Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Shweta GuptaYour feedback matters!
My fertile dates for month of march is 12 to 15 march.At what time i should do intercourse to conceive a girl child
While many of us may associate healthy food with a healthy body, it is also true that healthy food can support a healthy brain. As we start to grow old, there is something known as oxidative damage which can lead to memory impairment and general brain decline. A healthy brain is one where the brain function is at an appropriate level and the aging process has been pushed back in terms of stellar memory and information processing. According to Ayurveda and other arms of medical science, there are a number of super foods that can help in this process. Here is a list of five foods that can lead to a healthier brain.
- Brahmi: This is one of the most commonly used Ayurvedic herbs. It can be used for many ailments and it also prescribed as a brain tonic for stronger memory. Besides making the memory clear and sharp, this ingredient can improve the brain’s grasping power and the mental capacity of the brain. It is also an excellent anti-anxiety agent, as per Ayurvedic science.
- Ginkgo Biloba: This herb promotes better blood circulation in the brain, which helps in improving the overall brain function. It is also a memory enhancer. This herb is used by Ayurvedic doctors for the treatment of Alzheimer’s Disease and Amnesia. It is a good medicine that can repair the damaged cells of the brain.
- Ashwagandha: This is also known as an Ayurvedic wonder herb. This herb contains many beneficial properties for the brain and the rest of the body. When it comes to the brain and its functioning, Ashwagandha is ideal for patients who are suffering from severe stress. Besides being a stress reliever, this herb can also be used to keep the brain in a calm state for better performance. It helps in improving the functioning of the brain and its complex nerves. This herb is also a good memory enhancer.
- Gotu Kola: Gotu Kola is a well-known Ayurvedic herb that can be used for protecting the nerves from damage. It protects the brain cells as well. Also, it enhances the capacity of the brain and leads to improved performance thanks to the many vital elements that it carries.
- Mulethi: This is a stress relieving herb used by Ayurvedic doctors. It improves the blood circulation in the nervous system, which gives rise to better brain function. This is a very good herb for children and students, as it is a memory booster which helps them in retaining and retrieving information. It is also a stress relieving medicine that can be used to keep the brain calm and cool even in the most challenging situation. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
Today I had unprotected sex with my bf accendiently. What should I do now. Please reply asap. I am very scared. Please advice me what contraceptive I should take so that there shouldn't be chance of pregnancy.
I always have regular cycle of 26-33 days. I had unprotected sexual act on the 19th day of my cycle. There was no penetration. But there was stimulation with hands. And there was precum.in the hands. And then he stimulated me. With the hands. Though he had peed before the sexual act. And throughout the act there was no ejaculation. And after the incident after 8 days .i got my periods for 2 days. With lower abdominal pain and lower back pain. I changed 5 pads. But there was dizziness and breast and nipple pain this tym. Today is the 4 day of the period and I hav almost stopped bleeding with only few spotting. Also today a hpt was taken with the morning sample with the help of prega news which turned out to be negative. So it is possible that I am still pregnant. As I do not want to be pregnant now. Please help me with your advise. Please please please. I do not want to be pregnant .
I am 24 years old married (1year, I have PCOD problem like irregular periods till now I have not got conceive, and I have gained weight even pimples also in face. please tel me the remedy.
I've been having clear vaginal discharge here lately, it soaks my panties. My vagina is healthy but sometimes burns or itches. A couple months ago my boyfriend took my virginity. I don't know if this has anything to do with it or not:/ but I did have my last period on time and my normal flow. What's going on, should I go see the doctor?
I am 25 years old female I have a habit of eating slate pencils can anyone tell me is this affects my future pregnancy.
Doctor I have a 6 years old son. Now we are planning for 2nd baby. And in this 6 yrs, I done an abortion 3 years back. Now Recently 2 months back I faced a miscarriage. So now will I be able to plan for 2nd baby. My first child is from scissoring.
I am 27 year old woman, trying to conceive last 6 months but don't get. When I am start to planning a baby then my period cycle is irregular .and last 2 months my white discharge very small amount. Pls guide me. How to pregnant fast.
Is it safe to consume I pill in a span of 3 months? Are there any other safer alternatives of emergency contraceptives.
I am 5 weeks pregnant. Is it good to eat cooked chicken a week and boiled eggs every day at this stage. Since mother says they have heat which may affect baby in early stage. please guide.
My girlfriend period comes between 7_10 of every month so when I should do sex without condom and if drop sperm in her vagina so that she doesn't get pregnant.
