Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Shyam ShahYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from herpes HSV TYPE 2 since 2013. Now I am pregnant for 6 months and I am 33 year old. Is it safe to take acivir 400 during pregnancy and also suggest a cream for that.
Muscle pain is common to both men and women irrespective of their age. People usually resort to painkillers in order to receive temporary relief, but taking too much of these can affect your health adversely. Ayurveda provides effective ways to heal muscle pain.
The following few ways to treat muscle pain can be taken into notice:
1. Regular exercise- Regular exercise can help you treat muscle pain. Yoga can prove to be very helpful. You may try lotus pose, cobra pose, boat pose among many others to get relief from muscle pain.
2. Panchakarma- Panchakarma is a therapeutic treatment, which can help you heal your muscle pain. It includes five steps vamana, virechana, nasya, basti, raktamokshana, which will clean your body and mind from toxins and can also offer relief from pain.
3. Abhyanga-This process is suggested in ayurveda to offer relief from muscular pain. It involves applying oil all over your body followed by a warm bath.
5. Use of ice cubes- Applying ice cubes over the area of muscle pain can help you get some relief.
6. Foods to avoid- Avoiding food items like curd, sugar, refined cereal, rice, potato and sour food can help you to reduce muscle pain.
7. Ayurvedic Herbs- Ayurveda also offers many herbs, which can help you find relief from your muscle pain.
8. Obesity- Avoid gaining excess weight. Being overweight can increase muscle pain.
By following the aforesaid tips, you can heal your muscle pain naturally without any side effects. Or, you can also consult an Ayurveda practioner.
Meri ek friend hai 29 years old usko periods hone main delay ho raha hai 2-3 din zyada ho gaye hain uske liye wo kya kare aur ye prob 4-5 mahine pehle bhi aayi thi tab usne homeopathic medicine li thi to ussi din ho gaye the usko ab phr wahi problem rahi hai iska koi permanent ilaaj bataiye. Thnx.
Do the haemoglobin count becomes less during monthly periods, which leads to weakness even difficulty in breathing (occasionally) ?
She had periods on 24 of june nd ended on 1 of july we are planning to have unprotected sex on 6 can she be pregnant? Is it safe days for her to have sex.
When I am doing intercourse with my wife I inject seems inside but as I eject my penis semen comes out of her vagina We want to plan a baby We r trying many a times she also had pre and post dated periods many times.
My problem is I don't get pregnant, before 2 years. I have 2 months miscarriage, I also use follicular study for 1 month, semen test, and home treatment, in home treatment doc say my left tube was blocked I get home medicine, in march doc say now your fallopian tube is open but still I cant get pregnant, I don't know what is the real reason, but i am so tired, please give me suitable advice fr me n my case, recently my periods are very irregular, I hope you are advice is help me, thanks.
My friend did intercourse on 2 march near about 12 noon but sperm did not ejaculated inside. Still she have doubt n worried too much. Then on 5th march she took I pill near about 7. Pm. Then she checked pregnancy test via preganews kit on 6th march morning [first urine]. It ws negative. But now she has too much pain on lower waist. Actually her date should hv to cm on 5-6march but it don't cm yet. Nd no bleeding was there after pill. Now she is very tensed. Help her out. Tell me if any solution or advice.
1. Exercise at least 30 minutes daily
2. Stay active don't sit for more time
3. Diet should include more vegetables and different colour fruits, brown rice, legumes, nonvegetarian people may consume lean meat and fish instead of having red meat.
4. Have a good sleep
5. Quit smoking and alcohol
6. Cope up with stress through exercise and yoga
7. Homoeopathic constitutional treatment not only reduces the risk of chronic diseases in patients but also increases immunity against many futuristic infections too.
Hi doctor, I had been married for 3 years now and want to get pregnant. But one information I would like to tell that I have severe menstrual pain during my period days for first 3 days. Sometimes I have to take painkillers injections. My sonography results shows that all my reproductive organs are alright. I conceived for the last two months but result is negative. Please advice how to get pregnant ?
I am 45 years old. My last period - 8/12/2015 I had sex with my hubby on 2/7/2017 I feel like pregnant so I took urine test it shows negative. I took beta hcg on 5.10.17 it shows 8.53. I scanned my lower abdomen report shows: Uterus: Anteverted, LS: 6.2 cm TS: 8.0 cm LMP: 1 years 9mons, EM: Atrophic, Right ovary: Visualised LS: 1.8 cm TS: 1.5 cms Left ovary: Visualised LS: 1.3 cm TS: 1.4 cms cough of Douglas: No free fluid in the child sac. Comments: small calcified fibroids seen.
