Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shubhangi PandyYour feedback matters!
Hello. My issue is that I had irregular monthly periods. I am not getting my periods every month regularly I do not know why can please help me out with this problem?
Hello doctor my age is 24 and my weight is 53 and my height is 5 feet 4 inches I am suffering with PCos. And my eggs are not grown and failure to release. Doctor prescribed me smartova 100 gelatin capsules in how many days can I get conceive.
I'm trying to get conceive this month today is my periods date stomach cramps are little from past one week but no bleeding. My question is if I travel is it will be a problem for me.
I had my periods around 10-13 May, 2016 and had protected sex on the 29th May, 2016. I took a pregnancy test on 14th June which was a negative and then had my periods the next day, on the 15th and it lasted for around 3 days. Is there any chances of it being implantation bleeding? I had cramps and bloating around the 23rd - 30th of June, and took a pregnancy test on 28th of june which was negative. I took another pregnancy test on the 1st of July, 2016 which was again negative. It is 15th today and I still have not got my periods and I have very scanty white discharge and slight cramps. Is there a possibility of me being pregnant? Also I took an ultrasound on the 4th of July. The doctor said my uterus was normal. I am getting so paranoid. Please help.
Obsessive compulsive behaviour is form of anxiety disorder in which unreasonable thoughts and fears, which are obsessions that lead one to do repetitive compulsive behaviour. Root causes of obsessive compulsiveness are complex and often deep seated. The underlying emotional states may include the fear of unknown, not being in control, negative outcomes, failure, rejection, shame, annihilation or embarrassment
You can eliminate mild obsessive compulsion easily, whereas, severe obsessive compulsiveness, require support of medical and mental health professionals.
When you start pondering or obsessing over an activity, you must try to stop the negative pattern, and provide control and security. A good anchor code stops an obsessive thought pattern and provides fact-based security for new action. One can get it under control and recover from it, however at the present, there is no cure. It is a potential that will always be there in the background, even when one's life is no longer affected by it.
The treatment for obsessive compulsive behaviour depends on the how much the condition is affecting the daily life of the person. There are two main treatments, firstly cognitive behavioural therapy, which involves graded exposure and response prevention and the second being medication. The cognitive behaviour therapy emboldens one to face one's fear and let the obsessive thoughts occur without neutralising them with compulsions. In second case, treatment is by medication to control one's symptoms by altering the balance of chemicals in brain.
Obsessive compulsive behaviour that has a relatively minor impact on one's daily life is usually treated with a short course of cognitive behavioural therapy. Cognitive behavioural therapy involves exposure and response prevention that is used to help people with all severities. People with mild to moderate behaviour usually need about 10 hours of therapist treatment, combined with exercises to be done at home between sessions. Those with moderate to severe symptoms may need a more intensive course of therapy that lasts longer than 10 hours.
During the sessions, one works with therapist to break down the problems into their separate parts like physical feelings, thoughts and actions. The therapist encourages you to face your fear and let the obsessive thoughts occur without putting them right. It requires motivation and one should start with situations that cause the least anxiety first. These exposure exercises need to take place many times a day, and need to be done for one to two hours without engaging in compulsions to undo them. People with Obsessive compulsive behaviour find that when they confront their anxiety without carrying the compulsion, the anxiety goes away. Each time, the chances of anxiety reduces and last for a shorter period of time.
Once you have one exposure task, you can move on to a more difficult task, until you have overcome all of the situations that make you anxious. It is important to remember it can take several months before a treatment has a noticeable effect. It is extremely vital to remember that no one is perfect, nor can anyone recover perfectly. Even in well maintained recoveries, people can occasionally mess up and forget what they are supposed to be doing.
Mere neck se khana ni. Jata h. Bht thoda thoda khati hu tb jata h r vo bh liquid nd pani k through. Ithrwise fas jata h gale m hi h nd phr vomit krk nikalna pdta h bcz pani k through bh phr ni jata. Meri endoscopy ho chuki h usme kch bh ni nikla h. R ye prblm mjhe 3-4 sal s h. Kafi Dr. S treatmnt bh krwai nd test vghrh bh bt phr bh koi sudhar ni hua. Wht should I do?
You only have one heart, and it works for 24 hrs a day. It never sleeps, so you have to treat it right if you want to keep it pumping for years to come. For a healthy heart, you have to boost nutrition, flavor and color in your meals and snacks. A variety of fruits and vegetables are good for your heart. Always try to eat foods that are in their natural form, as they come from the ground.
Find out how these 10 foods may help lower your risk of heart disease.
1) Fresh Herbs like oregano, basil, rosemary and thyme are full of antioxidants. They are full of flavor and use them liberally to replace extra salt, oil and sugar in your food.
2) Red Wine: before you read on, a caution is that too much alcohol actually is bad for your heart. Sipping a unit of red wine a day may be good by giving you two very powerful antioxidants in restorative and catechist. These can help you to increase your HDL cholesterol while lowering your risk of damage to arterial walls and subsequent clot formation. However, alcohol may be a problem when you are already on aspirin or other medications. Check with your doctor first if you have had a history of heart disease.
3) Salmon: The american heart association calls it a super food and recommends at least two servings of salmon in a week. You can have it baked in a foil with herbs or add with veggies in your salad. It is rich in omega-3 fatty acids and helps to correct rhythm disorders of the heart and reduce triglycerides and blood pressure. These properties also hold good for tuna fish and one must choose canned tuna in water or brine instead of oil.