My periods are not regular. There is always a gap of 2-3 months. I checked for thyroid but its normal. What should I do?
Stitches or sutures act as a closure for either surface wounds or deep wounds. Procedure to close a deep wound comprises of sewing the two edges and applying stitches under the skin surface.
Catagories of sutures
- Non-absorbable stitches: Such stitches are applied in case of skin wounds or internal wounds. Such stitches get healed quickly and are easy to remove. Non-absorbable stitches are made of natural fibers or synthetic threads like nylon polypropylene. As the name suggests, these stitches are either permanent or persist for a long time.
- Absorbable stitches: Such stitches are applied on layers, which have the property of healing quickly. They are very firm during the initial days. Then they start getting dissolved in the body.
Precautions taken by medical team before applying stitches to prevent infection
- Careful checking of nose for occurrence of germs before the start of operation.
- Skin must be cleansed prior to surgery.
- Sanitizing hands prior conducting the surgery.
- Usage of germ free gloves and sterile clothes while applying sutures.
- Prescribing antibiotics to the patients who may fear high risk of infection.
Precautions to be taken by patient to prevent infection
- Take a bath prior to surgery.
- Avoid using razor at the surgical site. The same can be carried out by using clippers by the surgery team itself.
- Keep all your jewellery aside before the operation starts. Do not apply nail polish.
- It is advised to cover up the wound. Try to keep the adjacent areas germ free. This is a crucial step in avoiding infection.
- Visit your doctor at once on finding redness around the wound.
When to see the doctor
Pain up to a certain threshold is normal. In case pain gets unbearable, the scene can be alarming. It may be an indication of infection. Taking immediate remedial steps is necessary to avoid infection or any other side effects post the surgery. On meeting with any of the following signs, it is better to consult doctor at once.
- If the skin around the wound gets swollen.
- If you detect redness around the wound.
- If the pain becomes unbearable.
- If the wound starts developing pus.
- If your body temperature increases abnormally or if you have fever.
- If you observe red streaks around the wound.
- If in case a stitch gets opened up and the edges of the suture start widening. This is the most alarming sign. In case a suture gets opened, you must immediately seek a remedy.
Ask your doctor for the precautions you can take to avoid experiencing any of the above signs. If you come across such alarming symptoms, rush to the nearest hospital and get the appropriate treatment.
My partner is 4 months of pregnancy. Today I took for ultrasound. Everything is fine but baby growth is very slow. So I want know that what kind food and medicine need for growth of baby. please suggest the best.
Can you imagine your life without your cell phone? Difficult isn’t it, but did you know that these devices could be harming your sexual health? Most people keep their cell phones in their jeans or trouser pockets or clipped to a belt on their waist. While this does make the phone easily accessible, it also affects male fertility.
There are two main aspects to male fertility; the motility and viability of sperm cells. Motility refers to the sperm cell’s ability to swim through body fluids and fertilise the egg. Viability refers to the number of living vs non-living sperm cells and sperm cell abnormalities.
Cell phones are constantly working even when we’re not talking into them. They constantly send out and receive electromagnetic frequency radiation to keep your social media accounts updated. Given the close proximity of the cell phone and your body, this energy may be absorbed by your genitals. As a result, the sperm cells may change shape and lose their ability to attach themselves to an egg. The structural abnormality may impede the sperm’s ability to swim and thus reduce motility. Semen exposed to this type of radiation also has a high level of free radicals.
In order to produce sperm, the testicles maintain a specific temperature that is ideal for sperm health. Smartphones typically also have a higher temperature than that of the room you are in. Thus, when you keep your cell phone in your pant pockets, they increase your skin temperature in the groin by approximately 2 degrees as well as the temperature within your testicles. This slows down the production of sperm cells and can even kill them thus, reducing sperm cell viability.
In the ideal world, a cell phone should only be carried in a bag, but almost all men may cringe at the thought of carrying a bag. Hence, take your phone out of your pocket whenever possible, for example while driving, at a restaurant etc. The use of Ayurvedic aphrodisiacs can also lower the harmful effects of cell phones. The dried roots of asparagus or safed musli can help increase sperm count and rejuvenate a man’s libido. Ashwagandha, shilajit and kawach are also very effective Ayurvedic herbs to treat male infertility. Increasing your intake of food rich in vitamin C and E can also help deal with the stress in sperm caused by phone radiation. The use of these herbs has negligible side effects and hence can be safely used by men of all ages. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.