Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shweta Mishra
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shweta MishraYour feedback matters!
Amenorrhea is a condition when a woman of childbearing age fails to menstruate. A woman normally menstruates every 23 to 35 days.The part of the brain called the hypothalamus regulates the menstrual cycle. The hypothalamus stimulates the pituitary gland. The pituitary gland lies just below the hypothalamus at the base of the brain.
There are two types of amenorrhea:
- Primary amenorrhea occurs when a woman has not had her first menstrual period (menarche) by age 15 or 16. This condition is also called delayed menarche. It is most often due to late puberty.This is fairly common in teenage girls who are very thin or very athletic. These young women are typically underweight.
- Secondary types of amenorrhea occurs when a woman has experienced menstrual periods, but stops menstruating for three or more consecutive months.
Secondary amenorrhea can be caused by:
- Pregnancy (the most common cause)
- Breast feeding
- Menopause, the normal age-related end of menstruation
- Emotional or physical stress
- Rapid weight loss
- Frequent strenuous exercise
- Hormonal birth control methods, including birth control pills, the patch and long acting progesterone.
- Polycystic ovary syndrome, a condition is associated with a tendency to be overweight, excessive body and facial hair and hormonal irregularities.
- Premature ovarian failure (menopause before age 40)
- Hysterectomy (surgical removal of the uterus)
- Abnormal production of certain hormones, such as testosterone, thyroid and cortisone.
- Tumors of the pituitary gland
Symptoms of Amenorrhea:
Hormone imbalances may cause amenorrhea together with:
- Excess body and facial hair
- Lowering of the voice
- Altered sex drive
- Breast milk secretions
- Weight gain
In order to diagnose your condition your doctor will ask you about:
- The date of your last menstrual period
- Whether you are sexually active
- Your birth control methods
- Your pregnancy history
- Your eating habits
- Rapid weight changes
- Obesity or extreme underweight
- Your typical monthly menstrual patterns
- The age when your mother entered menopause(In most cases it has been seen that, both mother and daughter will enter menopause at the same age)
- The amount of stress in your life and how you deal with it
- The types of medications you are taking
Treatment for amenorrhea:
The treatment for secondary amenorrhea varies depending on the underlying cause of your condition. Hormonal imbalances can be treated with supplemental or synthetic hormones. Your doctor may also want to remove ovarian cysts, scar tissue or uterine adhesions that are causing you to miss your menstrual periods. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
Hello doc I had sex with ma partner dat too without precaution last month like 29th I have taken ipill too but still didn't get the periods. Today morning I did pregnancy test result was negative but I am worried so please suggest me and help me out weather I have to take ipill or any other medicine again please suggest me. Please suggest the tablet.
During sex veginal discharge bahot jaldi ho jata h or partner ko ye acha nhi lagta h iske liys kuch upay h kya ?
Mai 28 years ki hoon meri 6 years ki ek beti hai .last year meri ectopic pregnancy ho gyi thi bt time se pta chl gya to laproscopy krva li thi doctor ne operation ke bad kha tha ki tmhari tubes shi hai dono tmhe pregnancy mai koi problem nhi ayegi. Bt abhi mai ek dusre doctor ke pass gyi thi dobara pregnancy consult ke liye to unhe kha ki jis tube ka operation hua hai vo thik nhi hotI phle jaise nhi rhtI. Mujhe ab tension hai ki meri pregnancy age ho payegi ya nhi. please give any suggestions.
I HAVE DONE hysterectomy IN SEPTEMBER, 2014 AND NOW I AM NEARLY 50 YRS. I WANT SUGGESTION FOR SEX LIFE MY HUSBAND IS DIABETIC.
If uterus is week there is any chance to pregnancy and get baby, is there any problem due to this, if is there mean give me a valuable regards.
The fundamental principle of homeopathy is the law of similars or'like cures like. Homeopathy looks at the general health condition of the person and then prescribes remedies that can stimulate the body to function to its optimum capacity and this can naturally eliminate diseased cells and tissues from the body. The remedies stimulate the body's natural healing procedures without introducing chemicals to kill the disease.
Here are 5 reasons to switch to homeopathic medicine:
1. It is an individualized treatment: a homeopathic practitioner evaluates the patient's overall health and discusses his problems and expectations before prescribing treatment. All the homeopathic remedies are made with the individual's specific climatic conditions, allergies, stress factors, food habits and lifestyle in mind. Homeopathy also optimizes the immune system and it is equally effective for physical and psychological disorders.
2. There are no side effects: homeopathic medicines are made from natural substances and so they are non-toxic and free from side effects. They are given to the patient in small doses and so, the healing approach is gentle and gradual. They can also be used by people of all ages and even those in delicate conditions like pregnancy, chronic diseases etc. Even if the wrong medicine is prescribed to the patient, it does not cause much harm to the body.
3. Homeopathic medicines are easily accessible: homeopathic remedies are available in most places as they are made directly from the abundant natural resources. There are also several alternatives to a medicine depending on the kinds of plants and minerals found in a particular region. Moreover, the medicines do not have an expiration date and can be stored for a long period of time if they are kept properly.
4. The remedies are non-invasive: no homeopathic remedy involves surgical procedures or invasive techniques. So, there is absolutely no chance of infection or further complication. The medicines and therapies are also aimed at eliminating the root cause of the disorder instead of just providing temporary relief from the symptoms.
5. Homeopathic medicines are not addictive: once the disease is healed, the person can easily stop using the medicines since they have no addictive property. This is because the active ingredient is used in minute quantities in homeopathic medication. Hence, these remedies are also safe for infants, children, pregnant and breastfeeding women, aged people and people with addiction problems.