Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Shekhar VashistYour feedback matters!
My daughter is 4 yrs old weighing only 10 kg 500gm she does not gain weight and is very weak i consulted many doctors but is useless they say she is very active thats the only anwer i get she has problem eating solid food she does not like to eat a single fruit nor chocolates or any chips or waffers from outside and also harras me a lot to eat home made food pls help my daghter fo that she start liking to eat food and gain some weight atleast.
My little sister is one month short of her 3rd birthday. We stopped feeding her milk from bottle as we came across articles saying it is harmful. Now her diet has reduced a lot and because of that she has become very thin. Also, she is always in a bad mood. Is there something we can do about this?
Both natural and homeopathic remedies can efficiently deal with lactose intolerance and thus you should check the reports of the patient for finding the best solution. You can choose any of these remedies or else can continue with both.
List of homeopathic medicines for treating lactose intolerance
- Aethusa Cynapium: The medicine helps in the digestion of milk so that unwanted stomach aches can be easily avoided. On the other hand, health condition of the kids can also be improved to a great extent using this medicine. Loose tools or green colour diarrhea due to dairy products can be prevented with care.
- Apis Mellifica: Milk allergies can be easily cured with this medicine and thus kids are often prescribed the drug by a homeopathic expert. A few symptoms are found in kids due to lactose intolerance like breathing difficulty, body itchiness, redness, swelling, skin rashes and others. All these symptoms can be treated by this homeopathy medicine.
- China Officinalis: This medicine is mainly prescribed to those kids for whom Apis Mellifica is not the suitable one. Flatulence, belching and bloating can be properly controlled or regulated by taking this drug regularly. Excessive mucus formation, chest's rattling sound and excessive coughing might occur with dairy intolerance and these symptoms might get severe. This is the reason the doctors often prescribe this medicine as the best option.
A few natural remedies for treating lactose intolerance
- Probiotics: These are specialized bacteria that not only help in improving digestion, but proper nourishment can also be gained.
- Coconut milk: This is now considered as one of the leading substitutes for different dairy products.
- Apple cider vinegar: Lactose intolerance signs can be completely eradicated along with the maintenance of body balance by consuming apple cider vinegar regularly. This is a natural product, and thus you can take the same regularly without taking a doctor's permission.
- Fermented products: Kimchi and Sauerkraut are those fermented foods that can create helpful bacteria as a result of which the gut can be re-populated and digestive system can be regulated. The symptoms will get reduced slowly with the consistent intake of these foods.
- Yogurt: This can be taken with meals as it is enriched with beneficial bacteria that can help in digesting different other dairy products. With the consumption of yoghurt, Lactose can be broken down naturally, and on the other hand, digestion can be improved.
My child age is 49 days. We had forgotten to give the first dose of immunization vaccine at the time of birth because he was premature baby. Later it was given at the day of 35. Now, when will we give the second dose of immunization?
My daughter is 2 months old and I give her vitamin drops dhup daily and incidentally it fell on her eye. I immediately rinse off it with water and then put breast milk in her eye what should I do further for the same.
Asthma has become a common ailment these days because of rampant air pollution and stressful lifestyle. The quality of the air we breathe, the change in climate and dust allergy can easily bring in an asthmatic flare up in some people.
Asthma attack causes breathing difficulty. This happens as your bronchial tubes get inflamed and contract, thereby narrowing down the air passages. You feel your chest tightening up and experience shortness of breath with a wheezing sound.
What triggers asthma flare ups?
There a number of potential triggers for mild to severe asthmatic attacks. By identifying and avoiding these triggering factors you can bring down the frequency of your asthmatic flare ups notably.
Look out for the following factors that may set off asthma:
Cold and flu:
Cold and flu infection spreads through coughing and sneezing from an infected person. A cold takes 2-4 days while flu takes 3-4 weeks to recover. These infections can potentially trigger the asthma attack by causing inflammation of the air passages.
The changing weather conditions, cold air, humid climate and thunderstorms often trigger asthma flare ups. Changes in temperature also aggravates asthma problem. Cold air is one of the most common reasons for asthma attacks in kids and adults alike.
Dust mites in your carpets, rugs, pillows and bedding may trigger asthma as well. It is very difficult to kill dust mites. Make sure you use vacuum cleaner to clear away dust from your beddings, carpets, pillows etc. And put them out in the sun often.
If you have indoor plants then they may trigger asthma attack due to allergy flare ups. This happens as they tend to form molds that may trigger asthma.
Indoor plants and garden areas may be a good thriving ground for pollens. Pollens are very fine particles. Insects and gusts of air may transport these allergens to your body through breath.
