Lybrate.com has top trusted Dentists from across India. You will find Dentists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Shubhra KanwarYour feedback matters!
My teeth isn't growing now. It has stopped growing in between. I have only half teeth now what should I do?
My question is related to teeth-what should I do to remove bad breath? I have tries various methods but none are foll proof. I go for cleaning once in 8 months. I get relief for some months when I go for cleaning but again the proble arises. Please advise.
I have cavity between wisdom tooth n pre molar tooth. I wish to extract it .will it be safe. Or other suggestions.
I am 18 years old and I was suffering from teeth ache for last two months and I take medicine but it does not relief me what I have to do to got relief from the pain.
I have irregular teeths and 2 missing canines. Please let me know about the estimated cost to be incurred in the treatment through lingual braces or other best alternative.
Hi, I am of 26years male. I have dental problem. My dentist have said that I have hypoplastic type teeth and this kind of teeth problem has no treatment in the world but only preventing teeth from damage in future is the way of solution. Day by day my teeth are affecting by cavities and I feel loss of enamel amount of my teeth. And I already have undergone for RCT too for two of my teeth. Is there really no treatment for hypoplastic teeth?
I have fone fillings in ma tooth. I can feel sensation since the fillings are deleted. I am scared of drilling. Whether the same can be done through laser method. How much does it cost per teeth?
My teeth is yellow. I daily use to brush 5-10 minutes but no change. Please suggest me any home remedy which can whiten my teeth.
I'm suffering from tooth pain from last one week. Can you suggest what is the best treatment for this. And also suggest me that get relief from pain instantly. So please respond my msg. Thank you bye.
Sometimes I have pain in my mouth under my tongue and I do not know what to do at that time I have eaten pain killers but it does not response good. What should I do?
I have some teething issue. Sometimes blood comes from my teeth. When I woke up in morning a saliva kind of comes from my mouth.
I have mouth ulcer since many years, mostly around the tongue and am hardly ever without these painful symptoms. All the ointments only hold the pain down for little time, but never solve the problem. Would an ayurvedic treatment help? And if so where should I go? Thank you
Dental problems can be very painful and take the smile off your face completely. Those who have experienced sensitivity would vouch for it. It just will not allow you to enjoy the hot coffee or a favourite sweet or a cold smoothie. The pain that shoots down the tooth after any of these would leave the person shuddering.
The tooth has 3 layers, from the outside in these are the enamel, the dentin and the pulp. The outermost enamel is mineralized and the hardest structure in the body. The next layer, dentin, has fine tubules and when the enamel is worn off exposing the dentin, sensitivity sets in. The enamel is thinner in some portions of the tooth like the neck and the roots, therefore sensitivity onset is quicker in these areas.
Some of the common reasons for sensitivity are listed below:
- Tooth decay: As caries progresses from enamel to dentin, sensitivity sets in, especially to hot and cold foods.
- Wear and tear: Excessive brushing of teeth can lead to wearing of teeth, especially near the neck areas, leading to loss of enamel and resulting in sensitivity.
- Dental damage: Chipped or broken tooth can lead to sensitivity.
- Gingival disease: This leads to loss of gum cover over the tooth, leading to exposure of dentin and therefore sensitivity.
- Bruxism: Clenching of teeth, common in people with high levels of stress, can lead to enamel wearing and subsequent sensitivity.
- Dental treatment: Some dental procedures like scaling, crowns, root planing, and some fillings can cause transient sensitivity.
- Highly acidic food items: Citrus fruits, tomatoes, tea, etc. can lead to tooth sensitivity.
- Bleaching agents: Most tooth whitening agents result in sensitive teeth.
- Excessive use of mouthwash: The mouth rinses contain high amount of alcohol which can also lead to tooth sensitivity.
Management: As with all health conditions, the first step in management is to identify the problem. Whether it is dental decay or recent dental treatment, food habits or tooth whitening agents, the cause needs to be identified and then treatment begun accordingly.
- For lost enamel, be it decay or damage, the tooth again needs to be restored to its original form to cover the dentinal tubules and reduce sensitivity.
- For habits, be it food related or bruxism, in addition to treating the tooth, the habit per se needs to be addressed to prevent recurrence.
- For associated dental products like whitening agents or mouth rinses, talk to a dentist to switch to a less harmful product.
- De-sensitizing pastes are also available that can be used on a regular basis to reduce the problem.
Tooth sensitivity is annoying but there are ways to manage it effectively.