Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Shyam ShahYour feedback matters!
because of PCOD I gain 10 kgs in 2 years. I do exercise regularly. But there is negligible changes in my weight. What should I do to loose weight in such condition?
Which position is suggested for getting pregnancy sooner. We use missionary but the semen leaks out of vagina after ejaculation. Please advise.
Get proper evaluations if you see blood in stool.
I have periods on 27th bt still I did not get I have tried papaya jaggery and ginger tea also bt no result wat would be the problem.
We know that acquired immunodeficiency syndrome can spread through sexual contact but i want to know that is it also a genetic disease?
Sir my palm is very hard. Like a rock. If I can shake hand with any person. They said oh. Howz your hand like a rock. Its so hard please explain wht can I do.
Mai pichle 1 sal se ek relationship me hu aur kai bar physical ho chuki hu. Pr ab shadi aur khi ho rhi hai. Plzz mujhe vagina k size reduction ki koi medicine btayen.
Boost your immunity naturally by including following foods...
1) Citrus foods: Citrus like oranges, grapefruit, lemons and limes are an excellent source of vitamin C which helps maintain the body’s defence against bacterial infections.
2) Turmeric: Turmeric is anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidant, anti-bacterial, detoxifying and amazing for digestive health.
3) Papaya: Papaya is beneficial for those with digestive problems.
4) Ginger: Ginger has potent antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties. It helps to boost immune function and combat cellular damage.
5) Garlic:Garlic is also an immune system warrior, protecting the body from infections and illness
6) Pineapple: Pineapple helps in protein digestion which allows your body to utilize immune boosting amino acids effectively.
7) Proteins: Protein nourish your immune system, repair the body and assist recovery.
8) Wheat grass:Wheat grass Juice help support liver and immune function by boosting the liver’s ability to flush out toxins.
9) Berries: Berries help promote healthy tissues and organs. So by including the above foods in your daily diet you start getting improvement in your health.
Eat healthy..Stay healthy...
I had semen in my mouth, then I licked my wife's underwear near her vagina. Will this cause pregnancy?
My wife age 29 is trying to conceive since two years. After going thru all follicle test,tube test ,cystic study,sperm count is well motality is 90 %. Doctors came to conclusion that amh count is low 1.7 and only 3 eggs are left please guide whether to go for iui and ivf.
I am 38 years married female since 4 years with a 2 years old child. I hardly hav relation with my husband. May be once in a month or sometimes we don't even remember when last we came close. I do not enjoy sex neither I have any erge for it. Pl help.
The development of minimally invasive surgical procedures has brought about great improvement in the medical field. This form of surgical procedure makes use of advanced technologies so as to reduce the need for making bigger incisions (or cuts) that characterise conventional open surgeries for the pelvic or abdominal region. A modern surgical technique that has made its appearance in the field of minimally invasive surgery is the laparoscopic single incision surgery.
So what is laparoscopic single incision surgery?
A variation of the traditional laparoscopic surgery, laparoscopic single incision surgery is a relatively a more complex process as it involves the manipulation of 3 surgical instruments through just one point of access. The chief advantage that it offers is that of fewer scar formations as the incision point is very small. Instead of the usual 4-5 small incisions that characterise a laparoscopic surgery, only a single incision of about 1.5-2cm is made and is used as point of entry for different surgical instruments to be inserted.
It can help procedures ranging from gynaecological and urological to colon and cover operations like removal of gallbladders, appendix, ovarian cysts, ovaries or the small bowel. The length of time that the surgeon normally takes to perform an operation using this approach is the same as you would normally expect from a conventional laparoscopic technique (which is roughly an hour).
What are the advantages of this form of surgery?
The reason behind the growing popularity of this type of surgical procedure is that unlike open surgery, it does not come with the disadvantages of longer recovery times, greater pain, infection and blood loss.
The key benefits that this form of minimally invasive surgery offers are:
1. It causes less discomfort than a normal open surgery as it requires only a single incision to be made on the body
2. Since fewer incisions are made, the chances of infection and scarring are also significantly reduced through this approach
3. Again, because the recovery time for this minimally invasive surgical procedure is short, the hospital stay following this surgical procedure is also of a shorter span
4. It also enables you to return to your diet of solid food much faster than you would normally do when you opt for the traditional surgery
5. It also sees you returning to your daily activities and lifestyle much faster
Offering a host of benefits, including fewer complications, single incision laparoscopic surgery can be opted if you suffer from problems of the abdominal or pelvic region.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on'consult.
Trichomoniasis is one of the most commonly occurring sexually transmitted infections. It generally happens on account of having multiple sexual partners or not using condoms and other protective measures during sexual intercourse (vaginal or anal).
Trichomoniasis leads to a foul smelling vaginal discharge and other symptoms that include spotting/bleeding, painful urination, itching in the vaginal region, all of them resulting in painful sexual intercourse. The single- celled protozoa (pathogen) causing this infection is Trichomonas vaginalis.
The most common symptoms among women are:
- vaginal discharge, which can be white, gray, yellow, or green, and usually frothy with an unpleasant smell
- vaginal spotting or bleeding
- genital burning or itching
- genital redness or swelling
- frequent urge to urinate
- pain during urination or sexual intercourse
The most common symptoms in men are:
- discharge from the urethra
- burning during urination or after ejaculation
- an urge to urinate frequently
Treatment Options for Trichomoniasis-
The treatment options for Trichomoniasis can be categorized as follows:
Antibiotics such as ‘Tinidazole’ or metronidazole can be administered.
It is advisable not to consume alcohol within the first 24 hours of being administered ‘metronidazole’ and the first 72 hours of being administered tinidazole as it can lead to severe vomiting and nausea.
Metronidazole is strictly advised against during pregnancy as it can harm the baby.
How to Prevent Trichomoniasis?
The preventive measures include:
Indulging in safe sex is the best way to prevent Trichomoniasis.
Condoms should be used by both the male and the female partners during a sexual intercourse (anal or vaginal).
Sharing sex toys is another big ‘NO’ as the carriers of various STDs may spread through their common usage.
If a person has already been infected by Trichomoniasis then abstaining from sex is the safest option to prevent it from spreading.