Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Shweta GuptaYour feedback matters!
Hello sir, I did sex with my girl friend on 4 may. After that her regularly period comes on time for 2 time. But this time her period not come on time .sir, is any kind of problem is come. Sir is she pregnant?
My son is just 38 days old. He cries often due to hunger. I am on breastfeeding. Some of ma relatives are telling he is not getting enough milk. Also he s looking so lean. I am feeling guilty that I can't produce enough milk. My nipples are too sore. I am using breast shield to feed him. He latches well on the shield. Please suggest what should be done for increasing the milk flow.
My doctor found polyp in my uterus, how can it be removed and can I got pregnant after the removel of this polyp.
I have no HIV after 3 month test and I have some symptoms so what should be the rate of STD checkup like syphilis chlymdia gonnorheo etc how much it cost.
My mother had working homes so every time she spend with water so thats my mother hand had full of" pagullu" We are tried several ointments and tablets. So kindly give best solution to my mother thanks and:)
Meri shade ko 10months hue he 1st time 2 months me pregnant hue thi. But baby Abbort karna pada. Wife abhitak pregnant nae ho rae he pls suggest treatment for me.
I am 26 years old female. Is it safe to have sexual intercourse without protection 4 days before my periods. Or is there chance to conceive? If so what can I do to avoid it?
Any ailment can cause a breakdown of one's overall well-being due to the onslaught of related symptoms, and sinus problem is no different. Sinusitis refers to inflammation or swelling of the tissue that lines the sinus, which are passages filled with air and lie in the nasal tract.
Sometimes, these passages get blocked with germs, fluid and other elements that can give rise to infections and allergic reactions. Here are the ways in which this condition can affect your health:
- Related ailments: One of the most common outcomes of sinus blockage is common cold, which can happen when the passages do not get proper movement of air. Further, it can also cause allergic rhinitis which is also known as hay fever and comes with its own set of symptoms like a runny nose, blocked nose and ears, watery eyes and other signs. A build-up of nasal polyps can also take place in the blocked path of the sinus, while the nasal cavity can also shift, causing a deviated septum.
- Pain: We have many sinuses that are located in various parts of our head, including the areas above and below the eyes. As a part of the sinus attack, one may experience pain and fluid fullness in these areas. These regions can ache when there is a sinus infection. This pain can also be caused by the dull pressure exerted by inflammation, and the pain can then travel down to jaws, teeth and even between eyes.
- Headaches: The constant pressure and persistent pain in the various areas containing the sinus can lead to long term headaches which will be at their worst in the mornings. This is due to the fact that the fluids have been accumulating throughout the night. These headaches can get worse if there is a change in the temperature.
- Congestion: Congestion is also a common symptom of sinus infection. The swollen sinuses can lead to constrictions in the nasal passage, which can obstruct normal breathing. This will lead to congestion, which can also affect the senses of taste and smell.
- Cough and discharge: A patient suffering from a sinus infection may end up blowing his or her nose more often than normal. This will usually happen because a yellowing greenish discharge will drain into the nasal passages on a regular basis during the infection. When this discharge bypasses the nasal tract and reaches the throat, it can also cause persistent coughing. It is best to ask for medical intervention and practice steaming to relive the painful symptoms of this condition.
Pcos is a syndrome disease defined by a collection of signs and symptoms. The symptoms of pcos that one patient experiences can be very different from the symptoms of another patient. If you have two or more of the following symptoms, you need to have a thorough checkup to determine if you need pcos treatment:
Irregular or missing menstrual periods, infertility, excess or unwanted body or facial hair growth, thinning hair on the scalp, weight problems, often including weight gain around the waist, skin problems, including skin tags, darkening skin and acne
Complications of pcos
The common pcos symptoms are difficult enough for most women, but some will experience further complications, including:
Diabetes, elevated insulin levels or insulin resistance, heart and blood vessel problems, uterine cancer, sleep apnea
Each of these problems can be life threatening, which is why treatment for pcos is so important.
Lifestyle and prevention
One of the best treatments for pcos is a healthy lifestyle. A healthy diet low in refined carbohydrates is important, as this can help regulate blood sugar levels. Exercise can also help the body regulate insulin and keep excess weight off. Losing weight is challenging with pcos, but doing so can help reduce the male hormone levels in the body, and some women will begin to ovulate naturally. With a proper diagnosis, lifestyle changes and pcos treatment, women can get relief from this condition and the overwhelming health problems it can cause.
Homoeopathy offers permanent solution for this syndrome, the medicine is selected based on symptom totality and individualisation, some of the medicines for pcod are graphites, lachesis, calcarea carb, lycopodium, nux vomica, sepia, ignatia, staphysagria.
My daughter got married 3 years ago but no good news received. It is suspected that problem is from husband side. As a result there is always clashes between them. If there is no physical relationship between them, then there wouldn't be any reason to be happy. I am seeking an expert advice from experienced psychologist in this concern. Please provide help. Regards.
