Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Shubhangi PandyYour feedback matters!
What is motion sickness?
Motion sickness (travel sickness, car sickness) is a general sense of not feeling well, nausea, vomiting, headache, and sweating that is caused by repeated motion. It develops when the inner ear, the eyes, and other areas of the body that detect motion send conflicting messages to the brain. Any type of transportation can cause motion sickness.
Children are more susceptible to motion sickness than adults. About half of children between the ages of 4 and 10 experience dizziness and nausea when travelling by car, airplane or boat. Girls tend to be more susceptible than boys.
What are the symptoms of motion sickness?
The most common signs and symptoms of motion sickness include:
- Increased salivation
- Pale skin
Homeopathy for Motion Sickness
In most cases treatment with homoeopathic drugs is necessary and in some cases, it is the only method of treatment as conventional treatment cannot offer a cure always. Merely treating Motion sickness on symptomatology basis has failed to give permanent relief. So a holistic approach considering the individualistic treatment to provide an improved understanding of the patient’s situation and to make it easier and possible to avoid recurrences in the future has to be kept in mind in treating such diseases.
In the context of travel, homoeopaths have some valid conclusions, regarding the holistic and individualistic approach to motion sickness. Homoeopathy takes the set of most distinct, individual symptoms into account, which are truly characteristic of the patient forming the basis of prescription which eventually leads to cure. It is hoped that useful information will be gained both on the entity of motion sickness, as well as the homoeopathic approach to its management.
Travel sickness is enough to ruin a perfect getaway, but thankfully homeopathic remedies prove to be very effective and are perfect to carry when travelling. Some of the common homeopathic remedies which can be used as companions when travelling are:
- Aconite: This is used when one faces excessive restlessness and fear along with high heat and an urge to cool down with cold drinks.
- Borax: Taken when symptoms arise due to a downward movement like during turbulence or sudden dipping of the plane. This sudden movement causes anxiety, fidgeting, distress and confusion. Also, helpful in people who are scared of the dip of the plane during landing.
- Cocculus: This can be taken when a person experiences symptoms of nausea, salivation, dizziness and wants to lie down in order to prevent vomiting. If the sight and smell of food makes a person unwell they can also take this medicine.
- Nux Vomica: This is used when a person feels nausea, syncope and a feeling of faintness along with being sensitive to even slight movements. In this the person is usually irritable. Other symptoms which are seen in this are constipation or indigestion and a splitting or severe headache.
- Petroleum: Used when person experiences nausea, headache, dizziness, cold sweat, vomiting, extreme hunger or eating disorder along with a feeling of being confused and angry. Usually this condition is worsened by nausea.
- Tabacum: This is indicated when people experience extreme motion sickness, to the extent of being pale and a saliva filled mouth. These people might suffer from the severest form of palpitations and nausea. Closing the eyes and breathing fresh and cold air helps to relieve the symptoms.
These are just a few of the commonly used Homeopathic remedies and are mentioned only to create awareness about the effectiveness of Homeopathic medicines in motion sickness. It is not advisable to resort to self-medication for any disease.
The pressure of blood vessels in the body is referred to as blood pressure. It is essentially the measure of the force of the blood while it travels through the vessels. Doctors measure it with a blood pressure device and a stethoscope. A reading higher than the normal reading is termed as which blood pressure.
Blood pressure during pregnancy is of 3 types:
- Chronic hypertension: This is the kind of hypertension that could be pre-existent before the pregnancy or has developed after 5th month of pregnancy.
- Gestational hypertension: This is the type of hypertension, which stays till late pregnancy and disappears suddenly. There are no particular symptoms about it.
- Pregnancy induced hypertension (PIH): This condition is also known as preeclampsia or toxemia. It can cause serious potential harm if medical care is not taken on time. Both the mother and the baby gets affected if not treatment is not started on time. It typically affects a woman during the 20th week of pregnancy. Some other symptoms include excess protein in the blood and the urine.
The risk of pregnancy induced hypertension:
PIH can have serious consequences on the baby and the mother at large. The placenta fails to carry an adequate amount of protein in urine. This can result in several complications ranging from a low body weight of the fetus to other birth related complications. Once common complications where a baby suffers is known as eclampsia. This is a condition where both the baby and the mother suffer from seizures.
Symptoms of pregnancy induced hypertension:
There are various symptoms of pregnancy induced hypertensions. Some of the visible signs of this condition are vomiting blood, faster heartbeat, acute headaches, swelling of the hands and feet, less than normal urine, nausea, persistent fever, pain in the tummy, dizziness, frequent vomiting, drowsiness and blurred vision. Other symptoms are headache, excess weight gain, edema over feet, abdominal wall and other parts of body. If a woman is facing any one or more of the above symptoms, she should make it a point to visit a doctor at the earliest.