Pet/animal dander and cockroaches:
Pets or animals with hair or fur like a dog, cat, bird or even mice may shed miniscule skin flecks that may cause irritation and trigger an asthmatic flare up.
If you have cockroaches at home, then get pest control done. Their droppings may also trigger asthma flare up and you would have never guessed the real reason!
If your office area is closed up and not well ventilated, has wood dust or smell of wood polish, wall paint fumes, chemicals etc. Then your asthma flare up can set off easily.
If you smoke or you are in a smoking zone like in a restaurant or a party, then the smoke can prompt an asthma flare up. Even smoke from a bushfire may trigger it.
If you live, work or travel in an area where air pollution is high due to traffic or lack of greenery, then an asthma flare up can occur frequently.
Strong smells from flowers, mosquito repellents, incense sticks, varnish, paint, perfumed candles, deodorants or body perfumes can also trigger asthma.
Certain medicines can also trigger asthma attack like blood pressure or steroidal medicines etc. Always ask your doctor before taking medicines.
Stress and emotional highs:
If you have not taken a vacation in a long time, you are working late nights or have to do heavy physical or mental work, then it results in extreme stress. It may trigger an asthmatic flare up. Emotional highs like anger or excitement can also trigger a flare up of asthma.
Exercising, jogging, swimming or running can also trigger asthmatic attack due to physical exertion. This happens because when you run or work out, then breathing becomes faster. This lets a lot of cold air enter your lungs in comparison to normal breath that is made warm by your nose.
Anytime you are experiencing hormonal ups and downs, asthma flare up can get triggered. For women menstrual cycle, pregnancy or menopause can trigger asthma in some cases. This is not very common though.
Kapha aggravating foods can also trigger an asthmatic attack. Avoid rice, curd, high salt, sugar, lentils, strong tea, alcohol, pickles, sauces, processed foods to lower the risk of asthma flare up. Processed foods contain preservatives like sulphite foods that may trigger asthma.
Find out the reasons that cause your asthma flare up. Keep yourself active despite asthma by avoiding these triggering factors.
My baby is 7 months old only she was suffering from loose motions from last 2 days we have consulted Dr. He suggested medicine darolac and zenflox oz. What ever food we are feeding that is directly coming in motion. Please give me suggestion.
I have 4months and 2week year old son the problem is he is got problem of loose motions on and off. He is on breast feed only. Hve not started any top feed or formula. I am very worried. please advice.
My sister baby 1 year old. She is in normal behaviour except weight gain. She is so lean. Suggest me how to increase her weight.
Helo, doctor. My question is If we born with twins, the capacity of both child will be same. Or otherwise it will be differ. Example: first child got a half brain capacity but the second child is reduce his brain capacity and not too understand? its common or any reason? please help me.
Excessive hair fall, thinning of hair and bald spots are not only concerns of adults, children too suffer from hair woes. Look for signs and identify causes that are leading to your child's hair loss. With proper treatment hair loss can be reversed and your child's hair can be restored.
Look for these signs to determine whether your child is suffering from hair loss.
- Bald patches on the head.
- Loss of hair from the entire body
- Excessive hair loss but not complete fallout
- Spots of broken hair and scattered hair loss
- Alopecia areata - This condition results in oval patches of hair fallout from certain portions of the head. It is a noncontiguous condition that appears when the body's immunization attacks the hair follicles. About 25% of affected kids also suffer from ridging nails.
- Tinea capitis - Also known as ringworms of the scalp, this is a type of fungal infections that are often seen in children. It causes oval shaped scaly spots on the head due to breakage of hair and the remaining roots seem like black spots.
- Telogen effluvium - If your child has undergone some kind of trauma, be it physical or psychological, it can cause the hair follicles to enter into the resting phase and within 6 to 16 weeks excessive hair loss occurs leaving your child partially bald.
- Trichotillomania - Stress or anxiety can cause your child to pull out his/her own hair. This results in scattered hair loss and broken hair which is prominent on the sides of the head.
- Lack of nutrients - Nutritional deficiency can cause hair loss if your child lacks vitamin A, B complex and biotin it can trigger hair fall.
Hair fall in children is common and treatable if they are of medical causes. Sometimes rubbing and playing with hair can also cause hair loss so parents are advised to look into all the probable causes that might lead to shedding.
Related Tip: What is the Most Effective Hair Regrowth Treatment??
My baby is 1 year+. I need a diet chart to follow for his better growth physically and mentally. Also he got around 8 tooth ,need some non-florida based toothpaste for brushing. Please suggest.
My five Months son suffer from cough and cold Can I give him Recofast syrup and how much drops or ml Please advice.
Always make it a practice to encourage your children to inform you if they face any pain or discomfort in the neck or back before it becomes a serious problem.