Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
I am in 3rd Trimester, having dizygotic twins. I am starting to have Diarrhea. What should I do to stop it?
Hello Dr. I'm 28 years old married since 5 years. Had a misc in the first year and conceived this month and again had a miscarriage. Please help or suggest.
I am 23years old. I had sex with my bf on 8feb and that day I take I pill. contraception pill. In the even I notice bleeding for some time that time I was confused what is it. It does not occur continuously. For only 10 mins the bleeding occurred. And it was my second time sexual relationship. He also used condom during intercourse. In first time we do the same. Is there ant chances of pregnancy. After 1st time sex my period continued earlier the date. But this time for this bleeding after intercourse. Is happen. Is there any problem. If any chance of pregnancy. please suggest me.
I have 6 month old baby, after my baby's birth I never had my periods & my stomach size is too much fat. I also checked with preganews results -ve. What should I do?
I had c section and now after a 2 weeks baby try to have breast feed. How do I know he is getting milk from breast and also he sleeps within few minutes taking breast feed. What should I do?
actually my wife is pregnant. I want to know that when she could journey by train. Actually Dr. said that she was pregnant about 2 month now.
I have not missed period till now though I am confused whether it is implanting blood or period, I fear to be pregnant can I take the pregnancy test at home for making it sure before next month's period as I am confused about its implanting blood or period?
My weight have been gain and body shape also out. 1 month before my PCOS treatment have completed but my weight is not losing. I can't walking /jogging bcs of my back pain. Can I used weight lost medicine? Is any side effects?
Are you pregnant and planning on having a natural childbirth? There are several things to keep in mind when considering a natural childbirth. Natural birth involves no interventions and drugs and you need to prepare well for it. Here are some important tips you should follow, if you want to have a natural childbirth:
- Choose a birth environment of your choice: You should choose a safe place for giving birth. Many women feel more secure at home and prefer it as the place for giving birth, while some choose a hospital.
- Choose a care provider you trust: It is important for you to choose a trustworthy care provider, who will make you feel at ease and will pay respect to your wishes. In the case of giving birth in a hospital, you can opt for hiring a doula.
- Prepare your body: It is important to prepare your body physically before natural childbirth. Pregnancy is quite exhausting and makes you want to refrain from activities, but you should walk for some time every day to keep fit. Keeping your body in good shape will help you with stamina during delivery.
- Ice Game: You can play the ice game with your partner. It is a game designed to give you a glimpse of how to handle labor pain. This is more of an assessment, meant for giving you an idea about coping with pain of contractions. This method is also ideal for learning to deal with pain.
- Educate yourself: It is important for you to read a lot about pregnancy. You should read from the Internet and also from books and stories related to natural childbirth.
- Be positive: It is very important for you to maintain a positive state of mind, prior to your natural childbirth. You need to be determined and strong and reiterate to yourself that you are strong and will be able to cope with the process.
- Coping strategies: Learn about various coping strategies. Keeping your jaw relaxed, horse lips, and low moaning are some strategies you can try.
- Avoid cervical checks: Try avoiding cervical checks as much as possible, as they are not always a progressive measure. You do not have to be too much focused on dilation numbers.
- Prepare your partner: Your partner also has to play an important role during your childbirth. You should make him learn all the major facts regarding natural childbirth and let him know about your expectations and hopes for labor.
- Change positions during labor: You should try different positions during labor, and not think of being silly.
It is also important for you to get rid of preconceived ideas of natural childbirth from your mind. The process is different in different women, and you must embrace it. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist and ask a free question.
Following the same skin care routine year round may not work so well when the humidity drops. Without a change in your skin care, dry air can make fine lines and wrinkles more noticeable. Dry skin can itch, flake, crack, and even bleed.
To help heal dry skin and prevent its return, dermatologists recommend the following.
1. Prevent baths and showers from making dry skin worse. When your skin is dry, be sure to:
Close the bathroom door
Limit your time in the shower or bath to 5 or 10 minutes
Use warm rather than hot water
Wash with a gentle, fragrance-free cleanser
Apply enough cleanser to remove dirt and oil, but avoid using so much that you see a thick lather
Blot your skin gently dry with a towel
Slather on the moisturizer immediately after drying your skin
2. Apply moisturizer immediately after washing. Ointments, creams, and lotions (moisturizers) work by trapping existing moisture in your skin. To trap this much-needed moisture, you need to apply a moisturizer within few minutes of:
Drying off after a shower or bath
Washing your face or hands
3. Use an ointment or cream rather than a lotion. Ointments and creams are more effective and less irritating than lotions. Look for a cream or ointment that contains an oil such as olive oil or jojoba oil. Shea butter also works well. Other ingredients that help to soothe dry skin include lactic acid, urea, hyaluronic acid, dimethicone, glycerin, lanolin, mineral oil, and petrolatum.
Tip: Carry a non-greasy hand cream with you, and apply it after each hand washing. This will greatly help relieve dry skin.
4. Wear lip balm. Choose a lip balm that feels good on your lips. Some healing lip balms can irritate your lips. If your lips sting or tingle after you apply the lip balm, switch to one that does not cause this reaction.
5. Use only gentle, unscented skin care products. Some skin care products are too harsh for dry, sensitive skin. When your skin is dry, stop using:
Skin care products that contain alcohol, fragrance, retinoids, or alpha-hydroxy acid (AHA)
Avoiding these products will help your skin retain its natural oils.
6. Wear gloves. Our hands are often the first place we notice dry skin. You can reduce dry, raw skin by wearing gloves. Be sure to put gloves on before you:
Go outdoors in winter
Perform tasks that require you to get your hands wet
Get chemicals, greases, and other substances on your hands
7. Choose non-irritating clothes and laundry detergent. When our skin is dry and raw even clothes and laundry detergent can be irritating. To avoid this:
Wear cotton or silk under your clothing made of wool or another material that feels rough
Use laundry detergent labeled “hypoallergenic”
8. Stay warm without cozying up to a fireplace or other heat source. Sitting in front of an open flame or other heat source can dry your skin.
9. Add moisture to the air. Plug in a humidifier. If you can check your home heating system, find out if you have a humidifier on the system — and whether it’s working.
When to see a dermatologist
Your skin should start to feel better quickly. If these changes do not bring relief, you may want to see a dermatologist. Very dry skin can require a prescription ointment or cream. Dry skin also can be a sign of a skin condition that needs treatment. A dermatologist can examine your skin and explain what can help reduce your discomfort.