Risk factors of pregnancy induced hypertension:
PIH is frequently observed in those women whose sisters or mothers have faced the same during their pregnancies. The risk factors increase in those women who are carrying more than one baby. A woman who have not attended adulthood or who are above the age of 40 also runs the risk of suffering from pregnancy induced hypertension.
Diagnosis and treatment:
There is no single test that could identify PIH. Along with the usual symptoms, a doctor looks for persistent high blood pressure for any indication. A doctor might prescribe few blood tests to confirm the diagnosis. The treatment that works for this condition is to ensure that the baby is delivered at the earliest. If it’s the condition is detected few weeks before the delivery, a doctor let the condition be as it is, if however, the condition is diagnosed several months before the pregnancy, a doctor can have the baby delivered early in order to ensure the sound health of the baby and the mother. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
My boyfriend and I had sex 2.5 weeks Ago. He used the pull out method and we are sure he did not ejaculate inside. But today I am having light bleeding and my period date is far away i. E 17th. Am I pregnant?
I am 25 years male me and my wife had sex on 21st may. She took I pill immediately after sex and another pill 12 hours later. Since then she has missed her two consecutive periods. Her last period was on 8th may. We did two home pregnancy test on 22 june and 24 june ,both were negative . We did a beta hcg blood test on 29 june , it also showed negative pregnancy. On 11th july we did a beta hcg test and a TVS ultrasound. Both showed negative pregnancy. However ultrasound showed multiple cysts on left ovary. My wife took Medroxyprogesterone Acetate Tablets (10 mg) from 13 to 17 july. Yet she did not get her periods. please suggest the reasons. Can she be pregnant or is there some other serious concern. We both are very depressed.
I am 27 years old female, I have one child (girl, I want to do family planing in this month, my date complete (1/4/2016, it is time for to go operation or not please suggest me?
I have a problem. Whenever I try for the intercourse with my wife. In between.or during intercourse period my body does not get the proper satisfaction. What may be the reason.& also I make sexual relationship with my wife once or twice in a year. I never feel the sexual requirement. Why is it like this?
Hello Dr. My wife has given birth to one baby son on 13 june. 2012. But after that she is not getting pregnant. She is suffering from irregular period. Please help.
Hello sir I am a 23 year old approximately 5.6ft, weight 55 I have generated this habit of masturbating and am unable to control it what. I have never had relation with any girl. As I would prefer marriage. I feel that masturbating is affecting my health and mental abilities I need to get rid of it. Please suggest.
Hello. Mai 2 month pregnant thi. Kal hi mera miscarriage ho gya. Maine aap sab se bht se questions puche the. Jinka aap sbne ans b kia tha. Thank you so much for everyone who suggest me. Mai ab ye puchna chahti hu k hum dubara kb try kr skte h. Or kya kre jis se jldi concieve ho jye. Thanks.
Sugar is the trigger to most of the diseases an adult faces in present times. Sugar is not only harmful for adults, but can pose severe threats to the health of a child as well, if not administered in monitored proportions. But again, sugar is indispensable when it comes to sweetening your drinks and desserts. In order to prevent yourself from the health hazards of sugar, you should know more about its scope and effects.
- Sugar can lead to a fatty liver: Fatty liver is a troubling issue faced by many across the globe. It is wrong to think only alcoholics are subjected to this health condition. People who exercise little and consume huge amounts of fructose are also exposed to the threat of this disease. When a person doesn't do enough to burn up the existing amount of glycogen in his or her liver and take in fructose repeatedly, the liver turns that fructose into fat, impairing one's liver capabilities to a great extent.
- Sugar may make you resistant to Leptin: Leptin is a hormone released by your fat cells. The hormone is particularly necessary as it sends signals to your brain telling it you are full and won't be requiring any more food. Fat people have more number of fat cells and thus additional Leptin too. The Leptin becomes inactive due to the effects of heightened blood triglycerides and insulin, both of which counter its functioning.
- It is addictive and there lies the key to temptation: Sugar is enormously addictive. If you like sweetened products, you will find it hard to resist your cravings for cakes, cookies or chocolates. Sugar accelerates dopamine secretion; this hormone makes a person feel good. Dopamine is the hormone released on the consumption of drugs such as cocaine.
- Calories in sugar are not balanced out with any mineral or vitamin: Because of its lack of nutrient value, sugar is said to have empty calories. Food items rich in sugar tend to make a person lethargic and slackened while depriving them of essential minerals and vitamins. It is therefore, best to not allow children to have pastries, chocolates or puddings in excess.
- Sugar leads to extensive tooth decay: Sugar can accumulate on your teeth if you are having too many sweetened food items. This causes your teeth enamel to wear away, making it more prone to cavities and dental caries.
