Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shweta Gupta
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shweta GuptaYour feedback matters!
I am 26 .I am married for 2 years. We did unprotected sex for 2 years. I did not take any precautions nor did he. Usually he used to bring out his thing at the time of discharge. I dint get pregnant anytym. Now as I want to conceive, I thot to consult a doctor for dos and do nots. Bt the doc, much to my irritation, only asked weather I take any precaution or not. She told me it is worrisome how you hvnt conceived yet if also your husband does not discharge within you. She has told me to do some test. So I want to ask is it really a danger?
My girlfriend is 19 and i am 20, had unprotected intercourse two days ago, I'm not very sure if I ejaculated completely inside her. What are the chances of pregnancy? And in case how can she avoid pregnancy? Her periods are due in 9-10 days roughly.
I am 18 years old female and my body is very weak my mensuration leads to continuous 7 days my weight is 40 kg and height 5.4 what should do to have a little healthier body?
Dyspareunia is a phenomenon noticed in both males and females, but more frequently in females. It refers to recurring pain during or after sexual intercourse. Such kind of pain affects female genitalia usually the vagina, clitoris, or at times the depths of the pelvis. This pain is often accompanied by a burning, itching or throbbing sensation which can prove to be extremely discomforting if left unattended. Thankfully, a careful examination of symptoms leading to Dyspareunia and its early diagnosis can improve a person's sexual health.
Indicators of this deep rooted problem
- Pain can occur during penetration in and around the vagina, urethra or the bladder.
- Pain can be a new occurrence after earlier instances of painless intercourse.
- It can be felt throughout intercourse in places, such as deep in the pelvis or even after intercourse.
- The intensity of the ache is sometimes sharp and at other times, it is as piercing as menstrual cramps.
- It need not necessarily be associated with intercourse; pain can be experienced during any kind of penetration. Thus, using a tampon or a moon cup can also result in soreness.
- Skin diseases can either be a symptom or a root cause leading to the problem. Skin problems, such as Psoriasis or Lichen Sclerosus should not be taken lightly.
- Tightening of vaginal muscles at the beginning of intercourse may or may not be superficial pain. In most cases, it is identified as Vaginismus but it can also be a symptom of acute Dyspareunia.
Ways to nip the pain in the bud
- While, usually, pain during sexual intercourse is a result of adolescence or a traumatic sexual history, it can also be the result of a physiological problem contracted at birth. However, treatment in any situation is necessary to enable smooth functioning of one's life.
- Injectable corticosteroids might prove to be helpful.
- There are oral medications to remedy the problem; antibiotics and antifungal medicines.
- Increase in estrogen levels through the use of the drug Osphena helps in curing frailty of vaginal tissues.
Precautionary measures to be followed at home
- Taking a warm bath before intercourse can lead to betterment.
- It is best to avoid sex when in stress. Both partners should be relaxed to ensure a complete lack of pain.
- After sex pain can be relieved by applying an ice pack around the vulva.
- Urinating before sex can be helpful. It is also good to use water soluble lubricants for stimulation.
I am 25 years Female and I have PCOD since 2-3 yrs. But, my menses have never been irregular, I am over weight and I have hirsutism. What are the possibilities of me being infertile in future? What medications I should take- since I do not have any issues with my periods.
If a women wants to conceive after 43 what kind of diet she should take n what kind of supplements she should advice for a healthy n normal child.
Good morning sir My wife age 22 years ,and my son age 19 months boy. Recently (6 days) she stopped mother feeding .Now she face Brest pain ,head ache, fever,weakness, she taken pcm 500 mg continue 2 days but not recovered please advise me ,now what I can do to solve this problem Thanking you.
I want to check my fiancee virginity and want to confirm that she is not involved in a physical relationship with someone else before me. How can this be possible?
Motherhood is a life transforming phase that all women look forward to. With the conception of a baby, a number of physiological and psychological changes take place within the mother’s body. Soon there will be a number of restrictions in the kind of food a mother a can consume, the activities that a mother can perform, the way she sleeps or sits. These restrictions are put so as to allow the baby to grow and develop safely. The restrictions prevent injuries and accidents that can be quite fatal to both mother and child.
Sitting Postures You Must Avoid
Do not sit straight on the edge of the chair. Provide a support to your back.
Do not sit in a way that pressurises only one side of your hips. Evenly distribute your weight when sitting down. Be comfortable.
Do not sit at the same place and in the same position for extended time periods.
Do not twist from your waist when you are sitting on a rotating chair. Instead, slowly move the chair along with your entire body to turn around.
Standing Postures You Must Avoid
Avoid standing with your pelvis tilted forward or backward. You must stand straight with your stomach held in and up as much as possible.
You must not slouch while standing.
Do not stand in the same position for an extended period of time.
Do not put your weight on one foot. Shift weight occasionally if your feet are hurting, but make sure to evenly distribute the weight.
Do not bend too much backwards or forwards.
Do not keep your head tilted down or sideways when you are standing. Look up, look straight.
Sleeping Postures You Must Avoid
Lying on your stomach
Sleeping with pillows under your shoulders. Pillows should only support your head.
Do not sleep all curled up. Relax your feet and hands to allow the blood circulation to continue smoothly.
Do not jerk up from your lying position. Turn to the side, swing your legs down to the side of the bed slowly and sit up using the support of your hands.
Activities You Must Avoid
Hard core gyming
Intense aerobics that include a lot of jumping
Lifting heavy weighted objects
- Travelling by public transport on a jerky road.
If you wish to discuss about any spIfecific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.