Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shweta Gupta
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Shweta GuptaYour feedback matters!
Doc s suggested me to take spas med for pain killers in periods bt its nt wrkng. Also I took mala n bt its nt wrkng tooo. Wat shd I do nxt.
Meri delivery 1 January ko hui thi. C. Section hua tha. Mera beta ab 4 months 15 days ka ho gya h. Shuru mein main breastfeeding krwa rhi thi pr sath mein lactogen milk b deti thi ab mujhe doodh aana bht bht km ho gya h. please mujhe koi tareeka bataein jis se doodh jald se jald badhe koi home remedy batayein or kis wajah se doodh km ho raha h wo b batayen plz.
I am 43 yrs woman not married, I am planning to get marry now is it possible to conceive in this age.
Hi, My wife is pregnant for 1 month. She is getting stomach and vomit. Please give me idea how we can reduce it. We are consulting with a doctor but no relief so far. Please suggest.
She is pregnancy in 6th month, feels that occasionally urination, is any problem with this. Please guide.
What is the right time during menstrual cycle to have sex, we are planning to have kid. But my wife is not able to conceive for last 3 months.
Doctor, I am on progesterone tablets frm cd 19 10 mg twice a day. I ovulated between cd 20 amd 23 did a scan and there was POD fluid present. I was due on march 2nd but on 1st I was spotting brownish red few drops just once in a day if I run around too much or press on my abdomen. I have PCOS. Also I have watery cm today. Could this be implantation bleeding or impending periods? Could still be pregnant? Should I continue the duphaston tablets? And wait til 14-16 dpo.
I am 26 years old I got married in 2013. Now we are trying for a baby we are trying from last 6 months. But can not get result. So would you please tell me what was the reason for that. I am worried about that.
Vaginal yeast infection occurs when too many yeast cells grow in the vagina, causing inflammation. It can spread by sexual contact but is not considered as a sexually transmitted infection. A yeast infection results in soreness or itching in the vagina with a burning sensation while urinating.
Causes of yeast infections in the vagina:
The vagina contains a balanced mix of yeast and bacteria; but if the balance is disrupted, it can lead to yeast infection. The reasons for overgrowth of yeast infections are:
- If antibiotics are used more than usual, they can decrease the level of lactobacillus bacteria present in the vagina, changing the pH of vagina
- Having high estrogen levels during pregnancy by using high dose birth control pills and hormone therapy can lead to the overgrowth of yeasts.
- Having diabetes, especially when the blood sugar level is not checked and tends to be high
- Having a weak or impaired immune system
- Being overweight and having poor eating habits, including foods high in sugar level
Risk factors associated with the condition:
A number of factors can increase your risk of getting a vaginal yeast infection.
- Using antibiotics heightens your risk of developing vaginal yeast infection as it disrupts the balance between yeast and bacteria. Excessive intake of antibiotics can kill healthy bacteria, leading to overgrowth of yeast organisms.
- Having a weak immune system with conditions such as poorly controlled diabetes and HIV can lead to an overgrowth of yeast in the vagina. Corticosteroid medicines also weaken the immune system.
- Wearing pants that are tight-fitting, nonabsorbent and undergarments that trap warmth and moisture
- Having high estrogen levels due to an imbalance of hormone levels during pregnancy or menstrual cycle can also lead to vaginal yeast infection. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.