Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons in India. You will find Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Treatment of Gynaecomastia
Skin Laser Treatment
Skin Rash Treatment
Hair Regrowth Procedure
Breast Reduction Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hernia Repair Surgery
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Acne / Pimples Treatment
Hair Loss Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Platelet Rich Plasma Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Shishir AggarwalYour feedback matters!
Hi, I am 26 years old guy facing hair fall issue. Can you please let me know how I can grow my hair back naturally. I have tried homeopathic and minoxidil but haven't got any result. I have heard about using licorice, dandelion root and burdock root help to restore hair on bald patches. Is it true and where I can get this things in case it is working. I have almost lost my hair on temples. Please let me know if it is possible to restore as I have already surfed millions of pages on internet.
I am 73 years old male. Can I go for hair transplant surgery for my baldness? How long is the duration of the treatment?
I have a accidental mark on my forehead from last 4 year. Will you please advice that how I can remove this mark I have consult many Dr. But it was of no use.
Home remedies for skin whitening. I have a little dark skin n it was not clear. please suggest hou to improve the skin texture. And hou get crystal clear skin.
I have the problem of dark circles. I have also skin pigmentation with the aging. I want to get rid of these with a good advise. I am suffering from insomnia and lack of sleep for the stress in my life. I want to make me free from sleepless night and go for a good night sleep. Please I shall wait for your advise.
I have a big problem of pimple from last 10 years I try many things including doctors suggestion but nothing happen? Would you kindly help me?
Face becoming dull day by day sir, Face is not glowing. Mine is oily skin. So kindly suggest me a BEST Face wash or soap! thanks in advance.
Red spots on face. It itches. sometimes when am in sunlight, I just can not bear the heat and start perspiring badly. I can't resist heat at all.
SIR/Madam, I have got many blackheads on my face and I am sick from these blackheads please tell me how I can remove them.
I had a problem of hair fall, neighbors told to use onion juice, ginger and caster oil to reduce it. But I have a small doubt, by using caster oil we can regrow our lost hair in the bald spots?
My husband has dark circles. He has tried all ointments last one was wunder eye cream which did not work. He has sleep of 7 hours. Healthy and fit. Can help.
Stretch marks, as the name suggest; appears when the skin is over stretched. These marks can also appear when the body loses its ability to stretch (use of certain steroids). Both the conditions affect the skin elasticity. As a result, white, red (turn pale over a period of time) or purple streaks appear on the buttocks, armpits, stomach, thighs and chest.
Many factors influence the appearance of stretch marks, also known as Striae distensae:
- Elevated levels of Cortisone hormone (produced by the Adrenal gland) play a pivotal role in the appearance of stretch marks.
- Stretch marks are common during pregnancy. As the foetus grows in size, the skin tends to stretch more and more. This stretching provides sufficient space to the developing foetus. A hormonal imbalance can also mark the appearance of stretch marks during this period. In some, the stretch marks appear after pregnancy.
- Stretch marks are sure to appear when a person experiences a sudden change in the body weight (weight gain or loss). These marks can also be seen in children who are in their growing phase (teenagers).
- Use of Corticosteroids (steroid hormones produced by the adrenal cortex) can leave your body with the unwanted stretch marks. It is advisable to use corticosteroids (pills or cream) under medical supervision.
- Stretch marks may be an outcome of some genetic disorders such as Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome and Marfan's Syndrome. Striae distensae can appear in people with Cushing's Syndrome (the adrenal gland produces the hormone, Glucocorticoids in excess)
Stretch marks often affect person's confidence. Most people find stretch marks extremely annoying and embarrassing. They try every possible trick under the sun to camouflage and get rid of the unwanted marks.
The stretch marks are generally harmless and can be treated:
- Drink plenty of water. It is important to keep the skin hydrated. Bio oils, Vitamin E enriched oils, certain creams, can effectively fades the appearance of stretch marks. Use of moisturisers containing Cocoa Butter and Shea Butter will speed up the fading process.
- Loss or breakdown of collagen protein (fibrous protein) can result in stretch marks. For stretch marks that are not very old, Tretinoin cream comes across as a huge relief. Application of Tretinoin cream helps in the restoration of collagen protein. For pregnant women, it is best to avoid this cream.
- In case the stretch marks are a little older, a person can go for Microdermabrasion.
- Another great technique is the Pulsed Dye Laser Therapy. This therapy works by enhancing the growth of elastin and collagen protein.
All the preventive measures and treatments can help to fade the stretch marks. However, none can guarantee complete disappearance of the marks. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.