My lmp is on 28th may 2015. I had intercourse with my husband after june 14. I had known that I am pregnant on july 10th 2015. On scanning on 16th july 2015 my doctor said that fetus should need 7 weeks development and my fetus have only 5 weeks development. Is it right? is the development of fetus counted from the date of conception or from the date of lmp?
If there is yellowish green discharge and itching. With the antibiotics on phone consultation, I got my stomach disturbed. What has happened?
Are the new birth control pills that eliminate your periods really safe? how to control the after effects of it.
I am 31 years female. Marriage and ttc since 1 yr. Husband semen, tube tests and all other tests are also normal. This month I did follicular monitoring and in my left ovary the egg got ruptured. Now again am getting cramps and periods are about to come. please suggest me, why am bot able to conceive.
11 tips to overcome loneliness
I have seen in my practice as a counsellor too often, that people are living in big cities, full of people, but they feel very lonely from within and at the brink of anxiety and depression.
Simply defined, loneliness is a condition of emotional disconnect, socially feeling misfit and never ending solitude. Lonely people often feel insecure and pessimistic about finding desirable and compatible friendships. Poor self-esteem and an underdeveloped sense of one's worthiness, likeability and attractiveness prevent the lonely person from taking risks and venturing out into new relationships. Hence, they typically lack confidence and enthusiasm to pursue new relationships or nurture existing ones. As a chronic condition, it can be emotionally and psychologically debilitating.
Contrary to what many people believe, loneliness isn't just a result of being alone or an absence of friends. It is a deeper problem that is caused by thoughts and feelings of inadequacy, imperfection and shame. Chronically lonely people are often holding onto pessimistic predictions about the prospects of finding companionship, social connections and supportive relationships.
The lonely often suffer in silence. For many, it is hidden behind a facade of normalcy. While smiling and having fun, many hide their core feelings of loneliness. For these people, loneliness is not a reflection of what is happening in their lives at any given moment, but what occurs secretively and silently within them. When around people they know, they pretend to be upbeat, positive and happy, while at the same time feeling unworthy and insecure. Since it is a shame-based experience, it is typically kept a secret.
Lonely people inadvertently put themselves in a catch-22 situation: social opportunities seem like a heavy burden fraught with the potential of rejection or abandonment. The more you feel lonely, the more you feel inadequate and unworthy, the more you stop believing anyone will ever like or love you, the more you isolate. With a belief of potential rejection or abandonment, the lonely person is unable to put their best foot forward in any given social situation. Hence, loneliness feeds on itself.
The causes of loneliness are varied and multi-dimensional, including social, psychological and physiological factors. The major cause of chronic loneliness is often attributed to early developmental factors such as a child's lack of attachment to their adult caregivers who only conditionally love (love with strings attached) their children. Similarly, childhood neglect, abuse and abandonment are early childhood factors that eventually manifest into adult loneliness.
Since loneliness is a deeply embedded psychological experience (condition), having enough friends can never result in feeling secure and lovable. Building up one's self-esteem and ability to love, respect and care for oneself is fundamental in solving and healing the deeper psychological conditions that create chronic loneliness. Counselling helps people to explore their early childhood wounds in a safe and confidential space and learn new ways to 're-parent' themselves by learning to love, acknowledge and appreciate themselves.
Life is too short to waste on suffering from core loneliness. Please heed to my suggestion: open up, take a chance and access the hidden part of you that deserves true and loving companions. Heal your childhood wounds. Learn to love yourself and eliminate loneliness from your life!
The following are 10 tips to battle and conquer loneliness:
1. Catch your inner critic's attempts to sabotage yourself. Pay attention to self-degrading thoughts like 'I am too fat for anybody to want to date' I wish I were funnier and had interesting things to say 'or' people never seem to understand me,
2. Replace negative self-talk with affirming messages, such as 'I am perfectly lovable just as I am' and 'I welcome love, friendship and support into my life'
3. Fight the urge to isolate. Isolation validates your fears that you are not worthy of the love and support you absolutely deserve. Sometimes you have to force yourself to do exactly that which you are dreading -- like putting yourself out there.
4. Weed out the toxic relationships and create space in your life for relationships that fuel your spirit. You can't grow lovely succulent vegetables with a large patchwork of weeds.
5. Nurture your support network. Even if there is only one person to start with, you can build on it. Don't underestimate the importance of what you have to offer.
6. Expand your social network. Online social sites such as meetup. Com is an ideal place to meet people and to explore hobbies, interests and social groups.
7. Open your self-up, take risks, and allow yourself to be vulnerable. Since loneliness results in isolation, experiment by sharing aspects of yourself, including experiences, feelings, memories, dreams, desires, etc. This will help you feel more known and understood.
8. Ask for what you need. Find your voice. Tell people what you need from them to alleviate the loneliness. Friends respond to direct messages for help and support. Give it a try, you might be surprised!