I m not having regular periods and 19 th is supposed to be my expected date but till now it has not came. Still I m experiencing cramping and mood swings. What should I do?
During intercourse my wife get pain in her vagina initially but slowly pain goes away after a while. please help.
I am >60 Years but like to meet my biological needs as I am very active, Is this OK to indulge to meet her the needs and whether the health will affect as the other gender is 32 years separated girl and wanted me to indulge in this and more vigorously need for her desire and i am OK. Your guidance and precautions pls.
Appendicitis is a chronic or acute medical condition where the appendix gets inflamed and causes severe pain. If left untreated, the condition can prove to be fatal. The appendix is a small tube shaped sac at the end of the large intestine. In humans, it is typically not known to have any functional value although some studies suggest that it helps digestion by creating a conducive environment for friendly bacteria. Surgical removal of the appendix is suggested as the most common treatment for the ailment.
One of the key causes of appendicitis is believed to be the partial or complete obstruction at the mouth of the appendix. The common causes of obstruction include accumulation of fecal matter, worms, enlarged lymphoid follicles, trauma or tumors. It is also possible that an infection in the stomach could have extended into the appendix.
Appendix is commonly detected because of its progressive worsening pain in the stomach which narrows down to the lower right side of the abdomen is called Mc Burney point. Half of the patients though do not have this typical symptom and instead come in with a complaint of gastroenteritis, urinary tract infection or even a kidney stone. Further blood tests, urine tests and MRIs or ultrasounds are used to pinpoint the area causing the pain.
In most cases of advance appendix, a surgical intervention is necessary. The type of surgery will vary on a case to case basis.
Homeopathy can be tried in early stages and is especially useful to treat chronic and recurrent cases. It works with the principle of 'like cures like', which means that the elements that cause the problem are a key to its solution too. It employs a holistic healing methodology getting rid of the signs and symptoms and restoring complete health. While other treatments focus on curing the 'problem', homeopathy also deals with the basic reason of the problem and the individual's susceptibility to it. Here are some of the remedies:
- Arsenicum album: This is used when the appendicitis has resulted in sepsis and the patient also suffers from diarrhea.
- Belladonna: This is an early stage remedy for cases where appendicitis is accompanied by headache, fever
- Bryonia alba: This is an effective remedy when the pain aggravates with movement.
- Colocynthis: This is a recommended remedy when the patient experiences spasmodic or entwining pain, which worsens with indigestion. Applying warm pressure over the area helps in such cases
- Rhus Tox: This remedy is also called the 'homeopathic knife' to treat appendicitis. It is used when the pain is constant and the patient is never free from pain.
To customize the selection of the remedies according to your specific symptoms, it is best to consult with a practitioner.
I have lots of facial hair, some acne also, my periods also get delayed but rarely. I am four years married and took all the related tests as I had problem in conceiving but all the tests were fine except in ultrasound there was some issue due to which doctor suspected pcod but when hormonal test was done it was fine so the possibility of pcod was overruled. But now I have conceived and I am 6 weeks pregnant. I feel consistent pain in lower abdomen and also after I take susten200 I feel diziness. My doctor told me its normal. Also in ultrasound the same issue is there and in urine my epithelial cells are 10-20. Is everything fine or there can be some issue?
Perimenopause is the transition period in a women?s life when her ovaries stop producing eggs .Her body produces less estrogen and progesterone and menstruation becomes less frequent. A woman generally experience Perimenopause around the age of 40 years. Symptoms can begin as early as her mid 30s.
Menstrual inequalities ? Change in the menstrual cycle is the important sign of Perimenopause. Periods may be shorter, may be longer .Women can experience either scanty menses or profuse bleeding.
Hot flushes ? Hot flushes and night sweats are the most common signs of Perimenopause.
Weight gain ? Less estrogen can cause high cholesterol and weight gain.
Hypertension ? High level of cholesterol can ultimately lead to high blood pressure.
Mental symptoms -Like depression, anxiety, irritability can experience by Perimenopausal women.
Loss of Libido ? it can experience by many women in the period of Perimenopause.
Dryness of vagina ? It occurs due to decreased production of estrogen.
Painful sex ? It mainly caused due to dryness of vagina.
Other cause include
Frequent urinary tract infections
Rapid heart beat
Involuntary urinary leakage
Some important remedies are given below to treat Perimenopause symptoms:
Sulphur, Pulsatilla, Lachesis, Actea Racemosa, camphor, Platina, Sabina, Calcaria carb, Nux Vomica, Sanguinaria and many other medicines.
Allopathic treatment ? Mainly include hormonal replacement therapy, antihypertensive drugs, antidepressants etc.
Please consult your physician or homeopath in person before starting or discontinuing any form of medical treatment.