against eye disease and preserve cognitive function in older adults.
Eating a healthy, balanced diet can help increase your lutein intake each day. Aim to eat foods rich in lutein like green leafy vegetables: spinach, kale, turnip green, celery and broccoli, zucchini, garden peas, carrots, tomatoes, beets and eggs.
With a helpful brain boost from lutein, people of all ages may be able to improve their cognitive function, from learning and memory to concentration and focus. So, treat your brain to a tasty snack - amp up your next meals by incorporating more lutein.
Http://www. Malaivelsiddhahospital. Com/hsv. Html He says that Genital Herpes is curable. Is it real? Can we trust this? He was showing the reports as well in this site (before treatment and after treatment). Can any one suggest me in this regards. Thank You.
I am 22 year old girl I do sex many time before but now days there is bleeding start after sex for two day when I go to toilet for two day it occur. please give me suggestion or lubricant.
I am 21 year old married female. I am having pain in my abdominal time to time and specially during intercourse. Doctor diagnoses that size of ovary is big plus I have hormonal dis-balance and hypothyroidism too. My periods aren't regular they rarely come time to time. Mostly skip 1-3 months. But last month first time I had 3 time period in one month. There was no medication I was taking that time. Then a doctor examine n said I have some infection in vagina so gave meds n that I followed. But my concern are these abdominal pain during sex and irregular periods.
With the advent of refined laparoscopic instruments, it is possible to treat numerous operable gynaecological conditions. With laparoscopic access, we can operate even more complicated cases like severe endometriosis endometriosis, cancers etc. The common diseases which can be treated with laparoscopic surgery are following :
- Bleeding from Vagina: An abnormal form of bleeding from vagina is medically defined as “AUB / DUB (Abnormal / Dysfunctional Uterine bleeding)”. The bleeding problem which is not responding to medicinal treatment can be dealt with Laparoscopy. Abnormal / Dysfunctional Uterine bleeding is due to abnormality in endometrium of uterus which usually responds to medicinal treatment. In cases where medicine is not able to control the symptoms, uterus, along with both fallopian tubes +/- ovaries, can be removed laparoscopically. In another treatment modality, the endometrium (inside lining of uterine cavity) can be ablated to reduce the troublesome bleeding. Latter procedure is done hysteroscopically.
- Fibroid Uterus: Fibroids are commonly found in uterus. Most of the time they are diagnosed on ultrasound ultrasound. Fibroids can cause problem in the form of abnormal bleeding (heavy menstrual flow, irregular menstrual bleeding pattern), painful periods (dysmenorrhea), recurrent miscarriage miscarriage / abortion abortion, infertility infertility etc. Uterine fibroids usually need surgical removal and can be removed laparoscopically as well as hysteroscopically. Any size of the fibroid can be removed with laparoscopic approach.
- Ovarian Cysts: Ovarian cysts are also common finding on ultrasound. Ovarian cysts which persist for longer times, suspicious of cancer cancer, symptomatic (e.g pain pain abdomen) can be removed laparoscopically.
- Endometriosis: Endometriosis can present as ovarian endometrioma (Ovarian cyst or chocolate cyst), endometriosis implants implants in pelvis, Adhesions in pelvis (involving uterus, fallopian tubes, ovaries, intestinal loops, rectum etc) or as cause of infertility. All these entities can be treated laparoscopically.
- Uterus Prolapse / Vault Prolapse / Pelvic Organ Prolapse: Uterus prolapse into vagina, vaginal vault prolapsing into vagina after hysterectomy hysterectomy can be treated with laparoscopic surgery.
- Uterine cancer, Uterine cervix cancer: Cancers of uterus, uterine cervix, ovarian cancers after chemotherapy chemotherapy can be treated with laparoscopic surgery in which tumorous tissue can be removed with more precision.
- Ectopic pregnancy: Extra uterine pregnancy pregnancy e.g. pregnancy in fallopian tube (tubal pregnancy), pregnancy in ovaries (ovarian pregnancy), pregnancy in cervix (cervical pregnancy) can be treated with laparoscopic approach, as per the indications.
- Ovarian Torsion: Due to numerous factors, ovarian tissue twists around its own axis which leads to compromise in its blood supply ultimately leading to infarction of ovarian tissue. Laparoscopically ovaries can be untwisted and fixed to prevent further twisting.
- Recurrent Miscarriage with incompetent cervix: With the incompetent cervix, there are chances of recurrent miscarriage. Few cases of incompetent cervix need cerclage from abdomen which can be performed through laparoscopic approach.
- Blocked fallopian tubes: Fallopian tubes might get blocked due to infections, adhesion or pressure from mass. In few cases, there is requirement of tubal reconstruction in cases of tubal sterilization. All these fallopian tube blocks can be opened with laparoscopic surgery and hysteroscopically.