9. Take action. Don't wait for an invitation. Be willing to take a risk, be proactive and invite people to share in your life, whether it is for coffee, lunch, a walk, an event or a gathering in your home.
10. Recognize the importance of being alone and enjoying solitude. Being alone is not the same as being lonely. Peace, quiet, freedom, space and the opportunity to connect with your deeper self.
11. Consider therapy. Counseling is something that is healthy and proactive that can help you overcome the self-defeating behaviors that exacerbate loneliness. With the support of a therapist, you can change your thinking and relationship patterns and achieve the life you want!
Breast milk is the best for babies and the benefits of breastfeeding are one too many. Breast milk not only supplies your baby with its requirement of vitamins and nutrients, but also gets the substances which fight diseases, making your baby healthy and strong.
Benefits of breastfeeding are:
1. Protects Your Body - Breastfeeding induces some changes in your body which you might not be very delighted to accept, but are for the sake of your baby. Did you know, these very changes benefit you as well. Studies have proved that women who breastfeed are protected against breast and ovarian cancer. The longer you feed, the more protected you are.
2. Reduces Stress - Adding to the benefits of breastfeeding you can derive, is the fact that it helps you reduce stress. It also lessens your risk of postpartum depression. Breastfeeding has been found to be relaxing since it releases the hormone called oxytocin. This release also helps the uterus contract.
3. Averts Risk For Baby - A breastfed baby has lower risk of sudden infant death syndrome.
4. Reduces Obesity Risk In Baby - Breastfed babies have lower chances of obesity. They are good at judging when their tummies are full and therefore stop drinking on time. This leads to healthy growth pattern. Compared to babies who are fed on formula, breastfed babies gain weight at slower speed, hence reducing chances of obesity later in life.
5. Increases Cognitive Skills - Multiple researches have shown that there is a direct relationship between cognitive development and breastfeeding.
6. Enhances Baby’s Immunity - Breastfeed babies are also said to be better protected from developing allergies as immune factors like secretory igA is present only in breast milk. It creates a protective layer on the babys intestinal tract. Babies who aren't breastfeed are known to fall sick pretty frequently as formula diet doesn't build their immunity as mother's milk does.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.
My wife is 2 month pregnant. Which food/fruit she should avoid. What should I give her daily for her & baby health. I was thinking for pomegranate juice daily, but my wife says it will cause constipation, I ask about carrot juice, she told its hot by nature, hot items r not meant till 8 months.
- चीकू हमारे ह्रदय और रक्त वाहिकाओं के लिए बहुत लाभदायक होता है।
- चीकू कब्ज और दस्त की बिमारी को ठीक करने बहुत सहायक होता है।
- चीकू खाने से gastrointestinal CANCER के होने का खतरा कम होता है।
- चीकू में Beta-Cryptoxanthin होता है जो की फेफड़ो के कैंसर के होने के खतरे को कम करता है।
- चीकू एनिमिया होने से भी रोकता है।
-यह हृदय रोगों और गुर्दे के रोगों को भी होने से रोकता है।
- चीकू खाने से आंतों की शक्ति बढती है और आंतें अधिक मजबूत होती हैं।
- चीकू की छाल बुखार नाशक होती है। इस छाल में टैनिन होता है।
- चीकू के फल में थोड़ी सी मात्रा में संपोटिन नामक तत्व रहता है। चीकू के बीज मृदुरेचक और मूत्रकारक माने जाते हैं। चीकू के बीज में सापोनीन एवं संपोटिनीन नामक कड़वा पदार्थ होता है।
- चीकू शीतल, पित्तनाशक, पौष्टिक, मीठे और रूचिकारक हैं।
- चीकू के पे़ड की छाल से चिकना दूधिया- `रस-चिकल` नामक गोंद निकाला जाता है। उससे चबाने का गोंद च्युंइगम बनता है। यह छोटी-छोटी वस्तुओं को जो़डने के काम आता है। दंत विज्ञान से संबन्धित शल्य çRया में `ट्रांसमीशन बेल्ट्स` बनाने में इसका उपयोग होता है। `
- चीकू ज्वर के रोगियों के लिए पथ्यकारक है।
- भोजन के एक घंटे बाद यदि चीकू का सेवन किया जाए तो यह निश्चित रूप से लाभ कारक है।
- चीकू के नित्य सेवन से धातुपुष्ट होती है तथा पेशाब में जलन की परेशानी दूर होती है।
Every couple should visit their doctor for it at least three months prior planning to have a baby.
Both partners should be physically and mentally healthy to start their journey of responsibility and joy.
2)What to expect on your visit to your doctor?
Your doctor will take a detailed medical history of yours and your family too. She will examine you and will advice some tests like blood sugars ; haemoglobin; thyroid tests; antibodies to rubella and toxoplasma and more depending on your history.The aim is to diagnose and treat any medical illness or deficiency found before you conceive.
3)Steps to be taken.......