Dear Doctor, Meri marrige 1st march 2012 ko huwa hai. Shaadi ke 3 month ke baad meri wife ko overian cyst ho gaya tha. Jiska operatation se nikala gaya. Uske baad abhi tak meri wife MAA nahi ban payi hai. Maine uska Kafi treatment bhi Karwaya. Kya Overian Cyst ke baad meri wife MAA nahi ban payegi. please Uttar dene ki kripa ki jay.
Menorrhagia is a condition that is marked by heavy menstrual bleeding during the monthly menstrual cycles. Most women have a unique bleeding pattern during that time of the month with the flow going up and down over the first few days. Yet, for many women, the bleeding becomes consistently heavy during all the days of the period, during which the period itself may get extended by a few days. If this pattern continues to occurs, one must get it checked out by a doctor at the earliest. Here are a few ways in which this condition may be treated.
Factors considered during treatment: Before the treatment starts, and during the diagnosis stage, the doctor will take a look at a number of factors so that the correct form of treatment may be prescribed to the patient. To begin with, the doctor will take a complete medical history of the patient, including the family history to ascertain whether or not there may be a genetic problem at play. Further, the future childbearing plans of the patient will also be taken into consideration in such cases so that the treatment method does not hinder such plans. Also, the doctor will also try and understand the effect of the symptoms of this condition before prescribing any particular medication and surgery.
- Medication: Iron supplements and non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medicines will be prescribed for the patient to bring down the level of inflammation and restore the production of blood, which will make up for the rapidly flowing blood from the body. This will also prevent the risk of anemia. Oral contraceptives, tranexamic acid, oral progesterone and hormonal therapy can also help in such cases.
- Dilation and curettage: This procedure is also known as D&C, and it basically helps in dilation or opening up of the cervix so that the doctor may suction the tissue from the uterine lining. This tissue is usually known to bring about excessive bleeding.
- Uterine artery embolisation: This is a procedure which shrinks any existing fibroids that may be the cause behind excessive bleeding. In this procedure, the uterine arteries are blocked and the blood supply to the same is cut off so that the fibroids do not get a chance to grow and cause unnecessary pressure that may lead to excessive bleeding.
- Hysterectomy: This is a surgical procedure that removes the cervix as well as the uterus, and is usually the last resort followed by most doctors. In such cases, the doctor will first ascertain whether or not you plan to have any children in the future. Additionally, the ovaries may also be removed if the condition has spread too much to be contained sufficiently.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Infection is generally understood as the invasion into the body tissues by certain foreign bodies, such as bacteria, parasite and virus. They are transmissible diseases and can be transmitted from one person to the other via sneezing, coughing or physical contact. They can be mild, moderate or severe.
- They can be acute that is can last for a short time or chronic that lasts for a long time or a latent infection that may not cause any symptoms at first but reactivates and resurfaces over a period of time.
- Although each infection has its own distinct symptom, generally these symptoms include fever, swelling, redness, inflammation, burning, cough, diarrhea, fatigue, muscular pain, nausea, vomiting, rapid pulse or rapid breathing.
- If the patient has severe headache, difficulty in breathing, painful swelling, and unexplained prolonged fever or cough, he or she should immediately consult a doctor.
Conventional drugs that are given to treat infections like antibiotics, antiviral, antihistamines and steroids have many side effects on the human body . They, on one hand hampers the digestive power of the system and on the other hand lower the immunity power of the body. In the long run, these medicines can have adverse effects on the body. Though conventional drugs suppress the disease for some time, the disease tends to resurface in future.
However, Homeopathy has been found to be a great success in treating both acute and chronic infections. The best part is that, there are no side effects of this treatment and the disease is cured permanently. Homeopathy also boosts our immune system so that the body naturally develops the strength to fight against infections in future, when foreign bodies invade. Homeopathic medicines have also proved to be effective as preventive measures against infections.
Some of the homeopathic medicines for the treatment of most common infections are discussed below:
- Throat infections: Belladonna, Lachesis, Lycopodium, Phytolacca, and Mercurius are most commonly administered to cure throat infections.
- Skin infection: Common homeopathic remedies are Sulphur, Calendula, Hypericum, Silica, and Hepar sulfuris.
- Bladder infection: Berberis, Chimaphila, Hydrastis, Apis, Cantharis, and Sarsaparilla are commonly prescribed.
- Stomach infection: Arsenic album, Nux vomica, Carbo veg, Lycopodium, and Pulsatilla are commonly recommended
- Sinus infection: Kali bichromicum, Pulsatilla, Mercurius, Natrum muriaticum, and Allium cepa work well in cases of sinus infections.
Note: Although, the names of the medicines have been mentioned here, still it is strongly recommended that no medicine should be consumed without consulting a homeopathic doctor. The potency and dosage of the medicine will vary from person to person and can only be decided by a trained practitioner.