4) Extra Virgin Olive Oil: though any kind of extra oil is bad for your heart, if you need to take in some oil, then extra virgin olive oil has a lot of heart saving properties. Only one should not use it for frying or over heating the veggies. It is good when tossed over salads or used sparingly over boiled or cooked vegetables.
5) Walnuts: a handful of walnuts, say 50 grams a day are full of antioxidants and fiber. They reduce inflammation of the arteries and reduce cholesterol. However, they also have high calorie content so one must be careful about the quantities consumed.
6) Almonds: Almonds are full of plant sterols and reduce the blood ldl and are good for diabetics. One must eat them raw for full benefits as cooking or roasting them may kill some of their beneficial properties.
7) Tofu is a high source of soy protein and can be added to soups or marinated or sauteed with vegetables for its goodness. It has a lot of heart healthy minerals and polyunsaturated fats.
8) Sweet potato is a good substitute for white potatoes especially useful for people with diabetes and heart disease. It has a low glycemic index and prevents sharp rise in blood sugar after meals. One can bake it and sprinkle with cinnamon and lime juice to make it super effective.
9) Oranges have potassium and antioxidants to lower the blood pressure and improve the vessel wall function.
10) Carrots are full of fiber and are one of the top heart saving foods by controlling cholesterol. Add them liberally in your salad or munch them raw for their power packed action.
If any girl had sex before marriage for one to two years .Can it be found without test by the doctor. One of my friend had sex for one to two years with her boyfriend now she is getting married so can her husband will check that she is virgin or not?
I am due my period on 13 Jan 2017, I have tried hcg urine test after 40 days. But results negative should I wait more. I have period cycle of 34 days.
Hi doctor please help me out im 27 week pregnant with frequent urination baby moving lot always tired is this ok tht too my Cervix stitched at 22 week I'm on progesterone injection weekly and taking susten 200 mg ultra d3 cc74 and richer tablets is this causing frequent urination or what Please help me please please.
I am just married. My hubby wants sex. He tried for anal sex also. I felt pain when he penetrates in my anus. I want to know the fact with anal sex.
Hi my wife is 29 years old pregnant for 2 months with diabetes 120-140. Doctors wants to give insulin. Is it good. Will it harm baby in any case and please let me know after delivery course for the same.
My daughter is feeling feverish, though body temperature is normal and below normal in her 9 the month pregnancy. Reasons and relief requested.
I am 33 years old fatty guy I got married 2 years back and my penis is 3 to 4 inches what is the best time to get a child from my wife or best time cycle for pregnancy when to have intercourse can you please help me?
I had sex with my husband yesterday (15th april) and I finished my period cycle on 5th of april. Its only 1 year completed of our married life and we both were not prepared mentally to conceive a baby right now. We have used condom during our intercourse. And the number of condoms he used to cover his penis is 2. He injected for 2 times and pulled out. But he hadn't ejaculated for a very long time. He got his fluid after we had fingering. I stopped him doing sex after he injected twice and pulled me. I am extremely worried about that whether there is a chance of getting pregnant or do I need to take birth control pills. He used his hands for fingering into my vagina without washing them. Please do respond at the earliest. I am having a little bit of abdominal pain right now.(the condom slipped once while he pulled the penis out of the vagina. Is loose motions in this case are the earliest sign of being pregnant? He was not in direct contact with penis due to condom protection. As per my case I am facing lower abdominal pain and frequent urination from 27th of april i. E today. Am I pregnant?
Doctor, Last month meri wife ki date 10 days late thi. To is month uska fertile period time kya hoga.
The food we eat affects our mind and body in various ways. There are many kinds of foods that have varied kinds of effects on how our body behaves due to the nutritional properties of the same. Spinach is a well known green vegetable that is rich in iron and various other nutrients. Since time immemorial, this vegetable has been used in various forms like soups, curries and much more so that we may enjoy the health benefits of the same.
Let us find out more about the health benefits of spinach with these quick pieces of information.
- Prevents cancer: One of the foremost qualities of having spinach on a regular basis is that it helps in the prevention of cancer. This is due to the fact that the level of chlorophyll that one may find in spinach is absolutely apt when it comes to blocking the entry and effect of carcinogenic material and elements in our body. These are the elements that may enter our body due to pollution as well as through some kinds of processed food. So one will need to eat plenty of spinach, especially in today’s day and age of adulterated food and pollution, so as to mitigate the effect of these elements and prevent cancer. Spinach is also highly recommended for those people who have a history of cancer in their family, and hence, are at a higher risk of getting the same.
- Helps in managing one’s diabetes: Alpha lipoid acid is one of the most well-known antioxidants that can be found in spinach. This is one of the rare elements that helps in lowering the glucose levels in the body even as it increases sensitivity towards insulin. This, in turn, helps in taking care of one’s diabetes without constant hospitalisation and medication. It also helps in managing diabetes through a neuropathy approach.
- Brings down blood pressure: Spinach is of great value for patients who have been suffering from problems like hypertension as it brings down the blood pressure levels. This is because spinach manages to negate the effect of sodium, which may be found in the body. This happens due to the high potassium content, which may be found in this leafy green vegetable.
- Increases the health of bones: When we have spinach on a regular basis, our bones also get the benefit of the same. The risk of bone fracture is literally reduced to half due to the high level of vitamin K and protein content of this vegetable.
- Gives you good skin and hair: With the constant ingestion of spinach, one can also get shining hair and glowing skin due to Vitamin C and collagen element that is found in abundance in this vegetable. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.